Trust No Evil ||BakugoXReader...

By mydadbezeus

Trusting Dabi has led Y/n to her own doom. A contingency plan gives her a second chance of life. With knowled... More

Chap 1: I'm sorry
Chap 2: Birthday?
Chap 3: Woodpecker
Chap 4: A+ In Your Pants
Chap 5: Trouble Magnet
Chap 6: God loves me
Chap 7: Welcome To The Family
Chap 8: You're All Fired
Chap 9: The Boys Are Back
Chap 10: Equals
Chap 11: Blame
Chap 12: Suspicions
Chap 14: Happy Dethroning

Chap 13: Push Her Away

186 12 181
By mydadbezeus

Hiya!
Bye-ya!

Y/n’s POV:

I wiped the drool from my face and lifted my head up. I groaned noticing the drool ruining some of the paperwork, “Some work management I have… a whole slob.” Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I squinted at the light seeping through the windows and groggily got up.

BANG!!

BANG!!

BANG!!

I jumped, surprised at the door banging. Carefully walking towards it, a sudden fear came to me again. A fear that was so familiar to me, the feeling I had last night.

Cyan eyes flashed before my memory and I hesitantly took a step back until,

“YO DUCCHESS YOU IN THERE?! IT’S NOON WOMAN.” Denki’s voice immediately brought me ease, I opened the door and was greeted with a worry stricken Denki. He immediately hugged me upon seeing me, “Oh thank All Might. I thought you fainted or something...” I patted his back and reassured him that I was fine.

“You had me worried. Next time, I’m camping outside your door.” He huffed and puffed his chest out and I let out a dry laugh. Hearing that, he grinned back at me and clapped his hands, “In any case, since today’s ball is of upmost importance… I’ve called a person of upmost importance too!” he went to the door, “Without a further ado, PRESENTING!”

A red carpet rolled out of the door and completely unfurled at my feet, the doors flung open, hitting Denki on the nose as a stunning pink woman sporting a dress that hug her curves, entered. She swing the fur boa around her neck, also hitting Denki in the eyes as she tilted her sunglasses down and winked at me.

“Mina!” I threw my hands up as she struck a pose.

“The one and only Darling!” she wrapped me in a hug, her fur boa tickling my face as I laughed.

“My poor face…” Kaminari crouched but beamed at us. Steadily he got up, “Surprise! She’s here to make sure you look your best today.” I blinked and immediately denied, “Nonononononono! She’s already busy with hero work and the boutique, how can i-YAOW”

My protests went silent as Mina yanked me out of the room with the fur boa wrapped around my waist, “Not the time to be humble young one! I, Mina Ashido, promises to make you the star of today’s ball!”

“but I don’t want to be a star!”

“Nonsense. Who doesn’t want to be a star? Now strip.” She pushed me into my room and ushered Denki out. If Denki teaming up with the maids was bad, then Mina with the maids was a straight up nightmare.

“W-Wait let me just-“

“Get her.”

______

I stood in my knickers as the maids took measurements of my waist, Mina browsed through the rack of dresses she brought and looked back at me, “You hate corsets right? Mine are mad comfortable. You’ll be surprised-OH! ...What happened here..?” she walked towards me and the maid stepped back, Mina pointed at the scar on my stomach with a frown,

“I thought you didn’t get hurt from last night! My BABY!” she was about to storm out but I stopped her, “That scar is old! I really didn’t get hurt from last night.”

She stared at me with doubt but then gave in with a sigh, “Fine… if you say so.” She grabbed my hand and I immediately hissed at the contact. Mina stopped in her tracks and turned my hand,

“Didn’t get hurt huh?”

I hissed and cursed Dabi under my breath, “I forgot that ass burnt my hands.” Mina shook her hand and took out velvet gloves, “In the meantime, wear these and try to catch recovery girl at the ball. Now come on, you have to try these on.”

After trying on a dozen of dresses, we finally settled on a f/c dress, the neckline was deep but nothing too revealing, it was snug on my torso, decorated with various flowers which led to a short front and long back skirt. Mina tugged on the chiffon sleeves and smiled at me.

She puffed her chest out, proud of her work.

Heck even I was, I actually LIKED how I looked in the mirror.

“If that dummy doesn’t compliment you then ditch him and join my boutique.” She nagged as she applied her own lipstick and I realized who she was talking about.

Bakugo

I grimaced at his mention and she noticed, “Hey, I know he’s a tough crowd to please but … I guess he needs time with the whole relationship thing.”

I processed her words, everyone seems to think that we’re some problematic couple who don’t know how to express their love.

HA!

As if. Seems like I’m getting the short end of the deal here honestly. Maybe staying a bachelorette isn’t a bad idea.

While I was plotting my future single life, Denki knocked and entered, “Ladies…and Y/n.”

“HEY!”

“Just messing with you. In any case! As much as I would lovveeeee to escort you two, I have a date!” he adjusted his tie and bumped Mina to the side while he hogged the mirror,

“She finally said yes and I’m gonna make this the best night of her life.” He ran fingers through his hair and winked at his reflection.

Mina bumped him back using her hips and fixed her mascara, “I doubt Jiro agreed just like that!” Kaminari fumed and bumped her back, almost poking her eye with the mascara stick,

“Nu uh! She agreed because I’m charming okay!”

“Grimm is more charming than you.”

“Stop comparing me with the lady killer.” He turned to me and Mina took the chance to bump him onto the floor, “I win.”

And she resumed touching up her face while Denki pouted on the floor, “Those hips really don’t lie.”

I laughed feeling at ease after so long. Grimm entered the room, fiddling with a purple tie on his neck and I smiled, “Well if you’re not gonna escort us Kami, then who will?”

He simply shrugged and Mina gave me a reassuring look, “Don’t worry. I asked Kirishima and Sero to escort us just in case SOMEONE is a ditcher.”

That someone continued to kiss the mirror while Mina glared at him. I realized Bakugo wouldn’t pick me up either, “So… not like I care or anything… but is Bakugo..?”

Denki immediately tensed up and stopped French kissing the mirror, “Uh…he said he had work to do. I’m sorry Y/n.” My shoulders slumped and Mina sensed my disappointment.

She turned to me with a Cheshire grin, “We don’t need those boys to have fun anyway! Just you and me baby!” she linked her arm with me and skipped to the entrance.

She’s really skilled with skipping with heels.

And also lifting moods.

I took a deep breath and consoled myself that everything will be alright.

And if it isn’t?

Then I’ll deal with it.

“Took you long enough.”

My body froze and my jaw dropped to see Bakugo leaning against the carriage. His arms folded with a breathless Kirishima besides him.

Mina arched an eyebrow, “Eh? I thought you were going to be a no-show.” She crossed her arm and turned towards Kirishima who was catching his breath.

I didn’t say anything and just greeted Kirishima who grinned at me. Bakugo noticing my obvious display of ignoring him, turned away and entered the carriage, “Let’s go already!”

I rolled my eyes and got into the carriage with the help of Kirishima, “You both look nice!” Kirishima whispered and closed the carriage door while Mina started to tell him all the details.

They look happy…

I sat opposite to his and fiddled with my dress as the carriage rode off. None of us said anything to each other along the way. I honestly don’t blame his suspicions of me. Other nobles think I’m Tomura’s pawn too anyway.

All I have to do is steer clear of trouble, earn and live.

…also revenge.

The image of the pyro maniac flashed before my eyes and I gritted my teeth. Unbeknownst to me, Bakugo was observing me.

The carriage came to a halt and Bakugo stepped out, this time he actually lent me a hand as I got out. His eyes scanned through the crowd of nobles, his grip on my hand tightened and I swallowed the cry in.

U forgot it got burnt to dumbass?!

Bakugo led us in, a servant escorted us to the ballroom and I straightened my posture as we both took a step in.

“ANNOUNCING PRINCE BAKUGO AND DUCHESS SHIMURA.”

The crowd turned and acknowledged our arrival, my eyes met Yao Momo’s and I gave her a big smile.

Bakugo let go of my hand and set his target to Duke Aizawa, “I’ll…uh.” He turned towards me and stared at me for a good solid minute while I became a nervous wreck under his gaze.

He gently took my hand and pressed his lips on my knuckles, “Excuse me Duchess. I’ll be back.” His eyes met mine and I swear there was a glint of satisfaction in his eyes when he saw my obvious flustered face.

“O-okay- wait why am I stuttering? Yes! Excused!” I said with confidence and looked away from his piercing gaze.

He nodded and walked off. As he slowly disappeared among the crowd, I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.

“My! I didn’t know that his royal highness was so affectionate to his fiancé. I won’t lie, I’m a little jealous!”

A loud voice boomed behind me and I swiftly turned around to meet a blond man with his hair spiked up like a banana, “OH! Greetings Earl Yamada. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

I beamed and he laughed, “No need to be so courteous BUT one good greeting deserves another!”

He returned my greeting and I felt at ease with his presence. It explains Bakugo’s romantic gesture that happened not too long ago.

That actor… my poor heart

“So how’s the dead raising business going?” he quipped and my eyes sparkled.

A … business opportunity!

I grinned as I explained to him the details, him occasionally introducing me to new potential business partners and surprisingly my business skills didn’t falter. At the end of when the earl had to be excused, I excused myself as well and made way to the refreshments table.

I smiled as the fizzing drink helped my parched throat. I was giddy, I was happy, I was-!

“Greetings Duchess Shimura.”

and it’s ruined

My body tensed and I slowly turned around to see the tall man that loomed over me. I immediately took a step back and forced a smile as he smiled back. My chest tightened and I tried to stabilize the breathing that came naturally to my body during stressful conditions.

And THIS…was very stressfull.

I inhaled and beamed, “Greeting Prince Touya. What a pleasure.”

Gag

He smiled, his cyan eyes devoid of any shine that the youngest Todoroki had, “Oh you remembered my promotion from a young duke to a prince? I was hoping to catch the Duchess off guard.”

You caught me off guard when you stabbed my back with a sword.

“I believe his highness will have to try a LITTLE harder to catch me off guard.”

Behind my smile was the gritting of my teeth as he laughed, “Of course how insensitive of me. I forgot that you’ve been under constant threats from the League. Must be devastating… my deepest condolences.”

You cheeky little-

“Oh you’re worried over nothing! The League maybe big and bad but they’re a bunch of chickens.” I met his eyes that seemed to intensify at my remark but his face remained smiling, “Careful now Duchess. You wouldn’t want the league to hear that would you?”

I grinned, “My, you’re worried as if a League member is among us.” I studied his face, the immediate glint in his eyes that screamed of danger but I didn’t falter. I grinned, “My! It was just some light humor! Lighten up your highness. It was just a joke.”

He relaxed at that and closed his eyes, “Ah yes, of course. A joke-”

“Like the league.”

He choked on his drink and I feigned worry, “Oh dear. Are you okay?” I couldn’t care less if he choked

… but this sort of thing can pin me as the bad guy..

“Uh your highness do you need some help-”

THWACK!!

My eyes widened as Bakugo smacked his back to help with the choking.

Touya immediately got himself together and stood back up while Bakugo stood beside me. Casually wrapping an arm around my waist which made my face hotter than Shoto’s left side.

Bakugo smiled at me and then at Touya, “Did my fiancée cause you to choke your highness? You have to excuse her, she’s just funny like that.”

He cocked his head to the side, “What was so funny anyway?”

Bakugo’s POV:

Leave her alone for five minutes and she’s already making someone choke on their drink.

Y/n straightened her posture and coughed, “I was telling him what a joke the League was. Nothing to be choking over though.” She made herself sound sincere but there was a look of mischief in her eyes.

She raised her hands to her mouth in worry but was grinning behind them, “Seems like the League is a personal topic for his highness.”

The man before us stiffened but continued to smile, “Isn’t the League personal for m’lady? She has encountered them many times.”

Wait a minute...is this war?

Y/n didn’t back down, “Yet here I am joking about them. I expected his royal highness to be braver than me but then again! I am at an advantage here. Having a fiancé ready to beat any league member. Like last night! Oh that poor bloke… I felt sorry for him.”

My chest swelled up with pride, I scoffed. Even though it was just some lipservice but coming from her… it felt good.

The prince before us leaned forward towards her and my grip around her tightened, “Then would you let me borrow him? I’ll feel safer.”

“Not a chance.” I answered for myself

“Not a chance.” She answered at the same time as me.

Touya chuckled at that, “ Aren’t you both in sync! You both are made for each other.”

“Don’t be jealous that he likes me better than your highness.”

“Are you sure about that Duchess?”

They both gave each other close-eyed smiles, the atmosphere around them was electrifying and I coughed breaking their showdown.

I took her hand, “The crowning is going to start soon. We should go. Congratulations to your father… your highness.” I shook his hand and gripped it tight, patting the arm as well.

The flinch he gave didn’t go unnoticed.

I smirked, “Enjoy your evening,”

I let go of his hand and took Y/n’s hand. She waved back, “No hard feelings. All jokes.” As soon as we were out of sight, I let go of her hand and cursed.

“Bloody-”

“-Jerk.”

We both looked at each other confused at each other’s insults for him. I spoke first, “What’s your deal with him?”

She swung her arms in an innocent manner, “Nothing at all. What makes you say that?”

I crossed my arms, “Y/n.”

She exhaled, defeated. She turned away from me, “I just… don’t like people who look down at me okay?”

I blinked and felt warm all of a sudden.

Don’t look down at me!

Are you looking down at me?!

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

She snapped her fingers at me, breaking me away from my trance, “You okay? You blanked out for a while there.” I tsked and took her hand,

“Let’s get seated. I don’t want that damn nerd beat me to my seat.”

“Too late Kaachan!” The damn nerd sped past me, the green lightening crackling around him as he dashed towards the cathedral. Y/n laughed, “Looks like he’s about to beat-YAOW!” I lifted her into my arms and hoisted me into the air, “LIKE HELL HE IS!”

“PUT ME DOWN-oh wow what a view.”

She immediately got distracted by the view as I used my explosions to beat Deku. I was just about to reach the cathedral until my feet froze halting me and the damn nerd from taking another step.

We both blinked confused with Y/n still in my arms.

“My my. No manners.” Half and half walked past us, arms linked with ponytail girl as he opened the doors for the cathedral. He looked back at us and smiled,

“I win.”

“Like hell-”

“Todoroki kun why.”

“AGAIN!” Y/n cheered.

She clapped and immediately paled,

“Duke Aizawa is coming this way.”

She immediately jumped off from my frozen arms, “He looks mad…” I immediately blasted the ice off and the damn nerd flicked his finger to remove the ice. We both glared at the half and half idiot who stood at the door.

He immediately made a run for it.

“Get him.”

_________

I scowled as Aizawa sensei scolded us, his scarf wrapped around the three of us, “You three are lucky that Toshinori insisted to let you three have your way today of all days… don’t let me catch you three troubling the guests again.”

Today of all days huh…?

Plop!

Y/n sat next to me after having her share of gossiping with the girls. She turned towards me but I didn’t look at her. This stupid day.

Stupid day

Enji Todoroki entered the cathedral and everyone stood up. The damn nerd was already spilling his tears out while icy hot set his gaze below.

We were seated again as the rescue hero thirteen started the ceremony. All Might stepped ahead and placed the crown on his head as Endeavor took the orb and scepter.

Stupid…day

My chest felt heavy, all I wanted to do was-

A hand wrapped around mine in comfort. I looked to my side, finding Y/n holding my hand.

Is she trying to comfort me? I don’t need anyone’s damn pity! Who does she think she is?! I don’t need anyone’s comfort!

Then push her away.

I gulped as she squeezed my hand while they finished crowning Enji.

Push her away.

The new Emperor turned towards us and thirteen spoke, “All rise…”

Push her away now.

“For the new Emperor…”

What are you so scared for Katsuki?

Push

“Emperor Enji Todoroki.”

Her

“Endeavour!!”

We all rose and her grip loosened as we all stood and bowed.

Away

I caught her hand again before she could completely let go. I held it tight.

....damn it.

______

To be continued

Well that was something. Some... development I guess. I've been very demotivated for this story but I'm still going to continue it.

...maybe I'll rewrite it.

Adiós.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 390 54
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...
32.4K 677 18
tomura shigaraki/dabi x female reader ⚘ after getting out of a relationship, y/n's life isn't all that great. she decides to join the league of villa...
62.5K 2.2K 48
escape escape from reality a slit on her wrist soon followed by two or three all covering both her arms and legs until only a group filled with lies...
143K 4.9K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...