Nystrom

By SabrinaA_writes

[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes... More

Intro/Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Backstory
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Drawings
Chapter 4: True Colors
Chapter 5: Confusion
Chapter 6: Game
Chapter 7: Mysterious Boy
Chapter 8: Guilt
Chapter 9: Drugs
Chapter 10: Stronzo
Chapter 11: Angry
Chapter 12: Fucker
Chapter 13: Italian
Chapter 14: Mission
Chapter 15: Unusual
Chapter 16: Feelings
Chapter 18: Friend
Chapter 19: Tease
Chapter 20: Mine
Chapter 21: Yours
Chapter 22: Panic
Chapter 23: Silent
Chapter 24: Promise
Chapter 25: Kissable
Chapter 26: Together
Chapter 27: Soaked
Chapter 28: Remember
Chapter 29: Oblivion
Chapter 30: Torture
Chapter 31: Love
Chapter 32: Again
Chapter 33: Mirror
Chapter 34: Broken Bones
Chapter 35: Babe?
Chapter 36: Breaking Down
Chapter 37: Punches
Chapter 38: Betrayal
Chapter 39: Imaginable
Chapter 40: My Crazy Boy
Chapter 41: Good Fucking Girl
Chapter 42: Smut?
Chapter 43: Ruin Me
Chapter 44: Murderous Couple
Chapter 45: Perfect
Chapter 46: Mommy?
Chapter 47: Crazy Ideas
Chapter 48: Beg
Chapter 49: Green
Chapter 50: Puke
Chapter 51: Copy And Paste
Chapter 52: Dangerously Addictive
Chapter 53: Ring
Chapter 54: Relax
Chapter 55: Destroy You
Chapter 56: Psychos
Chapter 57: Fever Dream?
Chapter 58: Fiancee
Chapter 59: On Your Knees
Chapter 60: Blushing
Chapter 61: Worth Living
Chapter 62: Me and Him
Chapter 63: Call Me
Chapter 64: Italy
Chapter 65: Written In The Stars
Chapter 66: Too Perfect
Chapter 67: Orso
Chapter 68: Persuade Me
Chapter 69: Home
Chapter 70: Dominate Me
Chapter 71: Only A Second
Chapter 72: Chaos
Chapter 73: Painful Truth
Chapter 74: Bitch
Chapter 75: Breaking Point
Chapter 76: Heart
Chapter 77: Awake
Chapter 78: Happiness
Chapter 79: Aftermath
Chapter 80: Ti Amo
Chapter 81: Revenge
Chapter 82: Whipped
Chapter 83: Dirty Mind
Chapter 84: Quiet
Chapter 85: Tattoo
Chapter 86: Tattoo Shop
Chapter 87: Wedding
Chapter 88: Anch'io Ti Amo
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Kiss

151K 3.7K 11.1K
By SabrinaA_writes

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

You can listen to any song with this chapter but I recommend listening to Swim by Chase Atlantic ;) It's the song I wrote this chapter to {speed up version} ;)

Get ready, my loves :).

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Maeve," Silas calls out but I take a few steps away from him and walk the other way, leaving him unaccompanied.

This can't be happening.

I can't fall for him, but I already did.

Kayla was right, I was lying to her and myself. Why the hell is she always right?

I stroll through the hallway ignoring Kayla and directly went up to my room. I let my hair fall loose, my hand moving through my hair.

A knock is heard from the door, "Can I come in?" Kayla's voice asked, I told her yes and she barged in shutting the door behind her. "What happened?" She questions me with genuine fear.

"You were right. You're always right," I laugh at the last part rubbing my temples. "What do you mean? Wait-." She raises her eyebrows in surprise, her jaw nearly touching the ground.

"You're starting to like Silas?"

I inhale sharply after she says his name. "I'm so dumb, I go around telling myself to not fall for him. But what happened, exactly I fricking fell for him." I huff, going through my hair with my hand yet again.

Kayla gives me a sympathetic smile, she steps closer caressing my shoulder, "May, it's alright. You don't choose who you get to like, you'll have to accept it."

"No, I'm not going to accept it. It will only lead to me having a shattered heart," I warn her, pacing around the room. My head feels like it's going to blow up.

"I'll just avoid him, that helps right?" I glance at Kayla with hope on my face, she shrugs. "Avoiding isn't going to get you anywhere." She speaks and I brush it off.

We'll see.

Just avoid him.

Easy.

"Do you want to go on a walk? I don't want to stay here but I'm going to shower first," I tell her, opening the bathroom door. She nods, "Sure, I'll wait for you downstairs." She turns away and leaves my room.

I lock my bedroom door and head over towards my closet, picking some comfortable clothes after I've showered.

I enter my bathroom and lock it, stripping down to nothing. I turn on the shower and step inside.

The warm water ran down my hair onto my sore body due to the training. I huff thinking about current events, I go around telling myself that I despise him but look at what happened.

Who the fuck falls for someone they hate?

Me.

I brush my hair in the shower and wash my body. Once I was done I step out of the heated shower and grab the towel, wrapping it around my warm body.

I am too lazy to dry my hair so I just let it hang loose until it dries itself. I unlock the bathroom door and enter my bedroom. I yank my normal clothes on me before exiting my room.

I hurry down the stairs seeing Kayla standing at the front door, holding open the door. I rushed to pull my shoes on and walk towards her, glancing behind me every time.

"He's talking with Aaron," Kayla informed me, not using Silas' name to be sure that no one overheard us. "I don't care, I wasn't looking for him." I lie, lifting my shoulders as I stroll outside.

Kayla laughs and steps outside closing the door.

The wind rushes through my hair as it tickled my skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps. Kayla walks next to me and intertwines our arms together like a married couple.

"I don't like seeing you so miserable," Kayla frowns trying to cheer me up. "Miserable? I'm happy." I point at my face giving her a broad smile, she doesn't buy it.

She pulls me closer with her arm and we begin to stumble because of the sudden movement. "Don't be mad at yourself because you like someone." She says, nudging my side.

Now I'm sure that she can read minds.

"I'm not mad at myself. I simply hate liking someone I don't have a chance with, I mean he hates me." I explain and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"What makes you think that he hates you?" She questions, I recall the moments in my head when he was an asshole.

He's always an asshole.

"He told me once I don't know how anyone could stay with you, all happy and shit." I quote, imitating his deep voice. "That's... interesting." Kayla smiles awkwardly.

"But that was at first, you didn't know each other that good. He surely likes you," She tries to encourage me, I snap my head towards her, my eyebrows lifting up as I give her a you're-kidding-right look.

"Tell me one thing that happened that makes you think that Silas likes me?" I challenge her and an evil smirk grows on her face. "First of all, I saw you two holding hands on the mission." She narrows her eyes pointing at me as we continue to walk.

"Second of all, he's always looking at you. When we were in the car, you both were having a fucking staring competition." She adds and I bite my lower lip when she calls me out.

She's kinda right.

We reach the place where we always used to meet, it was still looking the same as the last time I came here. There was a small cabin that was encircled by large green trees.

No one stays in there and the door is always unlocked so that's where we used to meet.

Me, Kayla and Ethan.

I should probably find another place that only Kayla and I know of.

We walk near the cabin until we stopped in our tracks instantly. A figure of a man was sitting in front of the cabin, with his head in his arms.

I frown and tilt my head to look better at him, but when I do I feel my hands reach out for Kayla's firmly holding her arms.

"We should leave," I whisper to Kayla and she frowns until she acknowledges the boy because of his brown hair. "Okay, don't make any sound," Kayla whispers back as we turn around, carefully walking away.

"Maeve? Kayla?" The voice speaks and I internally scream at myself.

No, no, no, no.

I grip Kayla's hand tighter, looking at her with hopeless eyes, she frowns at me not comprehending why I am behaving like this.

"Maeve," Ethan's voice exclaims again and I hear him stand up from his place. Me and Kayla carefully spin around seeing his awful state.

He certainly looks like he just stood up from the dead.

"Maeve, please let me explain. I promise that after you hear me out you won't ever see me," He vowed. But I could smell his lies from miles away.

"She doesn't want to talk to you," Kayla notifies him but he ignores her. "I'm seeing a therapist now, Maeve. They told me that I might have anger issues." He explains, stepping closer but luckily not too close.

You might have anger issues?

"I sincerely do feel guilty. I didn't mean to harm you at that party - I shouldn't have gotten angry at you for not wanting to have sex with me-," He rapidly speaks before he gets cut off by Kayla.

"Hold on a fucking second," Kayla turns around to look at me with a horrid look in her eyes. "What-." She inhales trying to calm herself.

"Did he physically hurt you?" Her voice cracks at the end of the sentence, her brows frown and she holds my hand tightly. "He hurt you?" She starts, "Because you didn't want to have... sex with him?" She snaps her head towards Ethan scowling at him.

Her eyes find mine again as her expression softens, "I'm so sorry. You should've just told me, you don't deserve this." She wraps her hands around me, holding me close.

She pulls away and stares at Ethan with pure bitterness in her looks.

Now he strides closer, grabbing my right arm. "I'm sorry. It was never my intention, I love you, Maeve." I try to snatch my arm away from him, but the grip on my arm only tightens making his nails cut into my flesh.

"Ethan. Let go." I speak loudly and he shakes his head carving his nails deeper into my skin, I already feel the stinging pain of the cuts.

"What the fuck?! Are you insane, let her go?" Kayla tugs at his hand but only for him to shove her away with all his strength.

"Maeve, I can't let you go." He mumbles.

Kayla stumbled backwards hissing as she almost fell to the ground. I ignore the pain from the cuts as soon as I saw that he pushed her. I raise my eyebrows at him in surprise.

"You can hurt me, but who told you that you could lay your disgusting hands on her?" I spat, unexpectedly I yank his hair back with my left hand.

I hold his hair in my hands tilting his head back.

"How does it feel, hm? Does it hurt?" I tug his hair harder, causing him to groan out in pain.

"I said, does. It. Hurt." I repeat every word, twisting his arm with my right hand. "Yes! Let me go!" He shouts out in pain, but I just keep pulling his hair.

"Did you let me go when I told you to?" I raise a question, he calls out in pain and shakes his head. "So tell me," I start, pulling his hair even harder.

"Why should I let go of you?" I smirk. A hand on my shoulder stops me and I turn around to meet Kayla's worried expression.

"We have to go, your arm." I look over at my right arm that was covered with the print of his fingernails, blood slowly gushing out of them.

I sigh and keep my calm, then I yank his head back making him fall on the ground. "Rot in fucking hell." I cuss before Kayla pulls me away hastily.

We're practically running towards my house now. Eventually, we arrived and I pulled out my house keys and open the door. We silently enter the house making sure to not be noticed.

I slowly and carefully remove the jacket I was wearing, groaning at the stinging irritation when it touches the wound. Kayla looks at me with worried eyes and I just smile at her.

"What are you two doing?" A scream nearly left my lips when a low voice speaks from behind us. Me and Kayla share a look together, fuck.

I'm fucked.

We rapidly turn around hiding my wounded arm behind my back. Silas narrows his eyes while I don't want to make any eye contact with him.

Avoid him.

"Shouldn't you be home by now?" Kayla questions and he shakes his head still looking at me.

"It's not my place to tell him - but for your own good... Explain to him what happened," Kayla whispers in my ear before heading towards the living room.

I stare at the wall beside me trying my best to hide my arm.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" Silas queries and I clear my throat, "I'm tired, I'll be gone now." I was about to head to the stairs until Silas firmly but yet carefully grabbed my left arm.

He pulls me towards him and I feel my heart skip a beat - I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest.

I stare at the ground - I won't look at him.

I can't look at him.

"Don't ignore me," His tone was low, the warmth of his body radiating on me. "Did I do something wrong?" He asks again and I sense myself starting to feel bad for him.

"No, it's nothing. I'm just tired." I say, keeping it simple and short. His hand abruptly grabs my chin gently and rotates my head to look at him.

Shit.

My green eyes meet his brown ones and I internally curse myself for looking at him, "What's wrong?" His eyes frown and I keep quiet.

His eyes turn dangerous in a matter of seconds. His eyes only radiated anger. "Why are you hiding your arm." He talks not even glancing at my arm.

I frown, "I'm not hiding my arm?" His tongue rolled against the inside of his cheek as he pulls my right arm towards him. His mood instantly changes when he sees the wounds on my arm.

He examines it carefully and his eyes snap towards mine, "Who did this." He snaps, it wasn't even a question.

"No one, I fell-" I attempted to come up with a lie.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Maeve." This time he uses my name and it makes me feel strange. I guess that I'm just used to being called amore.

"Who. Did. This." He pronounces every word, staring back at my eyes. I shift my eyes towards the ground again. "Ethan..." I mumble, hoping that maybe he didn't hear it.

"Was he the person behind the cut on your hand?" He asks and I slowly nod, afraid that he might get pissed off even more.

He runs his hand down his jaw sighing. He grabs his phone and dials a number, holding it next to his ear.

"Mason, come over to the Nystrom house. Now." He ends the call, "Where is he." I stare at him in confusion. "Silas-." I warn but he cuts me off.

"It wasn't a question, Maeve. Tell me." He demanded and I told him the location where I last saw him. He nods and leaves out of the front door saying nothing else.

I stroll near the living room seeing Kayla sit there with her legs bouncing up and down because of the nerves. She sees me and gets up.

"And?" She asks.

I sigh, "He's going to kill him."

ϟ Silas ϟ

I'm going to fuckin' kill him.

I called Mason twice to come to the Nystrom house because he could treat Maeve's wounds. I breathe through my nose as I walk towards the location Maeve told me to go to.

The anger doesn't ease up a bit. Instead, it grows even more and more each time.

I walk through the big trees searching for the cabin that Maeve described to me. Once I got the cabin in my sight, my fist balled together as I see Ethan sitting on the leaf-covered ground.

I don't say a word to him, instead I pull him by his collar so that he faces me. He swallows hard, blinking at me. "What are you-," He doesn't get to finish his sentence before my fist collided with his jaw.

He holds his jaw, groaning as his nose began bleeding, "What is your problem?!" He calls out in anger. "What is my problem?" I chuckle leaving him confused.

I step closer staring daggers at him, "I'm not the one hurting a woman," He blinks, not knowing what to say.

And with that my fist collides with his face again - and again.

"What the fuck did she do to you, huh?" I spat, beating him up after every word I speak. "You sick motherfucker." I keep punching him until he's at the edge of passing out.

I grab his chin harshly, surely leaving a mark, "I swear, if you're going to pass out I will punch you until you wake up again,"

Then I grab my phone out of my pockets and text Maeve.

Me: Come to the cabin.

︎☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

Silas called Mason over to my house, he's just being dramatic.

Mason instantly knocked on the door and when I opened it he barged in carrying a whole medical box in his hands. My eyes expanded as he seated me in the living room.

He analyses my right arm and opens his box. Then he cleans the cuts and the blood, "This is not necessary, it's really nothing." I say looking up at Mason who was cleaning my wounds.

"Nothing?" He scoffs, "First of all that dickhead assaulted you, second of all these wounds could get infected if not taken care of properly." I sigh, he's right.

But Silas is still a little dramatic.

"Where's Silas?" I ask him and a smirk shows on his face. "He's taking care of some business."

I frown, raising another question. "Business as in - Ethan?"

He tilts his head to look at me but says nothing, only a small smile was plastered on his face.

I heave a sigh, watching as Mason applies some ointment on the wounds while they begin to sting like a motherfucker.

Then he covers the wounds, closing the medical box again.

"Thank you," I smile and he smiles at me back, "No need to thank me, we're friends." He chuckles.

I say goodbye to him and thank him once again before grabbing my phone as I heard a ding.

Silas: Come to the cabin.

I examine the text over and over again in confusion as my eyes expanded. I swear this man is crazy.

I have no other option but to just go. So I open the front door and walk towards the cabin in the cold.

I shiver when I enter the place that was covered with trees. I walk further searching for any sign of a cabin. I see the cabin from a distance and walk towards it.

I completely froze at the sight in front of me, Silas was leaning against the cabin while Ethan lays on the ground. His face was covered with blood and his eyes were swollen. I glance at Silas' knuckles who were also covered with the red liquid.

"You're here," Silas smirks as he steps next to Ethan. He grabs Ethan by his collar making him sit on his knees.

Silas yanks Ethan's hair so that he was looking at me, "You know what to do," I frown not understanding what he meant. I just freeze in my place seeing the terrible scene play out in front of me.

Ethan does deserve it.

Ethan exhales, tears pouring out of his eyes. Silas glances at my right-covered arm making him yank Ethan's hair back.

"I'm so sorry, Maeve." Ethan cries out, only for Silas to yank his hair even harder.

"Beg like your fucking life depends on it," Silas snaps as Ethan cries out again. "I'm sorry, Maeve. I'm so fucking sorry, you don't have to forgive me, just know that I'm sorry. You'll never see me after today." He cries and I stand there in complete shock.

"Touch her again and I'll fucking kill you," Silas whispers into his ear before punching Ethan again, pushing him on the floor.

"Non è più tua, [She's not yours anymore,]" He whispered.

Silas steps away from him and grabs my left hand, walking away from the unpleasant scene.

We exit the forest and walk back to my house. I've been ignoring him the whole time, walking in front of him.

"Maeve," Silas calls for me but I hasten my pace.

Once we arrived at the house, I open it and enter while Silas closes the door.

I look around the house, no traces of my brothers or Kayla. I have no clue where they are. I walk into the kitchen searching for some stuff.

I open the kitchen cupboard and reach for a cloth. I close the cupboard again and soak the cloth in water before walking over to Silas. I stand in front of him and hold out my hand in a give-me-your-hand way.

He raises his eyebrows and I roll my eyes still avoiding making eye contact with him.

He gives me his hands and I clean them with the wet cloth. I feel his heavy stare piercing through me.

What if-

No, like I said he hates me.

I keep cleaning his hands as he keeps staring at me.

"Why are you ignoring me today?" He unexpectedly asks and I frown, keeping my eyes on his hands. "I'm not ignoring you." I lie, "I am talking to you right now?" He sighs pulling his hands away.

I exhale loudly and put the cloth away, keeping my distance from him, "Did I scare you?" He raises a question and I replay the memory of him and Ethan in my head.

Fuck no, he got what he deserved.

"No. Of course, you didn't," I reassure him, fiddling with my ring. "I hate it when you don't look at me." He confesses and I start to frown.

What is his problem?

One time he's acting like he hates me and the other he's being like this.

"Look at me," He demanded and I ignore him, staring at the ground. "Don't make me say it twice."

I smirk, "What if I want you to say it twice?"

I see him stepping closer from the corner of my eye, I keep standing in my place, looking everywhere but him. He gently grabs my chin as he did earlier and rotates my head to look at him with his tattooed right hand.

His dark brown eyes.

His tattoos.

His hands.

Fuck.

I stare back at his brown-coloured eyes that light up a bit due to the shining lights beaming in his face. I soon feel this bubbly feeling in my stomach.

One I've never had with Ethan.

"You lied to me, remember?" He tilts his head, a smirk plastered across his face. "What?" I responded in confusion. "You lied to me about the cut on your hand." He smirks, explaining it.

I remember what he told me the day Ethan and I broke up with each other.

He steps closer, our noses barely touching, "So - what exactly should I do with you?"

My heart was now already beating like I had just run a whole race. I try to slow down my breathing but it doesn't help.

His eyes flicker towards my lips like earlier today.

He's not thinking about-...

I inhale finding the courage to speak up, "Why are you looking at my lips?" I feel a smirk starting to grow on my face.

"They look soft." He only says, chuckling.

"They are. Want to try?" I say confidently, it was like I had no control over my brain anymore.

Who the fuck is this bitch.

I might call Mason because perhaps Silas rubbed his sickness off on me.

His smirk only grows bigger and his right hand pulls a strand of my hair behind my ear, "Sei così bella,[You're so beautiful,]" His eyes travel over my body.

I don't know what he said but it was hot.

No-,

Yes.

I get back to reality and raise my eyebrows, "Don't you like - hate me?" I ask making him chuckle once more.

"I hate the way you're making me feel," He breathes, "How could I ever hate you?"

He doesn't mean it like that right.

His hand goes from my hair to my waist slowly and I keep eye contact with him. "You're messing with my fucking head, amore." He whispers softly as I smile hearing him call me that again.

"Really? Good to hear," I smile innocently, teasing him.

His thumb slowly rubs circles on my hip and I feel myself getting hotter. What the hell am I doing?

His eyes dart from my eyes to my lips again and his head moves closer, we're basically breathing the same air right now.

Our forehead touch, leaving a little space between our lips.

A smirk makes its way on his lips, "I want to kiss you,"

Fuck it.

I move my head an inch closer, closing my eyes.

And then our lips meet.

My stomach instantly swirls and my feet begin to quiver. His tattooed hand pulls me closer by my waist as my left hand made its way towards the back of Silas' head, pulling him closer.

His lips were as soft as a pillow and as warm as the sun.

Not exactly like the sun, that would be too hot.

His hand was still rubbing circles on my hip, it felt like fireworks - the sparks radiating off of us.

Like everything in the world just stopped for a moment.

It was just us two.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sooooo... HELLO, MY LOVES <3

KISS SCENE, I'M SO HAPPY. WORD COUNT IS 4148!!

How are all you doing? Have you eaten? Did you drink? Please do if you didn't, my dm's are always open to talk!!

What did we think about this chapter ;)

- Your author, Sabrina A.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754K 14.7K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
1.6M 52.5K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
71.3K 1.4K 53
Kirill's past would come back full force and as his new bride, Mia is about to stumble upon his dark world and the immense pull it has on her. Kirill...
543K 10.6K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...