The Bet (18+)

By unpopulardad

"The necklace alone around my neck is worth a million dollars, what makes you think I'd ever fuck you for a t... More

0. character aesthetics
1. Return
2. The arrow
3. Three Hours
4. Amuse me
5. Breakfast
6. The bet
7. Babies
8. Pink
9. High Maintenance (his pov)
10. Green Lingerie
11. The Engagement
12. Erection
13. Watermelon edibles
14. Pretty thighs
16. Vanity
21. Black and White
22. Kill him (dual pov)
23. New friends
24. Cameras
25. My bed
26. Dior
27. Own him
28. Conniving wife

15. The wedding

17.7K 401 84
By unpopulardad

Sofia Zanetti - POV

"You look beautiful" my mother spoke as she set my veil over my head. I didn't miss the tear which had rolled down her cheek.

"My Isabella" I tried my best to not let the tears spill, as she wrapped me into a tight embrace.

Today was the day...

The day I would be officially his. Officially known as Sofia Russo, not Sofia Zanetti.

Just like the past two weeks, my stomach was in knots, the constant feeling of wanting to vomit.

We were currently at the back room of the church, waiting for my father to arrive so I could walk down the aisle.

Traditions were tradition so I hadn't seen Lorenzo ever since the day we were invited to his family home. It was bad luck for the bride and groom to see each other before the ceremony. Not that it affected me, like I said before, I preferred it like that.

There were so many traditional aspects to Italian weddings which were to be followed today. So many that I hadn't heard of myself. I had only been to a handful of weddings my entire life, majority when I was a little girl, too small to understand the meaning behind the little things. Most were just superstitions but when you are from a strict Italian family there was no such thing as that.

It was also bad luck for the bride to wear gold jewellery so I had to take off my gold rings, leaving the big fat rock on my ring finger. I stared down at the ring on my hand, the diamond so bright, it was almost as if it was making the whole room shine as the sun glowered over it.

I stared down at my dress, it was perfect. The days spent with the fashion designer was definitely worth it. It was everything I had envisioned.

But I couldn't see my reflection in the mirror today. Another Italian wedding tradition.

I was brought out of my daze, as the large wooden door opened, my father walked in. He wore a dark grey suit, almost black with a emerald tie and a fresh white rose clipped to his breast pocket. His hair was slicked back and his beard trimmed ever so slightly. No one would ever suspect this man to lead a huge illegal syndicate.

Mama stood up, after my father gestured for her to return to the main church hall. My stomach dropped to the ground once again.

"Sofia, you ready?" My father said taking three long steps towards me, pulling out his hand for me to take. I breathed in and out, before taking his hand and standing up straight.

I held my bouquet in the other hand. Fresh white roses with dark green leaves around them. The bouquet was a gift from Lorenzo's family. Another Italian tradition. The groom was meant to pick out the brides flowers and have them sent over the morning of the wedding. I doubt Lorenzo had even bothered and it was most likely Rosalina who had picked it out.

We didn't say a word until we got to the door. Behind the door everyone waited for the bride to make her entrance.

I could almost hear my heart beat out of my chest.

"I'm sorry Sofia" papa spoke, turning his face to me. I looked up at him behind my veil, a sad smile plastered on his face. "If I could not make this happen I would, in a million years. But it's something which was bound to happen in this life. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the life you deserve and  you were forced into this all because of me. I know you hate me right now. But he is a good guy Sofia, there will be struggles in your marriage, just like everyone goes through, like me and your Mama did. It's up to you to make it work, both of you. But if he ever hurts you in any way you must tell me Sofia." I blinked away the tears in my eyes as I watched tears fall out my fathers eyes.

Im sorry I couldn't give you the life you deserve

He looked at me as if this was our last time seeing each other. The lump in my throat made it hard for me to get out words. I brushed the tear off his face with my thumb.

He was the first man I ever loved and most likely the only man I will ever love.

"I could never hate you and I will always love you Papa" I whispered as I wrapped my arms around him one last time, before he gives me away to the man who awaits for me at the end of the alter.

"I love you too Cara Mia"

He cleared his throat, his hand brushing my chin before he held out his arm for me to hold onto.

"Are you ready" he said and I nodded.

I wasn't ready, but there was no going back anymore.

The doors of the chapel were opened, the light Italian hymns played in the background as we stepped in. I avoided the top of the aisle, instead my eyes travelled to my family who sat on the right side of the church. Lorenzo's family on the left.

Gabriella grinned at me, she looked stunning and very pregnant. I couldn't look at Sebastian as I knew I would end up crying half way through the alter. We stopped and I realised we were now at the bottom of the steps.

My father turned, kissing me on my forehead.

"I love you" He whispered before handing me over the the man who i'd be destined to for the rest of my life. I didn't want to let go of my fathers hand, but he slipped away and sat besides my mother at the front.

Breath in and out.

My gaze fell on Lorenzo as he held out his hand for me to retrieve. I took his hand, as we walked up the few steps until we stood opposite each other. The priest stood directly In between.

I took a proper look at the man in front of me.

God I hated how perfect he looked.

All black, black pants, black suit and black vest. All tailored to perfection against his well built form. The imprint of his gun on the inside of his pocket. He was never unarmed. A crisp white shirt sat beneath, and a bow sat between his collar.

He stood tall, his hands closed together, his silver rings decorated his fingers.

I could smell his strong addicting scent through my veil. Wood and citrus, the scent which always seemed to make me feel intoxicated whenever he was around.

My expression remained stone, I didn't smile nor show my displeasure. The priest was most likely aware that this was an arranged marriage, he had conducted many mafiosa weddings before.

My veil was lifted by Lorenzo an he diverted his attention back towards the priest who was given a small speech about the beauty of marriages in catholic measures.

Then came the vows.

"Lorenzo Rafael Russo and Sofia Isabella Zanetti, have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

"Will you honour each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives"

Rest of my life...

"Will you accept children lovingly from God and bring them up according to the law?"

How about no children at all?

I looked up at Lorenzo, waiting for his response. I just wanted the vows to be over and done with.

"I do."

"I do." 

"I, Lorenzo Rafael Russo, take you, Sofia Isabella Zanetti to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you, protect and honour you all the days of my life"

Yeah bull shit. I almost wanted to roll my eyes.

"I, Sofia Isabella Zanetti, take you, Lorenzo Rafael Russo to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honour you all the days of my life"

I knew he'd protect me, but love me? I'd have to laugh. I don't think the man in front of me was capable of loving. He was cold and ruined. This life destroyed him and he gladly accepted those consequences the day he swore the oath to the Cosa Nostra.

"You may now kiss the bride"

"Welcome to my world" he said against my lips before pressing down with a short kiss. More like a peck, just out lips touching for three short seconds before I pressed a hand on his chest to push him away.

"Go to hell" I retorted back as I moved back from him. He held an amused smirk.

"I'm already here, and your it's newest member Sofia" his Italian accent laced in his tone.

I rolled my eyes, as we both were made to walk down the aisle, our families congratulating us, with huge smiles on their faces. Rice was thrown by the younger children.

Another tradition.

Rice meant fertility. To bless the couple with healthy children.

Traditions were thrown all over today. Sigh.

*

After the church ceremony was over, the wedding festivities began at the venue. Everything was perfect from the indoor water fountain I had requested to the very specific flower arrangements which sat at the middle of each table.

After Luciano had done a toast, congratulating us, I was caught up in meeting all of the Russo family.

Lorenzo had disappeared, I couldn't see him as I looked around discreetly. Not that I cared. The less I saw him today the better.

I hated how I could almost still feel his lips against mine. It was just a stupid peck but my mind played out the scene countless amount of times. Ugh.

I was pulled out of thought when a beautiful blonde woman walked up to me. Her hair pulled into a tight bun and a lilac dress hugged her perfect body. I didn't miss the bigger and much older man who stood behind her, his hands gripping onto her waist hard as he conversed with another man.

She introduced herself as another one of Lorenzo's cousin, Alice, but she was a distant cousin. He had a lot of cousins. I was loosing count at this rate. Who the hell were birthing all of them? I had only met a few of his aunts.

"This is my husband, Alfonso" she introduced, the beefy looking man didn't bat an eye at her, more interested in his conversation.

I could tell she was forced into it. She was beautiful, like a model you would see on the Victoria Secrets runway with that slender tall frame. How she ended up with a man like him was obvious it was arranged. His beard shabby, moustache overgrown over his lips. I could smell the strong pungent scent of alcohol from where he stood. I grimaced at his sight.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered to her. She laughed, moving away from him and pulling me to sit with her.

"Don't be. His guards make up for it" she winked. My eyebrows rose in surprise at what she just said.

His guards...

"Any advice on this whole marriage thing? Besides the guards" I laughed.

What if I fell in love with Lorenzo's guards? How would that be like?

My eyes wandered across the room until it fell on three men who were always with him. They were like his right hand. Their eyes were already on me when I looked over.

I didn't know their names. They stood in a line, the shortest in the middle.

The one who I saw with Lorenzo the most, stood on the right, he seemed the eldest from the three. His hair was a light blonde shade. He didn't seem to like me, judging by the way he stared with a semi glare from across the room.

Not you then.

Then there was the one in the middle, short yet must've been at least 5 ft 11. He also looked the youngest. His hair was long and straight, falling just below his earlobe.

Hmm. I won't be able to wear heels around him.

Then there was the one on the left. Short dark hair and dark brown eyes and a nose ring.

He reminded me of Sebastian so no.

But regardless they were all handsome.

My eyes fell on the taller frame which joined them. Lorenzo. His eyes followed theirs, until it stopped dead at me. Shit. I looked away, back at Alice.

God I'm not really thinking about this on my wedding day. I shook the obscene thought out my mind. Alice placed my hands in her lap, a look on her face which I couldn't quite read.

"You're both young Sofia, cherish that. This may sound insane but make him love you, don't let him slip passed your fingers. You're beautiful Sofia, every single man in this room can see that" she paused as my heart paced inside my chest. I followed her gaze as she looked around, everyone's eyes seemed to be on us.

"Lorenzo must be blind or lying if he isn't attracted to you in any way. Use that against him. Have him fall in love with you" she repeated as her fingers held my fingers tightly.

I stilled in my seat, unsure what to say.

Make him love me? I stared back at Lorenzo, his eyes hadn't left mine. That would be impossible. Like I said, that man didn't love.

"I-thank you?" I stuttered a response as she gave me a smile then a tight hug.

"They're his cousin by the way, I would suggest you don't go there" she whispered before laughing lightly then gesturing her head to where Lorenzo and the three men stood.

"Got it" I breathed a laugh, as she gave me a wink before she was pulled away by her beefy husband.

I stood there awkwardly, unsure what to do exactly. Footsteps approached me, instantly his cologne surrounding me.

"What did she say to you?" I looked up at Lorenzo.

"Who?" I replied, as I lifted my dress to stand up from the chair.

"Alice, the woman you were just talking to" he said that as if she just spoiled a Russo family secret that I wasn't supposed to know of.

"Nothing that doesn't concern you" I said rolling my eyes.

"Then why do you seem on edge from whatever she just said?"

"It's my wedding day Lorenzo, the last time I see some of my family here today, before you go and ruin my life. Of course I am on edge. I have been ever since I have woken up today" I shot back. He didn't seem to care about a single word I had just said as he raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"I know many ways to help you destress and get you off edge, we can always call it a night and hit the bedroom, if that's what you want Piccolina. Just say the word" His body pressed against mine, his finger dragging down my waist over my dress, feeling the band of my thong. I sucked in a breath at his choice of words and touch. Good lord.

"You're sick. Go away" I muttered, pushing him away from me. He just let out a deep sensual chuckle, which made me tighten my legs together.

As we both parted in opposite ways from each other we were suddenly made back to where we had been standing. Right in the middle of the hall.

"Bacio Bacio" Crowds of our family began to chant and clap.

"Un Bacio Per La Sposa!"

A kiss for the bride.

My eyes widened as I watched both families chant out another stupid tradition.

'Bacio' was a directive which was allowed to be shouted out at any time during the wedding ceremony. For the guests enjoyment, the groom had to kiss the bride. And not just a three second peck, but a proper one. One that left them satisfied. Sick tradition if you ask me!

My eyes met Carina, who seemed overly excited, shouting louder than the rest causing the elderly Russo females to glare at her. I joined them and sent her a hard glare which she noticed and in return sent me a wink and made a circle with her left hand and using her index on the other hand to slide into the hole.

God I hate her.

I can't believe I'm related to this girl. And I can't believe this was a tradition. I hate being italian.

Maybe I should've ran away and gotten married to an American man.

Before I could process anything that was happening, Lorenzo's lips pressed firmly against mine, his hand positioned at my waist. I was completely still against his lips that was until my body gave in and my lips moved against his soft ones. Oh my gosh.

Once I snapped back to reality, I bit down on his lower lip, causing him to press his fingers hard against my waist. His tongue swiped over my teeth before he pulled away with an amused look.

The chants turned to a cheer and I pushed him from me. I stared up at Lorenzo, meeting his dark gaze. God they looked terrifying but daunting.

"You could've warned me" I hissed, wiping with my finger over my lips which tasted like hard liquor.

"You're already on edge as it is. Why not add more to the fire?" He replied, swiping his tongue over his lower lip in one swift movement. His bottom lip was bright pink and slightly swollen after I had bit it.

I really did not like this man. But that kiss definitely sent me into an oblivion. As miserable as it sounded, that was the first ever proper kiss I had.

Sadly I didn't have a reply to him so I just rolled my eyes and pushed away from him.

My eyes fell on Sebastian. I sent him a smile as he just glared. Not at me but at Lorenzo.

"You seem happy" he said, as I hooked my arm around his. "God I was so close to killing whoever started that bullshit"

"I am not happy, I'm actually smiling through the pain" I muttered. We ended up making our way out of the hall. I guess we were taking a walk. I needed it, some fresh air would definitely help right now, especially after that kiss.

Sebastian was awfully silent, something which wasn't like him. Silence and Sebastian just seemed wrong. Which was funny because he was given the name the Silencer. When he had to kill he was silent.

He was born with a big mouth. He always cried as a child then as he got older his cries turned into talking excessively. Something my father couldn't stand. I knew my father praised that Santino was the eldest. Santino was much more quiet than us. Quiet yet there was so much to my older brother I myself still didn't know about.

We stopped at a bench outside the hall. It was a beautiful garden, decorated in bushes and white roses. My mother had done an amazing job with planning. Everything I had envisioned had come true.

"I hate this Sofia" he admitted as I leaned my head against his shoulder as we sat down.

"Me too." I whispered. "But we cant do anything"

"If I could still shoot him in his skull I would do it in a heartbeat trust me." That made me laugh. "I've only spent a handful of time with your husband, He doesn't seem to bad, from what I had expected I will be honest. But you can only know a person much better once your married I guess. I swear to god Sofia, if he isn't treating you right or hurts you and you don't tell me or worse I find out, I will actually go batshit. I will kill him" my heart tightened at his words.

I hope it never went to that.

"I'll keep you updated" I humoured and he frowned.

"I'm serious"

"I know" I stared at the sun which was beginning to set. Light pink clouds danced in the sky.

"Also If your husband doesn't let me visit you, tell him I'll be sending bomb threats to every single one of properties he owns."

He looked at me, his face serious as ever. I laughed at the fact that he kept saying Husband instead of Lorenzo. Even though it made me sick to my stomach.

"I'll have him know" I said as we both stood up.

"Let's go back before your husband thinks you eloped by yourself"

"Why didn't you tell me this before, I could've planned it before hand" I said rolling my eyes, as I looked towards the parking lot where all the cars.

I could've easily made a run for it. Even though security was crazy tonight, I'm sure I could've done it. Dammit.

"And have papa kill me? Not happening Sofia. I'm too young to die, I still have to travel the world and I also want to see my nieces and nephews"

"You aren't getting any from me" I mumbled out as we stepped back into hall.

🖤

Ahhh the wedding...

How are you guys liking this book so far? Please give you feedback as I would love to hear it. Also please remember to vote :)

I'm super excited to write this book, I have a lot of favourites scenes and chapters I can't waitttt to publish and reveal the intense sexual tension between Lorenzo and Sofia

I also left out Sofia's bridal shower chapter even though I was really excited about that (😏) but it really didn't want to drag it out. But let me know if you guys want to see it, maybe I'll upload it as a bonus chapter 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 13.3K 71
Looking at myself in the mirror I studied my reflection. I exhaled a long surrendering sigh into the quiet that was my bedroom. I kept telling myse...
3.9M 89.1K 74
She was loud. Spirited, and a woman not afraid to speak her mind. She wore a smile too wide, a lipstick too bold and laughed too loud. Nina Vitielli...
271K 4.4K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
81.8K 2K 19
" you can never escape me amore" when he said this I felt the hair on my neck stand and my pussy clench at the same time. I didn't have to turn aroun...