The Alpha and His Engineer (B...

By BakuDeku_Writer

( Hero Bakugou x Support course Deku) Izuku Midoriya a quirkless omega whose dream diverted from being a her... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Attack
Chapter 3: The Confession
Chapter 4: The Date
Chapter 5: UA High
Chapter 6: New Schools
Chapter 7: Another Normal Day
Chapter 8: Finding Out
Chapter 9: Katsuki's Birthday
Chapter 10: Suprise
Chapter 11: Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 12: The Sports Festival
Chapter 13: Internship
Chapter 14: The Enemies' Win
Chapter 15: First Term Finals
Chapter 16: Training Camp
Chapter 17: The Rescue
Chapter 18: Izuku's Birthday
Chapter 19: Trouble
Chapter 20: Nightmares
Chapter 21: The Raid
Chapter 22: Welcome
Chapter 23: Suspicion
Chapter 24: Heat
Chapter 25: Christmas
Chapter 27: Finale
Chapter 28: Epilogue

Chapter 26: School Year's End

2.7K 73 26
By BakuDeku_Writer

(Hi everyone ^^ and welcome to chapter 26. So sorry I haven't gotten this out sooner, things just keep popping up. Either way, I hope you're doing great and hope you enjoy!)

Katsuki sat in his seat quietly. Just like the rest of his class, he was counting down the final minutes until the school year ended. The final few months left in the school year went by incredibly fast, if you were to blink, you would've missed them. When the final minute passed and the bell rang, his classmates shot up from their seats cheering. As they rushed out the door Aizawa said, "See you next year you problem-filled children," making everyone who heard it laugh. Deciding to not deal with the hecticness of all the students of UA trying to leave, Katsuki waited in his seat for a few minutes, after the crowd died down he left the classroom quietly.

He dropped his stuff off at his dorm and decided to visit Izuku, Katsuki was excited to rub it in his face that he finally got a break earlier than him. When he arrived he saw Izuku starting on his way home, Katsuki hadn't told him that school ended a few days earlier than him so Izuku assumed that he still had some final schoolwork to do, seeing as Katsuki always had more days until break than he did.

Katsuki sneaked up on the I'm expecting greenette. Standing on Izuku's right, he tapped his left should and smirked. Izuku reacted instinctively to the tap, swirling his head around to his left to see no one. So returned the other way to see someone with a wide smirk starting at him. Startled, Izuku jumped a small squeak escaping his lips.

When Izuku saw that the person was none other than Katsuki, he relaxed and nudged Katsuki's shoulder playfully. "Why'd you do that?" Izuku asked smiling. Katsuki still had a smirk plastered on his face, "Why not," he said dismissively. Izuku nodded before asking one other question. "Why are you even here? Don't you have school tomorrow?" he asked. Katsuki shrugged, "That's why I'm here, just got out of school today," he said triumphantly.

"Lucky," Izuku groaned, "I still have two more days of school plus my presentation is tomorrow." Katsuki clicked his tongue to the room of his mouth, "Good luck." "It's not that bad though, I get to see everyone's final projects," Izuku said, he had been intrigued by his classmate's innovations and why they were created, whether it was "just because" or for a specific reason, he always liked learning about each piece.

"I know you'll do just fine," Katsuki assured. "Besides, you'll have about a month of final detailing until the entrance exam," he added. Izuku nodded, "Even though I know it's going to be stressful, I can't wait, finally being able to show off my innovations to a crowd bigger than a classroom. It both excites and terrifies me," he said.

The couple continued to walk toward the Midoriya household, it wouldn't hurt to spend some time with Izuku along with Inko, as long as he got back to the dorms in time for curfew. When Katsuki was at the nice apartment, he caught up with Inko and helped a panicked Izuku go over his speech one last time, worried he might blank on any of the lines, he made sure to practice it multiple times, even after Katsuki assured him it was fine. Inko watched the boys work and chuckled, the two got along very well and she was glad that Katsuki was the one Izuku chose to stay with.

Time flew by quickly, as it always does in the Midoriya's apartment and before he knew it, the sun was setting, indicating that he had to get back to the dormitory. He sighed, giving Inko a hug and a quick kiss to Izuku he waved goodbye and started on his way back to UA. No one questioned where he'd been, they already knew he had been with Izuku and he liked it that way, he wasn't asked where he'd been, sparing himself the irritation of the question.

Katsuki headed up to his room, he was planning to meet Izuku tomorrow as well, to see how his presentation went. He wanted to get Izuku something for a congratulations present on finally finishing and presenting his invention to the class. Thinking to himself he smirked, he would make some nice katsudon before going over to see him, he knew Izuku would love it. And soon enough he was going to bed, excited for the next day.

Izuku woke up extremely nervous, last time he'd presented something he'd gotten laughed at for its simplicity. Now though he hoped would be better, all he had to do was rely on himself not to throw up from nerves and get through the first half of the day.

Izuku decided to get to school early, giving himself time to make sure everything was fine and then going over his speech one more time. Before he knew it, his class was starting. So, he put his things away and got ready to pay attention in class. He had already finished his finals, they had spent the earlier part of the week on it and so there wasn't much to do in class. The teachers didn't care what people did anyway, so it was a free day. Izuku spent the time listening to music quietly since he had nothing else to do.

Even though it was only a free day, the class felt excruciatingly long, since there was nothing to work on in class everyone just waited, something that makes the class go by extremely slowly.

When lunch ended Izuku started to feel nervous, it was just a countdown until he had to share his project. Izuku watched carefully as the first few pairs presented their projects with confidence making Izuku even more self-conscious, what if he messed up and something went terribly wrong and he made a fool of himself. He took a deep breath telling himself to calm down. 'You only have to see them one more time, then you'll be in UA,' he reassured himself.

Project after project went by, the nervous feeling in his stomach got worse as he continued to wait for his turn. Finally, he was called up to do his presentation. He got up from his seat and walked over to the middle of the room, where everyone had presented their projects.

He took one final step before stopping in the middle. He had decided to wear his project on so he wouldn't have to change them when he got to the front. He looked up to see Ms. Tanaka smiling at him, giving him the little confidence he needed to continue. Taking one final breath, Izuku finally spoke.

"Since the beginning of the school year, I had been thinking of something to do for this project, something that would be amazing and functional as an actual support item. The biggest problem I found is that a lot of heroes have quirks that are amazing in the combat part of the field. However, many of them lack the mobility needed most of the time. So, I've come up with one of many other solutions that have already been created," Izuku started. Once he started talking, the rest started to come easier.

Squatting down he remove his shoes and showed them off. "This is what I came up with," he started showing what looked like his normal pair of shoes. A few snickers were audible at the normal-looking shoes being shown off. Then, he put them on again and continued.

"They may look like a normal pair of shoes but they serve a second purpose." Izuku then jumped, pushing the button he had created at the same time. "Very quickly everything went into play, allowing Izuku to hover in the air." Those snickering were now looking in awe, so far the projects presented had been fairly simple, they had been using techniques learned throughout the class. This, however, exceeded the expectations of everyone, Ms. Tanaka smiled proud of her favorite student.

"By allowing those with less mobility to move around in the air allows for faster back-up and more possible heroes on the scene," Izuku added some additional talk about the design process before shutting off the contraption and returning to his seat. Izuku smiled, with his presentation over, his nerves were cooled and he was proud of himself, nothing had gone wrong and now he could focus on the others' presentations.

Time flew by and before Izuku knew it, there were only a few minutes left in class. With only a few minutes left, everyone started to pack up. Ms. Tanaka looked at the clock, "Since tomorrow is the final day of the school year, we're not going to be doing anything. Just use tomorrow as a start off to break, I'll just show a movie or two," she said making everyone cheer, none of them wanted to do work on the last day of school. (I actually had a teacher last year that gave us work on the last day of school, if we didn't finish it, it was homework -_-)

With that, the bell rang. All of Izuku's classmates ran out into the halls. Instead of following suit, Izuku walked up to Ms. Tanaka first who smiled at him as he approached. "I was wondering if I could bring a friend, their school year just finished so it wouldn't bother them. So, could they come to tomorrow's party too?" Izuku asked. She smiled, "Of course, I'd love to meet one of your friends," as she said that Izuku's face lit up.

"Alright. See you tomorrow," he said, happily walking down the halls. When Izuku got out the door, he wasn't surprised to see Katsuki standing there, arms crossed, waiting for him. Izuku smiled and ran up to him. "Hi Kacchan," Izuku greeted, energy evident in his tone. Katsuki picked up on it, making him as, "What's got you in such a good mood?"

Izuku giggled, "My class gets to have a free day, the subtle party kind. Best of all, you're coming with me," he said. Katsuki chuckled, "Alright, I'll go with you," he said acting as if he had the option to refuse. "Now c'mon," Izuku said, starting to drag Katsuki's arm in the direction of Izuku's home.

Katsuki woke up early, not wanting to be late made it so he couldn't get back to sleep. And so, Katsuki was up, at 4:30 in the morning fully ready for the day. He could've gone down and eaten breakfast but instead, he went out for a run. It was a nice way to cool his nerves, especially since he was going to Izuku's school where he would be surrounded by what in Katsuki's books were "extras." When he heard that Izuku had an end-of-school-year party he wished that's how he spent his final day of school, instead, he spent his day listening to a lecture from Aizawa about not being foolish during the break. After the lecture, they sat there bored, they didn't have anything that they needed to do and weren't allowed to leave the classroom until the end of the day.

Finally, Katsuki walked out of his dorm. He walked out of the dormitory wearing just a sweatshirt, Katsuki regretted that decision very much. It was still pretty cold outside, even though the weather had warmed up since his last break, it was still winter, spring came in a couple of weeks, so it was still very cold outside, especially in the early morning.

His body tensed, reacting to the cold. Then, he started to run, he had done his warmup exercises inside to minimize the time he spent outside, he wasn't a fan of the cold at all. As he ran he warmed up, not a lot but it wasn't nothing. As he ran he started to miss this. Due to the cold outside, Katsuki had stayed inside purposely and so he didn't go out for morning runs.

The run was nice and refreshing, there was still plenty of time until he had to meet up with Izuku. He was frustrated with himself for waking up so early but there wasn't anything he could do about it anymore.

So, he waited for a painstakingly long time. By the time he was heading over to Izuku's home Katsuki was tired, not the greatest thing to be feeling if it was going to be a long day which he knew it was going to be.

"Hi, Kacchan," Izuku said happily. Katsuki smirked "Sure nerd, let's start going before we're late," he said starting to walk off. Izuku snorted, "You know we're leaving earlier than I usually do," he responded as he started to follow Katsuki. "No harm in being early."

As the two approached the school, Izuku grabbed Katsuki's arm and dragged him away. "Since we have plenty of extra time I'll show you the area around my school, then I can show you the interior," he said. Katsuki sighed and asked, "Where are we starting?" Izuku smiled wider, "Glad you asked c'mon!"

After a long tour, the two entered the building. As they made their way down the hallway Izuku started to ramble. "I told you we'd be fine on time. Even after showing you everything we're still going to make it to class early," Izuku said, continuing on his train of thought, changing the topic completely.

As Izuku continued rambling to himself rather than Katsuki, Katsuki looked around. The hallways were like any school morning, with friend groups hanging around in the halls rather than going to their respective classes. He did find it strange that sometimes he'd catch them giving him (or Izuku, he couldn't tell) a second glance.

Katsuki tried to ignore it but it kept bothering him. He scowled at all of the "extras" around him, spotting one familiar face, Kouta, who quickly looked away nervously. This caused him to get curious, so, he stared at Kouta. That was until Izuku snapped him out of his thoughts. "Don't you agree?"

"Sure," Katsuki said focussing back on Izuku. The two turned one final time before Izuku stopped in front of one of the doors. "Here we are," he said walking through the already open door.

Katsuki surveyed the room, it was a fairly generic classroom with rows of desks, the only difference was the door leading to the tech room. "This is my classroom," Izuku started to show Katsuki around. There wasn't much to show but Izuku still walked around the classroom talking about anything he could think of.

"And finally, the best part of the classroom, the tech area!" Izuku said excitedly. Katsuki looked into the second room, it was spacious. There were about 15 tables in the room, some looked more used than others. The lights were already on so he could see it clearly, many tables lined two of the walls, then there was one in the middle and one that looked to be the teacher's desk.

Izuku led Katsuki toward one of the tables, this one seemed to be much more used than the others, it was a chaotic mess. "This is my table," Izuku said proudly, he was proud of the work he'd done at this table and was glad to finally be able to share where he worked with Katsuki.

"Is this the friend you were talking about Izuku?" a woman's voice came from the other side of the room. Izuku turned around and smiled, "Hi Tanaka-Sensei!" he said dragging Katsuki over to her.

"Kacchan, this is my teacher Tanaka-Sensei, Tanaka-Sensei, meet Kacchan," Izuku introduced the two. Katsuki looked at Ms.Tanaka and recognized her, she was the woman demanding to know where Izuku was during the incident with the League of Villains. Katsuki bowed in greeting, "Nice to meet you," he said, Ms.Tanaka smiled.

"Likewise," Ms.Tanaka said returning the greeting. "She was the one that allowed me to do all of the stuff I was able to do," Izuku said. Katsuki nodded, he had heard the name before and how she had helped Izuku but didn't have a face to attach it to until now. Tanaka looked at Katsuki and said, "Oh, I've seen you before."

Katsuki nodded, "Yeah, I was one of the people that was supposed to arrive before incidents like what happened with Deku here don't happen," Katsuki explained. "Oh, I didn't realize that was you. No, I was talking about something different," she said.

Izuku pulled out his phone and brought up a video of Katsuki during the Sports Festival. "Like this?" Izuku asked, handing over his phone for his teacher to inspect the recording. "Yeah, I knew you looked like that guy, the one who makes explosions. The one who's in the UA hero course," Ms.Tanaka said giving Izuku his phone back.

That's because he is," Izuku said proudly. "Yeah, that's me," Katsuki responded in an uninterested tone. "Oh come on Kacchan, you were so cool," Izuku said. Katsuki shrugged, "Could do better." Izuku scoffed, "So you're telling me that winning the UA Sports Festival isn't a big deal. Sure it was a while ago, almost a whole school year ago even but you can't just shrug it off. There are only 3 people a year to get that privilege. 3!"

"Alright fine. That doesn't mean I can't do better now," Katsuki responded. Ms.Tanaka watched the two argue and smiled, she hadn't ever seen Izuku talking with anyone before, other than his teachers. It was nice to see him having fun talking with others than just being engrossed in the project he was working on.

As the couple continued to debate Katsuki's skill, the time before class started continued to dwindle. "Izuku, you better get to your seat before the bells rings, there's only a couple of minutes left before class," Ms.Tanaka said, Izuku looked at the time and bolted out of the tech room and went to sit down.

Katsuki went to join him but was stopped. "I'll introduce you to the class later. For now, just stay in here," Ms.Tanaka said. Katsuki nodded and took a seat on one of the stools in the room. Ms.Tanaka left the room.

"Good morning class, hope you're enjoying the final day before break," She said, most of the class groaned, the last day of school was never fun, even if you did fun activities. Ms.Tanaka took attendance, about half of the class wasn't there which was understandable, it was the last day before school ended after all.

"Alright, we'll be going into the tech room now, go find your seat and get ready to watch, I'll see if I can get snacks later," Ms.Tanaka said. The whole class bolted toward the door, Izuku stood up slowly, waiting for the chaos by the entrance to die down. Once it did, he walked into the room and over to his table where he saw Katsuki already sitting there.

"Hey Kacchan," Izuku said as he walked up, taking the other seat next to Katsuki. Katsuki scoffed, "I just saw you a few minutes ago," he said. Izuku looked at him confused, "So, I'm just saying hi." Katsuki nodded, "Your class looks like it's full of extras," he said and Izuku giggled, "That's also what you said about your class at the beginning of the year." Katsuki shrugged, "Some of my classmates are less of an extra than others."

"Hey, who's that?" one of the students from a nearby table asked, he was staring at Katsuki confused, he wasn't a student in their class. "Yeah," his table partner agreed, surveying the two. Ms.Tanaka turned to see that they were referring to Katsuki. "Oh yeah, Izuku brought one of his friends today. Everyone, meet Katsuki Bakugou." Katsuki clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

Izuku's classmates looked at each other, the room was soon filled with whispers, who knew that whispering could get so loud. "Shut up," Katsuki yelled causing everyone to grow quiet. He grumbled to himself, he knew now that Izuku's classmates were in fact extras, just like in middle school. "I'm gonna be glad when you never have to go here again," he said to Izuku who laughed, "It's not that bad Kacchan."

Katsuki shook his head, "Doesn't look that way to me," Izuku smiled, "To be fair, you are surrounded by Japan's most disciplined students." Katsuki shrugged, "Doesn't mean that some of them aren't still extras." Izuku sighed, "There's no reasoning when it comes to the topic of calling people "extras" is there." Katsuki nodded, "I guess not."

Ms.Tanaka started the movie soon after, no one paid attention to it though, they were too interested in their own conversations to care about the movie. Although Izuku and Katsuki spent their time conversing, Izuku still focused on the movie. It wasn't anything special, it would have been better if it had been an All Might movie but Izuku still enjoyed watching it.

The day was quite relaxing, no work needed to be done, just a nice time talking with friends. Katsuki had a good time, after glaring daggers into people they finally left him alone, leaving him and Izuku to hang out just the two of them. Izuku enjoyed his day too, after a while he too ignored the movie to talk with Katsuki, the day was much more with Katsuki, he was glad he invited him.

Izuku smiled as he and Katsuki exited the school. "Good riddance," Katsuki said, if everything went well (which Katsuki knew it would), Izuku would be walking with him to UA, which he was very much looking forward to. It'd be much better than having to drop Izuku off at a completely different school.

"I liked it here," Izuku said with a frown on his face. After they started to walk back to the Midoriya household, Katsuki spotted Kouta alone. "Yeah yeah, I gotta do something real quick, I'll catch up with you," Katsuki said. Izuku sighed, "Okay," he said and started to walk very slowly.

Katsuki walked over to Kouta, once Kouta saw who was walking over to him he started to worry. By the way Kouta had glanced away from Katsuki earlier that day, it was clear he hadn't kept up on his arrangement and Izuku just didn't tell him what was going on. What Kouta saw was Katsuki glaring at him with killing intent, something that was unnerving to see.

"What'd you do ha?" Katsuki asked angrily as he stomped over to Kouta. "I don't know what you're talking about," he responded, not pulling off the lie well. "Bullshit," Katsuki shouted almost immediately, as he talked, he continued to get closer to Kouta until he was grabbing him by the collar.

"Now I'll ask again. What. Happened." Kouta put his hands up, "Just what I had done earlier," he said practically cowering. "What the actual fuck," he said looking instead of his killing intent, beating the shit out of him. Katsuki raised his hand to strike when he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone to see a message from Izuku.

The text wrote "Kacchan, you're taking too long. Where are you?" Katsuki clicked his tongue, responding with "Heading over now" before lowering his attacking stance. "You got off this time but if I ever see you again, you're dead meat," Katsuki said turning to walk away. Not before raising his left arm to flip Kouta off. Then, Katsuki left to meet up with Izuku again, leaving a very shocked Kouta.

Katsuki caught up to Izuku quickly. "Sorry, got caught up in something," Katsuki said walking next to Izuku. "What were you caught up in?" Izuku asked curiously. "Nothing," Katsuki said with a smirk, Izuku could tell it wasn't nothing by Katsuki's smirk but sighed and changed the subject.

As Izuku and Katsuki neared his home, they made a plan, once both of them were capable, they would meet up. It would take a couple of days for Katsuki to get a guest pass for Izuku to be allowed onto UA caps again. So, the two parted ways, excited for when they would see each other next.

Izuku headed over to UA, it had been two days since the class party on his last day of school and Izuku was finally able to see Katsuki again. He had made alterations to his project so that he could make it even better than what was presented during his class. Izuku wanted his tech to be perfect, for when he presented it in a week and a half. Izuku walked up to the main gates and smiled, Katsuki was waiting for him at the gate. "Hey Kacchan," Izuku said tunning up to Katsuki.

"Here's your guest pass," Katsuki said giving him the item he needed to get onto the campus. "Thanks," Izuku said taking the pass and walking through the school gates. "Are we going to the gym again," Izuku asked ready to start working inside. "No, we get to use the field today," Katsuki said, leading Izuku to where the track is. "Do you need to put it on," Katsuki asked pointing to the red shoes that Izuku was holding.

"Yeah, give me a minute," he said, taking off his shoes and putting on the other ones. "Alright, I'm ready," Izuku said happily.

Izuku pressed the button that he had hooked up with the tech, "System engaged," the tech responded in a robotic voice. As the robotic voice started, the shoe soles unraveled to reveal his tech, boosting him up a few feet in the air. "I already see you've made some improvements," Katsuki said looking at the build with satisfaction.

"Thanks," Izuku said happily as he started to fly around on it. "Race you," Izuku said starting to move away from Katsuki who smirked. Katsuki immediately blasted his way over to Izuku who in turn giggled at their playful race. Katsuki then grabbed onto Izuku, "Gotcha," Katsuki said confidently before they returned to the ground.

Once landed, Izuku continued on slight alterations, thanks to Katsuki's advice and ideas, Izuku was able to make and start on more alterations.

Throughout the week, Izuku came to UA, everyday spending quality time with Katsuki, occasionally his classmates would also come by to see what they were doing. By the time the week and a half was over, Izuku had made many small improvements making the tech less clunky.

Eventually, the time came, Katsuki was there in front of the 2nd year door with Izuku since he had to stay on campus. "You'll do fine, academics has never been a struggle for you. Just go in there and do your best," Katsuki assured him.

Izuku took one final breath, "Yeah, you're right." Izuku gave Katsuki one final hug before disappearing through the UA hallway. He would complete the written exam and present his tech afterward, if he did well, he'd get in. No matter how nervous he was, he was still extremely excited for the opportunities that lay behind the final four before his examination began. He gave took another deep breath to calm his nerves and walked through the door.

(And that's chapter. I know it's been far too long and I apologize. I also am sorry for the grammatical errors, I told myself I'd get it out today, and here I am. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.2K 32
My name is Y/N, I'm 17 years old and my family is a fucking ass to me. One day I got tired of it, I was so sweet, so nice, and so innocent but they c...
609K 37K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 48.8K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
102K 2.1K 10
Bakugo gets accused of being the UA traitor. How will the class react? The story begins towards the end of their first year after the Nine and overha...