affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

72. resolve the issues

910 42 18
By SKULLJIN

072

"I know we can be good friends, but please don't hurt my brother if he ends up catching feelings."

The quick discussion Devora had with Jiwoo played in her head, unable to let go of what she told her.

"What do you mean catch feelings?" Devora had scoffed a laugh, puzzled. "He won't do that."

"Well, he seemed pretty serious when he was talking about his admiration for you."

Jiwoo mentioned the part of dinner where Hoseok revealed he loved her, and how he described her to be his other half.

Solely thinking about it made her chest tighten.

But, there was just no way Hoseok meant it in that way. He was only pretending to be released from his father's controlling grasp.

Devora wouldn't believe it.

"The way he stares at you says it all." Jiwoo went on to uncover when Devora was silent.

She ran a brush through her damp hair, visualizing the events that occurred earlier that day.

'The way he looks at me?' She thought to herself, dubiously.

Devora already had so much on her plate with her situation involving Jungkook, she couldn't be stressed over the thought of her boss having intimate feelings for her.

She was being faced with too many vulnerable emotions to even try and sort her feelings out about Hoseok.

Devora wasn't just gonna let that enigma roam through her intellect along with her issues with Jungkook.

It would be implicitly embarrassing — for the both of them — but she needed to ask Hobi if he truly does have feelings for her.

She let her damp hair fall over her shoulders, water slightly soaking through the old college T-shirt. Normally, she would blow-dry her hair, but she was exasperated that night.

It was barely ten p.m. and all she wanted to do was unfurl on her mattress under her comforting blanket.

She opened her bedroom door, peeking out over Hoseok's bedroom seeing that his door was open.

'I'm guessing he finished his shower, right?' Shoulders dropped with a sigh, now having to confront him about his feelings for her.

Something that she never asked herself was what if he actually did like her?

What would she do? How would she react?

'No way. That's stupid. He would never.' Shivering at the distaste that was brought on her tongue from those thoughts.

It's not that Hoseok was a bad person.

Hoseok was truly an extraordinary man, he was the person that could lift up a cheerless room. Bringing all his optimistic and sprightly emotions along with him that everyone was influenced by.

His laugh had the power to make people around him laugh along, even if the joke wasn't humorous.

He had such an open heart, tending for the ones he loved without any second-guesses.

Not to mention how handsome he was.

But, Devora wasn't able to consider ever getting with Hoseok without picturing how many grueling emotions Jungkook would walk through.

She would never break up with Jungkook to jump to his best friend, who was also her boss.

Devora put those thoughts away, marching into her hallway with no ambivalence. She would ask him, without doubting herself.

She peeked her head into the room he was staying in, knocking on the door.

"Hoseok?" Her tone was light, not seeing him in his room.

She cupped her hands against her chest, sudden chills running through her spine from the cold temperature in her apartment.

"Dev?" The silvery voice came from behind her, causing her to slightly jump back.

She was shaking like a leaf. "God, you scared me."

A single laugh scratched from his throat, turning back towards the living room. "Sorry, what did you need? I was just in the living room."

She trailed further after he did, hand behind her. "I-I was just wondering where you were." Suddenly tentative after facing him.

Devora watched as he sat on the other end of the couch, assuming he would give her the space so she could join him.

For some reason, she felt like she shouldn't be wearing what she was wearing at that moment.

Not because Hoseok would try something, or inappropriately stare at her. But, her legs were out, and she wasn't even wearing socks.

Her bottom half was practically naked.

The only thing keeping her covered was her sleep shorts.

She walked past the couch's arm to sit on the side Hoseok provided her space with.

"I just need to ask you something, Hoseok."

He smiled, allowing her to proceed. "Of course."

"Well, at the dinner party, you-you said you loved me." She cleared her throat. "That was just pretend, wasn't it? For show?"

His slumped shoulders removed themselves from the cushions, sitting upright. "Dev, no. Of course it was. We're just friends, and I respect that." Clearing the air as soon as possible, wishing not to make her uncomfortable.

That sense of constriction in her chest reduced.

"I figured it was, but I really just wanted to make sure." Devora laughed, completely satisfied with his answer.

She lifted from the pillows. "Sorry if that was uncomfortable. I'm gonna make myself tea, did you want some?" Her voice was now bubbly, acting normal around her roommate.

"Sure I'll take some. Thank you!" Watching her walk to her kitchen, bringing out two mugs from the cabinet.

He kept his elbow on the pillow beneath his arm, rubbing his nape.

Was it wrong for him to lie to her like that?

How was he supposed to tell her that he truly did have feelings for her when he knew her heart was whole with Jungkook?

After holding her, and having to pretend like they were in love confused Hobi.

Were his actions and words all for show? Or did he truly feel that way for her?

Devora hummed, interrupting his train of thought. "Hoseok?"

His eyebrows pinched, turning over to the kitchen. "I'm sorry, what happened?"

Devora giggled. "I asked what tea did you want, Hobi?"

He clicked his tongue. "Oh, I'll take whatever you're drinking."

Devora nodded, getting back to preparing their hot beverages.

Just as Hobi was about to center his attention back on his former thoughts, he heard a small knock on the front door.

He turned around, realizing that Devora had her back turned from the door.

She gave no response to the knock.

She must have not heard it?

Should he be answering the door? Another cluster of knocks sounded through the house. Hoseok got up, figured it would be fine if he answered it.

He unlocked the door, opening it.

Jungkook stood waiting on the other side.

His pierced eyebrow cocked instantly, the corners of his lips pulled into a baffled frown.

Jungkook tilted his head. "What are you doing here?"

His brusque statement caught him off guard, blinking a couple of times before turning to find Devora. "Devora-"

"Jungkook?" Her quiet voice slashed Hoseok's statement, appearing from beside him.

Her eyes darted awkwardly. "Umm, what are you doing here?"

The boy with ebony turquoise hair stood dubious at the doorway, taking a look at the shorts Devora had on.

He didn't forget to acknowledge their hair.

They both had wet hair.

"I'm here so we can finish our talk." He told her, turning his attention to Hobi. "What are you doing here?"

Before Hoseok was able to speak for himself, Devora stepped forward.

"He's here because he has no other place to stay." Sticking up for her reasoning, helping Hobi with his hardships.

Jungkook glanced back at Hoseok, silently asking him if what Devora was saying was true.

He nodded. "Yes. She gave me a place to stay since my dad took my home away from me."

Jungkook took a pause as if he was trying to evaluate Hobi and Devora. Hoping that what he was assuming wasn't true.

He scowled, shrugging. "Couldn't you stay someplace else?" Jungkook bluntly asked, absolutely shameless.

"Jungkook." Devora warned. "He wanted help, so I'm helping him."

"Yeah don't worry kookie, I'll be leaving tomorrow since my dad is giving me my things back." Hobi tried to be as amicable as possible with him, not wanting to tarnish their friendship.

Jungkook didn't want to ravage his close friendship with Hoseok either. He would always be an older brother to him, but he couldn't help being so curt.

He told himself nobody was at fault, Hoseok needed help and he went to Devora for that help.

That was out of his control.

What he didn't understand is why Devora thought it was completely fine to hide it from him.

And that's exactly what he was there for.

His index finger pressed against his forehead, rubbing away the disturbing headache that had been pestering him that entire night.

"Come in." Devora invited, opening the door wider for him.

Hoseok walked back to the couch, apprehending that whatever they were going to discuss did not involve him.

She shut the door, turning to stand in front of Jungkook.

Her lips separated to say something, staring up at him with confused eyes. "Um, did— did you wanna pick up where we left off?" Looking down at his leather combat boots that had leftover drops of water on them.

Had it been raining?

Devora noticed that he had an outfit change, too.

He was wearing a black T-shirt with a black zip-up sweater.

His eyebrow pulled, licking his bottom lip that effused his impatience. "Yeah, let's do that." He glanced over at Hoseok, who was sitting on the couch with his attention averted towards the hanging television.

"Let's talk someplace private, yeah?" Putting his hands in his pockets.

Devora had her arms wrapped over her chest. "Yeah, yeah let's go to my room." She turned over, leading the way to said place.

She kept her arms folded across her chest, sensing his eyes stabbing against her back like daggers, causing her to quicken her pace, reaching over to open her closed door.

Jungkook stepped inside after her, shutting the door closed.

Her room smelled lovely.

Almost as if a lilac floral candle had been ignited before he arrived.

He wished he could embrace her, and forgive her for her actions. Because he truly did love her.

The last thing he wanted to do was break up with her without hearing her out.

Breaking up with her, in general, was something he didn't want. But, getting to the bottom of their situation was important.

If she was able to carelessly lie, and conceal this secret from him effortlessly, it petrified him for their future. Was she willing to hide other things?

His heart plunged into a puddle of misery.

Was she hurting as much as he was? Was it odd that he felt blatantly betrayed by her?

She sat on her bed, patting the open space beside her, inviting him to sit with her. "Sit with me, please?" Her tone was candied with reverence.

Devora wanted to work things out with him. Jungkook was everything to her.

She could only imagine the heavy heartache her lies must have brought to him.

Noisy rainfall began to punt at her window, the trees trashed with the heavy winds, mixing with the pouring rain that incessantly fell above the city of Seoul.

Tormenting Pressure was relieved off her chest when Jungkook took up on her offer, sitting beside her.

They faced one another, both too afraid to talk first.

Afraid that they might say the wrong words that would inexorably lead to their separation.

˚。⋆୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 3.8K 66
"Don't do that again Y/N. I can't guarantee if I would be able to resist it." She wanted to say something, anything but his serious gaze did it's be...
536K 22.8K 56
❝ You're so keen on pointing fingers at me. ❞ ❝ Isn't that a given? Girls like you ruin lives. ❞ ❝ And what? Guys like you save lives, I assume? ❞...
736K 26.8K 64
"i've got everyones attention, except for yours." conceited, manipulative, egocentric, and rude. jeon jungkook; your schools heartthrob who is capabl...
10.4K 644 21
"Yes! You can't stop me! When I find the love of my life I'm gonna hear that bell Jimin and you can't tell me otherwise!" Jungkook whisper shouted wi...