UNTOLD | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 3)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 34 ]

[ 33 ]

29 3 0
By ixfixite_

It was almost time that Aine had arrived back at King's Cross station after departing Hogwarts hours ago. Another year was over and this year left on a bittersweet note after the events that happened. Even so, Aine was glad that it was over and done with, she didn't need another year like this one repeating next but on the brighter side, she didn't just pass her examinations with flying colours, she made some new friends and even found a family which she never knew she had. She wondered how would her father react when she tells him all about it. 

However, she was dreading it a little to find out her father's response, would he be delighted that she knew the truth? She wanted to know why he kept it away as a secret from her knowing how lonely she was growing up alone even with him by her side.

She sighed as she watches the scenery outside the window move by in a blur before it was pitch black as they had gotten into a tunnel. Looking back at her friends, she saw George's eyes on her and she blinks away, shifting to an upright position before she peeks back at him to see him smiling back at her. Her lips flattened into a thin line before curling upwards, she still couldn't quite shake away the awkward feeling between them and it was mostly on her part since he had told her that he could wait.

The compartment door slammed open with Harry and Ron scooting into the already packed cabin. It was already filled with the Weasley twins, Hermione, Ginny, and Aine and with the two boys, it was seven people in the carriage. Ginny scoffs at her brother, pushing her as he took a seat at her former's. They playfully bickered and Fred was, as usual, egging them on while Hermione and Harry couldn't care less since they fight around pretty much all the time. George chuckles at his siblings and Aine was rolling her eyes, trying to diffuse the tension but gave up after one second. 

"Jeez, I hate you!" Ginny exclaimed, tired of pursuing the argument and Ron smirks, "I win."

"No, you won because I let you!"

"I won because you lost."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever!" the girl retorted, crossing her arms as she shuffles her seat closer to Aine who patted her head. 

"Chill, Gin. Take a breath and calm yourself down."

"You're so much better than him, Ai. Ugh, why is he so annoying!" huffs the girl and Ron clicks his tongue. 

"I can hear you!"

Aine and her friends laugh at them, shaking their heads before Hermione pulls open the top of the windows to let the cold breeze cool down the redheads. It wasn't long until Ginny stood up and pulled Aine along out of the cabin, "I want to take a walk. Walk with me, Aine~"

"Want to come along, Mione?" the raven-haired girl asks and the girl shook her head. 

"I'm good. You girls go on ahead. I'll just look after these boys so they don't cause too much trouble." She beckons them to go before eyeing Ron who gave her a wide-eyed look, shrugging. 

"Alrighty! See ya~" Ginny bids before skipping along the narrow pathways of the train's corridor.

Aine narrowed her eyes at her as she hums to a tune, "You just want someone to accompany you to find your boyfriend, don't you?"

A grin crept onto Ginny's face as her eyes dart over to the girl who pouted, "You know me so well. But hey, I can toss you to Malfoy when we're on the way. You guys can flirt all you want then!" 

Aine's pupils grew large at her statement and she quickly covers her friend's mouth, "Ginny!" she hushed and the ginger-haired girl's voice muffled through her hand. 

"Don't pretend you hate that."

"We are just friends! Like close friends."

"Yeah, like hell I believe that!"

"It's true!" Aine told Ginny, her lips slowly twitching upwards and her friend smirks at her. She boops onto Aine's pink nose. 

"You're so cute whenever you try to deny that. Come on, I've seen the way you two look at each other and he's literally staring at you with loving eyes ALL THE TIME!" she said loudly like it was the most normal and obvious thing.

"We are just really good friends, Gin!" said Aine, the pink from her nose was slowly spreading to her cheeks. 

"Well, so was I and Mic." She said, whipping around and walking backwards as she faced Aine, staring straight at her eyes, she grabs her hand and swings it. "Just open your heart a little and let him in. He's a jerk and seems daunting at times but I'm telling you, girl. He seems different whenever he's around you and it seems genuine too. Trust me!"

"Gin..." Aine mumbles softly. She just felt so sudden and all she wanted was to take things slow and steady, she never liked acting impulsively and wanted to consider it deeply and truly. Feelings like these are precious and she didn't want to trample on them without thinking it through. Her hand reaches to her chest and she clenches her sweater, she didn't know why she was being like this. She couldn't understand it and she couldn't fathom why she was so afraid and timid when it comes to things like love. 

Even now, after the things that Draco has done to her, there was still a wall around her heart. Too afraid to let him in, too timid to imagine the outcomes. Just like Ginny, and her other friends, he was someone precious to her too, and this was something she only realized now. Perhaps that's what she needed, a leap of faith and courage.

"You trust me, right?"

"Of course, I do!"

"Good. Because I see things like this very clearly!" winks Ginny and Aine nodded, taking her words into account. 

"Really?" she asks her, amused. "What do you see?" she added and Ginny grins. 

"Malfoy."

Aine blinks in confusion, tilting her head as she repeated her word, "Malfoy?"

"Yeah?"

She jolted at the voice and before she could turn, Ginny smirked at her before lightly pushing her to him. Draco caught her small frame before she could lose her balance and trip and Aine flinched at his hands on her shoulders. She glared at Ginny who waves at her, skipping away into the next carriage, "Enjoy, you annoying lovebirds!"

"For gosh sake, Gin!" Aine yells after her, slapping her forehead as a head peeks out behind her. She quickly got to her feet and scrambled away from his grasp before clearing her throat. "Sorry 'bout that."

Draco smiles, "Don't worry 'bout it." 

They glanced at one another before bursting out into a burst of small laughter together, "How are you doing?" he asked her, eyeing at her as she lifted her shoulders and drop them. 

"Better. It never gets easy to move on from someone leaving but life goes on," she replied, a bitter smile fading onto her face. 

Draco nodded, "I'm sure he's at a better place now."

"Mmhm."

They leaned by the compartment doors as they talked, however, eventually they had to enter an empty cabin because the Slytherin boy's friends were pressing their heads against the glass door, watching their every move until the point it got annoying for Draco and awkward for Aine. Especially Pansy Parkinson who was glaring daggers through the glass, almost as if they were there any longer, the door would crack and break. 

When they were finally alone, Draco said to her as he leans on the window ledge, "So, I heard you found your brother."

Aine raised her brows, scoffing lightly, "Mmhm... I see the rumours spread fairly quickly." She sighs, wondering who was the one who was telling others when the only people she told are her closest friends, and she doubts that they were the ones who leaked the truth. 

Draco let out a light chuckle at her words, "How did you take the news?" he asked and she smiled to herself. 

"Took me some time to let that sink into me. I guess ever since I found out about it, I just slowly accepted it. I mean— It's nice... All my life I thought I was the only child, but when I found out I had a brother, I didn't feel so alone anymore. Even though, I'm not sure when I'll see him again..." she let out a small sigh.

"I'm happy for you, truly. He seemed like a nice man. Although I'm not sure why he tends to glare at me whenever I see him," he replied, giving her a defeated look and she scrunched a smile on her face. 

"I'm sure he'll like you, once he gets to know you better."

"Well, I hope he does," Draco remarked. The boy mirrors her smile, he was glad that she had someone to call family now. Although, he wasn't sure when they'll meet again. Either way, he was relieved that she has another person who could be there for her now. 

They continued chatting, enjoying each other's presence. Draco always thought that he could relax and take away the facade of acting around for a moment whenever he was with her, since she too, knows his true character. She liked being around him too, it was peaceful and quiet, and she wouldn't have to mind saying something just to break the silence and mood. Time seems to pass relatively quickly when they were in their world (cabin), and before they know it, the world outside them had flickered, sceneries changing until it slowed down a stop. 

When they had reached platform nine and three-quarters in central London, students began rushing out of the train to reunite with their families. It has been almost a long year since they saw each other, and many had missed their homes. Aine quickly disembarked from the Hogwarts Express and took her baggage before loading them onto a trolley. She smiled at Draco as he helped her with it before he pushes her trolley away, bickering around with the vehicle.

"Give me back my trunk!" she ordered and he shook his head. 

"Nope!" he retorted with a loud chuckle, playfully zipping away as she ran after him. 

"Oh, Come on!" It was only when Draco realized that she had stopped chasing him and went for his baggage instead. Panicking, he quickly rushes towards Aine, offering a truce as they both got their stuff back.

Their laughter erupted around the station, ignoring the gazes that the Muggles were giving them. Even the looks from their friends didn't bother them until Draco met Aine's father's eyes on him, it was as if he was staring straight into his soul. When Elliot had squinted at the boy,  Draco stopped fooling around. He gulped, hastily ending the little chase he had with Aine. He gave a polite nod to Elliot before whipping around to Aine, "I guess we shall part ways here." 

 Aine huffs through her nose, "Alright then..." She answered dejectedly. Draco smiled at her, "We will meet again, over the summer holidays. I'll send you an owl. I promise!"

The girl immediately brightens up, beaming at him and his eyes widened at her sudden cheerfulness. He felt his ears heat up before looking away, meeting Elliot's piercing stares once more. He turns back to Aine, "See you, Aine."

"Right. Goodbye, Draco!"

He spun around, quickly walking away with his leather baggage in his hand before meeting with his parents who were too, staring at their interaction from before. Aine gave him one small wave before heading to meet with her father.

It didn't take long until she caught sight of her father waving brightly at her next to Hermione's parents. His ash-blonde hair and golden eyes were prominent even in this crowd full of Muggle passerby, wizards and witches. A smile crawled onto Aine's face as she grabbed the trolley of her trunk and Hestia's cage before whizzing towards her father. 

Elliot drops his frown from earlier. He was surprised to see his daughter hanging out with the Malfoy boy and haven't expected their closeness, perhaps they had grown close to each other this year... He thought to himself. Nevertheless, he gave a big grin to Aine who was running toward him. He spread his arms wide and she crashed into him, delighted to see him after so long.

"Oh, sweetheart. Welcome back!" he greeted her with a kiss on her forehead and she giggled. 

"I'm back~" she chirps in return, enveloping her father with another tight hug, "Oh! It's so great to be back!" Aine added. She heard a small giggle beside her and turned her head to meet Hermione's mother smiling kindly over her, she quickly got back to her ground and approached them before giving them a small bow, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Granger! And you, Mr Granger!" 

The couple gasped at her polite demeanour before they took a step towards her, "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Estoileon. Your father has been very kind to entertain us while waiting for Hermione," the lady stated and Aine smiles at her father. 

"It must be a little overwhelming, but I'm glad he has eased you both." 

Elliot walks towards his daughter, placing a hand on her head and looking over her fondly. "You have a beautiful daughter, Mr Estoileon." Mr Granger complimented and Hermione nodded in agreement, she smiles at Aine who looks away shyly. She never handled compliments very well and her friend's parents were very kind and friendly with her. 

They handed a card over to Elliot who took it, he peers down onto the card that stated their full names along with their titles and an address next to it. "If you need any help with your dental issues, do visit whenever you like!" Mr Granger offered them. 

"Dad!" Hermione exclaimed, flustered at her father's sudden actions.

"Thank you. We will do that." Elliot replies with a handshake which the Granger man returned with a shake. 

The Grangers soon left afterwards before Hermione rushes back to Aine and clutches the girl's hands, "Promise you'll write to me this summer," she told her, and Aine nodded with a reassuring smile. 

"I will. You too, alright?" 

"Of course!" the brunette giggles. She hurriedly ran back to her family before bidding them both goodbyes with an energetic wave.

Elliot looks at his daughter and moved over to her trolley, "Shall we head back?" he asks her, "I made a feast to celebrate your return, and even baked your favourite peppermint chocolate cake too," he added and her golden eyes bulged open, excited. 

"Really?" 

"Yup. I thought it might lift your spirits."

"Spirits already lifted! What are we waiting for? Let's go, dad!"

The Estoileons soon departed King's Cross station to head back to their humble home. It had been a long time since Aine had set foot in her home, there were some minor changes made by Elliot around the house too. The kitchen especially had newer equipment, the cauldrons and pots were all new and polished, and the colour of the wood had been lightened from the usual walnut shade to a soft white colour. It made the whole house seem bigger and different too. In a good way.

They quickly settled in and Aine dropped all her baggage in her room that she had missed so much before heading down to the kitchen to help her father prepare for dinner before tucking into the home-cooked food that she had craved. Elliot's food was always Aine's favourite, no matter what he had cooked up, it was just absolutely delicious and pretty to look at too. The father-daughter pair were both famished after a long evening and very quickly, they finished their dinner.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

A little short chapter before the last one since I really wanted the next chapter (last) to be like a wrap up of all the events that happened throughout this book. Just a little better closure as there are some parts I wished to address. I can't believe the end of this third book is coming! So much has happened since I began writing the third book and it has definitely been a journey to look back on.

I really appreciate all of you for taking the time to read my not-so-perfect story! It really means the world to me that you are even reading this. I know I said it lots of times, but I truly mean it. So, thank you so much! 

I love you all so so much, and I'll see you in the next chapter! Stay safe and take care! Do upvote and comment if you like~

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
313K 12.1K 38
An 8th year Drarry fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, but Draco doesn't need words to understand him. After spending the summer together and beg...
205K 7.4K 44
~ Year three ~ Warning: This is the third book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...
3.5K 155 25
*Completed* Aine Estoileon was just an ordinary girl living over the hills of the outskirts of England, Devon. She grew up believing she was normal a...