(OLD) Devil May Cry: Titanoma...

By J_deano_118

This is probably the most pivotal year of my life so far. The final battle is approaching, we're at a disadva... More

Child of Flame (Prologue)
Child of Flame (Chapter 1)
Child of Flame (Chapter 2)
Child of Flame (Chapter 4)
Child of Flame (Chapter 5)
Child of Flame (Chapter 6)
Child of Flame (Chapter 7)
Child of Flame (Chapter 8)
Child of Flame (Chapter 9)
Child of Flame (Chapter 10)
Child of Flame (Chapter 11)
Child of Fate (Chapter 12)
Child of Flame (Chapter 13)
Child of Flame (Chapter 14)
Child of Flame (Chapter 15)
Child of Flame (Epilogue)
Optional Things

Child of Flame (Chapter 3)

44 1 0
By J_deano_118

Chapter 3:

The Demon Gods Warden - Sovereign

Yippee... Another dream. This time Arkham and Kronos were talking in the inner workings of a newsroom.

"Curse that Child of Hestia!" Kronos exclaimed, "To think he'd pick up on our spy so quickly!"

I recognise that News Anchor; it's Bob Barbes.

Kronos turned to Bob, "Can you survey the city?"

Bob sat down at his desk. "Of course I can." he said, in his happy news anchor voice, "It's not like I've been spreading hate propaganda for The Hunters without people believing me."

Kronos chuckled, "That's what I like about you, Sovereign." Kronos said, "You're too good at your job."

"Well," Sovereign said, "I am Bob Barbes. Just doing God's work."

Thankfully it was short. I woke up to a ghost in the living room.

"I must admit," The ghost said, "I wasn't expecting Dante to have two children. Let alone be my true heir."

"Wait," I said, "Grandpa?"

The ghost chuckled, "Correct." he said, "I am Sparda. The Legendary Dark Knight, The Last General of Rome and The Household Ghost of The Second Cohort. Hello Lux."

"Hi." I said, more or less speechless, because this was my grandfather, the same hero that defeated Mundus all those years ago. "I - um - I beat Mundus."

Grandpa smiled, "So I heard from Hestia." Grandpa said, "That and you said hello to my wife."

"She's nice." I admitted, "Granny Eva. She told me everything I needed to know on how to save Dad and Vergil."

"Good." Grandpa replied, he then looked at the stairs to see Legera downstairs in combat gear. "Granddaughter. Best you see your brother off."

"I'm gonna." Legera said, "Don't worry Gramps."

"Good luck to you both." Grandpa said, before we walked out the door.

Legera and I walked through the barracks. Many were surprised to see me walking and talking with Legera. (turns out, Legera never kept close around many people, unless they were in her cohort, were friends with Reyna or Jason or they were Jason). But many were looking at me and whispering about me being her brother, how I looked like I've been fighting a lot or how I looked more militant than Legera. We kept walking until some scrawny guy with blonde hair and beanie babies strapped to his waist.

"Octavian." Legerasaid, with zero enthusiasm.

"Dear Legera," Octavian said, "Who would this boy be?"

"Champion of Diana, Son of Vesta, Legacy of Sparda and somebody who's been fighting as you've been in the legion." I replied, "Also I'm her twin brother."

Octavin looked at me like he was sizing me up. "I would not dare let somebody as unroman as you into the legion."

Legera stepped forward, "Augar, as Senator and General of The Second Cohort, along with confirmation of Reyna, our Praetor. Lux Redgrave has been assigned as my covering Senator and General under any time of my absence. Now you'd be wise to go back to Jupiter Optimus Maximus, wouldn't you?"

Octavian backed away, "When I become Praetor," Octavian snarled, "I'll see to that being overruled."

Octavian walked away.

"Who the hell?" I asked,

"A guy who doesn't understand that I'm gay." Legera replied,

"Thought so." I said, "So who do you like?" Legera looked at me like she wanted to murder me. "I'm kidding. I already know and your secret is safe with me sis."

"Right back at you."

We continued until we arrived at a Hearth. Legera had special permission from Mom to escort me through with all my weapons into the city.

"Will this do?" She asked,

"It'll do nicely." I replied, "Now, are you sure Zoë is gonna be at Oakland Lake with the rest of The Hunters?" Legera nodded, "Okay then." I walked up to The Hearth. "And if you do end up taking time off, I'll gladly fill in for you."

I closed my eyes and used the flames of the Hearth to fire travel to Oakland Lake. It was peaceful, since it was early in the morning. No sign of The Hunters yet. So I guess I could chill here for now.

After a few minutes, I began to overhear a lot of voices, female voices.

"Very risky to meet up here." Zoë said, approaching me.

"Had no choice." I admitted, standing up, "Though it's good to see you again." I turned and looked at the Hunters, there were around twenty new faces, "You've been busy."

Zoë nodded, "This year was essentially an all hands on deck for us."

"Gathered that."

Zoë patted me on the shoulder and then called for Bianca. Bianca looked stronger, a lot more confident in herself.

"So you two are going to save The Sons of Sparda?" Zoë asked,

I nodded, "On the way though, we need to deal with Kronos's surveillance." I admitted, "Bob Barbes is a demon called Sovereign."

Zoë raised an eyebrow, "Sovereign must be using a mortal anchor also. Then you two should treat this like you're going to assassinate him."

Bianca and I both nodded and began to walk off to the Raptor News Network tower. We talked about some minor things, how our years were, what we got up to, all that stuff.

"How's Nico been?" Bianca asked,

"He's been doing pretty good at the guild to my knowledge." I replied, "Playing Mythomagic, learning to play DnD. He's been having a blast, plus he's had some pretty good training."

"I'm glad to hear." Bianca said, "So what's the deal with Bob Barbes."

I pointed at a tv screen showing a Raptor News Network broadcast. Bob was talking about the recent disappearance of Kyle Ryder (Mundus's mortal anchor).

"Bob Barbes is the mortal anchor for The Demon World's Warden, amply known as Sovereign." I explained, "He's the last piece of surveillance Kronos has. The spy is on our side properly."

"Who's the spy?"

"Silena Beauregard, Daughter of Aphrodite." I said, "Luke did the same thing Heracles did to Zoë Nightshade."

"Manipulate, lie and blackmail her to the point that she might join The Hunters?" Bianca asked,

"He blackmailed her boyfriend, then her boyfriend died." I said, "I doubt she'll join The Hunters."

Bianca looked confused, "Which boy would be genuinely caring to her?"

"You're looking at him." I said, "Now then," I pointed to the Raptor News Network tower. "That's where we're going, could I borrow The Yamato for a second?"

Bianca handed me The Yamato without any complaint. I then unsheathed the blade and then slashed downwards and long ways. A portal opened. I then sheathed the blade and gave it back to Bianca.

"Let's go." I said,

"Lead the way." Bianca replied.

We walked through the portal and ended up in a janitor's closet. When we opened the door, oh thank gods I did that correctly, we were on the ground floor of Raptor News Network.

"So what now?" Bianca asked,

I offered Bianca Wrath and Hatred. "You're gonna need these."

"Lux, I'm a hunter, I don't use guns."

"We're going up against Demons only." I said, "You need more than a bow."

Bianca shook her head, "I'll be fine," she said, "Just cover me with who I can't take down."

I sighed, "Okay, let's do this."

I kicked the door down and then shot two demons that were disguising themselves as humans thanks to the mist.

"SPARDA!" yelled one of the demons.

"Show time!"

Bianca and I began to stand back to back and began open fire at the horde of demons that surrounded us.

"Where are we going?" Bianca asked,

"Top floor." I replied, "Follow me!"

Bianca and I both began to run to the stairs and made our way up the tower. We fought as little demons as possible until we made our way to the top floor. We ran for around twenty minutes, hiding and sneaking past demons until we entered the Newsroom. Sovereign was sitting there, like he was waiting for us.

"If I may ask," Sovereign said, "What do you think you two can do to me?"

I shrugged, "I did beat down your master."

Sovereign nodded, "True," Sovereign stood up and looked at Bianca and I, "Then I guess I shouldn't hold back."

The room began to shake and distort, Bob's body seemingly grew and became transparent, his face looked like a physical hologram.

A screen appeared before him, it was him, still sitting at his desk.

"Now, if you were to ask me," He said, "I don't believe in god, any god. So these Hunters shouldn't with religious exemption, they're terrorists. Especially the self proclaimed Daughter of Hades, Bianca Di Angelo. Who has been conspiring with the Satanic extremist, Lux Redgrave. While we cannot determine the whereabouts of The Hunters of Artemis. Bianca and Lux are cornered and will be apprehended. This is Bob Barbes," The screen dissolved and then his physically digital face leaned in and got in our faces, "JUST DOING GOD'S WORK!"

Bianca and I drew our weapons, ready to fight. The screen showing Bob's normal face appeared again.

"We're gonna take you off the air." Bianca said, readying her bow.

"You think so?" Sovereign asked, "I wouldn't bet on it. You little shit."

Bob began to release bursts of neon energy. We evaded quickly and we began to attack Sovereign's 'face'. But we didn't even make him flinch.

"Fuck." I said.

"Accurate." Bianca replied, "Zoë taught me to look at where an enemy is drawing power from."

"Got it." I replied, "Hunter's Instinct!"

I used Hunter's Instinct to see how Sovereign was unleashing his attacks from. I then looked at the room we were in, circular. Then it struck me; there were six small circles in the room that were glowing.

"Cover me." I said,

"Got it." Bianca replied, launching arrows in Sovereign's direction.

I ran to one of the small circles and jumped up, Goliath already summoned.

"Darkslayer!" I then slammed my fist down on the circle, the power seemed to dissipate and it was then it seemed like Sovereign was taking damage.

"I don't know what you did." Bianca said, "But keep doing it."

"Noted."

Sovereign turned to me, "Get back here you little emo punk."

"I prefer goth, thank you!"

The cycle repeated, we dodged waves of neon, each more wild than the last, until we were up until the last circle. Where I was pushed by a light blue force.

"Nelo Angelo." Bianca said.

"Vergil." I pleaded, "If you're still in there. Why the fuck are you letting a clown control you. We have The Yamato. You said you were power, absolute power. Yet you're being controlled like a weakling!"

Nelo Angelo began to grip his head, Vergil was fighting back harder than ever. He roared in agony, until he slammed his fist onto the circle with what demon demon energy Vergil could muster.

"Bianca!" I exclaimed, "The Yamato! Now!"

Bianca slid Yamato towards me. I picked it up and impaled Vergil with it. Nelo Angelo dissipated and burst into pieces.

The room returned to normal. Vergil stood there and slid his hair back, he looked around, then to me.

"You are Dante's boy." He said, looking at his hand, "No nightmares, no trauma this time." He then pulled The Yamato out of his chest. "I see, my power was returned to me." He looked at both me and Bianca. "You two don't look too strong." He then walked up to Sovereign, "Yet you were able to coordinate with each other."

"You cannot win." Sovereign said, "Typhon is released, Kronos will raid New York and storm Olympus. I did God's work."

I pointed a reloaded Wrath at Sovereigns head. "Breaking news, you're canceled."

I pulled the trigger and then Bob's corpse fell to the ground.

I turned to Vergil, "Where's my father?"

Vergil shrugged, "Why should I tell you?"

"Probably because you owe him." Bianca said, "I don't know anything about your relationship with your brother, but leave him out of it."

Vergil scowled at Bianca, "Who are you to tell me what to do?"

A darkness swirled behind Bianca and began to envelop part of the room, "My name is Bianca Di Angelo, Hunter of Artemis and Daughter of Hades. I protected your sword until we could find a way to free you and your brother."

Vergil nodded and raised her hand, Bianca calmed down. Vergil turned to me again.

"You've made powerful friends." Vergil said, "I can respect that. And you went toe-to-toe with me."

"I was dying too."

"Well then that settles it." Vergil continued, "I believe you've proven your power." He drew The Yamato and opened a portal. "You'll need to go to The Underworld. Dante shall be there to surprise two demigods in particular. I believe they're Percy Jackson and Nico Di Angelo, you should be quick."

"Then we need to move." Bianca said, running through the portal with no hesitation.

Vergil stopped me "What gives you strength?"

"That's simple." I showed Vergil the golden bracelet that Calypso gave me. "I fight because I have something to protect. I chose to pick up a gun and pull the trigger. I don't really care what happens to me. Because I know losing the people I care about hurts more than dying."

Vergil began to walk out the room, "Then get stronger through that."

I proceeded to walk through the portal. Hang on Dad, I'm on my way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.2K 21
『𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐔』 Fates pave the way of life and Destiny hums its own melody as it runs its course. But this tandem is bound to conflict, is it n...
4.3K 19 65
So this was originally just gonna be Percy gets trained but ADHD is crazy and gave me so many plot points that I just had to write it like I am, all...
15.9K 701 40
S̷̠͈̖̭͖͋̍̾̓͐̽̆͑̈́̾ͅt̸̥̼̣̗̳̋̏̔̽̎́ă̵̎͘y̸̭̮̖͌̓̈́̔͛͛͝͝ ̸̨̛̝͎͗͗̒͒̀̆̎͐͘w̴̗̜̯̫̙͕͈̮̺͑̒̏͛͝ĩ̸̹̲͉̾͊̓̂͂͝t̶̨͔̲̺̖̥̼̦̥͓̽h̸̢̨̰̰̙͚̗̰̎̎̉̎̚͝ ̸͓̙̞͉̤̤̟̠̑͘͜ͅm̸̞̬̉͐̔̐̂̒̽̚͝͠...
5.4K 261 14
With camp itself in danger, (Y/N) must undertake his toughest journey yet.