The Value of Tears (En- JayWo...

By ENCARMOA96

Jay only values the valuable and that is money and his life but Jungwon is a different story as he values eve... More

Start
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIII pt. 2
XXIII pt. 3
XXIII pt. 4
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII (FINAL)
Bonus Chapter

XI

1.6K 121 71
By ENCARMOA96

Jungwon

This orange stuff is so good. I didnt even know what it is called but the way Jay is looking at me as he ate those round stuff he cooked told me that this orange stuff is not supposed to be eaten like this. How then? Are they suppose to be turned to small cubes. Nevermind, I finished it anyway.

After breakfast, Jay asked me to take a bath which is confusing the moment I entered the shower as they say. I went under the flowing water as I look around.

"Your highness"

What?

I look around and my eyes landed on the floor before I squealed and picked up Maeum. How did he get here? And what is he doing here?

"Hey . . oh good thing you're here . . I'm scared you could be hurt. . where is Eumi?"

I'm afraid they might be the one those merpeople saw instead of me. They could hurt them when they didn't find me.

"I'm sorry, he didn't manage to come with me as his shell is . . you know what I mean, he's outside. . by the way, what are you doing here? With a human?"

"Well I ended up here after escaping the sea. . he helped me, feed me and allowed me to stay here. . he's really nice to me. . "

I mean, it could be a coincidence but Jay, even if he's rude at first, he turned out to be nice and even if he don't smile a true smile, he hasn't hurt me intentionally.

"Does he know you're a mermaid? Or your tears are pearls?"

"I'm not sure. . he don't know I'm a mermaid and he knows about my tears. . he values them so much and I'm happy that I am able to pay him back . ."

I'm still not over the fact that he values my tears that much. It's fine tho, if he treasures them then take it as my payback for him taking care of me in this land.

"Young prince, he could be fooling you . . he could be a bad person . . let's leave . ."

"No . . I can't risk being seen in the sea . . and he's the only person I know and I can trust . I will do anything to survive Maeum. . and I don't care if this human is bad, he didn't hurt me so he's not bad right?"

"But let me assist you so he will not suspect you're a mermaid . . let me help you, ."

"What about Eumi?"

He could be alone and scared.

"Take him too and tell the human that you found a pet, that's what we're called here"

I nodded before I place him on floor again.

"Uhm he asked me to take a bath . ."

"Oh that . . wait, you can't take a bath with your clothes on your highness . ."

Oh?

With that I removed my clothes and I notice something unfamiliar between my legs. I mean, this is my first time to be using this legs and I didn't know humans have this between their legs, it looks weird and feels weird.

"What's this thing?"

"I suggest you won't touch that your highness . . just leave it be . .it is used to pee. . and yeah, just wash"

Ok . . .

After doing so, with Maeum's instructions on the soap, shampoo and other stuff, I finished taking the bath but then my clothes were on the floor and they're soaking wet. Can I still wear them?

"Maeum, what about my clothes?"

"Ok, wear this towel around your waist and go to Jay and say this, "My clothes got wet. I've got nothing to wear". . he can lend you some clothes"

I did as I was told before going to Jay who is currently on the couch with his device on hand.

"Uh. . Jay, my clothes got wet, I've got nothing to wear"

He turned to me before I felt his gaze on my body. I didnt realize I'm half naked making me hug myself but he just smiled.

He went somewhere and when he came back, he had some clothes with him to which he handed to me and I took it before running to the bathroom. Good thing I didn't trip.

When I got inside, I put on the clothes he got me which is actually bigger than me but not too big that I will literally look like I'm wearing a sack. It looks good too, his clothes always look good.

"Do I look ok?"

"Yeah, that's better your highness. . now go, I wonder where you'll be going."

I stepped out the shower and into the living room where Jay was again seated.

"Change of plans, I will head to the city today to speak with my dad. . you come with me. . don't you have shoes?"

I look down on my feet and I wonder what a shoe was. Is it suppose to be something to wear too?

He sighed and stood up before disappearing again and emerging with a pair of something. He place them in front of me before he look at me but I don't know what to do with them.

"What will I do with them?"

He sighed again and took my wrist before I sat on the couch. He took my feet before slipping some cloth on them and then into the shoes thingy. He did the same to the other one and it made my heart flutter. Something that didnt happen since the day that I was born.

I stood up and followed him until we walk towards the exit.

"Your Highness"

I then turn my head and came face to face with Eumi. I scoop him from the sand before secretly slipping him inside the house.

"Maeum is in the bathroom. ."

He nodded before I close the door and thankfully Jay didn't notice my actions as we continue to walk until we reached the side of the sea and I got nervous. What if I got my legs wet?

I stepped back and Jay look at me.

"Come on . . let's go. . you won't get wet if that's what you're thinking"

Phew . .

I hop into this thing then it started to move on the water. Oh I know, this is a boat.

I felt like someone was watching me and indeed, when I look towards the waters, I saw them, the mermen guards who wanted to get me and kill me. They're looking at me making me nervous. How come I forgot, we're still on the sea.

They swan towards us and I felt the boat rock side by side and I saw how Jay and the driver panicked. Although the boat is moving fast, they're using their ability to control the sea to make the boat sink.

I can't let them have me.

I stood up and I know I cannot explain to Jay what I'm about to do but I must or Jay might be harmed. Those guards have their weapons and I know for sure they're no ordinary weapons.

The sea began to be violent and the driver even fell off the boat and into the sea causing the boat to stop. It is still rocking.

"Jungwon hold on--"

I then turn to Jay just in time for him to slip and slid towards the edge of the boat causing his head to hit the hard wood. Blood flow out his forehead and his eyes are closed.

I rushed to him but he's unconscious and the driver was actually being carried by the sea to the shore. They knew only the driver can move this boat.

The guards surrounded the boat as I held Jay who's still bleeding and unconscious. I carefully place him on the floor before I stood up.

I raised my arms before opening my mouth, letting my voice out. I began to hum. The sea began to calm but then, I must fight back. My eyes shone blue and I know they're terrified. They started to loose their balance when the sea is not by their side. Using the water, I gave them hits after hits and using the water to make sharp weapons, wounding the guards one by one.

But then, one of them managed to point their spear towards Jay whom I didn't notice was taken by them.

"Try to move closer I dare you"

I glared at the guard before I smiled. With a flick of my fingers, he was stabbed from the back with the water that I turn into a sharp weapon. One problem turn to another when I saw how he took Jay with him when he sank. I again used the sea to bring him to the surface. I can't risk being seen with my tail.

I took him back as I checked his wound. Placing my hand over it, I close my eyes as I slowly heal the wound. It's not that deep but I'm sure it had a huge impact on Jay as he became unconscious.

He has to wake up or we'll be stuck here as I don't know how to drive this thing. I can't use my powers to move the boat or Jay might be suspicious.

Please wake up .

I stared at his sleeping face and my heart again picked up its pace. I am now seeing him up close and is it possible that he's gotten more and more handsome?

I gently tapped his cheek as I called him out hoping he'll hear me but he's not moving. I unconsciously traced his lips with my fingers feeling how soft it is. I wonder how it will feel on my own. Maeum said that two lips touching each other is a kiss. I always see humans do it beside the sea. I wonder  if. . . .

I slowly leaned in before placing my lips on his soft ones.

The electricity is real and I felt that making me immediately pull away.

________________,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.8K 47
Can you really stay the same, when the worlds ever changing around you? Two years have passed, bringing along a whole new set of struggles. Miscommun...
44.9K 2.7K 12
Book 2 of Café EN- series [Complete] Jay wants him to be more than just his Secretary Main ship💛 *JayWon Side ship💚 *Sunki *Heegene ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ Boyxbo...
5.5K 192 9
Sunoo is in love with one of the more popular boys at school. He believes his love is one sided, but everything changes once an unintentional love le...
32.8K 1.7K 21
When two people with completely different ideal types collide, One swears to never fall in love with the ladder and the other, not being able to take...