Two Sides to Every Love (Gene...

By Shadowlumi

Sequel to "Two Sides to Every Girl" It was almost the end of summer before Y/n's senior year, and she was hap... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1~ Relationships
Chapter 2~ Sudden Vacation
Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not
Chapter 4~ Kept Secret
Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame
Chapter 6~ Katelyn's Care
Chapter 7~ Heartbreak
Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck
Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup
Chapter 10~ Big News
Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?
Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.
Chapter 14~ Falling For You
Chapter 15~ Way Home
Chapter 16~ Fireworks
Chapter 17~ Start Anew
Chapter 18~ Oh No He Didn't!
Chapter 19~ Siblings
Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21~ Business Proposal
Chapter 22~ Worry About You
Chapter 23~ Healing
Chapter 24~ Smile
Chapter 25~ The End of All Things
Chapter 26~ Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 27~ Dear Diary
Chapter 28~ Our Spot
Chapter 29 🍋~ Greedy
Chapter 30~ Maid Café Shenanigans
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP
Side Story 2~ A "Little Bit" Drunk
Side Story 3~ Prom Night
Side Story 4~ New Year('s Eve), New Friend

Chapter 12~ The Prospect of Love

95 1 6
By Shadowlumi

Why did he hug me? I mean, friends can hug or whatever but like why wordlessly walk away like that?! It was weird. He was talking about feeling kinda lonely, too. Did...he need to feel a touch of a woman?! What if he wants...no! I'm overthinking. He was just being friendly. And weird. Friendly and weird. It definitely didn't make me feel happy or comforted, cause again, it was weird.

Everyone was eating lunch when I got back from my hang out with Gene, so I of course got stared at by everyone.

"And where have you been?" Dante questioned.

"Oh, y'know. Out," I replied.

Katelyn patted the chair to her left. "Out where?"

"Uh, Katelyn, you're the only one I actually told of my plans. Why are you asking...?" Perplexed, I sat next to her anyway.

"I don't remember that," she retorted.

"I...told you this morning? Cause you woke up cause of my alarm?"

"Oh. Well, you just said you'd be with Gene, not what you were doing."

Dante, who was across from me, gasped. "YOU WERE WITH GENE?!"

"Yeah...? Why are you so obsessed with him? And don't say cause he's your sibling, cause I got two and don't freak out about their lives."

"Well— it's just surprising, that's all! I didn't expect you two to hang out alone so soon after making up."

Garroth began to giggle. "Y/n and Gene alone, eh?"

"I just hung out with him at work; there was something that pertained to my interests."

"Like...seeing him work?" Aph teased.

I groaned. "No. I told myself I wouldn't say anything, but since you guys want to pester me so much..." I explained Gene's job and why I was with him today, which resulted in a rude awakening for me. No one has heard of Masami except two people, Lucinda and Kawaii~chan, who I've barely ever spoken to. I was expecting jealousy, but instead, everyone went back to talk about Gene, even Kawaii~chan. I guess shipping is a lot more fun than talking about a TALENTED ARTIST?!

"Kawaii~chan thinks it's super cute that Gene~kun invited Y/n~chan!"

"Hm. I knew that Gene missed you, and you missed—"

I cut Dante off. "Whatever we talked about on the ship stays on the ship."

"What happened on the ship?" Travis questioned.

I sighed. "Guys, I'm...gonna be honest about something. Talking about Gene and I as anything more than friends is stressful. I want to be in love, but I don't want to be forced into feeling a certain way." I met eyes with Dante. "I know you worry about him, but I can't be the one. We may be friends again, but that doesn't matter when he lives and works here."

"Sorry, Y/n. You're right, I guess I have been a little much..." Dante admitted.

"A little?" I mused. "Well, as long as everyone understands now... Anyways, I'm gonna take a nap. Waking up at 8:30 wasn't fun."

"How did you even make it through high school, Y/n?" Katelyn asked.

I shrugged. "The desire to meet society's expectations."

"Huh, but I thought sitting out of gym as often as you did would be against society?" Aaron questioned.

"Well, sometimes being terrified of buff, tall guys that hit you in the face with a dodgeball trumps everything else."

"It was one time!" Aaron retorted.

"Yeah, one time I'll never forget. Goodnight." I got out of my seat and headed up to my room. Despite the excitement of the day, I was able to quickly fall asleep.

Orange and red leaves danced through the air, but they soon performed a dying sashay as they touched the ground. October 10th was the perfect day for a funeral, but that's clearly just me...

"I can't believe your brother is getting married!" F/n remarked. "He's a year older than me, but I can't imagine getting married right now... It would be nice, though, one day. A gorgeous bride, my parents giving me away as they cry cause they aren't getting grandchildren...my bad for realizing I was lesbian and ALSO not a fan of kids. Anyways, being in love is definitely what I'm looking forward to the most. Wedding gifts would be pretty cool, too. I think I'd just ask for checks instead of appliances or jewelry."

I sighed, staring out the car window. I was happy for my brother, but the idea of love made me feel bitter. Does it actually ever work out? I stole a glance at my phone; it was almost 4:30 PM. The ceremony started at 5, and as I was without a car, F/n offered to drive me. She was my plus one, anyway.

"Sis, you better let out all your dejection right now, cause we're at the hall," F/n said. "You look great, you're a strong independent woman, you can legally drink as of this past July, and...oh no your ex-parents are pulling in next to us."

I slid down into my seat. "You're kidding."

"I accidentally made eye contact with the kid."

"She's like 5 or 6, as long as M/n (mom's name) and D/n (dad's name) didn't notice."

"Oh, they noticed. I gotta leave the car or else I'm gonna look like a weirdo." F/n swiftly left the car and greeted B/n's parents. 

Okay, calm down. It's been a few years. It'll be normal, like...speaking to a stranger. That's what they are to me, pretty much! I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. F/n gave me a friendly smile and linked her arm with mine. 

"Hi." I never knew what to call them anymore. I couldn't say 'ex-parents' in front of a 5 year old, plus, that'd sound really weird. Mr. and Mrs. L/n also seemed odd, cause that was my last name for most of my life.

It stayed at a simple 'hi' and 'hello' between us, and we silently walked into B/n and G/n's (girl's name) hall. M/n went straight to the decorators, bombarding them with instructions and questions. D/n took a seat on the right side at the table closest to the altar, with his daughter seated next to him.

"So, what does B/n want from you again?" F/n asked.

"Check up on his bride," I explained. "She and I are pretty close. I kinda gave my entire life story to her when we first met."

With that being said, F/n and I headed to the bridal room. After a bit of wandering, we found the room, and I knocked on the door.

"Come in," G/n called.

We entered the room, and G/n was sitting in her dress, getting her hair curled by who I assumed was her hair and makeup stylist. I was sputtering to come up with a greeting. G/n was stunning...I'm kinda jealous of my brother. He almost lost her the day he introduced her to his parents and I, but he managed to patch things up. Lucky him...

"You look beautiful!" F/n squeaked. "Oh my Irene, your dress is to die for! Right, Y/n?"

I nodded furiously. "So beautiful that B/n might forget his vows..."

There was a few laughs from around the room, and only then did I realize there were several women and a man in the room.

Noticing my shock, G/n giggled. "My aunts and my best friend."

The guy shook his head. "If B/n forgets his vows cause he's so in awe, he better have something on the spot. I could easily talk about G/n for ten minutes, and vows are usually what, two minutes?"

We chatted and laughed as G/n was receiving her finishing touches. Eventually, F/n and I returned to the hall and took our seats, which were unfortunately with my ex-parents. To my left was F/n, and to the right was M/n and D/n's daughter. I hate that she's adorable and resembled B/n a lot. I want kids one day, but the idea of falling in love and having a kid, so the traditional stuff, seemed out of reach. As for carrying on my path of being single and trying to adopt... I doubt I'd be approved.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"B/n's...close friend." I forced myself to smile. Well, I was actually his adopted little sister until legal stuff happened, around the time you were born, a 'fine' day in May, but B/n's not that bad, so I still refer to him as my brother, despite him keeping a lot of big secrets from me. But you're 5, so you probably wouldn't understand. 

She nodded. "Why's there no one my age? I'm bored."

"Maybe they're part of the ceremony, so they'll show up later." 

"Why aren't I part of the ceremony?"

I shrugged before sending her a smile. "Maybe the bride's younger cousins are part of it instead. I'm sure your brother will make it up to you!" I pulled out my phone to check the time and make sure B/n or G/n didn't need me. Luckily, everything was in order.

"Do you have games on your phone?"

...Maybe I don't want kids.

*~o~o~o~*

The ceremony went great. B/n managed to give his vows without wavering, like the star-of-the-show he is. I even managed to tear up, but before I burst out crying, F/n placed her arm over my shoulders, bringing me close. Now, it was the point of the night where everyone with kids left, leaving for the party to actually start. The wedding reception.

I'm not sure if parties were ever my thing, but F/n made sure it was. She danced with me, spun me around, made sure I laughed...I could almost feel myself falling for her, but I knew she was just being a good friend. Eventually, she split off with some girl, making conversation with them. I wasn't left alone for long, as B/n called me over.

"How's your night been?" B/n asked.

I smiled. All of my bitterness had been gone for a while, and I was genuinely enjoying myself. "Great! Congrats, bro." I glanced around. "Where's your wife?"

"She went to the bathroom, but she's been gone for a while," B/n explained. "I was about to go check up on her."

I furrowed my brows. "I can go check up on her, if you want. Don't need to be attacked for infiltrating the women's room."

He shook his head. "If something's up, I have to be there for her. But...you can come with, if you want."

I nodded, and we took off. As soon as we entered the bathroom, immense sobbing echoed from the biggest stall.

"Babe?" B/n called.

"It's not fair," G/n cried.

"I'm here for you, what's wrong?"

"Why isn't my mom here? Why did she... Before I could even know her...?"

B/n tapped me and whispered, "Hey, could you get a glass of water?"

I nodded, quietly exiting the bathroom, leaving the couple to talk. I guess even the supposed most perfect day can involve pain. My heart began to sting. I'm glad her dad showed up to walk her down the aisle, but...she deserved to have her mom here. I hope G/n can cheer up soon.

Maybe letting yourself fall in love is worth it. Having someone support you, like B/n and G/n do for each other...
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: It's been a whileeee since the last book, so just a refresher on G/n's character: her mom died during labor, her father blamed it on G/n, but they eventually made up

It feels so blunt just saying that but like—

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575 5 12
After high school Y/N moved in with Gene and has always hid her wolf traits since. One day Gene gets tickets for an island resort called Love~Love Pa...
41.3K 724 20
Female reader ^^^ btw this is from Aphmau. 13+ tehe the story is finished #87 in aphmau
85.5K 2.2K 23
{ SO PROUD I'M DOING THIS HUEHUE} [RECOMMEND FOR GIRLS AND GENE LOVERS LIKE ME] Summary: Y/N was new to highschool and wanted to start over your l...
43.1K 1K 20
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM VIOLENCE & ABUSE IF YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • Y/n, that always get abused by her father...