Hunted

By live-read-die

Elizabeth Embers is an average girl in every way- except she's not. Being one of the most talented students a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Acknowledgements
SEQUEL!!!!!!!!
Update #2

Chapter 16

1.5K 93 6
By live-read-die

... Tracy...

My neck throbs painfully where two small dots swell. Grim satisfaction floats around in my stomach. I would have liked to kill Elizabeth, but I was close enough. At least I prolonged the inevitable.

"Man, I wish it was me with the stake behind her." Brad sighs angrily. "You're so lucky."

"Lucky? I was attacked by her stupid cat, and she stuck her teeth in my neck." I snort.

"Yeah, but unlike you, I would have gotten her heart." He snaps and I glare at him. We're sitting in Ms. Keefe's office awaiting trial. Ms. Keefe has handcuffed us to the chairs, that stupid old lady.

Suddenly the door opens, and Ms. Keefe herself walks in, her eyes ablaze with fury. I gulp in fear. I've only just recently learned Elizabeth and her were pretty close.

She sits down at her desk and I can't meet her eyes. "What were you two thinking?" She almost yells. I flinch and look at the floor, but guilt is one of the emotions I'm not reading.

"She is a threat we can't afford." Brad growls.

"Threat? She tries everything in her power not to be a threat." Ms. Keefe snarls. "And Tracy? I thought you were her friend."

"I was hoping we would have killed her after she died. That's what we did with Blaise."

"I was hoping we could have killed her now." Brad scoffs.

"And we would have been able to do it, if that stupid cat didn't help her." I reply.

"ENOUGH!" Ms. Keefe yells and jumps to her feet, her eyes blazing. "Now, which one of you is responsible for stealing her blood bottles?" Now guilt blazes through me.

"Me." I say quietly. "I thought to weaken her so she wouldn't fight back so hard."

"Well she obviously did and made up for the loss." Ms. Keefe eyes the marks on my neck. "You deserved it. I honestly think you deserve to be Vampires yourself." Fear washes over me. No, she can't do that.

"Please, no!" Brad begs, but Ms. Keefe seems to have a resolve of steel.

"I'll let Elizabeth decide the punishment herself." Great. There goes my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.6K 32
"Hunters and Werewolves don't mate... do they?" Avery Williams lived in the lines of 'kill' or 'get killed'. Why would she get killed? Well, one, she...
1.3K 169 27
Two girls bound together by an everlasting, irreversible fate. A prophecy told 1000 years ago has already set their destiny in stone. Linked by a ri...
5.5K 247 64
For the sake of her life, Ember does whatever she can to keep a low profile everywhere she goes, even in school. But, when four of the most powerful...
453K 13.6K 41
RATED MATURE | Completed ✔ Held captive at the hands of vampires to be auctioned off to the vampire clan called the PureBloods. I'm held hostage, tor...