| Devious Siren | {18+}

By desserenee

(SLOWLY EDITING) "I've always had a feeling it was you, but I was blinded by love to believe it." he says. "... More

Prologue
Playlist
{1} Dal Bons
{2} Guerrilla
{3} Flower
{4} Apartment
{5} Malicious
{6} Canvas
{7} Surrender
{8} Dash
{9} Resentful
{10} Premium
{11} Indulgent
{12} Dangerous
{13} Mayhem
{14} Delusional
{15} Triad
{16} Similar
{17} Tutelage
{18} Experience
{19} Welcome
{20} Beguile
{21} Safe
{22} Dubious
{23} Yearn
{24} Benevolent
{25} Catastrophe
{26} Bizarre
{27} Devine
{28} Details
{29} Addled
{30} Party
{31} Secrets
{32} Agony
{33} Revenge
{34} Collar
{35} Constant
{36} Stolen
{37} Proprietorial
{38} Countless
{39} Homecoming
{40} Odious
{41} Peacemaker
{42} Inadequate
{43} Supervision
{44} Procedure
{46} Disregard
{47} Doyenne
{48} Respite
{49} Actions
{50} Consequences
{51} Inevitable
{52} Ultimatum

{45} Reckless

45 2 0
By desserenee

Luca

(of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.

Night before the auction.

Like every other night before someone big happens, the house is dead quiet.

After showering and getting dressed, I get in bed with Aubrei. Wrapping my arm around her waist, I pull her closer.

She turns over to face me. "Hey."

"Hey." I say back.

"You got in late tonight." She says looking at the time. Last I checked it was almost 3 a.m.

"Yeah, I know you couldn't live without me." I joke and she smacks my arm.

"Cocky bastard." She laughs. "I did miss you, I only saw you at breakfast today and we barely had time to speak to each other."

"I know, that's my fault." I grab her thigh and hook it around my waist.

"You know, I think your love language is physical touch."

"Love language?" I question.

"Yeah, it's your way of showing love." I nod, rubbing my thumb along the side of her neck. "Like you have an unhealthy obsession with my neck." She laughs.

I laugh along with her. "I really do. It's my weakness. You in general, are my weakness."

"Better not let your Dad hear that." She grins showing one of my favorite things.

Her metal retainer.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

Day of the auction.

"Okay everyone, as you know civilians will be present at the establishment, therefore we have to be careful." I say.

"Everyone has their assigned role and knows what to do, yes?" Aubrei asks looking around the room. Courtesies of yes ma'am can be heard. "Messiah?" The young assassin looks up from his phone, with a lollipop hanging from his mouth. Aubrei walks over to him and snatches it from him. "You do remember that you're getting braces in a few days don't you?" He sulks folding his arms. "Do you know what you're supposed to do at the bidding?"

He nods. "Scout a little then go find Ameer or Oliver."

"Good." She walks back over to me grabbing my hand. "So we're all good?" She looks around seeing the soldiers nod. "Okay then let's go."

"Wait!" Ameer yells and everyone turns to see what he has to say. "Shouldn't we walk out with like a saying or something?" The idiot asks.

"Like what?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know, maybe something like. Hail Hydra."Ameer shrugs. He gets smack upside the head by Dal Bon.

And just like that sprits are lifted.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Reign

Walking into the formal event, people who i've only heard about are here.

Messiah's shaking hand grabs mine. "It's too many people here. A lot of them will get hurt." He says quietly after scoping out the place.

"Not if we're careful." I reassure him.

"And if we aren't?"

I sigh. "Then we pay our respects to the ones who lost their lives." He frowns a bit before nodding and walking over to Oliver and Jycobi.

It's harsh to tell a child that but this is the world we live in.

"Did I tell you how good you look?" Luca whispers in my ear as we walk to our designated area.

"You did, but I wouldn't mind hearing it again."

"You look delectable, I could bend—" He's cut off by Nate clearing his throat and nodding his head to the guest walking up to us.

"And as you may know this is my son." Santiago introduces. "And this is my soon to be daughter in law, Aubrei." I mentally roll my eyes at his fake-ness and put on a smile for the man.

"It's good to see you again Luca, and it's nice to meet you, Aubrei." The old man greets.

"You too..." I trail off waiting for his name.

"Matteo Salvatore." He speaks and that name is very familiar.

One of the many i'm supposed to execute along the way.

I can say for him to be in his sixties the man is well put together and handsome. Could easily go for early forties. His only flaw is the giant scar across his neck.

"Amore." Luca pulls me out of my thoughts. I pray I wasn't staring at the man this whole time.

The old man smirks and turns his attention back to Luca. "If you or your fiancé wouldn't mind, my daughter would like to have a word with you. Privately."

Luca, his father, and Salvatore all look at me. I raise my eyebrow in question. "What?"

"Do you mind?" Luca asks.

"Why would I—" He gives me a 'are you sure' look. "Actually I do mind, i'm sure whatever your daughter has to say can be said in front of me." I smile and wrap my arm around Luca's.

Santiago nods in what looks like approval and so does Salvatore. Luca leans down and kisses my forehead. "Good job, baby."

Wait. What?

"I guess you're fit to marry my grandson." The oldest Mancini says. Damn it, how stupid of me to forget that he goes by Salvatore now, his late wife's surname and not his father's anymore. "No hard feelings, right?" He ask holding his hand out. I nod and shake it. I can't believe these motherfuckers were testing me. The two older Mancinis walk off somewhere and I nudge Luca.

"So if I said go ahead what then?" I ask him.

"Then I don't think it would work out for us." He shrugs and I raise my eyebrows in shock. "I'm kidding, amore. Just jokes. It was just a test of faith." I roll my eyes and sit at our table.

"But why?"

"You seen the scar across his neck?" I nod. "Well my grandmother gave him that scar." He says nonchalantly and I swallow nervously. "Long story short, someone asked to speak to my grandfather in private and it turned out to be an old fling of his also his rivals daughter. Grandmother found out, killed the woman and tried to kill him. He says that was her very first kill."

"Well I very much respect your grandmother." He side eyes me and I shrug my shoulders. "Where is she now?" I ask even though I know she's dead.

"She passed away some years ago. Cancer. Or at least I hope it was." He mumbles the last part. I bring his hand to my lips and kiss it. "I'm supposed to do that to you." He smiles.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

About 20 minutes later the bidding starts.

"You know the minute Izan sees his brother or Zoe, everything's going to shit, right?" Luca asks.

"That's what i'm hoping." I wink and he smiles.

"Are you enjoying this mafia life, my love?" He asks with amusement and I shrug.

"Maybe. Is that bad?" I ask.

"Not at all." I smile and he pecks my lips.

~

"Next, we have a very salient USB coming from a anonymous source. It starts at 900,000." The speaker says.

I've heard a little about this USB before. Word around town is that it has secrets on every mafia organization there is. Some say it even holds a drug that can turn a normal person into a living weapon, just like Riley.

I am in awe.

Chase Hill has the original USB, the one that actually does contain secrets. Secrets of OASIS, my people.

"Why are you grinning?" Luca whispers to me.

"No reason." I shake my head.

"Do I hear a two million?" The Spokesman asks. Santiago raises his card, shrugging at Izan. "How about 2.5 million?" Izan raises his card giving Santiago a smug look.

"Might want to be careful, Garrido. We're still only in the beginning hours." Santiago says loud enough for the man to hear him.

"What is that supposed to mean, Mancini?"

"You might find something more compelling, along the way." Santiago brings his glass of champagne to his lips.

"I'm sure whatever it is isn't important as this." Izan says and turns his attention back to the spokesman. "Five million." Santiago whistles and shakes his head.

"Five million, going once, going twice, sold! To, Izan Garrido."

"Well if he didn't know anything before, he sure as hell do now." I say to Luca. "Your father talks a tad bit too much."

"No not a tab bit, a lot." He says downing his glass. "Fottuto idiota." (Fucking dumbass)

An hour passes by and finally we're here.

"Okay, our next lot is...umm." The spokesman turns to look at the photo of Miguel Garrido tied to a chair. "One second we're having a bit of technical difficulties." He speaks nervously.

The room turns spine-chilling quiet.

A harsh 'what the fuck' can be heard coming from Izan. I look at Luca and see a shit-eating grin plastered on his face.

Very psychotic of him.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Luca

"What hijo de puta did this?!" Izan yells walking onto the stage. "When I find you—" The projected picture behind him changes. Zoe is now plastered on the screen. I can't hear him but from the way Izan mouth moves his word is 'wife'. He turns around facing the crowd again, anger is spilling from his body.

I look at Kian as he looks around the still quiet room. He makes eye contact with Izan, and all hell breaks loose when he lifts his card up.

"Kill him." Izan points to Kian.

Gunshots coming from all over can be heard, Nick and Thomas both come our way. I grab Aubrei's hand, giving her a gun. "Take her, now." I say to Nick as two of Garridos men come towards me. Aubrei looks back at me and for a second I wonder why she doesn't fight to stay, like usual.

But that's good, I don't have to hold back.

It's been a while since i've done some damage.

One of the guys points his gun to me, I detach it from his hand and shoot some of the Garridos men with it, then him.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Nate

I dodge every punch that comes my way.

And I put every Garrido that I see in a body bag.

Running to the back of the stage, I find Zoe, trying to fight off Izan at the back door. He sees me coming and holds a gun to her head. And I pull mine out and point it at his.

"Kian." She calls for me.

"Ahh..so you've been whoring around, wife? This puta's cunt is good, I know. But that's not the reason why I need her." He looks at me. "You know nothing about her but you're trying to protect her. What if I told you she was not only my wife but my bodyguard." I lower the gun a bit and look at her. "Yeah she has the dose. The one that's makes men into soldiers." He laughs maniacally. "No one expects a women to be a soldier, right?" Zoe cries as he presses the gun harder against her head.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Kian." She continues to cry and just as i'm about to take the shot. A bullet inserts my shoulder, I look to we're it came from and shoot the guy standing there. Idiot should've aimed for my head.

I look back at Garrido as he tries to force Zoe out the door. She elbows him and removes the gun from his hand, shooting him twice in the head.

Just like that Izan Garrido's monarch is over with.

I look at his body and confirm that he's dead. Zoe silently stares at me, the look in her eyes tells me she's lost. I hold my hand out, waiting for her to grab it. In a instant she connects it with mine.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Reign

That gun held 12 bullets, why did it only have 8 in here.

As i'm out of bullets, I continue to smash the gun into one guys face.

In front of me a Garrido guy is pointing his gun at me but not for me.

"Nick!!" I turn around, seeing the bullet heading straight for him. The bullet lands right above his shoulder skimming him. But that doesn't stop Nick, he picks up the guy and slams him on his neck breaking it. 3 guys come out of nowhere and try to sneak him, I take the blade from my thigh strap and lunge it in the side of that guys neck. Before I could retrieve my knife, my hair is being yanked from behind. A different guy comes and grabs my feet, they both force me into a room. Throwing me on the floor. I look around the room seeing not only these two guys but seven others.

"Izan is going to love what we brought him." One guy says.

"Yeah, but he's not going to love is nine more dead soldiers." I stand to my feet. "You sure you wanna do this?"

"Positive." He charges at me and right as he's about to grab me two shots ring off and a bullet is inserted into his dome.

I look behind me and see Raven.

She's not supposed to be here.

"I think i'm going to throw up." She says and two guys rush her knocking her bright pink gun out her hand.

One guy picks it up and I grab his arm breaking it. I remove the pistol and turn to use it on him but its empty.

What the actual fuck? She only came here with one bullet?

Getting my second blade out of my dress I puncture the front of his neck with it. His blood splatters all over my face and body. Looking over at Raven, she's struggling with the two guys who rushed her. Just when i'm about to help her, my hair is being yanked backwards again. It's pissing me off, I slice whosever hand it is, another guy comes out of nowhere and punches my delicate face. I fall to the ground, still keeping an eye on Raven. I see she's managed to get rid of one of the guys and is still feening off the other.

The guy leans over me and draws his fist back, grabbing his arm, I pull him down and wrap my legs around his head and break his neck. Just in time as the other guy removes my blade from his hand, I grab his hand that holds my blade, twisting his arm I make him stab his self in the chest.

Raven then comes and stands by my side. And I look at the remaining four guys.

"Who's next?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...
782K 24.8K 53
Book 2 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Niccolo De Luca, now 26 years of age and next in line to take over as The Don of the notorious De Luca family Maf...
3.5M 78.8K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...
16.9K 607 52
Seraphine's world around her starts to crumble and fall into the hands of people she calls family. When she thinks everyone is against her, she meets...