𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥�...

By haleyboook

kate bishop x oc unedited! ➴➵➶ ➴➵➶ "I swear if you point another gun at my face I will lodge an arrow up you... More

prologue
ronin
lila
pent up aggression
hide and seek
target
mercy
pressure
meet the parents
holiday cheer
small packages
yelena unknown
cool vest
night out
stealing from orphans
kate the date
vormir chronicles
widow
confrontation
life and death
fighting on christmas
barton's past
what was that?
trick arrows and anger
fighting kingpin
pain only makes us stronger
christmas day
answers needed
endings and beginnings
Part 2
begin again
museum of cap
moose and goose
new captain in town
reunion of some sorts
tell me lies
Q&A
bombshell of the century
she deserved answers
our answers
father of mine
budapest barton
the family reunion
madripoor god

melina's help

1.6K 66 18
By haleyboook

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Yelena looks to me as we land the jet outside the gated farm

I nod to her and we head forward bound to the fence. She says "We can just scale the fences easily or wait."

Looking to the fence I say "There's barbed wire on top."

"Work around it. Come on, you're defeated already by a fence?"

I touch the fence, preparing myself to climb... only for it to mildly electrocute me

I fall to the ground and Yelena laughs loudly. I kick her annoyed as I regain control. My head stings as it feels oddly familiar and painful in another sense

I shake my head as I hear the cameras pan to us. Yelena says "You're so gullible."

"I hate you." I grumble

Melina approaches the fence saying "Yelena. You're home."

Yelena chuckles as I push her annoyed, Melina readjusts her gun on her hip and I eye her as Yelena says "We need to talk to you."

Melina narrows her eyes at me, making me feel slightly vulnerable. I feel like she can see straight through me

She says "First, who is this?"

Yelena clears her throat saying "Mackenzie. Now open the gate."

Melina pushes the gate open and Yelena pushes me forward. Melina says "You've what, made friends now?"

I look to her as I say "Do your loyalties still lie with your family or an organization?"

Yelena and Melina give me an annoyed look. Melina says "I don't like this, Yelena. She is not a widow. Who is she?"

Yelena clears her throat as I see the pigs. I smile and say "Piggy's!!"

Yelena grumbles as I enter the pig pen, petting the small pigs

Melina says "Be careful. They aren't very polite to people they don't know."

"I know. Don't worry, I've got this. We had pigs on the farm when I was really young..."

Melina feels her chest tighten as she loses her breath for a minute, swearing she could nearly hear Natasha saying that herself

She mutters "Natasha."

I look to her confused for a minute and she says "How?"

Yelena says "Huh?"

"I knew I recognized your eyes. My daughters eyes."

My eyes widen as I step out of the pig pen. She grabs my chin, saying "Winterwidow. Subject 255. My god..."

I shrug and Yelena says "Natasha didn't make it too easy to find her, but I pieced it together."

Melina says "You're alive... come inside. Come. Come. Quickly. I have so much to explain and show you."

Melina presses a hand to my back and leads me inside, she picks at the braids in my hair, unraveling them, picking pieces of dried grass out of them

She undo's her braids next, shaking her hair out as she makes an effort to be calm for our talk

"That baby being born from a widow meant we were more than just slaves to the regime. If a baby can come from one of us, we are our own masters."

I stare at Melina as she talks and she smiles as she says "And that baby meant more to every widow than any child that ever entered the red room. It made us humane, motherly and not only weapons. When Natasha attempted to escape with her.. we were all rooting for them. But tragedy happened. Everyone was devastated when we heard the news subject 255 died.... But here you are, alive.."

I look to her and she says "I found photos. Of Natasha and you as an infant. There wasn't many but I found them."

She reaches to the book shelf and opens the page for me to see

My expression softens and I say "That's me?" My eyes quickly watering

She nods and says "minutes after you were born."

I smile and say "She looks so different."

Melina nods and says "Winterwidow was a failed experiment with three or four other widows. You were the only successful experiment. This was your first photo of identification in our systems."

I look to her and say "Did you help on the experiment?"

She looks to me and says "No, I did not. That wasn't my department.. but I heard rumors they were experimenting with the other winter soldiers blood to create a child. A perfect soldier."

I nod as I look to the pages. My hand brushes over the baby socks and my smile widens

She says "I stole as much as I could from the red rooms archives."

I chew on my lip as tears threaten and I say "Did my father know that they were creating a child using his dna?"

"Your father, the notorious winter soldier, was under heavy submission and had no control of his actions and decisions. He probably had no idea you existed. After he was rumored to have killed you, everyone truly believed he was one of the most ruthless assassins to exist. He killed his own flesh and blood. You were rumored to be his weakness, and people were stunned he killed you."

I nod and she says "Natasha got you out. She hid you so well. Dreykov was even fooled."

She holds my chin in awe and smiles to me

I nod and say "Well, she was never going to tell me, so what use would I have to the world of widows if I didn't even know my origins. I am the hope or legacy of every widow that's been ripped away the right to reproduce but I had no idea I even had that mantle for 15 years of my life. Most still believe I'm dead."

"It isn't like that.." she tries to defend

Alexei enters the house groaning "I am so sick of living with pigs!" I look to his buzzed hair and bloody cut

Melina grumbles and says "Liar." with a smile

He enters and looks to me as I push the scrapbook carefully back to Melina. "We have company, Alexei."

Melina nods and looks to me. I narrow my eyes at Alexei and he says "Hello.."

I cross my arms and he says "You look so familiar."

Melina says "She is the long lost subject 255. Project winterwidow."

He looks to me surprised and smiles. "I haven't seen you since you were the weight of a piglet!"

He walks towards me and I extend my hand to his shoulder saying "Please don't touch me."

He grabs my wrist shaking it limply up and down and pulling me towards him. His arms tightening around me with his super soldier strength, more and more by the second

He says "I fought your father in the alps!"

I look to him and say "Good for you."

I push him off me and he says "Woah! You are strong!"

I grumble and say "Don't touch me."

He hugs me again and cradles my head as he smiles and leans heavily onto me, guilt and sympathy suddenly towards him

I don't know why I feel sympathy towards this weird man.

Melina says "She came here seeking out answers. I'm sorry, Kenzie.. he's just excited..." she gives Alexei a look and I clear my throat

He finally releases me and I straighten up

I look to Alexei and say "You were buddies with Dreykov, what did he know about me?"

Alexei shrugs and says "He never told me anything. I was the superior super soldier. I should have been the one reproducing red guardians!"

I glare at him and say "You truly are no help."

I step away from him and he looks to the ground "wait."

I stop as I head to the door. He says "Subject 255 had red hair."

I look to him and say "There's such thing as hair dye."

Melina says "She has Natasha's eyes. You are so beautiful. Truly."

I nod to her and say "Thank you. I actually have a request. I have a back up file of everything dreykov collected I wanted to know if you could de-code it for me."

She nods and I hand her a copy flash drive of his files. "And if possible see if you can find my file and genetic coding. I'd like to create a super soldier anti serum with my dna."

Alexei says "Arm wrestle me."

I turn towards him and say "What?"

"Arm wrestle me!"

"No."

I step away from him and follow Melina. She pushes it into the laptop and taps on the laptop.

"This will take a few minutes. Don't mind him. He's always like this."

Alexei says "The winter soldier doesn't even exist anymore! He's dead, right?"

He places his hand onto my shoulder and I roughly grab his hand making a cracking noise as I aggressively force his arm behind his back pushing him into the wall and holding him in place

He shouts "So cool!"

Melina says "I do hope you have a reason for the need of an anti-serum.."

I smack Alexei's face and push him away from me. He laughs and smiles "You are winter soldiers spawn!"

I look to Melina saying "Yelena wouldn't let me do anything too dangerous. This is purely for threats that were created with my genetic code."

She nods slowly and says "Is Yelena alright?"

I shrug and say "She's okay. She's with me often. We've grown really close. You haven't heard from her lately? Besides today?"

"No. She's been busy in America."

Alexei teases "She loves America. Favorite place for her."

Alexei charges towards me, knocking me over and wrestling me

I kick his chest and say "This is ridiculous."

He says "Tell me, did Winter get to train you himself?"

I feel anger rise in me and I punch him in the nose, breaking it and stepping away as Yelena enters saying "What did I say about fighting in the house? Both of you.."

She smacks the back of Alexei's head and holds my chin in her hand, pinching me saying "Behave, please."

"Then he needs to stop bringing up my father. Something he knows nothing about. My father is a subject you don't get to bring up. You willingly became a super soldier and he had no choice. So don't bring him up again."

Yelena pushes my shoulder, away from Alexei as he nods

Alexei wipes the blood off his nose, cursing to himself then saying "I think I'm going to like this one, Melina."

I look to him, feeling no remorse for his injured nose

Yelena looks to my eyes and I sink into my shoulders as she guilts me with her expression

Melina says "This may be a problem."

I look over to her confused, Yelena releases my chin and says "What do you mean?"

"You have a APB out for your capture. People know that winterwidow is alive."

My eyes widen and I say "Who else?"

"well I presume...hydra."

"For fucks sake, do they ever go away?" Yelena bitches

Alexei says "Perhaps we should reach out to our friends that used to work for hydra and find out if they are close to finding you."

Yelena shakes her head saying "that would be a terrible idea, and lead them right to her. Don't be ridiculous. Don't be stupid."

Melina says "You need to seek out a safe house, that they won't go looking for you in. A remote country. Perhaps we can help you with that."

Alexei says "She could stay here, and get to know us." He smiles and Melina nods.

Yelena says "No. I'd prefer her staying with me. We have plans in place already. They don't know of her existence where we are going."

Melina picks at the tech I have attached behind my ear and says "What is this?"

I shrug her off me saying "I have a hearing aide. Don't touch it."

She says "It's so bulky. Why do you have this?"

Yelena says "She's had it for awhile."

I shrug saying "I have hearing loss."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Clint and I both have it. We've had hearing aides for awhile."

Melina shakes her head saying "They should have healed by now."

She pulls it off and I look to Yelena shocked as I don't hear out of one ear. She says "Melina-"

Melina breaks the hearing aide and I gasp saying "Those are expensive!"

She walks away with it and Yelena says "...we will get them fixed... how did she even see it?"

"Clint is going to be so mad. Thats like the fourth pair I've broken. Tony fixed them before but.. never mind."

She shrugs saying "He won't know."

I lean towards her saying "what?"

She shouts "He won't know!!"

I nod and Alexei say "What is all the shouting for? You're hurting my ears."

I look towards him confused as I can't hear him from the other side of the room. Only hearing shouting and ears out of his comment.

Yelena shouts "She can't hear us out of her right ear without the shouting!"

"Oh! I will shout then! Where are you two headed!!"

I nod and say "Madripoor."

Melina looks up towards us with a disgusted face saying "Why there? That lawless place is terrible."

Yelena nods saying loudly "Exactly! They don't know of her there!"

Melina pushes the reconstructed hearing aide back on, it now being slim and nearly unnoticeable

Alexei shouts "Can you hear me now!!"

I wince as I cover my ear and say "...yeah.."

Yelena says "We need to go, we'll keep lines of communication up for you to reach us but only active when we can access it."

"Understood. Good luck."

Melina squeezes our shoulders and we head out of the house

Yelena nudges me as we walk towards the jet and says "I raided the pantry and got all the good snacks."

"And weapons?"

She smiles widely as she chews her peanut butter sandwich, she shrugs saying "You'll see."

She hands me half the sandwich and I make a face "Where's the bananas?"

She makes a face saying "I hate bananas."

"So do I but peanut butter sandwiches always need them."

"No they don't."

"They're so dry without it, I mean, come on Yelena."

"I like it this way, don't be so judgmental jeez. Start thinking about what you're going to say to your long lost father. Because this is happening and we need all the resources and assets to help keep you safe."

"We don't need him to keep me safe. I have you and Clint, and-"

"The winter soldier reputation will protect you more than Clint as an asset. Alright? It's a resource we need to look into."

Nodding I take a bite out of the sandwich and hand it back to her

Alexei and Melina stand at the gate as we board the jet, they smile to us as we take off

Alexei says "She looks just like Natasha."

"She sounds like Natasha."

"She's not safe out there, Melina."

"Yes. I know that."

"She will lead them to every large asset. She has too many high up connections. If the winter soldier is alive, she'll lead them right to him. And Yelena is in danger, staying with her for this long."

Melina nods saying "They will work this out, give them time. We can step in soon."

Alexei says "The tracker was placed?"

Melina nods and says "In the hearing aide. We will keep her location for a long time. And make sure she is alright, Natasha would want us to. Right?"

Alexei nods saying "Of course. It's our duty."

He stifles a laugh and Melina grumbles as he laughs at the fact he said duty.

"Who's hunting her, that we would know?"

"I don't know who's still alive from the hydra regime."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

haley speaks!

ohmygod I can't stay mad at alexei when he looks sweet like hopper lol, anyway... I'm back! sorta, I always say this but I'm on winter break so I should have more time to post! Wooohooo! Also, can I just take one minute to say that Rachel and Crystal look alike, didn't fully notice until I added the gifs in

Q&A: who's your favorite character in tfatws?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 18.5K 58
Kate Bishop x fem!Reader set off the Hawkeye series. When Clint and his daughter Y/n have to sort out the mess created by Kate Bishop, Y/n can't help...
105K 3.9K 21
ᴏ-ᴏᴘʜᴇʟɪᴀ, ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ, ɢɪʀʟ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴏᴅ. ---------- "Nice to see you, Moonshadow." "I will kick your ass into tomorrow i...
24.9K 856 12
Kate returns home after spending the holidays with Clint and his family and is welcomed back by a familiar face. Nothing could have prepared her for...
47.3K 1K 21
You've known Kate for maybe a year now. You guys met at a arching tournament. You guys became best friends and maybe turn into more