The Other 'NYC' Newbie {1}

By fqirygen

Brielle Lawson moves from Brooklyn, New York to Riverdale, (being the second person to move from NYC to River... More

~ Characters ~
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
PART 2
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
!!!
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
| SEQUEL |

3

101 6 4
By fqirygen

I am currently standing in the gym, next to another River-Vixen. Her name is Midge Klump. We turn around to grab our water bottles for a quick second and turn back around to see Betty and Veronica kissing. I'm not going to lie that was hot as fuck, but I'm not lesbian nor bisexual, but I do heavily support the LGBTQ+ community. Midge literally has her mouth hung open, blown away by the moment.

"Is Betty bisexual?" I ask Midge, looking at Betty.

"Nope, I don't think so. I think she likes that Archie kid." Midge tells me.

"Check your sell-by date, ladies, faux lesbian kissing hasn't been taboo since 1994." Cheryl reminds the two girls.

Well shit, is Cheryl lesbian?

I didn't ask Midge that, It'd be weird, too weird. I didn't know the Blossom girl. Nor, did I want to become friends with her.

"So let's see if you do better with the interview portion of our audition." Cheryl tells the two girls, who are still waiting to see if they made the team.

"Betty, how's your sister doing?" Cheryl ask. To me, it didn't seem like she cared. But sister? Betty Cooper has a sister and didn't mention her? Something bad or tragic must've happen to her.

"Um, Polly's fine, thanks for asking." Betty answers Cheryl, embarrassed.

"Veronica, has Betty told you about her sister yet?" Cheryl asks Veronica.

"Uh, no." Veronica answers, confused, turning to her blonde friend.

"Go ahead, Betty." Cheryl starts, turning her attention back to Betty.

"Tell Veronica about your sister and my dear brother." Cheryl said, slowly ripping Betty apart.

"Polly and Jason dated." Betty said, facing Veronica.

"I wouldn't say 'dated'." Cheryl scoffed.

"It didn't end well." Betty corrected.

"In fact, Jason's probably why your sister had a nervous breakdown and now lives in a group home, isn't it?" Cheryl questioned Betty, obviously knowing that did happen.

I stepped up to Cheryl, now she was just crossing the line with the poor girl.

I seen girls I knew in caskets because of bullying. Want to guess how they ended up in those caskets? Suicide.

"Yo, Blossom. I'm gonna need you to stop. You're ripping into her because of your brother's death? Since her sister is in a group home you can't say that Jason drowned because of Polly. So stop." I said, standing my grounds, bringing tears to Cheryl's eyes.

"That's what my parents think." Betty confirmed.

"What do you have to say about that, Betty? Go ahead, the floor is yours. Whatever you've been dying to spew about Jason and how he treated Polly, unleash it." Cheryl said, once again ripping into Betty despite of my approach to her. But she didn't stop there.

"Destroy me." She went on and on.

"Tear me a new one."

"Rip me to shreds."

"Annihilate me."

"Enough, Blossom!" I shout, seeing Betty dig her fingernails into the palm of her hands.

"I just..." Betty finally spoke, releasing her nails from the palm of her hand. I inhaled sharply seeing the blood and marks on Betty's palm.

"Finally." Cheryl said, exhaling.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened to Jason. I can't even imagine what you and your family must be going through." Betty continued, apologizing when she shouldn't have been.

"Right." Cheryl said, finally stopping her nonsense.

"Veronica, welcome to the River Vixens."  Cheryl welcomed Veronica.

"Betty, better luck next time." Cheryl turned back to Betty.

"Wait, what? Why?" Veronica questioned. I walked up to Betty hugging her and bringing her to the bleachers and sat down with her.

"Are you okay, Liz?" I asked the crying girl.

"N-no. Cheryl hates me for whatever stuff Polly and Jason had going on." She cried softly and I brung her in for another hug.

"Well, I'm here now and I've got your back." I rubbed her back and the last thing I heard before walking up to do my dance part of this audition blew my mind of how badass Veronica is.

"You wanted fire? Sorry, Cherrybombshell, my specialty's ice." Veronica said, so very badass.

"Holy shit, I like her." I said smiling at the Lodge girl.

Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

I took Veronica's place and Cheryl wiped her tears as I looked in her eyes.

"Ready, bombshell?" I smiled, one hand on my hip

"Floor is yours." She said, ready to watch me dance.

I nodded to Veronica.

"Hit that shit, Vee."

"Sure thing, Bri." Veronica said smiling, hitting the play button on the song 'Gold' By Kiiara.

[ ( 0:10-1:21 ) Brielle is doing the dance that the girl in the front is doing]

As I finished, everyone in the room clapped, including Cheryl and I smiled a big smile. But, Betty? Her smile was the biggest. Betty and me are really going to be best friends.

"Brielle. Welcome to the River-Vixens." Cheryl said to me.

-----

"Perfect." I said, smiling at Betty when Veronica finished zipping up her Vixen uniform. Betty turned to me smiling.

"I love that uniform on you, Elle." Betty said and I returned the smile.

"Very Betty Draper, season 1." Veronica said

"Veronica. Why did you defend me?" Betty asked Veronica.

"I know the crowd you ran with in New York. Why are you being so... Nice?" Betty continued.

"Okay, I sense a Bee and Vee conversation coming up so I'll catch you guys later. I'm going to meet Reggie Mantle at Pops." I let both girls know.

"No way, Reggie Mantle!" Veronica squealed, and I smiled at her before leaving both girls. Leaving them with a mystery.

-----

I'm currently sitting with Reggie at a booth in Pops, sipping on a Chocolate Milkshake.

"Are you gonna cheer for me on the side, while I'm playing?" Reggie asked, sipping his soda.

"I'm cheering for every Riverdale Bulldog, Reggie." I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"But, it'd be cuter if you'd cheer for me." Reggie said just as the bell to Pops rang, revealing a boy with a beanie.

"Donnie Darko!" Reggie said to the raven haired boy, teasing him.

"Stop it." I said through gritted teeth.

"Your friends with that emo kid?" He asked.

"No, I don't know him, but I'm pretty sure he's nice so please don't tease him." I said with a smile.

"Fine, I won't." Reggie said as the boy sat in the farthest booth, opening up his laptop.

---

After a couple of jokes and icebreakers, Reggie left to go home and I was sitting in the same booth at 6:15pm. I looked over at the booth that the boy was sitting in and got up, walking over to him.

"Hey, can I sit?" I asked him.

"Sure, but not if you're going to talk about Reggie." He said looking up from his laptop to look at me.

"I'm not." I said, sitting.

"So, what's your name? By the way, I like your beanie." I asked him and complimented him on the choice of beanie.

"Jughead. Jughead Jones." He said, smiling at me.

"I'm Brielle Lawson." I introduced myself, returning the smile.

"Oh, the new girl?" He asked and I nodded.

"Whatcha doing there, Jug?" I said, already whipping up a new nickname for him.

"Nicknames already? Wow you're fast." He smiled with a slightly surprised face.

"But, I'm writing a book. About this town, well the 'accidental drowning' of Jason Blossom." He shared.

"Why'd you quote 'accidental drowning'?" I questioned.

"I think someone killed him, it sounds crazy, but I'm feeling very on edge with his death. Most people swam in the swim hole, it's as deep as Sweetwater River. I pretty sure Jason Blossom swan in the swim hole before. He's on the water polo team, come on." He explained.

"I don't much about this town, but your logic? It makes perfect sense. Maybe they'll find a body, Jug. But right now, we just chill and sit back." I told him.

"You think just like me." He said smiling.

'Maybe this is my group. Betty, Archie, Veronica, and Jughead. The core five.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 154 30
𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑹𝑰𝑫 𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑳𝑶𝑾 is 21 years old and friends with Billie Eilish's girlfriend, what happens with they break up and Billie decides to start f...
3.6K 59 11
Aria is like any other teenage girl, except she is very reserved and trusts no one except her best friend, Rosalie. However, could a someone special...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
915K 81.6K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...