MY SOUL'S HITMAN

By EstherBassey217

Martha amasses only one thought since she was a child.Whilist other children had dreams of becoming high stan... More

My Fantasy
A Bash to remember!
Set me on fire
Hard Choice made

Where it all began....

61 7 5
By EstherBassey217

"Honey, we are leaving. Come downstairs so we can have breakfast. Be quick darling".

I stretch my hands towards my alarm clock and the time reads" 6.30 am". I mean who wakes up at this time of the day to leave their only kid at home and go for some business trips? That would only be my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Brown. The only selfish parents alive on the planet.

My parents are so bad at parenting. All they care about is their wealth and power in the society. I may possess everything I want and need as a child but my parents care, love, and support? Something that I hate to think about. However, there's nothing I can do in that regard because it's in their DNA and can't be screened out. I wonder who paired them together in holy matrimony. That pastor or reverend committed the worst mistake ever in history. Huh!

Friday is a non-negotiable day for bullies all around the college. I dread Fridays and wish it was erased from the calendar till I'm out of college. It's a day I feel so reluctant to get up from bed and do what I need to do for the day. It's a day I get most tired and stressed out.

I got bullied because I didn't have friends in college. They call me all sorts of names. Is it a crime to stay without friends? Well, it is in my college. Plus the course I picked, is some weird ass course which causes stare for my kind of person. Psychology. Who the hell studies this? Only a weirdo.

Soon I hear a buzz on my phone. "Who calls people so early in the day?". I say under my breath, stretching toward my phone which is laid out across my reading lamp. I pick up the phone and it's an unusual caller or should I say annoying caller?

"It's Josh. Such ill luck on a day like this. Why is he calling me this early? Eww. Is there any good tale on Fridays?".

"Hello, Mat. Good morning". A voice came from the other end.

There I was looking disgustingly into my screen and forgot to reply to the salutations from the nincompoop.

" Hello, Martha. Are you there? "

"Yeah, hello Josh". I managed not to sound rude.

" I'm sorry did I trouble your sleep?".

"Obviously. What is the matter, Josh?". I say without any enthusiasm.

" Oh wow. I'm sorry for waking you up so early. Do you have any lectures today?".

"Yeah, I do. What's up?".

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to ask if you'll do me the honors of accompanying me for Durella's birthday bash. It will be fun going with you. Please, Martha".

" Josh, I don't attend parties. I've told you countless times that I prefer my company so I'm sorry I can't come with you. I don't want anyone making jest of me. So go have fun and I'll be here".

" Hey, Mat. Please don't be like this.......

"Josh, I guess that would be all. Take care and bye for now". Then I hit the red button. Pathetic son of the earth.

I wonder why I wasn't rude to Josh. I don't know why I don't like him or maybe it's because he isn't the one I love. Regardless, Josh is a very cute boy. With his skin as dark as my favorite chocolate cream. He has the cutest little eyes ever. Ferdinand's eyes are damn cute but not as little as Josh's. Josh is very intelligent, smart, and a great conversationalist. But I have a better option and wouldn't go south on my decision.

Oops, I just let the cat out of the bag. I'll tell you more about Ferdinand who has struck my heart.

I would have loved to attend the bash but I don't want to be bullied by those gangsters. Plus I don't want to feel lost in the crowd. Maybe I should go have fun. It won't hurt especially now that my parents would be out of town. Or I may as well organize a party in my house but who's going to attend as I got no friends. Ugh! Ain't I so pathetic and lonely? Maybe not.

I hate when Mom and Dad pretend to love and care for me by showing it at breakfast and then they are off for another "business adventure". I hate the pretense. Could they quit pretending and earn some $100 bill?

One of my worst days is having to wake up to their irresponsible and fibbing tones, seeking to give the love and attention they can't afford.

Most times, I wake up hating my parents or should I say bearing their name feels like a bane to my bones. Well, I'd have to shield some realness and pretend cause nobody cares last I checked. Except for him. Yeah, I'm making exceptions.

" Mat, get off the sheets now. It's time for breakfast. You could go back to your sleep when we are done having breakfast. You know it's always special. Come on, kiddo we are waiting. Dad finally speaks up.

"Special my ass. I fucking hate you guys. I wish you could hear me." I scream bitterly.

I get down from my bunk with a grunt, rubbing my eyes off the debris from last night. I sluggishly wear my floppy slippers and my night jacket. My hair is in a terrible mess but I care less. I can't be looking my best for people who ain't impressing me with their parental act.

I don't know how to do breakfast without my phone as I've grown addicted to devices all thanks to my parents. So I pick up my iPhone and AirPods and head out of the room.

I am particularly upset because of the turnout of events their lack of good parental skills has caused me. I've become a symbol of jest to other students. Everyone knows my parents are sticking rich but I lack love and yeah self-esteem. So permit me to unleash my anger when I want to. Thanks.

My playlist had the best jams you could ever think of and I could zone off to the great beyond driving through my playlist.

It's still morning so I don't have to sound or look suicidal like Billy Ellish, even when my situation calls for it sometimes. Yeah, so I choose Freaky Friday by Lil Dicky ft Chris Brown. Because it's a freaky Friday and it's Ferdinand's best.

My parents smile as they see me through the glass door leading to the dining room.

Dad whispers something to Mom but I don't give two fucks if it's about me or not.

The conversation is so deep that they eventually lock their lips together. Ewww, that's so gross. They are so deep into the act that they don't notice when I come down the stairs and sit right next to them, watching them for some good seconds.

"You shouldn't have yelled for breakfast when this was your initial plan. Good morning Dad, good morning Mom". I say after some seconds. I let off a chuckle to make Mom feel embarrassed. I could be evil. *Evil laughter*.

"Oh, darling. How long have you been here."Mom says shyly.

" So long that you didn't see me coming". I let off the evil laugh again and this caused a stare between the couple.

I leave them in their admiration exercise while I fiddle with my phone awaiting the maid to bring the food to the table. My favorite app aside from the Audiomack is TikTok. I mean I love creatives and I wish I could do all the crazy stuff they do but no, that's a hard pass for me.

Finally, Dad broke the silence.

"Mat, we are leaving for Berlin in the next 2 hours. Our flight is at 10 am. We will be back before you know it. Just try to take care of yourself alright, darling?".

I was busy mouthing his next words while he called my attention from my dear TikTok.

I mean wasn't that the obvious? Why repeat what's already a fact?

"I heard you, Dad. I'm good so bother less about me." I say still surfing through TikTok and giving a nod to what I see on the screen. I act unconcerned because I can't pretend especially in front of them. Not when I know they are about being cruel to their only seed.

"Baby, we are sorry. We are only fighting this hard for your good, darling. We will surely get us......

" the best lives we always wish for, especially spending time together. Mom and Dad love you, honey." I help Mom complete her sentence and I see a frown on her face but I don't droop.

I guess they are surprised. I don't think it's important. I'm not dumb. They have been saying the same words for as long as I can remember.

"Where is Raliza? Isn't breakfast ready yet 'cause I'm famished?" I ask still on my phone.

"Raliza....." they scream in unison

"On my way ma'am.". She answers from the kitchen.

While I pay them no attention, Mom breaks the silence this time.

" When was the last time you spoke with your cousin, Ferdinand?"

At the sound of the name, I suddenly stop fiddling with my phone and become very subtle and cool. That name knows how to tame the wildest animal alive.

They notice my sudden shift in moods and stare at each other.

"I haven't spoken to him in a while. Let's say in the last 48 hours. He said he had a case he was working on so I gave him the space he needed. Hope he's fine?". I enquired.

"That fine young man is making this family proud. I bet he is fine though. Has he said anything about returning home yet?". Mom asks

"He has no plans of returning home yet. He still has work to do back in Australia. But I hope he returns soon enough".

" That's good. I like how you guys became so close within a twinkle of the eye. I'm so proud of you". Mom says.

"Thank you, Mom".

I start smiling sheepishly while playing with my food, spaghetti and vegetable sauce.

Mom and Dad stare for a while, then continue on their meal. It's not new that I'm so fond of my cousin, Ferdinand. Even my dog, Ros, knows we love each other.

Ouch, yeah Ferdinand is my cousin and he is my Soul's hitman.

My family is one of the families that hate the idea of good table manners. At every opportunity they get, they try to have a conversation during meals. Yet, that's not what I want. I'm not much of a talker except I'm with Ferd. I don't mean to be rude but he's the only one I could talk for hours with and still feel comfortable.

"So darling, do you have any lectures today?". Dad enquires while digging into his plates.

" Yes, Dad. I have two lectures today. Reversed Psychology and Anthropology". I answered face up, coiling some strands on my fork.

"That's good. How's college coming for you?
What's been happening? How's Mr. Chun? I was supposed to have a drink with him and discuss some official stuff with him this Wednesday but we won't be available. I trust he's doing well nonetheless.

You know no matter what happens you need to brace up so you'll take your place in the empire when I and your mother are retired. Try yourself to win at all costs. Do I have myself clear?".

" Yes, sir".

"That's good".

"Honey, we need to get going. Take care of yourself. Study. Have fun and be a good girl. Always remember that we love you so much". My mom says standing up. She gets to my seat and kisses me on my cheeks. Dad does the same too.

" Raliza, bring the luggage. We are leaving".

The maid comes down with the luggage. Mom and Dad get into the Range Rover and they drive off waving till they are out of sight.

I need to prepare for class.

"Raliza, please prepare my bath. I need to get to school by 9 am. Thank you so much".

"Okay, ma'am".

She goes upstairs while I remain at the dining table. I finish my meal, pick up my phone and dial" my soul's hitman". It rings and he picks up the phone at the first ring.

"Hey, sugar".

" Hey baby. Good morning. Sorry I didn't call since morning. I was having breakfast with my parents".

"That's okay, my love. How are you doing?"

" I feel so naughty. I hate it that you are not here".

"Tell me how crazy you feel. No detail should be left untouched".

I immediately run upstairs to my room, shutting the door behind me. It was about getting crazy. I know what he can do or say.

"We have just an hour for your naughtiness. I have to appear at the court by noon. So tell me everything.

I start by moaning and switch to video calls so he would see everything.

"Baby, I am so wet already". I say moaning so softly.

" That's what I like. Woah, that's so slippery. I wish I could use my tongue and make it dry, slowly.

"Yes, baby".

" Now, touch your boobs and tell me how they feel. I can't wait to have a feel of those awesome balls over your chest".

"Ma, the bath is set". Raliza says interrupting from the locked door

" I'll be there shortly. Thanks".

"Our bath is set. Let's go have some good bath".

" Yes, baby".

My Ferdinand knows how to make me feel good and I can't love him less. I can't wait for him to return to me. I miss him terribly.

This is my first novel on Wattpad guys. I hope you enjoyed the read. All the characters and scenes are fictional and original. Thanks for the support, everyone. I appreciate it. This means a lot to me. Thanks a bunch. I love y'all so much 💯💯💙💙💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 884 100
"For loving you, I felt abandoned." Upon learning that Caliere Mezor, her fiancΓ©, despises her until her execution, Vestia Monsiore, an abandoned pri...
162K 2.6K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
1.3K 82 33
BOOK 1 OF HENRIETTA TRILOGY. TO BE EDITED. *** I was a young boy who wished nothing but to be loved. But one day, as I was reminiscing a memory of my...
183K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...