payback. markhyuck

By MARKSOI

markhyuck ┅ donghyuck will do anything to pay mark back. ❝be my secretary then...❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 1.29.23 ma... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
end.

five.

3.3K 180 68
By MARKSOI

after checking the ceo's schedule, haechan did nothing but stare at the huge computer screen in front of him. to be honest, this whole hour he only sat on his surprisingly comfy chair—that the ceo provided him—and observe the surroundings and the people around him.

on his desk, he saw a telephone which he knows that's where the ceo calls him if he needs help, and for other calls that he will receive.

he also realized that the superior's office wasn't far away from his desk probably just a few steps away from him, meaning he can sneakily look at him in his office through the small window.

and he's going to admit it, he hasn't talked to anyone in this room, most likely because he was intimidated by everyone. he was obviously new to this lifestyle so no one can blame him for that.

"hey." doyoung whispered towards the taller male in front of him. he immediately caught johnny's attention resulting in him raising his brows, "can we talk to him?" asked doyoung, sneakily glancing at the tanned male beside them. ever since he saw him enter the room he immediately wanted to be close to him.

"i guess, yeah? why not?" johnny simply replied as both of them took sneaky glances towards the ceo's secretary.

just right before doyoung can travel his way towards him a voice stopped them, "you might scare him." sungchan suddenly jokes, causing the two to playfully roll their eyes.

"oh come on, i'm just going to introduce myself." doyoung told before springing himself up from his seat and making his way in front of the secretary's table.

the older saw him playing with a pencil while he has his chin resting on his palms, he seems bored doyoung thought to himself.

"h-hi..." doyoung started extending his arms towards him, which made the male in front of him to raise his head and immediately stood up from his seat. "i'm doyoung." he smiled.

donghyuck immediately extended his arms too and shook hands with him before bowing, "i'm donghyuck!" the younger introduced himself with a smile as if the ceo didn't just shout his name in the room earlier.

this made doyoung release a chuckle. he's cute, and looks innocent, doyoung thought to himself. his first impression towards the younger was far away from this. donghyuck's aura seems cold and intimidating at the first glance so this was unexpected for the older male.

just then, footsteps were heard that made donghyuck and doyoung avert their attention around. they saw two tall males walking in their direction.

"i'm johnny." the taller introduce, extending his arms out for the younger to shake hands with, "even though mark already brought up my name in front of you many times, i'll still introduce myself." he added, trying to light the awkward mood that is building up around them.

donghyuck now made eye contact with another tall male on his right and this time he's the one who extended his arms first. but before donghyuck can even speak, "oh! and i'm sungchan." the taller immediately shook hands with him.

he may or may not have been staring at the pretty features and the beautiful tanned skin of the male in front of him-too immersed in his beauty.

"ah right! mr. lee told us to guide you since we know you're new here. do you want to walk around so maybe you can be familiar around the office?" doyoung suggest.

the younger immediately nodded his head and replied, "i actually haven't seen a lot in this office, so sure! i would love that."

"great! so, let's go?" doyoung asked. donghyuck grabbed his phone first, placing it inside his pockets before nodding.

the two tall males led the way, doyoung and donghyuck followed behind them.

the three took the male out of the office and led towards a hallway, where doors that lead to spacious rooms can be seen. "right here." johnny pointed at his left side, "this is the printing room." donghyuck peeked at the small skinny window and saw big printers inside and piles of clean paper.

walking more, doyoung now pointed at his right, "and over here is the meeting room, it's one of the largest rooms here in this floor." donghyuck nodded, he saw a large table and chairs inside. a large chandelier illuminating the whole room also caught his attention.

a few steps away from that is another room, "this is the lounge area." sungchan noted, pointing at the room not away from the previous one, "you can rest here, grab some coffee, although sometimes mr. lee holds his small meetings here with just a few people because he doesn't want to meet them in his own office."

donghyuck's mouth formed an 'o' after hearing sungchan's last statement, "really?" the taller noded, opening the door a bit for donghyuck to peek inside. "why is that?" he innocently asked, causing for the three to chuckle.

"mr. lee is pretty strict when it comes to guests, so that's why." doyoung answered.

the rooms are huge, that's the only thing that donghyuck thought while the three showed him each rooms in this specific floor. he feels like he can get lost here. His

"anyway, those are the only rooms here on this floor—well except for our office and mr. lee's." johnny said as he continues to walk, "and speaking of, we are now in front of mr. lee's room."

donghyuck's brows immediately furrowed as he looked back on the path they just went through, "did we just go in a big circle?" he asked, dumbfounded.

the three released small laughs again and nods their head. "you can say that." doyoung replied, "this floor seems a bit confusing because of how big it is but you can easily familiarize yourself with it."

now making their way back to their office area, they noticed all of their colleagues are stood up from their place and seemed tense.

once the three got closer, doyoung immediately asked one of his colleagues to answer the confusion on his face, "what's happening here? why does everyone look tensed?" he asked, looking around their faces.

"oh, nothing bad happened," yuta chuckles, pulling doyoung beside him, "we just got told that mr. jeong is coming."

and right after that, footsteps were heard and an army of bodyguards was seen coming. once they glanced at the figure, all of them gave him a ninety-degree bow as he passes in front of them.

meanwhile, donghyuck on the other side remained standing while looking at everyone, confused. he made eye contact with the person that bodyguards were surrounding and he immediately earned a small smirk from him.

he remained eye contact with him until he got close to a specific door—mr. lee's office to be exact.

everyone finally got back to what they were doing. johnny and sungchan that is just standing beside him a few seconds ago, now went into their seats, so he decided to do the same. walking slowly to his seat as he looked around confused. what just happened? he asked himself.

"doyoung hyung?" donghyuck whispers at the older since he finds that he's the closest to him.

this immediately caught the latter's attention so he averts his attention towards the younger. he raised his brows before answering, "yes?"

"who is he?" he asked, looking like a lost kid.

doyoung released a small 'oh' when he realized he haven't introduced the person that just passed by them and probably just left the secretary hanging, "he's jeong jeno." he whispered back, "does that name ring a bell to you?" doyoung added.

"well 'jeong' is pretty familiar to me." he says, still confused.

the older hums as he nods his head, "yup, jeong jaehyun." doyoung informs and seems like donghyuck finally realized who he was, "and that person who just passed by our office earlier was his son."

the younger nodded at everything he said. so that explains the number of bodyguards around him and the ninety-degree bows they gave him.

he eyed the male that just went inside the ceo's office and squints his eyes. he saw him sitting comfortably on the couch just right in front of the superior, with his legs lying on top of the coffee table. he doesn't seem intimidated by the ceo, donghyuck thought to himself. and in fact, mark doesn't even looked bothered at all.

"they seem close." donghyuck blurts out his thoughts and of course, doyoung managed to hear this.

doyoung chuckled, when he noticed the secretary is peeking at whatever they're doing, "they've been friends since like forever, so that's why." he simply replied before going back to his work area.

donghyuck just shrugged. he got back to what he was doing, which is checking the ceo's schedule for the day, and also writing down the reminders that the three gave him earlier.

just then, the ring of the telephone beside him made him jump on his seat. this was his first time after all, so he still wasn't used to it.

grabbing the telephone, he immediately placed it on his ear, "yes, mr. lee? do you need anything?" he asked before mentally congratulating himself on how professional he sounded.

the small smile he gave to himself earlier instantly faded as he heard the superior's reply, "come into my office, now."

that's all the older said before ending the call.

with shaky hands, he placed the telephone down and got up from his seat, as he makes light steps out of the office.

------

opening the door, he immediately shoots mark his eye smile before making himself comfortable on the couch, "how's it going, ceo?" jeno teased. after hearing that mark had already taken the place as ceo in the lee company, he knew he had to see him, mostly because he wants to tease the older.

"if you're only here to tease me, please feel free to walk out of that door." mark said, not averting his eyes off the computer screen.

"damn cool your head a little, can't i just be here to congratulate my beloved friend!" jeno managed to say while holding his laughter.

mark rolled his eyes, still not paying attention to jeno in front of him. the younger immediately noticed this act, "gosh, i thought you would hate being a ceo, but i guess not." he comments, while eyeing the papers that is in front of mark. "still the same workaholic mark lee."

"it's not like i have a choice." mark bluntly said.

"ah right!" jeno shot himself up from his seat, sat on the seat closer on the ceo's desk, "i've heard the news. you have a secretary now?" jeno brings up.

mark fights the urge to smirk and only nods his head.

"how's she?" the younger continued to ask.

"you think it's a girl?"

jeno's mouth immediately formed into an 'o' finally coming into a realization, "oh how can i not guess that." jeno sighed to himself, acting disappointed, "so... how's he like?"

the older shrugged, "i don't know, it's his first day today." mark admitted.

"where's he?" jeno asked, averting his eyes outside mark's office, looking at the people working in the other area to see if he can manage to differentiate him.

"why would you want to know." the older suddenly said that made jeno look back at him.

"wanted to know if he can qualify as a secretary." the younger managed to reason out.

mark shook his head, "and by what? looking at his face?" he sarcastically says before reaching at his telephone to call a specific person. "come into my office, now."

jeno released a long 'oooh' while looking at the older with a grin, "bragging now, huh?" the younger said after he realized what mark had just done.

and within seconds, a knock was heard on the door. mark replied by saying, "come in." and the figure behind it did as what told.

donghyuck walks in and he immediately met eyes with jeno that's sitting in front of mark and gave him a ninety-degree bow that he failed to do earlier. of course, he didn't forget to do the same to the superior.

"donghyuck, can you make coffee for me?" the ceo orders and he instantly earned a nod from his secretary. he took a small glance at jeno in front of him to to make sure if he's looking at his secretary.

"yes, mr. lee." he says, shooting the older a small smile before disappearing from the office.

meanwhile, jeno already has a sly smirk painted on his lips right after eyeing the tanned male up and down. he leaned his back on the chair to look at his friend with a look, "pretty boy you got there, huh?" he asked in between his chuckles.

the older peeled his eyes off of jeno when he noticed the look jeno had on his eyes. oh, he knows that look too well, "my pretty boy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 778 21
𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆𝗷𝗲𝗻𝗼: i'm always open if you need someone to talk to. 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗮: what the? STARTED: august 5, 2022 ENDED: august 22, 2022 mi...
16.1K 1K 37
[UPDATES EVERY SUNDAY] In which Mark Lee is Haechan's new English teacher, but ends up being a lot more than that... for better of for worse. 🦁💚🐻 ...
12.8K 740 24
{A Markhyuck fanfiction} [In which Mark Lee is on a quest to save and protect his kingdom's prince of the throne, Lee Donghyuck.] [Started: June 6th...
66.3K 3.5K 14
[COMPLETED] donghyuck's way of telling mark what he felt was through writing on sticky notes. started: 19.05.2019 ended: 18.06.2019 written & publish...