Karma x Rio Oneshots [ENG/IND]

Por Yukiiro_Luna

[FIRST FEW CHAPS ARE ALL SO CRINGE-WORTHY SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK //Slaps my younger self] I'm not re... Más

A Guide Before Reading
Hated by Life Itself
Seandainya (IND)
Surprise?
Bermula Dari Kesalahpahaman
Deceiving and Teasing
Beresin dong!
It's Weekend! Part 1
Setangkai Bunga Untukmu
Café Avec Amour
Gak Peka
It's Weekend! Part 2
IMPORTANT
Menyusuri Kenangan Masa Lalu
Going Down Memory Lane
My Dear Beloved
Ghosts and Jumpscares (IND)
A Not-So-Lonely Birthday
When There's a Beginning, There's an End (A Thank You Note)
Dari Dulu Hingga Sekarang, Terima Kasih Ku Ucapkan
QnA Session!

Made with Love (From Me to You)

345 9 50
Por Yukiiro_Luna

BEFORE YOU READ!
This sounds kinda weird but I wanted to make a chill story without too deep of meaning for once.

Valentine is just around the corner. Shops are starting to put on Valentine-themed displays. Chocolate and gift stores are putting on sales to commemorate the event. Couples from his school are planning on dates, while the singles one are planning to confess to their crush or supporting their friend who is planning to confess to their crush. Ah, high-school life.

Up until now, Karma still doesn't get the hype for this 'Valentine's Day' but it doesn't bother him anyways so he paid no mind to it and let people do what they want. Karma had just gone home from a bit of grocery shopping. Eating the discount chocolate he bought, Karma thought about something, or should I say someone.

"Should I give chocolates too? But what kind of chocolates? Wait, is giving chocolate even a good idea in the first place?"

Karma shook his head at the thought. Maybe he shouldn't. Who knows what the said person's reaction will be later?

---------------------------

It's already late, however, Karma doesn't seem to show signs of sleeping. Being unable to sleep, Karma decided to chat a bit with one of his closest friends. As he was reaching out to the counter to grab his phone, Karma suddenly got an idea of what to do for Valentine's Day. Turning on his phone, Karma looks at the clock displayed on the lock screen before opening the messaging app.

She-Devil

Psst hey

Nakamura

Oi

You awake

"She's probably asleep," Karma thought as he place his phone back on the counter.

But not long after that, Karma heard a notification from his phone.

She-Devil

Well, I am now!

What do you want, Karma?

Idk if you're aware but it's like hmm...3 IN
THE MORNING?!

For you to disturb my beauty sleep, this

better be important

Okay chill out jeez

So I was thinking

Can you help me make chocolates for
Valentine?

...

That's it?

Yeah

Hello?

Nakamura?

Are you helping or not?

On the other side, a Nakamura Rio was frowning over the chat.

"This kid. He bothered me in these ungodly hours to help him with his little pranks?" Rio mumbled.

Rio shook her head in disbelief and continues to type.

Tomato-head

Hello?

Nakamura?

Are you helping or not?

For goodness sake, Karma

Why can't you wait till the sun is at its peak
to say this?

But fine I'll help you

What's in it for me though?

My deepest and most genuine gratitude

Never mind then

Ugh fine

I'll treat you to that new pizza parlor

Deal, now let me sleep

Fast for food as always

Alright, good night

Don't dream about me

Of course not

That would be a nightmare

Okay rude

As if you aren't??

Whatever

Good night

"What is he planning now I wonder," Rio thought

---------------------------

It is a beautiful Sunday morning. The morning breeze feels cool to the skin and the sun is not high up, a great day to just go sleep and do nothing other than mentally prepare yourself for school the next day. Well, not for Karma though. Today, just when he was sleeping, Rio stopped by at his house and dragged him out, saying they need to go shopping for ingredients.

"So... What exactly are we doing here early in the morning?" Karma asked.

"To get supplies. I don't have 'em at home," Rio replied.

"Can't you just do it yourself? I don't see any use of me being here."

"And let you sleep the whole morning in the comfort of your room while I work? Hec naw!" Rio retorts.

Karma groans and takes out his phone.

10 a.m it reads.

"How long does it even take to get chocolate materials? It shouldn't be too long, right?" Karma asked again with an exasperated sigh.

An irk mark appears on Rio, "For your information, I also make chocolates for my friends, which is why I can't just choose things randomly and put them in the mixer, hoping it'll taste good."

Karma feels attacked all of the sudden and decides to fight back, "You have friends?" Karma grins.

"Haha very funny Karma," Rio said sarcastically.

As the both of them strolled through the store, something caught Karma's eyes. It's a teddy bear, probably displayed for the upcoming event. But no, that's not what caught Karma's attention. It was actually the necklace that the bear is wearing.

(A/N: Something like this but the color is more 'gold' than 'yellow')

(A/N 2: Can WP resize the image given? It's too big smh)

"Karma?" Rio called out. She was already 2 racks ahead.

"Yeah, hang on a sec!" Karma yelled back but made sure it wasn't too loud to cause a scene.

Karma secretly took the bear (not to steal it, of course) and catches up with Rio.

"What held you up?" Rio asked as Karma stood beside her.

"Hm, nothing."

"Okay... As long as there's no funny business when we're making these chocolates," Rio sighed and continues her search for ingredients.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to the cashier first though, okay?" Karma told Rio.

"For what? We can just pay for everything together later."

"True, but this is a personal matter," Karma replied.

"Remember Karma, no funny business," Rio crossed her arms.

Hearing this, Karma noticed something, "You know Nakamura, judging by your actions, this chocolate-making thing seems very important to you that you want to make it seriously. Why is that?"

Rio was taken aback by his words, was she too obvious? Rio thought that Karma paid no mind as long as he got what he wants. Guess not this time.

"And why would you like to know that?" Rio grins.

"I asked first," Karma defended himself.

"Hah, fine. Like I said before, I'm also making chocolates for my friends. There, happy?"

"Not for a certain someone?"

"Maybe?" Rio replied playfully.

---------------------------

If Karma thinks shopping for the ingredients was a pain, then making chocolates is torture. Sure he can cook, even likes cooking at times, however making chocolates is a whole different thing. He's starting to regret this whole idea.

"No Karma, you're mixing it wrong. Here, like this," Rio took over the bowl and show Karma how it should be done.

"Apologies, Ma'am," Karma said, half dramatically.

He thought it wouldn't be this hard. Well, he is wrong, very wrong. In spite of that, at least he is doing it with someone he l̶o̶ is good friends with, which makes it more bearable. After making sure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, Rio grabbed two clean spoons and pass one to Karma. She gestures Karma to try out the chocolate a bit.

"I think this is enough. Any more than this would be too sweet," Rio tasted.

"Really? I think it's still quite bland."

"What? Do you have a sweet tooth or something?" Rio questioned.

"No, I don't. Something must be wrong with your tongue." Rio rolled her eyes at his comment.

Nevertheless, Rio added a bit more sugar and offered another spoon of chocolate, "There, better?"

"Still kinda bland, but it's better," Karma waved his spoon at Rio, resulting in bits of chocolate to stain Rio's shirt.

"Disgusting, so you want to fight?" Rio furrowed her brows.

Feeling challenged, Karma provoked "Come fight me then."

Rio immediately takes a good amount of flour and powders Karma's face with it. Like the swift person he is, Karma backs away and dodges all her attacks although some flour did manage to hit his face.

Noticing that Karma isn't attacking back, Rio mocks, "All you've been doing is dodging, y'know? Are you perhaps scared?"

"Oh, I don't know." Karma continues to dodge her attacks, not noticing the mess they are making.

"Why are you not fighting back? Hah, you coward."

As Rio was about to strike again, Karma gripped Rio's wrist, stopping her midway.

"It's just that... A gentleman never hurts his woman," Karma replied.

Rio froze at Karma's words. Karma then gently lets her go and grabs a napkin to wipe his face. Not hearing any response from Rio, Karma decided to check up on her. "Hey, Nakamura are yo-"

All of a sudden, Karma felt chocolate staining his face, "Wha-"

"Go away, shoo!" a blushing Rio said as if eradicating a demon.

"Wait what?" Karma is now confused by Rio's abrupt action.

Karma decided to rewind the scene of the fight. He tries to figure out what made Rio act like this. The fight was light-hearted and he is sure that Rio won't act like this just because of a petty fight she started. What on earth could make Rio be as flustered as that?

Karma then succeeds to connect the dots and felt a wave of embarrassment. Did he just call Rio his woman?

As he was just about to clarify his words, Karma noticed a certain bowl of chocolate mixture that is separated from the rest.

"Nakamura, that chocolate," Karma pointed to the bowl.

Rio's face heated up once more, "This one? It's... Honmei... Chocolate. Hey, what's with that look?!"

"Hmm, mine sharing some tea with me? I promise to seal my mouth about it," Karma teased.

"That doesn't sound reassuring," Rio said, forgetting their previous interaction.

"At least tell me what kind of person he is," Karma was practically begging at this point.

"Well... it's someone I've known for some time. He's a close friend of mine."

Not satisfied, Karma continues to look at Rio with a curious look. He doesn't even know why he's acting like this, but the fact that Rio has her eyes set on someone seems to bother him.

Knowing that Karma won't be satisfied with a brush of the news, Rio decided to spill a bit more, hoping that he doesn't take hints, but at the same time hoping he does.

"I'll only share this with you for now. Out of all the boys I crushed on, I've had the longest crush on him. I've known him since the first year of middle school, too bad we didn't communicate with each other back then."

Silence then engulf the room, Rio took this as a sign that Karma won't ask more.

"He looks like or maybe acts like a reckless idiot, but he's really amazing and inspiring to me," Rio said mindlessly.

"I'll put the chocolates in the freezer now and maybe get a change of clothing too. You can go start cleaning up," Rio shooed Karma and proceeds to put the two containers of homemade chocolates in the freezer.

Karma groaned at the thought of cleaning up the mess but compromised anyways. Being alone now, Karma gave a thought on how he's going to give the chocolates to its recipient. Most of the way people give chocolates isn't really his kind of approach. He'll surely die of embarrassment the next day and would never live it down.

After changing her clothes, Rio approaches a silent Karma and decided to surprise him a little. However, before she could say anything, Karma spoke up first.

"I know you're behind me, Nakamura," Karma said in a nonchalant tone.

"Yeah, yeah. You caught me," Rio raised up her hands in defeat and helps him clean up the mess they made from their little fight.

"Hey, Nakamura," Karma started.

"Hmm?" Rio replied with a nod, a sign she is listening.

"After school, tomorrow, do you want to hang out at the park?" Karma asked, suddenly feeling nervous, but managed to hide it.

"Oh, sure! I'm free tomorrow so why not? Might as well treat me to the pizza you promise me too though."

"Yeah, yeah, we'll stop by there first before going to the park," Karma sighed as Rio fist-bumped the air.

"Oh, by the way, about- Eh?" Rio stopped her sentence midway as she saw a chocolate stain on Karma's face.

"What is it?" Karma asked, wondering why she stopped.

"Um hold still."

"Huh?"

Rio gently wiped Karma's stained face with a clean cloth. Karma blushed a bit at the close proximity between them both. To Karma's relief, the blonde doesn't seem to notice.

"There, done!" Rio smiled.

"You know, I could've done it myself," 

"Sorry. You just looked so serious before so I had to," Rio chuckled.

"I was?" Karma questioned, more to himself rather than Rio.

"Yup. You're like a kid who is asking out his crush for the first time. Oh, I'm going to put these at the back first. You can just wait in the living room," Rio pointed at the cooking utensils and head out.

Karma stayed silent before mumbling, "What if I was?"

Little did he know, Rio managed to capture what he said and blushed madly after closing the door that separates the both of them. Rio then recalls Karma's comeback at the flour-fight and connects it with his reply just now.

"Is he for real?!"

---------------------------

As promised, Karma took Rio to the new pizza parlor. Saying that Rio was thrilled to try out the new pizza parlor would be an understatement. Karma was indeed impressed by the number of pizza slices she can take at one go. Much to Karma's dismay, his pocket money for the month is running thin because of this. He's going to have to last with cup ramens again.

It's been quite some time since the both of them go out together, just the two of them. Yes, they still hang out once in a while, however, most of the time it would be with the rest of their classmates. Not to mention with exams coming up, their time to go out together is used to study together instead.

"Ah, I'm stuffed! The pizza here is really good, we gotta go here again!" Rio exclaimed after finishing another slice of pizza.

"Sure. You're paying though," Karma replied.

"Ugh, what a pain," Rio pouted and continued, "Oh right, you wanted to go to the park, right?"

"Hm? Yeah. There's something I want to tell you," Karma said quietly.

"Judging by the atmosphere right now, it sounds important," Rio commented.

"Don't take my words too deep later." Karma stopped by at the swing and sat on it.

Rio followed Karma, taking a seat at the other swing beside him, "Alright. Before that, may I say something first? I really need to get this out of my chest."

"Be my guest," Karma offered.

"This is going to feel weird and all, but..."

"But...?"

"Uhh, you see..."

"Just spill it, Nakamura. There's no one else around here," Karma looked around.

'Well yeah but I'm nervous because of you,' Rio thought.

Rio handed the chocolate box that she prepared wholeheartedly to Karma.

"If you think it's Giri chocolate, then no, it's not," Rio clarified.

"So it's Honmei chocolate," Karma mumbled.

'Wait, Honmei chocolate?' Karma thought.

"This one? It's... Honmei... Chocolate. Hey, what's with that look?!"

"So the one you were describing this whole time..."

Rio laughed sheepishly and nodded.

Karma took the box from her hand, recollecting what Rio said when making it.

"Oh me? Well, it's someone I've known for some time. He's a close friend of mine."

"I'll only share this with you for now. Out of all the boys I crushed on, I've had the longest crush on him. I've known him since the first year of middle school, too bad we didn't communicate with each other back then." 

"He looks like or maybe acts like a reckless idiot, but he's really amazing and inspiring to me."

"So, that time, the one you've been talking about, was me?" Karma points at himself.

Rio nods in affirmation, flustered by the words she said yesterday.

"Did you... just call me an idiot?" Karma furrowed his eyebrows.

"Stop cherrypicking my words... idiot," Rio grins.

Karma flicked her forehead which was responded with a groan from Rio, "Hey, what was that for!"

"For making me feel like this," Karma said, clear enough for Rio to hear.

"What?" Rio blinked several times, making sure this is not another one of her weird dreams.

"Here. Happy Valentine's Day, Nakamura," Karma said, handing his box of chocolate and the bear he bought at the store with a smile.

Rio was taken aback by his actions. Taking the chocolate, Rio stared at it for a while.

"If you think it's Giri chocolate, then no, it's not," Karma added, reenacting Rio's words as he look the other way, not wanting to face Rio at the moment to see her reaction.

He really wants the ground to open up and swallow him whole right now. Never in his life had he felt this much embarrassment. After a long silence, he decided to take a peek. To his surprise,

"Aren't you supposed to wait for White Day to give me this?" Rio chuckled.

"Why later when I can give it now? It saves time," Karma excused.

Rio pouted, "Tch, you're not romantic, still that is to be expected."

"Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile," Karma rolled his eyes.

Rio laughed and shook her head, "You're no fun. Oh right, what did you want to say Karma? Sorry for cutting in when you're the one who wanted to say something."

"It doesn't matter, you pretty much did it for me."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Rio questioned.

"About White Day, if you really want, then, I guess I'll get you something," Karma scratched his neck, feeling the embarrassment coming back up.

"Really?!" Rio perked up.

"Yeah, anything you want?" Karma asked curiously, "Something that I can get or do of course," he added.

Rio pondered for a moment and replied, "Hm, then I want a proper confession!"

"What?"

"I want a proper confession from you, Karma Akabane," Rio pointed at Karma with a smug look.

Karma opened his mouth but then close it again, not being able to think of a reply. He sighed knowing it's useless to retort. He can't go back on his words now, can he?

"Fine," he replied shortly.

"I'll be waiting," Rio clapped her hand.

"Whatever you say, m'lady."

.

.

.

.

.

Omake

Years later...

"So? How is it?" Rio said after plopping a piece of chocolate to Karma's mouth.

"Mm.. Not bad," he said as he continues mixing a bowl of chocolate mixture.

Rio gave Karma an unsatisfied expression, "Not bad? That's it?"

"It's still quite bland. Could be a bit sweeter," Karma advises.

"Didn't know you had such a sweet tooth," Rio nods and adds a bit more sugar.

"I do not. It really is bland," Karma defended.

"Even after all these years, you still won't admit it," 

"Why are we doing this anyway?" Karma tries to change the topic.

"For the fun of it, of course," she replied in a sing-song voice, "Besides, doesn't this remind you of something."

"Oh? I can't seem to remember anything though. What is this 'something' you're referring to?" Karma pretends to think.

"Haha, very funny. Did age finally catch up to you?" Rio rolled her eyes and puts the container of her chocolate mixture aside.

"Maybe? Care to remind me then?" Karma smirked.

"Oh, I don't know. If you forget then I guess it isn't im-"

Suddenly, two kids approached the two adults, calling out to them.

"What are you making?" The little boy asked.

"Are you done yet?" The little girl followed.

"Not yet, but would you like to have a taste?" Rio crouched down to their height.

"Yes please!" They both said in unison.

Karma handed Rio a plate of the sample chocolates she finished earlier and plop it to their mouths.

"Here ya go! Is it good?" Rio questioned.

"Really sweet!"

"Kinda bland!"

"Eh?" The two kids look at each other with disagreeing expressions.

"What do you mean it's 'really sweet'? It's sweet, but it doesn't taste as sweet as the one we usually buy at stores!" The red-haired girl argued.

"Huh? But it really is!" The black-haired boy defended.

Karma and Rio took a glance at each other before looking back at the two siblings.

"Maybe we really do need to make two different kinds of chocolate," Rio sighed.

"I guess we do," Karma agreed and crouched down as well, "Hey, how 'bout you two help us, hm?"

"We can?!" Their eyes sparkled.

Rio looked at Karma in disbelief, "Karma..."

"Relax, it'll be fine. Besides, isn't it more fun doing it with someone you love," Karma reasoned.

"Ugh, fine. But you both better behave well or you won't get any chocolates at all, deal?"

"Deal!" The siblings said as they high-fived each other.

"Hah, you better take care of their mess later."

As he took a glace at Rio, Karma spotted a chocolate stain on her face. He smiled and grabbed a clean napkin to wipe it off her face, "Whatever you say, m'lady."

.

.

.

.

.

Author's Note

Happy late Valentine's Day everyone!
Did yall get chocos? Or maybe a lover? //Slap

I give my utmost thanks to scene master Kyrillia36
The ingredients/food fight scene was all thanks to her brilliant brain.

Anyhow, after looking at this story as a whole, it looks more like drabbles merged into one. This story is not what I thought it would be, but I hope you like it. I had fun writing it despite how cringe it may sound. Do share your thoughts in the comments.

Oh right, idt I will be posting again in a few months (Not that I'm not doing that already). I'll come back around Rio's birthday ehe

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

135K 2.2K 37
It's been three weeks since the Dragon war and Kaneki has to adjust to more then just fatherhood. He has to learn to manage PTSD and anxiety. (CONTA...
9.3K 77 16
Rani is now living in the Pridelands. Rani and Kiara are super happy that they can hang out. Rani and Kiara loved to fool around. Rani and Kiara made...
141K 931 19
Lemons about Fairy Tail, booyah!
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...