| Devious Siren | {18+}

By desserenee

(SLOWLY EDITING) "I've always had a feeling it was you, but I was blinded by love to believe it." he says. "... More

Prologue
Playlist
{1} Dal Bons
{2} Guerrilla
{3} Flower
{4} Apartment
{5} Malicious
{6} Canvas
{7} Surrender
{8} Dash
{9} Resentful
{10} Premium
{11} Indulgent
{12} Dangerous
{13} Mayhem
{14} Delusional
{15} Triad
{16} Similar
{17} Tutelage
{18} Experience
{19} Welcome
{20} Beguile
{21} Safe
{22} Dubious
{23} Yearn
{24} Benevolent
{25} Catastrophe
{26} Bizarre
{27} Devine
{28} Details
{29} Addled
{30} Party
{31} Secrets
{32} Agony
{33} Revenge
{34} Collar
{35} Constant
{36} Stolen
{37} Proprietorial
{38} Countless
{39} Homecoming
{40} Odious
{41} Peacemaker
{42} Inadequate
{43} Supervision
{44} Procedure
{45} Reckless
{47} Doyenne
{48} Respite
{49} Actions
{50} Consequences
{51} Inevitable
{52} Ultimatum

{46} Disregard

31 3 0
By desserenee

Reign

pay no attention to; ignore.

He knows.

I can tell by his eyes.

The way he looks at the corpses then back at me.

Here I stand in front of him covered in blood, without a trace of angst or regret.

The knife in my hand rest as it always does.

His Adam's apple bobs and I grip the knife tighter.

Messiah is not too far behind him. I can see he has a few bloodstains on his face and shirt as he walks slowly to Raven, who is watching Luca and I.

"You're okay." Luca tells me with a cloth in his hand, ready to wipe away what's left of the nine men.

I don't say anything. I only watch him to see his next move.

He slowly brings the rag to my face, wiping away the residue. His other hand travels to mine that holds the blade. He tries to remove but I grab his hand. "It's just me, amore." He conveys soothingly.

I want to let go of the knife but my body has a mind of its own. I fight with myself before handing over the knife.

I'm tired of this.

He wipes off the stainless blade and handle, putting it in his pocket. Im confused on why he hasn't at least shown the tiniest bit of hostility.

He's going to wait until you're by yourself to kill you. He's only putting on an act.

Do not fall for it.

"Cmon let's get you all home." He holds his hand out waiting for me to pair mine with his.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

At home when Luca was removing my dress he found a bullet hole right above my hip. Come to find out I was shot and the bullet is still in there.

Which means. Surgery. And surgery means getting put to sleep.

I don't remember any of those guys with a gun. I do remember two shots coming from Raven.

Did she make a mistake and shoot me?

Nah, she's not that bad with a gun. Maybe one of them did have one.

"No." I say. The heads of the three doctors, Luca, and my dad, turn my way.

"I'm sorry but if we don't remove that bullet before it shifts, it will paralyze you." The male doctor says.

"I'm not talking about the surgery, i'm saying no to putting me to sleep. Do it while i'm awake."

"It'll be best if you're asl-"

"No! I don't want to sleep!" I yell. My dad leans over and whispers something to Luca and he nods.

"Okay, okay. I won't let them put you to sleep." He says walking closer to me.

"You promise?"

"I promise. I won't let them." He grabs my hand. "But you do know it's going to hurt like hell."

"I've been through worst." I look at my dad who looks away.

"I'm gonna go get Dina." Dad says and my eyes widen.

"No! Don't. She'll freak out." He stops by the door. I feel myself getting lightheaded but i'll be damn if I fall asleep.

"Hey, calm down. Don't move too much. Okay?" Luca places both his hands on the sides of my face. I lean back not wanting him to touch me and that's when I feel the pain in my neck. "I'm sorry." He says laying me down.

"What? No." I slur out right before sleep takes me away. "You promised."

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Luca

"You promised." She barely whispers as she goes unconscious.

I won't say it.

I won't believe it.

I can't.

They killed 9 guys, 9 big guys, within a span of 7 minutes.

"Luca, let me talk to you outside." Dal Bon says. I kiss her forehead and follow him. "Your dad.."

"Is he dead?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "No, but he's in really bad shape. He's undergoing treatment now at St.Ellis."

"He'll pull through. Like always."

"We can only hope."

"Roman?" A worrisome voice calls, coming from the end of the hallway says.

Shit.

"Dina, hey." Roman says meeting her halfway.

"Where are they? Are they okay? What's going on?" She asks her voice cracking with every questions.

"Please calm down, Raven is okay she just needed a few stitches. She's currently sleeping."

"Stitches? Stitches for what? What happened?" She pushes him. "Where's Aubrei?"

"Cmon, let's go talk in private." He tries to pull her away but she snatches her arm.

"No! Roman, where is Aubrei?!" She basically yells. I debate rather if I should tell her or not. I don't understand why he can't just tell her. "Luca?" Ah shit. "Where is she?"

"Um, she's in here." I stand by the door and she tries to reach for the knob but I step in front of it. "I'm sorry but you can't go in there now."

"Why not? What is going on, Luca?" She asks looking directly in my eyes. I look away cause I don't want to be the one to tell her, she's kind of scary.

"Roman, will tell you." I say, he shakes his head and points back at me. I shake my head.

"One of you better fucking tell me now." She says strangely calm, looking back and forth between us.

"She was shot." Her head snaps my way. "In her hip, she's undergoing surgery now." She looks at me in disbelief then looks at Roman for clarification.

"Surgery? Surgery, Roman? You said you wouldn't let them go through with this!" He grabs her shaky hands. "You promised me you'd keep them safe!"

Go through with this?

"Aubrei, can handle her own. You know that, Dina."

"So you're telling me she can handle her own, while we're standing in front of the room she's having fucking surgery in?"

"Well when you put it like that-"

"You're an idiot. I can't believe you." She runs her hands over her face. "Where were you two, when this happened?"

"She was with me until I sent her with Nick. She was only gone for about 7 minutes, that's when found her and Raven.." I say but trail off once I see the look on Dal Bons face. Dina looks at him too.

"Where are the boys?" She asks.

"I haven't got the chance to check on them yet."

"Then go now." She shoos him away. He sighs and leaves. "What about you? Did you get checked out?"

I shake my head. "I'm fine."

"Not holding your ribs like that." She folds her arms. "They could be broken."

"I'll get checked out after her surgery."

"Why do you do that?" She asks.

"Do what?"

"Always put her before you."

I sigh. "I don't know, isn't it something i'm supposed to do?" I ask. "I've never been in a real relationship before, but it feels right to put her first."

"That's still not answering my question."

I sigh. "Because I love her. I love the fuck out of her. Sorry." I quickly apologize and she nods. "From the moment I met her, I didn't think she would have such a big impact on me."

"She loves you too, there's no doubt about it." She smiles sadly. "I think you two were meant to find each other." Looking down she sighs. "But I don't think you were meant to be together. Yet, who am I to judge? Look who i'm with." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "You guys love each other too much to let each other go. So I say this." She looks at me directly. "Please take care of one another."

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

"She probably won't wake tonight. Since you gave her the whole dose." I nod as he wraps the bandage roll around my ribs. "As for you, they're only fractured but that doesn't mean you're in the clear. A week. Is all I ask for you to rest." Doctor Ramirez says.

I shake my head. "I can't."

"You have to, Luca. Bruna—"

"Don't." I rudely cut him off.

"Would've forced you to rest. You haven't been eating or sleeping lately, I need a week from you, Luca." He continues anyway.

"Not right now, especially with what just happened. My father is practically lying on his death bed. They will see me, this house and everyone in it as a target, so I can't rest, at least not right now."

He sighs and nods, "Okay, just take care of yourself. I'll be back in 3 days." He says making his exit.

I pull a chair closer to Aubrei's bed. "Please don't be her." I whisper grabbing her hand, kissing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 1.1K 55
Madeline Vera Ricci, her parents were killed infront of her at a young age. Since then she wanted revenge on the people who killed her parents. Madel...
88.7K 1.6K 55
Anastasia Mancini; everyone in the underworld knows her name, the Fiore Mortale. After her Grandfather murdered her parents, she was raised as his pe...
1.3M 29.8K 50
𝑫𝑹𝑢𝑾𝑡𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝑳𝑢𝑢𝑫, Book 1 in 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ‘πŽπ–ππ„πƒ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ a dark enemies-to-lovers gang/mafia romance by 𝐊. πƒπ€π‘πŠ. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’πˆπποΏ½...
782K 24.8K 53
Book 2 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Niccolo De Luca, now 26 years of age and next in line to take over as The Don of the notorious De Luca family Maf...