Predictable - xiaoven royal au

By tamikaaynakea

[REWRITING! See Profile > Works > Sovereign for the rewritten version.] "๐™„๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž... More

3:48
4:32
9:10
11:34
6:06
10:06
7:30
6:47
end of - arc 1
00:01
00:02
00:04
!!
!! (2)

00:03

200 8 11
By tamikaaynakea

Forgive me,

All of this will come to plan.

i.

"Venti!" As a lady from afar called Venti, he looks surprised to see one of his close friends, Lumine with her twin brother following. — Lumine smiles as she hugs the boy tightly, "It's been so long!" Her voice muffled, with her not letting go, Venti had some time trying to breathe.

"Lumine, stop, you're going to squish my best friend." Aether barges in as he grips the shoulder of his twin sister.

"Your best friend?" Lumine had sounded offended as she dares not to look at Aether. "How dare you! I am his best friend!" She follows along her words, sticking her tongue out. 

Venti looked at the two confused, sweating nervously as he knows what'll happen sooner or later. Their fuss can wreck his stuff.

"I'm sorry, but.. You two are my best friends! There is no need to fight." Venti reassures the two, further more, observing each other's gazes with one another. "But anyways, why are you both here?" Venti puts his hand on his hip, asking why both of the twins are here.

"Plan." One of them mumbles to Venti, as he immediately gets the signal. "The prince of Liyue is getting married and the queen invited both of us as replacements for our parents." Lumine sighs, looking dramatic.

"..Wedding?" Venti asks. 

"Yeah. Isn't that the reason why you're here too?" Aether responds, receiving a shake from the head. 

"No. Not really, I was ordered to come here because of further education." Venti sighed. He doesn't know this, so there is no reason to barge in to someone's love life. "I didn't know that, why the sudden announcement?" 

"It wasn't really old, it was announced rather.. a day ago or so." Lumine crosses her arms gently, not letting her dress wrinkle. She sighs, currently observing the facial expressions of the prince, "Yeah. He's getting married with some noble here, Hu Tao, was her name?" Lumine looked at the shocking change of looks Venti gave. 

"You are jealous, right?" Aether, said to Venti. Knowing well enough because of telepathy. His vague smug face controlling over him. 

"Aether, don't tease the poor boy." A woman walked up to him, not only that, but it was especially the one and only Dandelion Knight, Jean Gunnhildr. "Nice to meet you again, Venti. How is your day?" She smiles, greeting the yet again shocked boy. 

"Jean." Venti bows, "I am good, what about you?" 

The twins feeling left out looked at each other, guess Venti got a new best friend THAT wasn't the twins. Surprisingly enough, it was the most respected Knight after Varka. Jean Gunnhildr, is not only the kindest, most gentle knight of all, she was also heir of Mondstadt's city leader. — Consider, the Gunnhildr Clan being superior and their selves was enough. The Lawrence clan can be a difference to the Gunnhildr one. Their backstory is stiff, but the current daughters of both are good friends nonetheless.

"Ah, I forgot. Congratulations, Venti!" Jean congratulates Venti randomly. Whilst Venti was confused, he saw the two behind Jean snicker. 

"Ah.. But, Jean, why are you congratulating me?" Venti politely (tried) to ask Jean. 

"What? I thought you were getting married to Liyue's greatest prince?" A gasp was out from the three young adults, Jean raised her eyebrow as she looked behind. — One of the twins, being Aether, whistled. Jean looked furious. "Aether, Lumine, what did you tell Venti?" She tried to nicely ask, but sadly her tone of voice indicates she wasn't nicely asking.

"..Haha..-" Lumine and Aether both hummed in sync, slowly backing to avoid eye contact with the older woman. — Lumine, was tired of this, so like a normal snitch she would be; "Aether and I told Venti that Xiao is going to get married to Hu Tao! One of the closest friend the prince has!" Lumine admits, shouting as Aether gasps. 

"What?! It was you who told Venti that! I am not going in this conversation!" Aether huffs madly, avoiding his eye contact with his one and only twin. 

Jean groans, "You two have some explaining to do. In the carriage, now." She strictly orders the two who just sighs. "I am doing this for reasons, if you continue this behavior I will not hesitate to confiscate your stuff." Continuing on, "For the sake of you two. Now." 

"Y-yes, ma'am!" One of them stutters, running to the carriage nearby, that was surprisingly theirs. 

"Hey! Aether wait up!" —

"Sorry about the two," Jean apologizes to the confused boy in front of her. "But, what do you mean about the congratulations? I thought-" She slowly puts her hand below her chin. She observes the person in front and closely looks.

"Wait.. So the queen hasn't informed you yet?" Receiving a nod, Jean makes an 'o' shaped mouth.

"What's special about that anyway? It's fine with me." Venti straightforwardly says to the older woman.

Jean hums silently, "I see. But, it is unlikely." She looks at the boy, "You would usually refuse these.."

Venti scoffs, "What? I would never! .. It depends highly on my standards, and the women father picks are.. uh.. I'm not saying Lumine is ugly — but other than her, the others are.. eh.." Venti gags.

Jean chuckles, Venti must really despise arranged marriages, huh? But either way, why the sudden agreement with the prince of Liyue? Is this some benefit she doesn't seem to know about? But.. either way, it is not her business to barge in. After all, she is, the most loyal.

"Ah, I see. I understand your concerns for the women there. And I must agree, they look quite bland." Jean admits truthfully.

Venti scoffed once again, "See! Even you agree."

She laughs at the response. "Alright. Prince Venti, me and the twins will be going to your castle for the stay, would you like to come?" 

"Sure. I don't mind." He smiles.

ii.

"I am what?!" Xiao shouts as he stands up, 

"Xiao! Your manners!" The queen whispers as she apologizes to the king and his concubine. "Ah.. Apologies for my son." 

"So.. Alatus, do you accept this marriage?" The king asks, receiving a slight nudge.

"Don't call me that.. And.. who even is my spouse?" He looks directly at the king, avoiding yet trying to respect. "My.. Spouse." He straightforwardly says.

The king hums a similar tune, something he had never heard of before but it was mildly causing him Deja Vu. "The prince of Mondstadt. Venti, you know him right?" 

"Venti?" Xiao takes a back, looking at his mother and.. father. "The one who transferred here?" 

"That one, yes. Is there a problem?" The king responds.

"Not at all, but.. why him?" 

The king lets out a small chuckle. "Xiao, I know whether you are in love or not. And I know you had been longing for him too. Consider this as an apology for not being there at your hardest times." He smiles gently, "Although, I assume you would never forgive me. Yes?" 

"Never." .

"Fair enough, but please, for the time being, please accept this. This is your only chance to redeem your love to him." He sighs.

"Have you gotten approval of him agreeing?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I? I do help with the contracts, and surprisingly, Morax had given me a wedding one months ago. Maybe it was fate that this came to use." 

"I will and still never trust you, but considering this, deal done." Xiao gets up, going to his room and locking it. — He didn't want to see no one, yet again, his heart flutters as the sudden proposal of his father came in to mind.

"Venti.. His tunes. Venti." Was all he could think of, nothing had stopped him from it, he was the one rather stopping it. He, himself. Has been the one stopping him. "Maybe.. this is decent enough."

iii.

"Venti?" Aether knocks on his door, "Yoohoo, I have you juice that you left. Diluc told me to bring it to you." He puts his ear to the doorknob, hearing little whispers from the prince. 

"Venti?" 

"Xiao.. will.. marry.. me." He mumbles as the other person knocks carefully.

"Aether!" Venti shouts through the door.

"What is it?" He hums, "Oh.. I get it." He sighs, with disappointment in his voice. 

"When is my schedule free?"

"Usually.. At weekdays, Monday, Thursday and Friday. Both at 5 in the evening. Why ask?" 

"Nothing! Thanks!"

Aether facepalms as he realized what he had done. Being friends with a lovesick person, is sometimes concerning at points. Considering the young lord knows both of the yet to be spouses. And he knows a lot about the two spouses along with Lumine. — But then again, this feels like some achievement he had done to improve the two's love. Perhaps not?

But either way, it's not like he cares. He will just see for himself during the wedding. With hope, he and Lumine, his twin sister, can survive the upcoming events.

"Oh yeah!" Venti shouts through the wooden door, "For how long?"

"Around two weeks until me and Lumine can find a suitable mansion here." 

"'Kay, thanks!"

-

hi im back yet again! My writing has improved and the style has changed.

haha . So about the books, what will happen with the journal? What will happen to the two? Will angst drop?

You'll find out, maybe.. something?? And uhh, theres a possibility, though i am not so sure.

(debatable. anyways, if typos please ignore them kindly bc i already checked this liken90 already T^T) anyways, hope you guys enjoyed. toodles! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.1K 54
Aether x Xiao modern times omegaverse story. A fair world doesn't exist, especially with second genders. You might think that finding your loved one...
215K 9.9K 59
[Completed Story :D] Started: August 7, 2021 Finished: February 6, 2022 REMINDER: THIS FANFICTION WAS RELEASED BEFORE HEIZOU'S RELEASE IN GAME THAT'S...
10.9K 389 19
university au this will mostly be in the pov of xiao warning: chapters are short... i have nothing else to put, thats all. i was just bored so decide...
29.9K 928 25
a horribly written xiaoven fanfic i made one random night. Please excuse the horrible grammar and the confusing plot line bc maybe one day i'll have...