affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
25. mistakes made
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

68. ring shopping

1K 39 23
By SKULLJIN

068

Devora did not anticipate spending her Saturday evening ring shopping.

Fake ring shopping.

But, this was kind of her fault.

Hobi had consented to Devora's plan, pledging that they wouldn't be telling the other members about the family problems Hoseok was facing.

In their mind, Hoseok's father would just want to hear about the marriage proposal, and perhaps see the ring that he handed her.

Hoseok was confident that he wouldn't shove him any further, and that he would finally drop it once he saw that he was soon to be married.

Shortly after they conspired their fake proposal, Devora went along with Hobi to get his clothes and essentials to take up the space in Devora's guest bedroom.

The bleeding colors of rue contaminated her racing heart once they had arrived at department stores, although it was all fake just so Hobi can finally be at peace with his father — she still felt awful with herself.

Hobi didn't say anything regarding Jungkook, whether he shouldn't know about their fake engagement.

Devora played it safe, though, assuming she couldn't since it tied together with Hoseok's family problems — He wanted to keep that information between the two of them.

Hoseok would only stay for a bit, until then she would keep it from Jungkook.

Air gasped through her lips, the corner of her eyes tightened at all the luminous jewelry that screamed for her attention.

Her phone buzzed, thwarting her concentration from the rings to the latest messages she received.

It was from Jungkook.

Her dubious mood was lifted, her weakened heart now beating with pleasure.

He sent a photo of his family dog, Gureum, which meant he must've been at his parent's house that evening.

I wish you were here with me.

She smiled at his text, double-tapping the photo to leave a heart, but she was interrupted.

"Did you see any that are pretty believable?" Hobi showed up from behind her, lowering his tinted sunglasses to view the jewels.

She put her phone down. "Oh, not really. All of the ones that look real are literally the real ones, I can't find any fake marriage ones." Sighing, tapping the fiberglass with her nails.

He hummed, placing his elbows on the counter. "Well, what about this one?" His finger pointed at a fake solitaire diamond ring.

Her shrewd eyes squinted, leaning in closer with Hobi to get a good look at the ring he was referring to.

"I'm sorry, I think I completely missed that one." Her head shook, crossing her arms.

Hobi looked up at her, laughing at her comment.

A ripple of laughter brightened her melancholy and guilty soul.

"I'm just- I just feel bad for the other members." She put a hand on his shoulder, sighing out of despondency. "I know I'm only helping you out, and I really want to. But, for some reason, I feel like I'm in the wrong if I have to hide this from them."

"Yeah that's true, you're hiding it from them but only because I don't want to make the others worry." Hobi immediately reassured her. "It's my fault you can't tell them, don't blame yourself."

"No, no it's not your fault." She eyed the jewelry. "I want to help you, and I promised that I'd give you a place to stay. So, that's what I'm gonna do."

The two of them decided to go with the fake solitaire stainless steel wedding ring that Hobi had picked out.

Hobi even got a wedding band for himself as well, in case his father would be asking for pictures and wanted to see his ring.

They wrapped up their brief expedition, having to keep in mind that Hobi was a celebrity. The public kept eyes on him at all times, and him wearing sunglasses with a bucket hat inside a heated store looked questionable itself.

Thankfully, they were able to get out of there without drawing any attention to themselves, and were finally at Devora's apartment.

"Did you need help unpacking your clothes?" She offered, removing her shoes by the front door. "I have a closet in the guest bedroom, you shouldn't have to keep your clothes in that suitcase."

Hobi grabbed his things that were placed beside the couch. "No, you don't have to unpack my clothes, but having a closet would be nice." Cheerfully agreeing to her offer.

It was then that Devora realized that she was still playing the role of his executive assistant.

She was so accustomed to doing things for him, that it was almost second-hand nature to offer him things, and make sure he was pleased with everything.

Nevertheless, Hobi didn't want her to have to scavenge through his clothes or boxers, and he would never force her to do labor that he was capable of doing himself outside of work.

Devora felt her cheeks heat up. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm so used to being your assistant." Grabbing hold of the things he struggled to carry. "Come, I'll show you where you'll be staying."

She led the way into the darkened hallway, opening a door that was a bit further away from where her bedroom was.

It wasn't a complete guest bedroom, it was still missing a couple of things.

She still had a mattress with a wooden bed frame and a small nightstand that stayed in one corner of the room.

Devora chortled, stepping inside the cold room. "There's not much, but the closet is right over here."

"No, it's perfect! I like how simple it is." His coffee-brown eyes darted in every corner. "It's a guest bedroom, it shouldn't be too lavish." Placing his suitcase beside the open closet doors.

"Oh, do you think I can shower? I brought my towel." He asked in a hopeful tone.

"Of course, it's right down the hall, the last door." Devora instructed, walking out to show him. "You can unpack, I'll make sure the shower is ready." Still having it in her to aid Hobi like an assistant.

She just wanted to make sure her bathroom was presentable, and everything on the counter was put away.

She left the lights on, and the door open so he wouldn't struggle to find it.

Devora had been running around all over the place to get things prepared for Hobi, very much so, she forgot she had to dress out of her clothes as well and unwind for once.

However, there was something that kept gnawing at her, almost as if she had forgotten to do something.

'Well, I've done practically everything I needed to do...' Devora mused, looking in her bedroom to encounter any clue on what she was misremembering.

She let out a weary sigh, sitting on her mattress to manage her jumble of thoughts.

Devora shut her eyes, taking in the peaceful silence her comforting room provided, along with the cozy mattress that eased her pounding heart, positioning her in this serene state of mind that she had been dreaming of all day.

This fond reverie came to an exasperated halt when she heard her phone ringing.

Instantly, her eyes shot open.

Her heart dropped. "Shit, I forgot to text Jungkook."

Her hands scrambled over the heap of sheets, scouring for her blaring phone.

She got hold of it, wasting no time in answering.

"Hello?" Her voice seemed trampled with anticipation, adjusting herself on her bed.

"Hey?" Jungkook responded, bewildered that she appeared to be thoroughly confused that he was calling.

"Oh, Jungkook Hi!"

"Are- uh are you okay?" He asked, detecting the abnormal tone she utilized.

She mumbled, bringing her knees up to her chest. "Yeah of course I am, why?"

"Well, you haven't responded since I got home, and you normally respond faster so I got worried."

Devora bit her lower lip, cursing at herself for being so oblivious and forgetful.

Jungkook wasn't the type to be toxic over an unresponded message, but it was moreover the fact that Devora was in such a vulnerable state the night before when he was there.

All he could think about was if she was struggling with her paranoia and anxiety.

Since she wasn't responding to him, it troubled him even more.

"I'm sorry Jk, I've just been busy." Devora groaned, thinking about all the tasks she had completed that day. "I've just been trying to get my mind off things, and distract myself so I won't be so paranoid."

Her shoulders were tense telling him her story, and to her, it just played out like a collection of excuses to keep Hobi's visit a secret.

She was only helping a friend out.

What's so wrong with that?

"It's okay, you don't need to validate yourself. I get that things can get stressful."

That tight string tied around her shoulders snapped, soothed that he had the ability to be so empathetic, and so understanding.

"I'm sorry I didn't respond, I hope your day was better than mine." Laying her head on the pillow below her.

He chuckled. "I just spent some time with my family, so it was fine."

The water coming from the shower Hobi was going to take had turned on, it was a sound Devora never expected herself to grow anxious from.

"Are you gonna shower right now? Do you want me to let you go?"

Her eyes shut, holding her breath.

"Y-yeah, I got so caught up with you, I forgot that I was gonna shower." She laughed, rubbing her hand against her knee. "Let's call after I finish, we can talk before bed."

His voice was embellished with vibrancy, "Let's do that. I really missed you today, babe."

"I'll call you. I promise" She returned, cheeks burning. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Take your time to wash up, don't rush for me." He advised her.

They said their quick goodbyes before Devora hung up.

She knew how challenging it was going to be to keep things from Jungkook. He was able to read her like a book, detecting the slightest modification in her tone, and immediately wanting to know if she was okay.

She was appreciative of how attentive he was, but for her current situation, it was going to be rather difficult.

There was a knock on her open bedroom door.

Hobi was standing there with an apologetic expression. "Sorry to interrupt, I know I'm supposed to be showering. But, umm... my dad just called me and said he's arranging dinner reservations for tomorrow to meet with you."

Devora was struck dumbfounded, sitting up from her slouching position.

"W-What do you mean?" She stammered, unable to grasp his words. "Like, just a small party with him and your family?"

She kept her fingers crossed, praying that it was just a small family gathering.

Hobi's hand clasped around the doorknob, standing as clueless as she was. "That's all he said. A small dinner at their house with just family."

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 22 9
"My crush -screw that- Jungkook is too tall for me to kiss him on the lips." Taehyung's lips curled into a pout and he sighed. "What should I do?" "...
157K 7.3K 24
They say 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 is a beautiful feeling and Having a 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛 is a feeling that only we, ourselves can...
6.2K 341 30
HIGHEST RANKING: #31 in btsjk "I love you.. I love you so much!" he kissed me passionately and looked at my eyes "I'll be there to protect you at any...
103K 3.3K 17
Jimin: Y/N..... * He tried to grab my hand again but I shrugged my arm away from him harshly.* Y/N: You were not there, Jimin, when I needed you, you...