Harry Styles Meeting Series (...

By harrieshome94

This is the first part of my hopefully forthcoming book series because I want to write a book series about Ha... More

The date - 2
Meeting his family - 3
The anniversary - 4
Difficult and hard day - 5
Thoughts and distraction - 6
Talking about the future - 7

First meeting - 1

187 4 2
By harrieshome94

"Hailey, if you don't hurry, we'll be late for this party." You snorted as you picked up your purse from the kitchen table." I'm coming, I'm coming," she murmured.

Hailey had insisted that you come with her to a birthday party for a friend she's known for a few years. She had been begging and begging for months for you to be her date for this birthday party, but something deep inside you felt like she was going to pull something together." Hailey, you know I don't want to do this. I feel like you're tricking me and I just don't know if I'm ready," you said, smoothing out the creases in your dress.

"This is not a staging, dear. But it wouldn't hurt you to go out and socialize a bit." She smiled. "Look, it's been a year and a half since Alex left you for that bastard, don't you think you're tired of lying up at night crying over his lame ass? You must do this Y/n. It would be good for you." I know," you whined. "I'm just nervous. I have never met any of these people. I'm not from here, remember?"

Hailey smiled and shook her head. "You'll be fine. Just stay with me and just have fun."You and Hailey walked out of your apartment and down a few blocks to where the party was taking place. As you approached the house you could hear the music playing inside and people laughing as the party raged on.

Hailey held onto you tightly as you both pushed your way through the crowd and toward the kitchen."Hailey! Darling, it's so nice to see you, my love!"

"Is that Nick Grimshaw? The birthday child?" 

"In the flesh. How are you dear?" he asked, leaning down and kissing Hailey on her cheek."I'm fine, thanks. Nick, this is my friend Y/N." She smiled and pulled you forward and out from behind her.

"Oh, aren't you beautiful! I am nick It's a pleasure to meet you, dear." He smiled."Nice to meet you too," you murmur."Let me fix you a drink. I'll be right back." Nick smiled. "I'll just come with you! We have to catch up anyway!" Hailey interjected."Hailey," you panicked. "What happened to our staying together?"

"Just sit there on the couch. I'll just be in the kitchen. We'll be back." she assured you. You nodded and clutched your purse tightly as you made your way to the empty couch in the corner. As you sat down and placed your purse by your feet, you pulled out your phone and started scrolling through your social media to avoid awkward looks your way.

"Sitting all alone at a birthday party isn't what you would normally spend an evening," chuckled a voice. The voice was deep and the accent that went with it made one shiver slightly. When you looked up to meet the man behind the voice, you were met with a tall, slender figure, a kind and warm smile, and emerald green eyes that were mesmerizing. He was wearing black skinny jeans, brown boots on his feet, a black t-shirt and his hair were just below his shoulders.

"I- uh-" you stuttered. You were looking around the room, looking for Hailey, hoping she was on her way back to you." May I sit?" he asked, his eyes darting to the seat next to you. Your eyes widened and you nodded slowly. The man smiled at you again and sat down next to you.

"I'm Harry, by the way. I'm sorry if I scared you." He laughed."You, uh," you clear your throat and sit up off the sofa, "you didn't scare me, you just caught me off guard. Oh, and I'm Y/N." Y/n. That's a nice name," he grinned. This is where his dimples come into their own."Thank you," you smiled as you bowed your head and tried to hide your flushed cheeks."Who did you come with?" Harry asked.

"I'm here with Hailey Jones. She's friends with... Nick? I guess that's his name."

"Grimshaw? Oh yes, I know her. I'm friends with Nick too, he sort of introduced us. Small world I guess." He chuckled. Remember how you used to feel like this was a trap? Yes, you were right A little bit of anger built up in your stomach. You wanted to be mad at Hailey for doing this to you, but every time you caught the man with the chocolate curls and emerald eyes looking at you, you couldn't be so mad.

"Oh look! I see you met Harry! How are you, Harold?" Hailey's voice brightened as she and Nick walked over to you."Hello, Hailey. Y/n and I were just talking about how we knew you and how she met Grimmy moments ago." Harry smiled and shifted his attention from above to you."I brought you some punch," Hailey smiled, handing you the plastic cup of pink juice. You smiled back, took the cup and put it on the table next to the sofa.

"Would you, um, would you like to dance?" Harry mumbled to you. He could tell you were tense and a little upset by everything going on around you. They smiled and nodded as he got up from the sofa and reached out his hand to help you up. Harry held your hand as he led you to the centre of the room.

Harry started moving his head to the beat of the music, making funny faces at you. You tried not to laugh because you just met him, but there was something about his charm that made you feel a little warm inside.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself, Y/N." He grinned."There's, uh, not much that's interesting about me, if I have to say."You're not from here, are you? Your accent is a bit different."Yes, I-"

"Irish? I figured that out myself," he grinned, nudging you. "Do you have any hobbies that interest you? Things you enjoy doing?" Well, I like to paint occasionally. Hailey and I share an apartment and I have my small workspace. Oh! I also like to read." you gushed.

Harry kept your eyes the whole time you were talking. You could tell he was listening intently to everything you said. Interested or not, he still gave you his attention. He would ask you questions and laugh at the childhood stories you would remember."What about you? Anything interesting about you?"

Harry cleared his throat, eyebrows furrowed as he considered what to say."I write music and I'm in a band. Nothing special." He shrugged."What do you think? That sounds fantastic!" you were amazed. Harry giggled and shook his head.

"I think so, yes. We've been together for four years now."A question arose in your mind. You debated internally whether you ever wanted to ask or not." Is this band... popular?" you asked hesitantly. Harry grinned and nodded his head gently. "We travel a lot and perform in all these areas all over the world. It is wonderful."How many albums?"

"Four. That's why we're going on tour right away."Well, that sounds exciting if you ask me. Thanks for making me feel boring." You laughed. You and Harry continued to talk more about themselves and get to know each other better. There were drinks and laughs as you got more comfortable. Harry told you some of his cheesy jokes and about where he grew up. He told you about his job as a teenager in a bakery. You started to be glad you came to the party.

...

"Thank you for inviting us, Nick," Hailey smiled as they both walked out the door. Nick and Harry followed you both outside to continue saying goodbye." I'm so glad you came! And I'm glad you brought Y/n. She seemed to be having a lot of fun." he grinned, waggling his eyebrows. You shake your head and smile.

"Happy birthday, Nick. It was a pleasure meeting you." You smiled warmly. Your eyes darted behind him to Harry. His hair was now in a bun, keeping his curls out of his face. Harry grinned at you as he caught your eye. He stepped towards you while Nick and Hailey finished their conversation.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n," Harry whispered, smiling warmly at you."You too, Harry." You smiled."Maybe we can, uh," Harry cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "maybe we could meet again?" Sure," you smiled, "I would like to."

"Would you try to meet at the coffee shop on 6th Street? Maybe Tuesday around 6 p.m.?"Your cheeks grew warm and you could see yourself blushing." S-sure I'd like that," you whispered, trying not to appear as dizzy as you were on the inside."So it's a date then?" It's a date," you confirmed."Before I forget, could I have your number?" Harry asked. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to you. You gave him yours and exchanged numbers."I'll text you if that's okay?"Sounds great," you smile.

"Okay you two, enough drooling over there," Nick teased. Harry chuckled while keeping his eyes on you, his hand resting on your elbow. Your screen lit up and so did your face. It was a text from Harry. Harry: Hello dear, this is Harry :) I enjoyed my night with you. I can't wait to see you again.

...

An awkward sequel follows. I don't want to keep you in suspense for long about how this will continue. That's why you'll get the next chapter right away. I think I'll write you all a note to let you know. What I can tell you, however, is that it won't be long. I may upload every 2 days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 30 44
A Harry Styles FanFiction <3 First one so read my others, they will probably be better. LMAO
15.3K 342 44
*COMPLETED* *UNDER MAJOR EDITING* *EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION* Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ma6Obs8Cqo I didn't think that som...
4.6M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
310K 7.7K 74
you meet harry in an unlikely way. you go from fan girl to performer? here's ur story :) lmao i told u guys in the first chapter it won't be that lon...