Slacker Life (Free Trial Peri...

Por CruelCreator_2895

A casual TofCF fanfic while waiting for Part 2 of novel. A sneak peek into the potential future of Cale and f... Mais

The First Henituse Museum
Endable Fieldtrip with Bob ft Fredo
The Controversial Popularity Vote
The Children's First Etiquette Class
The R&D Food Session

"Mini" Farming Project

269 11 3
Por CruelCreator_2895

"Huff, huff..."

Chiak! Shrrrkk!

'Damn, where's the promised relax weekend?'

Cale was working hard in Harris Village as the sun was just starting to rise. His breathing got heavier with his depleting stamina. His long, bright red hair was being clumsily tied to the back with a few loose strands sticking on his sweaty face and neck. His pants and boots were already covered in soil while his shirt was already drenched in sweat. 

Chirkk!

The hoe that was reinforced with magic hit the ground again. He had been digging for an hour, making the 12th hole for the last apple tree that was to be planted today. Cale was flabbergasted with the current situation as he stared at the hoe in his hand. He can't believe that he was using the hoe that was supposedly to help him collect the ancient power, to do farming right now. Before he could shake his head in dismay, a bright voice rung right beside him.

"Hey human! You're doing greaat! We're going to have huge harvest of apples by fall! Hehe!"

"Our youngest brother is right! We'll have big, tasty apples, nya!"

The excited black dragon was flying at high speed around the young apple trees, checking them out with his round, sparkling blue eyes. Hong was circling the trees with Raon while On looked at the her younger siblings with a satisfied smile as she patted Cale's boot in sympathy.

Cale brushed his loose hair from his face and sighed internally. He couldn't complain when the children averaging ten years old were so happy and enjoying the project. Plus, he had promised his team leader to farm. So, he might as well start planting stuff whenever he was free. However, as he looked around the supposedly "mini" garden... There were apple and lemon trees surrounding the greenhouse that was being temperature regulated by Raon's magic. Inside the greenhouse, it was separated into herbs garden and vegetables section. There were rosemary, thymes, basil, oregano, parsley, mint, etc., in the herbs garden. How did they ended up with such a huge herbs garden? The children were the ones deciding the crops in their farm. He remembered how the children's reasoning for one of the herbs went.

"Let's plant rosemary, human! It has the combined names of our smart Rosalyn and good Mary!"

Raon's wings fluttered excitedly.

"That sounds cool, nya! Our youngest is really great and mighty, nya."

Hong ran up to Cale who was sitting on the couch as he expressed his agreement with Raon.

"And, our gentle Beacrox can use the herbs for cooking steak! Human, you love steaks!"

"Uh huh. Our youngest is truly the best, nya."

Cale had to agree with the herbs garden idea when On chimed in as well. But he had no idea at that time, that the garden will look like a commercial herbs market. As he was reminiscing the past, the last apple tree was moved into the ground with Raon's magic. 

Skrrik! Plop!

Choi Han covered the bottom of the tree with soil. The movement of the spade in his hands were moving rather quickly and the soil easily covered the roots in no time. Cale watched in envy as he was super tired after digging the holes at a slow pace with his weak arms. 

"Cale-nim, do you need to rest? We can have a short break first before moving on to the spring onions and chilies."

Cale was just feeling grateful for Choi Han's first sentence before frowning at the second part. Lemon trees... He had no idea and did not want to know either for what reason that they needed to plant these huge amount of spring onions and chilies. Before he could respond, the children started to talk.

"Right, human! If you're tired, take a short break! Are you hungry? I have lots of apple pies stored in my spatial pocket! And gentle Beacrox has packed up iced lemon tea for us although he was busy managing the household affairs with Grandpa Ron!"

"That's sounds yummy, nya."

"Our youngest is the best, nya."

 Choi Han tapped his shoulder and pointed to the bench at the side, motioning him to have a break. He took away the hoe from Cale's hand and pushed him toward the bench. Cale just let them be as he looked at the children setting up the lemon tea in cups and built a mini tower with apple pies beside the bench. 

"Can we just plant a small plot of spring onion and a pot of chili instead?"

Cale cautiously asked the question. Of course farming was easier with the Choi Han's strength and Raon's magic, plus the fertilized soil and useful knowledge from Mila-nim, who owns an orchard. However, farming at this large scale still took a toll on his weak body. And, he must personally involved in the farming as per promised to his team leader.

"B-but we need lots of spring onions for the pancakes from Choi Han's hometown! A-and, Beacrox said experiments are needed to make delicious spring onion pancakes!"

"That's true, nya. Remember last time when Choi Han actually made a mess with the dough? More is better nya~"

"Plus we need a large amount of chilies to make gochujang and gochu-garu (chili powder) nya."

"That's right Cale-nim, we need some reserve gochu-garu for kimchi and ramen too."

"Hah... Fine, you guys are right."

"Hey human, just listen to this great and mighty dragon. I'll make sure you'll get to eat the delicious food that you've been craving for."

Cale limply nodded to their continuous chat while imagining the terrifying scene where Raon stuffing red, spicy kimchi or hot ramen into his mouth when he was fainting. He unconsciously shuddered at that thought.

Beep! Beeep!

The communication device was blinking in red. 

"Human, it's the crown prince! I'm connecting it now."

"Wai-"

- So, how's your bre...ak?

Before Cale could finish his sentence, they can already see the handsome crown prince, Alberu with the usual blonde hair and blue eyes from the orb. Alberu was surprised by the sight on his communication device. A shabby looking Cale who was covered in sweat and dirt appeared on the orb. Others were looking the same too but none of them were as tired looking as Cale.

- Err, dongsaeng. So, this is what you've been planning for when you've been begging for a break for the weekend? I see... It must be healing to farm together.

Alberu put on his brightest smile at the end of his sentence.

'Healing my ass.' 

"Oh my, I'm so lucky to have the brightest sun of Roan that shines on everyone to check on me during my hard earned break. Your highness, you're looking as handsome as-"

- Enough! Hah, you crazy bastard.

Alberu's smile slowly turned into a deep frown as he listened to the excessive, deliberate compliments from Cale. He brushed his tired face with his hands before retaining his usual demeanor.

- Dongsaeng, how did your slacker life trial go?

Slacker life trial was a mini project planned by Alberu, Choi Han and Eruhaben. It was an effort done to introduce the proper slacker lifestyle to Cale, who have been dreaming to be a rich slacker. But, tends to land himself in much more works and troubles day by day, completely ignorant to the fact that the slacker life had long waved its eternal goodbye to him. But this farming project was planned by Lee Soo Hyuk and it's something that Cale had promised to do before the birth of the slacker life trial. Which was why...

"Heh."

Cale can only chuckled at that question. He started to remember what had happened to his first day of break in an hour ago as he told Alberu.

Tap, tap. Tap!

Cale felt tapping on his cheeks when he was still sleepy. He moaned in displease as he slightly opened his eyes to see Raon and the cats were taking turns, waking him up. 

"Rise and shine, human! We're farming today! Hurry up!"

He peeked at the dark sky through the window as his brows furrowed in annoyance. 

'Rise and shine? Urgh, I bet sunrise is not even ready yet!'

"C'mon, Choi Han is coming to help us farm nya"

"That's right. You need to wash up first nya."

He was forced out of bed by the children averaging ten years old. With his eyes still shut, he brushed his teeth while On and Hong were combing and tying his waist length hair.

"Grandpa Ron taught us how to tie braids and pony tails nya."

"I think we'll tie it pretty nya. Right, noona?"

While they were getting washed up, Raon had brought in breakfast for four of them and selected the attire for Cale. Then, he was dragged to the farm while the moon was still in the sky and the air was still foggy from the night. That was why he was looking in this sorry state right now.

- Pfft!

Alberu was trying hard to hold his laughter as he listened to his poor dongsaeng's story.

-Mmph! Sorry. Ahh, I didn't know you'd start your free day this way. 

Alberu was certainly not looking sorry at all as he was still beaming off his official smile with the corner of his lips twitching, trying to suppress the laughter building inside.

"Hey crown prince! When we've harvested the apples, we'll make lots of apple pies. I'll keep some for you! Oh, we've some cocoa trees too. Auntie Mila taught us how to plant them. We'll make delicious cookies too!"

"We also planted some teas nya."

- Hoh? That's interesting.

"Well, it's because your highness and Cale-nim love drinking teas. So, we've decided to plant some."

- Hoh, I'm touched, Instructor-nim.

"We also planted all kinds of citrus fruits for making fruit juice! Cause we're great and mighty!"

"That's right nya."

"Our youngest knows us the best nya"

- Hah! You guys are planning to be self sufficient! That's really brilliant, my dongsaeng. I know you'll be doing something in large scale again with the great and mighty family. I'll be waiting to try out the fresh produce from your farm then.

"Sure, crown prince! We'll pack it up for you!"

Alberu looked at Cale with sympathy as he thought Cale was going to be filthy rich and even more famous.  While Cale would not know that the Silver Shield Fresh Produce will be one of the top supplier in the Western continent in future. So, definitely saying farewell to the slacker life.

"Hah..."

Cale brushed his face in frustration. 

"Your highness, why are you calling? You can't be just asking about my break."

- As smart as usual. Well, nothing much. Just informing you that Duke Fredo has sent us an official invitation to attend the Endable Rebuilding Ceremony which will be held in a week time. So, no rush. Well then, enjoy your farming. See you guys."

Click.

Alberu turned off the device as soon as he can before bursting out his laughter in his room. While Cale looked at the now silent orb with a dumbfounded expression. 

'An invitation to the Endable Kingdom?'

"Human! Let's finish up the work! We still need to attend Grandpa Ron's birthday celebration later!"

"That right, Beacrox going to make really huge cake nya!"

"Can't wait to see Grandpa Ron and Beacrox again nya."

"Cale-nim? Do you need help getting up?"

Choi Han was extending a hand toward Cale to help him up. Raon was keeping the remaining apple pies back to his spatial pocket. On and Hong were cleaning the empty cups. Looking around the farm that he had worked on with his family, a smile crept onto his face. Cale thought that maybe it was not too bad farming together... Until he heard the upcoming voice.

"Hey Boss! I've brought over some nice grape trees for wine! Heard you guys were planting. If you plant these, you can have your own mini vineyard!"

Bud, the Mercenary King had come to join in the fun.

'Yeah, you guys' mini version is different from my expectation of mini!'

Cale looked towards the light blue sky as a sigh escaped from his mouth.

"Sigh, when will I ever get to rest."

*****

Next: 1.2 The Henituse Museum Walkthrough by Clopeh

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

7.1K 518 9
Cale and Choi Han live happily in the Black Castle with their three children. One day, while they were enjoying their time together they were pulled...
36.5K 1.9K 26
📌 ONGOING White star tried to summon a demon but instead summoned kim rok soo? Will krs get his slacker life? (no) And why are these people calli...
40K 2.8K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
55.6K 3.4K 22
°•Lets meet again in our next life, kim rok soo•° ♡"The moon looks beautiful tonight"♡ 《Cale Henituse x Reader》 The abandoned princess and the ex-com...