The Candle Snuffed

WHAT THE HECK- THE FIRST CHAPTER OF SOLACE HAS 700+ READS WHAT THE- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- O-o You all confuse me at times xD

anyywayysssss- I've been having motivation issues trying to get the renders done, so I'll probs add them in later in a final chapter once I get to that point. Or maybe just add a chapter to put them at xD  Enjoy the chapter! o/ (Also several people got the place for the last chapter correct, so they all got unique secrets! You all can get together in my conversation board to talk about that if you want to and I may answer some questions there! :D)

-----

|Light|

I froze. Out of all the times I have faced danger, I froze. Adrenaline fills my veins as the First Curse lifts his hand with dancing flames licking them.

"LIGHT, RUN! MOVE, GET OUT OF THERE!" Sabre's panic-filled cry was dulled out by the pounding of my heart in my ears. I couldn't move. I knew it would have been too late anyway, not with me this close to the First Curse.

I slowly close my eyes as heat started to lick my skin.

"Hey Light, do you ever wonder what life would be like if we hadn't met Sabre," Rainbow asks me as we sat on the balcony of the Rainbow house, Sabre fast asleep inside. I let out a small breath as I lean against the railing, Rainbow fiddling around with the edge of his shirt.

"I don't know, Orange. I mean, I wouldn't be the type of Steve I am now if it wasn't for him, but would the world be the same without his efforts against the darkness and trying to stop it?" A cool night breeze tickles my face as I close my eyes, considering what I would be like if it wasn't for Sabre. I'd still be Shy Orange Steve, right? Staying my days away in my house, not really talking with many other people...

"I wonder that too," Rainbow says with a murmur as he sets his hands on the railing and gazes up at the stars.

We hear a soft mumble from inside the house and both glance back at the sleeping figure. He makes a motion as if he would have been stretching out wings, then makes a grimace in his sleep.

"He's... pretty peaceful sleeping nowadays. He still needs to wear the bandages because of where his wings were but... he's definitely been having some time to relax and heal after finally gathering all the crystals and creating... me." Rainbow mumbles quietly and turns to look up at the stars above us.

"Yeah. I hope we can just get this all over with and back to the way it was. We all could use a break from all of this." I watch the sleeping former avian for a moment longer, then look up at the sky as well, taking in the beauty that lay up there.

We all needed this pain over with.

Pain drags me from the memory as the fireball makes contact with my body, igniting every nerve in my body with pain. The impact knocks me backward, but after a brief moment, I loose the sensation of pain as a dull feeling of my body hitting stone fills my mind.

I was still conscious of what was happening around me: screaming, somebody frantically shaking my limp body, the sounds of a sword drawing and lightning ensuing. From somewhere, I was hearing a faint joyful laugh that was slowly getting closer.

"Yeah Gerald! That's what I was thinking too! Having a carrot party would be so much fun!" His voice... His voice was still as joyful as ever, even in death.

I reach towards a white abyss, towards the softly tinged rainbow form that was walking towards me. Crystal. Orange, I'm here-

A sharp chill starts in my chest and quickly starts to spread through my body before I can touch him though. I gasp at the sudden sensation as his voice fades away.

"Shy, It's not your time yet." I blink, then whip around, surrounded in a bright white light. Standing not far from me, was a crystalline Steve, their attire covered in shimmering white, orange, and blue gems.

"Who-?" I start, my voice echoey, as the figure lifts their hand with their face obscured by a mask. The chill spreads further through my body so with a bit of panic, I try to move. However, my entire body felt numb and unmovable. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move.

"You'll understand in time, Shy, yet for now, until Sabre can dull the freeze, this is the only way to keep you alive." The Steve's voice echoes as the chill starts to cover my face and I meet their masked eyes.

"Wait! Who are you?!" I yell before the cold prevents me from talking further. The figure shakes their head, the crystals covering their long cape and formal looking clothes, jingling with their quiet movements.

"You'll know."

After a moment, they turn their back to me and walk into the white void, disappearing from view. I stay there, frozen and cold. There wasn't anything I could do, so I close my eyes; Giving in to the freeze that covered my body.