Follow Me

By Gryffinclaw2299

UNDER CONSTRUCTION (Edits are happening but main story is all done. it will be different when I'm through wit... More

1. Your Shadow
2. Grilled Cheese From Strangers
3. Aftertaste
4. Quirkless?
5. Me or the Damn Cat
6. Where Are You?
7. Villains Take What They Want
8. Problematic
9. A New, But Familiar Acquaintance
10. Sleepover
11. While the Rhythm of the Rain Keeps Time
12. Dreams
13. Shoto Todoroki Blew Up the Stadium, But at What Cost
14. The Way of a House Husband
15. The Only Photograph
16. Perfect
17. Green-Haired Boy
18. Shoto, Incognito
19. Collision
20. How to Fake a Kidnapping
21. Unanswered Questions
22. Conflicted Minds and Sleepless Mornings
23. Restful Day
24. Unwelcome Home
25. Don't Take My Hand
26. Snowy Memories
27. All Yours
28. Maybe This Was a Good Idea
29. Your Disappearance
30. Seriously, What's Up with the Plague Masks?
31. Hari's Death Glare
33. Hanging by a Thread
34. You're Probably a Wanted Criminal Now
35. Tomura Makes a Sandwich
36. Pancakes
37. Shared Memories
38. A Crack in the Glass
39. Click Here to Find Out What Happens Next
40. Shoto, Eating Lunch
41. With Friends
42. Feathers and Margaritas
43. Maybe the Last Time
44. Shoto in the Ceiling
45. Shoto Sips the Tea
46. Family Matters
47. Frost
48. First Dates and Icy Roses
49. Three Pairs of Shorts
50. I Want You Back
51. Shirakumo Wants Some Damn Ramen, Give it to Him
52. Shirakumo Gets his Ramen... Finally
53. If Only You Were Here
54. RIP Emotions
55. Video Games Can't Fix This
56. Farewell, Y/N
57. Second to Last
58. Follow Me
Author's Note, pls read :)
My Turn: Dabi Ending
Authors note: New MHA fic
59. Six Years Without You
EDITS and smut?(IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY PLS READ)

32. Nightmares or Reality

4.9K 181 67
By Gryffinclaw2299

"Here, read this."

"A book on pressure points?" You took the small but thick book that Hari offered you.

"It would be a useful thing for you to learn. Technique rather than brute force will be more helpful to you in close combat fighting."

You flipped through the book eagerly. Detailed illustrations and diagrams of the human body were littered through the small book. Anatomy had never been one of your interests, but if it helped you fight, why not study it? Something bothered you however, why were these people helping you learn all these things when you could turn on them in an instant? You looked up at Hari questioningly. If you were going to ask anyone about this, he'd be the one most likely to answer you truthfully. 

"Hari?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you teaching me all these things?"

"Currently that's my job."

"I know but still...." You hesitated to say what you were really thinking. After all you were going to flee from this place as soon as you could. 

"What brought this on?" Hari leaned against your doorway. He was listening, something he didn't usually do.

You fiddled with the book awkwardly. It was risky, but you wanted to know. "What if I double crossed you? Wouldn't all this training you're doing with me... Couldn't that be used against you?"

Hari sighed like he had already been thinking about this. "Well, we want you to join us but if you betray us? Remember that we can always put a bullet in your brain if that's the case. As Overhaul said, you're of use dead or alive."

You gulped and remained silent. This had not been a good idea. Hari sighed like he had never been so exhausted. 

"I'd rather not be the one to kill you." His expression was unreadable. "Don't be a waste of my effort."

You nodded. A hand landed on your head and gave you a soft pat. You nearly jumped out of your skin at the unexpected affection. It was hard to meet his eyes when he relinquished the small touch. You could imagine the ghost of a smile on his face but you didn't have the courage to look up at him. 

"Study up okay?" Hari walked through the door and locked it behind him.

Muffling an internal scream you scurried off to get cleaned up. After changing out of your sweaty training clothes into a comfortable pair of shorts and a tee shirt, you flopped back on your uncomfortable bed and reopened the book. You read through the introduction quickly and moved onto the first chapter. It wasn't easy reading. Whenever a pressure point was mentioned you traced the spot on your own body with a finger. Studying filled up your late hours. Before you knew it, it was already midnight. Having no windows in your room really messed with your head. The digital clock that blinked 12:15 made you realize how tired you really were. You placed the book on the table, flipped off the lights, and dove under the covers.

It was dark, but a comforting darkness. Warmth seeped through you as you felt a pair of arms drew you close under the heavy covers. Scarred lips kissed your temple.

"It's been too long." Tomura mumbled into your hair.

You wanted to respond but your mouth couldn't form the words you wanted to say. Instead you huddled closer to him.

"What did you do while I was away?" He asked calmly while his hands gripped your sides, fingernails digging into your skin. "I asked you a question."

Nothing... is what you wanted to say. But your voice was muffled. His weight moved on top of you, pinning you to the mattress.

"You told me you'd wait. Was that all a lie?" He hissed into your ear. Hands closed around your neck and for the first time you wished his deadly touch worked on you. He squeezed harder and harder, restricting your breath until you were gasping for air.

"You made me do this." His voice was venomous. It was dark... so dark. Except for two blood red eyes.

You shot up in bed gasping for air and heard a child's cries of anguish. The cries of Overhaul's other test subject faded into the distance. Breathing hard, you tried to calm your mind. Concentrating on slowly breathing in and out slowly eased your panic. That child you heard, you hadn't been allowed to see her, or even know her name. If you got out of here you wondered if you could possibly get her out too. This was no place for a child. Overhaul's many shady deeds were not unacceptable to you. However, the abuse of a small child? It was out of the question.

Despite your pounding heart you felt your exhausted body pulling you back to sleep. The child's wails were unintelligible now. There was nothing you could do but sleep. Soon your thoughts floated into oblivion, completely forgetting the nightmare you had just awoken from.

According to the digital clock, it was morning when you woke up to scuffling and yelling outside your door. What little precious sleep you had gotten was not enough, especially at this hour of the morning. You heaved yourself to your feet, fully intending on yelling unsavory names at whoever had woken you. But when you listened at the door you stopped in your tracks. Two unmistakable voices could be heard outside your room.

"We need to see her." and "Part of the deal." were clearly heard.

"I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU! Hey, we don't want any trouble"

"Twice?" You called out.

"Y/N!" Toga and Twice yelled in unison. "Let us in!"

There was a fumbling of keys at the door and it swung open. Toga and Twice tumbled into the room and you were immediately drowned in hugs.

"We were so worried! I COULDN'T CARE LESS." Twice cried, eyes tearing up from under his mask.

"Tomura said you were in really bad shape when he saw you." Toga squeezed you tighter, making you groan from pressure on your many bruises. "Ah sorry! Are you okay?"

"Better now that you're here." You hugged both of them and smiled tearfully.

"We'll get you out of here as soon as possible." Toga whispered to you. You nodded in response and gave a sad smile.

A commotion outside drew everyone's attention. It sounded as if a battle had broken out several floors above. Yelling could be heard clearly even through the layers of concrete.

"Guys? What's that?" You asked, wide eyed.

"We've got company." Hari rushed in through the door. "Y/n, come with me."

"But what about..."

"We don't have time, don't ask questions." He straightened his mask and turned to your two villainous friends. "You two know what to do so get going."

"TIME TO BUST SOME HEADS! We won't leave y/n here!" Twice protested.

"Yeah, she should stay with us." Toga put an arm around your neck protectively.

"Do as you're told. Y/n come on, if there's anything you need then take it now." You looked around, there wasn't much in the room but your eyes landed on the book. Hurriedly you snatched it up and stuffed it into your pocket. Hari grabbed your wrist and dragged you into the hallway a bit too roughly.

"Y/n! We'll find you!" Toga called out to you before you turned a corner and your friends disappeared from sight.

It was time, the perfect time to escape. The commotion upstairs would distract everyone and you could get away. If only you could get away from Hari, you'd be free. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Just a short chapter this week. Thanks for all the love on this book! You readers are the best!

Just gonna do a shameless plug here. If you wanna support my work you can do that at my Ko-Fi account. A lot of my artworks are on there if you wanna check that out too.

https://ko-fi.com/dominiqueshafferart

Also, a random thing, if you wanna know what music I listen to while I write this story, I have a Spotify playlist. This story is inspired a lot by music so I'm always adding to it and stuff. If this book reminds you of any songs then let me know! I might add it to the playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/62RBlWG78NDNXvFcPAJ0uB?si=3d00310a8c8b44d4

IDK id links work in chapters so both of these links will also be in my bio on my account page. Anyway, thank you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

903K 55.3K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
21.3K 546 39
The next God of Villainy wants her by his side. A battle of mind and morals as she succumbs to Tomura's world. Japan was shocked when the daughter of...
115K 3.9K 31
In the war of Marineford, the Heart Pirates found an unconscious woman with heavy injuries, and a rare Devil Fruit yet to be awakened ENDED: 2023. 08...
414K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...