Kei's New Beginning | Editing

By HyperKatKei

∆ [[ Featured ]] ∆ Family is everything they say and family always stick together through ups and downs. But... More

🌼 Dedication 🌼
🌼 1. Grey As The Clouds
🌼 2. New Change
🌼 3. The Pikachu Boy
🌼 4. Apology & Forgive
🌼 5. Keeping Secrets
🌼 6. The Earthquake Effect
🌼 8. New Best Friend
🌼 9. Mended Misunderstandings & New Neighbours
🌼 10. The Snow Globe
🌼 11. Window Conversations
🌼 12. The First Kiss
🌼 13. Queen Char!
🌼 14. The Dinner Date
🌼 15. Fake Love & Secrets
🌼 16. Mended Heart & True Friends
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

🌼 7. Mr. Expert

37 6 24
By HyperKatKei

Chapter Song

Chapter Dedication
sugar_hexes

¤¸¸.•'¯'•¸¸.•..>> 7 <<..•.¸¸•'¯'•.¸¸¤

School wasn't turning out to be as great as I had hoped. The campus was enormous, and as usual, I found solace in admiring the school building. It helped me avoid the gazes of other students, who seemed to stare at me as if I were some sort of oddity or troublemaker about to wreak havoc. But at least that meant they kept their distance. The only companions I had were the walls on either side, seemingly watching me as I walked past. They became my silent allies.

I eventually found my way to my locker, and to my surprise, it had a blue key. These lockers were different from the ones I had in my previous school back in my hometown. I unlocked the locker and began stacking my textbooks inside. The weight of the heavy books had been causing strain on my shoulders, so I was relieved to finally unload them.

Suddenly, I heard familiar footsteps approaching. There are certain types of footsteps that have haunted my dreams and nightmares for as long as I can remember. They were unmistakable, imprinted in my mind like glue. As the footsteps drew closer, growing louder and nearer, I turned my head, and my suspicions were confirmed. Standing before me was a figure I would never forget for the rest of my life. Long, brown, straight hair cascading down, fair skin like that of an angel, and a tall, beautifully proportioned body. It was a sight etched into my memory for eternity.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my idiotic, freak of a cousin sister. What are you doing here in a decent school like this?" Her piercing, high-pitched voice echoed in my ears.

Her hand forcefully slammed against my locker, right in front of my face, causing me to flinch. "I told you never to show your hideous face to me, but here you are, right in front of me." Her other hand reached for my cap, but this time, for the first time, I managed to dodge her grasp.

"Leave me alone..." I mustered the words, though they came out soft and muffled.

"What did you say? And how dare you dodge me!" she shouted, laughing at the end.

Ignoring her, I attempted to glance at my timetable to see which class I had first, hoping to escape to my classroom and stay away from her. It was English Literature. I quickly stowed away my timetable in my bag, but she swiftly smacked my backpack, sending it sliding across the floor until it collided with a pair of impressive black Timberland boots. Without looking up at the person wearing them, I began to gather my scattered belongings.

"Are you even listening to me, you nerd? I'm talking to you, bitch!" she screamed, drawing a crowd around us.

My hands tightened around my backpack as a sudden surge of anger coursed through me, from my feet to my head. With my fists clenched, I struggled to contain my anger. It had been a part of me for a long time, but now, it felt like it was becoming increasingly difficult to control. I also had a split personality syndrome, and whenever I was triggered, my personality would shift. Normally, I could manage it, but now it seemed to be spiralling out of control.

"I said, leave me alone, Nessia." I turned towards her, my anger evident and causing her to take a step back.

"Oh, you want to hurt me? Go ahead!" she retorted, seeking refuge behind her two friends, who appeared to be twin girls resembling typical Barbie dolls—one with blue hair and the other with pink hair.

"My life is none of your business. It never was, Nessia. I'm done with your nonsense! If you want to go and tattle to my dad, like you always do, be my guest. I'm not afraid of you." I finally spoke up, mustering all the courage within me, and grabbed my backpack, intending to leave. As I walked past her, I shot her the most intense glare.

"Y-you were never part of this family!" she shouted, causing me to pause in my tracks and turn around.

"I never was, right from the beginning. So, you're just Nessia to me—a stranger. We have no sisterly bond." I smirked at her, but then my eyes fell on those black Timberland boots again.

This time, I took a closer look at the person wearing those boots. As I gradually looked up towards his face, I was taken aback by how familiar he appeared. What sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach was the fact that he was smiling directly at me. He had long blonde hair that was tied up in a man bun, with a few strands falling to the side. His square glasses gave him a foreign and tech-savvy vibe. It suddenly struck me that he resembled Zen's best friend, Andrew. This guy bore such a striking resemblance to Andrew.

He had a black backpack slung over one shoulder, a sports bag on the other, and he was wearing a blue hoodie that prominently displayed the word "Gucci" on the front. He was rocking a Gucci hoodie. Hoodies were my weakness, and here he was, wearing one from my favorite brand, paired with my favorite brand of shoes. He looked more like a celebrity than an ordinary student.

Realizing I had been staring at him with wide eyes, I cleared my throat and turned around to head to class. It was a little embarrassing to have stared at a guy for so long, feeling a twinge of jealousy over his hoodie and shoes. I quickened my pace, but then I felt a gentle pat on my right shoulder. When I turned to look, there was no one there. However, as I spun around to my left, I was startled to find the very guy I had been staring at standing before me.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest in an attempt to calm down.

The guy burst into hysterical laughter, holding his stomach. "I didn't mean to scare you, but that really got you good!" he managed to say between fits of laughter.

His laugh, too, reminded me so much of my brother's friend. The deep voice, the similar appearance, even his height, which had to be over 6 feet, all resembled Andrew Liu Feng.

"Why do you look so much like Andrew Liu Feng? Are you two related? Do you know him?" I blurted out, my curiosity getting the best of me. He stared at me in total shock.

"Andrew is my older brother. How do you know him?" he asked, his surprise evident in his voice.

"He's my brother's roommate and best friend. My brother is Zen Caillen Qianfan. I'm his sister, Kei Jayden," I replied, equally surprised and shocked by the revelation.

"Wait, you're Kei? I thought my brother said you were a guy," he said, observing me closely.

I burst into laughter and sighed. "That's something my brothers do. They used to dress me up like a guy so they could keep an eye on me. When you have only brothers in the family, that's how it goes. I'm the only girl, so yeah, I'm used to it," I explained, still chuckling.

"That's kind of cool," Cian remarked, his voice sounding softer.

Realizing that I might have revealed too much, I quickly changed the subject. "So, you never told me your name," I said with a smile, trying to steer the conversation in a different direction.

"Oh, right, my bad. I'm Cian Lu. Just call me Cian," he replied. "I bet you're new here?" he added, glancing at my timetable.

"Yeah, I'm new. Just starting high school," I replied, studying the directions on the paper in my hand.

"So you're a junior, and I'm a senior," he stated, his voice filled with a hint of amusement.

Caught up in deciphering the information on the paper, I went completely silent. I heard a soft chuckle from Cian, and before I knew it, he had snatched the paper from my hand.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, feeling a little flustered. I hadn't fully memorised everything on the timetable.

"Let the expert show you the way to your class. First tip, never trust the directions given by Mr. Kent, the headmaster. His directions always lead newcomers to a dead end, and they're way too complicated. And judging by your looks, you're completely lost, Kei," Cian said with a laugh, playfully flicking my forehead.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Okay, then, Mister-I'm-The-Expert, show me the way, please."

"Huh, that's quite the way to ask for directions," he chuckled, his sudden cheerfulness reminding me of Jeriko.

After several turns to the left, then right, then left again, we finally arrived at my class. The large letters on the door confirmed that I was indeed in the right place. Cian had been right all along. The directions on the paper were anything but reliable. It felt like navigating through a maze.

"Here you are!" Cian pointed at the door, his smile widening.

"Thank you so much! And I'm sorry for doubting you," I replied with a bright smile.

"It's alright, Kei. You're pretty cool," he said, smiling and winking.

I couldn't help but find his charm appealing, but I composed myself. "Right, so what's with the huge sports bag?" I gestured towards his duffle bag.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me! I have ice hockey practice!" he exclaimed.

"Wow, that's really cool!" I responded, genuinely surprised.

"See you later!" Cian grabbed his belongings and started running off.

It was the first time I had met someone who was more into ice hockey than soccer, basketball, or rugby. Just as I was about to enter my class, Cian came running back towards me. I blinked in confusion, watching him approach.

"I almost forgot!" He handed me a piece of paper, panting slightly from his run. "That's my number. If you ever get lost or need anything, just text me!" he explained, jogging backward as he spoke.

I chuckled and accepted the paper. "Thank you!"

As Cian waved goodbye, I waved back, but my attention was quickly diverted by a group of girls approaching my class. They gave me hostile glares, and one of them even flipped her hair in my face before strutting inside. I rubbed my face where the hair had hit me, wondering what her problem was. Rolling my eyes, I brushed off the encounter and walked into my classroom.

__________

Hey guys! I am back!

Sorry everyone for the late updates. To make up for it, I will be doing bonus chapter updates! Cool right? So, today and tomorrow you will find many chapter updates.

One, I am doing this because I missed chapter update schedules for two to three weeks. So, to get back on my usual schedule, I will be updating chapters.

Two, I am also doing this as a New Year gift! 😎😍

Hope you all enjoy! Also, I hope you liked this chapter! Look forward to the next one. It's gonna be interesting!

Thank you so much to all those that supported my book! It means a lot to me 🤗 I give a great big virtual hug. Virtually hugs everyone

Vote and comment guys! Thank you! And as always, I love all of you!

Will see you all in the next one.

- Kei

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 2K 44
Park Jia has always been a nice innocent girl, who was loved by everyone who knew her. She could brighten a room just by walking in and never failed...
707 26 24
Maybe it's fate, or just bad luck. But these two young adults continue to encounter obstacles as they try to find their way to happiness. Will they l...
Home? By Neutral

General Fiction

97 25 21
8-year old Notus has a strange home life. His dad keeps disappearing for days and then coming back randomly, and his mom's spiraling in mental instab...