Verboten Temptations

By Imbrication

“N-nothing” I stammered out, trying to scoot back. But he kept the distance filled each time. Soon, my back w... More

Chapter 1: Marcus Meets Dante
Chapter 3: Growing Weak
Chapter 4: Mystery
Chapter 5: Dante's POV
Chapter 6: Call Me Crazy
Chapter 7: Unexplained Feelings
Chapter 8: Bro Time
Chapter 9: Sentimental Set-Up
Chapter 10: Let the Drama Begin
Chapter 11: Kisses Down Low
Chapter 12: Things Get Real
Chapter 13: Wild Nights
Chapter 14: Sean's Little Secret
Chapter 15: An Angry Marcus
Chapter 16: Sweet to Sour
Chapter 17: Confessions Gone Awry
Chapter 18: The Blues
Chapter 19: Dr. Feel Good
Chapter 20: Sweet Memories
Chapter 21: Goodbye, New York!
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home? Not!
Chapter 23: The Boy Next Door
Chapter 24: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25: A Big Little Secret
Chapter 26: F*ck Your Apology
Chapter 27: Chanel Gets Exposed
Chapter 28: Relieving The Tension
Chapter 29: A Chance With Love
Chapter 30: Jaw-Dropping
Chapter 31: Dante's Birthday (Part 1)
Chapter 32: Dante's Birthday (Part 2) - Too Far Gone
Chapter 33: Closure and Apologies
Chapter 34: Kiss This Class Goodbye
Author's Chapter: Behind the Story

Chapter 2: He's A Tease

23.1K 772 307
By Imbrication

Hello readers! Here's more of Verboten Temptations. This chapter probably isn't the most exciting either but bare with me, it's getting there. Don't be a ghost reader either. Let me know what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                I walked through the front door and could smell the food my mom was cooking. Jasmine was sitting on the couch talking on the phone like always. I didn’t speak as I walked to my room quickly.

 “Oh Marcus, you’re home.” My mother said as I was half way up the stairs. I didn’t really want to talk to anyone. My mind was cloudy and I was so confused, but yet I was also anxious and antsy. The subject you ask? Dante.

 “Yeah. I’m tired from practice.” I said, hoping she wouldn’t ask me how my day was. She looked at me for a moment before heading towards the kitchen. Phew…

                 I closed my bedroom door and plopped down onto my bed. As I recall today, it’s just been so much going on like me and Chanel going through our routine relationship problems, the extensive band practices, and meeting Dante. Dante…Why am I so infatuated with Dante? Why am I having strange thoughts and feelings about Dante? I believe I’m straight. I KNOW I’m straight. Or at least I just try to keep it that way. Like I mentioned before, this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had these strange feelings towards a guy…though I hate to admit it. I’ve never touched a guy in a romantic way but have had thoughts plenty of times. But I’m with Chanel and plan to keep it that way. Despite our problems, we make it through. I love her. She loves me. We’re even planning to go to the same college next year. I closed my eyes and sighed before soon getting up to change out these hot clothes from school. I put on a beater and some basketball shorts on and then picked up my polo shirt and jeans to go put them in the laundry. The small piece of paper slipped from my back pocket of my jeans as I flung them over my shoulder. I froze.

                 I knelt down and picked up the paper, realizing it was the paper Dante gave me with his number on it. I was scared to talk to him because of my thoughts, but I didn’t want to just be rude and throw the number out and cut off contact with him period. Why would Kelsey suggest me hanging out with Dante? She’s the friendly one. I crunched the paper in my fist and walked back to my room. I could hear my mother shouting that dinner was ready so I set the paper down and went downstairs. A young man still gotta eat. I love me some food!

 “Is everything ok?” My mother asked handing me my plate. I sighed a little and forced a smile.

 “I’m ok mom. These extensive band practices are just a bit tiring.” I said, not lying, but that’s not what’s exactly bothering me, ya know? My mother kissed my forehead and smiled.

 “My little musician.” My mom breathed out before kissing my forehead again. I rolled my eyes and smiled genuinely. I could hear Jasmine laughing at me as she stood in the dining room.

 “You were my little musician too before you quit your senior year.” My mom said and Jasmine stopped laughing. I smiled as Jasmine fell speechless from being burned by our own mother. Haha. But Jasmine did do band when she was in high school. She played trumpet and was really good on it but got tired of the people in the band by her senior year. I believe I was just in 9th grade and I was just joining the band myself. I’m digressing a bit but I don’t care. I ate my food – meatloaf with mashed potatoes and greens – quickly and went back to my room to prepare to go to sleep. Then I thought about doing something.

                 I stared at the paper on my study desk which held Dante’s number. I wanted to text him…maybe? My phone started vibrating, startling me a bit. Chanel’s calling.

 “Hey Baby…” I say hesitantly. I don’t really want to talk to anyone but the last thing I want is to tell Chanel that and she flips.

 “Hey Marky. I was just calling to see if you made it home. You never called and informed me.” She said with some annoyance in her voice. Shit I forgot!

 “I’m so sorry baby. I was busy with my mom the moment I walked through the door.” I said lying of course. It’s not right but I’m in no mood for Chanel’s attitude. She seemed to soften as I said that.

 “Oh ok. What’re you doing?” Chanel asked kindly. I smiled to myself. I love it when Chanel is calm and nice. Being the sweet girl I fell in love with.

 “Just got up into my room. Laying down.” I said tiredly. “You?”

 “I just got done with my calculus homework and just practiced some counts and j-settes.” She replied. Chanel was also a majorette. She does that during marching band season instead of playing her flute and really is good at it. She’s actually section leader of the majorettes, which are called the Exquisite Gems. All the dancers in Exquisite Gems are thought to be the most “beautiful” girls in the school and are very conceited and can be stuck-up. It’s not hard to see how Chanel eventually became section leader but you didn’t hear me say that…

 “Oh that’s cool. You must be tired now.” I said, hoping she was just calling to say goodnight. I really want to text Dante – I mean – I don’t want to talk to anyone.

 “Yeah, I am kind of tired. I have a question though.” I groaned under my breath. “What is it?” I breathed out.

 “Is everything OK? You seemed out of it at practice today.” Chanel said.

 “I’m fine baby. Really. I’ve been tired and these practices wear me out. I’m a little sleepy now.” I replied quickly. She was silent on the other end for a moment.

 “Well I guess I’ll let you go to sleep Marcus.” She said sounding a little disappointed. “I love you.”

 “I love you too.” I said hanging up. I threw my body on the soft sheets of my bed and I stared up to the ceiling. I don’t even feel like texting now. I shut my eyes and exhaled slowly, falling asleep.

 //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

                 Me and Chanel got out the car in the school yard and she was yapping about the trip to New York again. I was semi-listening because my mind was elsewhere. I slept so peacefully last night after I got off the phone with Chanel. My slumber was dark. No dreams or nightmares clouded the back of my eyelids. Though when I did wake up, I wondered what would happen today if I saw Dante.

 “Marcus are you listening?” Chanel said pulling me from my thoughts. I nodded and smiled. I didn’t have to listen because she always said the same thing when talking about the trip. How fun it’ll be, how her and Dorothy are going to do a duet, how she’s gonna take so many pictures, what she’s gonna wear, and all that other good stuff. She rolled her eyes and looked at a clock in the hallway.

 “Well I need to get to class. Don’t want to be late.” She said kissing me passionately and walking away. Her lips were so soft and sweet. I wanted more but knew I wouldn’t get more for the time being. I smiled walking to the band room.

                 I stiffened as I came through the doors and saw Mr. Howard with him. Dante looked up at me then looked back Mr. Howard, continuing their conversation.

 “Good morning Marcus.” Mr. Howard said turning to me.

 “Good morning Mr. Howard.” I said cooly, trying to keep my composure in front of Dante.

 “I’m sure you’ve met Dante?” Mr. Howard said gesturing to Dante. I looked into Dante’s eyes and felt my heart stutter. What the actual fuck? I love Chanel and only Chanel. I mentally slap myself and break the gaze between Dante and I and nods to Mr. Howard’s question.

 “Kelsey introduced us.” I said.

 “Well as you know he wants to join the band. I got a hold of the band director at his old school and he said Dante was really good. I want you to test him on his scales and see it that he knows how to clap and count his music. If he doesn’t, tell me so I can teach him.” Mr. Howard said. I was Mr. Howard’s right hand man so I couldn’t possibly say no and believe me, I’m reluctant in having to spend alone time with Dante, but it’s like I want this to happen. I’m confusing myself dude.

 “Sure thing Mr. Howard!” I said with a smile, hiding my terrified and hesitant attitude.  Mr. Howard smiled and went to his desk and picked up his keys. Please don’t tell me he was about to leave me alone with Dante?!?!

 “Quick errand. I should be back in 15 minutes tops.” Mr. Howard said slipping into his coat. “You know the drill Marcus. Watch the band room and start testing with Dante.” I gulped silently and stared at Mr. Howard for a moment.

 “You have my word…” I forced myself to say. Mr. Howard looked to Dante and back to me before he went out the room. I didn’t dare look to Dante. I quickly went in the instrument room and got my clarinet out the cabinet. When I walked back to the main room, Dante was looking at me. I wasn’t certain if I could handle this anymore and wanted to bail.

 “So I want to do my scales on a trumpet.” Dante said with that deep, sexy voice of his. Here I go again. I glanced quickly at him and nodded.

 “OK, I’ll go get you a trumpet.” I said calmly. Dante suddenly walked closer towards me with a questioning look on his face.

 “What’s the matter?” His voice filled my ears and I looked down to my clarinet in hand.

 “Nothing? I only said I was going to get you a trumpet.” I said with annoyance heavy in my voice. He seemed taken back by my response but now moved a little closer to me.

 “Show me to the instrument storage room then. I have to know what instrument it is I’ll be using so I don’t grab someone else’s trumpet by mistake when I’m on my own.” Dante said softly. I shivered by his tone. I can’t even deny that he’s attracting me more and more, though I really don’t want to admit it. Chanel is my girlfriend and I love her. I won’t hurt her. But with Dante in my presence, he puts those thoughts in my head. Thoughts that I can’t even explain. He makes me question my  own sexuality. Could I be bisexual?

 “Follow me…” I murmured walking back towards the instrument room. He seemed so close behind me as we walked past the many cabinets that contained instruments. As I turned around, I met his light brown eyes. Oh my lord…

 “What?” Dante asked stepping into my space. Our chests only centimeters apart. It’s like he read my mind as he stared deeply into my eyes. His dark brown skin seemed so smooth and from the fitted shirt he was wearing, I can tell he had a nice toned body. His sexy lips hovered closed to mine as he was so close. He was like my kryptonite.

 “N-nothing” I stammered out, trying to scoot back. But he kept the distance filled each time. Soon, my back was against some cabinets as I ran out of room. My heart was racing as he took his last step, closer than ever.

 “I’m not gay…” I said calmly, but panicking inside. He raised an eyebrow and his lips came closer to mines.

 “Who said you were gay? Who even said I was gay?” Dante asked with amusement in his voice.

 “Why are you so close then? Like you’re going to kiss me?” I asked, trying to stay cool and not show any anxiety.

 “Why have you not pushed me away?” He asked me, bringing up a valid point. Why have I not pushed Dante away? I slowly raised my hand and placed it on his chest, applying a little force. I slip past him and he turns to face me with a smirk. I ignore him and grab a trumpet out the cabinet and give it to him. Dante looks at me and chuckles before walking back to the main room. What the fuck? What was that about? I leaned against the cabinets and took in a deep breath. I could hear Kelsey as she entered the band room so I walked out the instrument room.

                 Kelsey sat her bags down and gave Dante a hug and then she saw me and squealed.

 “Hey Marcus!” Kelsey said bear hugging me.

 “Kelsey! You’re hurting me!” I breathed out with a chuckle. She released me and looked to Dante again.

 “How are you Dante?” Kelsey asked. Dante smiled and glanced at me quickly.

 “I’m great. Marcus has been showing me around the band room.” Dante replied. I rolled my eyes. He tries to rape me in the instrument storage room and he thinks it’s hilariously. Well he didn’t try to rape me but I think he would’ve kissed me. Dante has to be gay or bisexual.

 “I’m glad you two are getting along.” Kelsey said heading to go get her clarinet. I turned to Dante and glared at him. He looked into my eyes and smiled sweetly.

“You aren’t funny.” I muttered. His light brown eyes gleamed at me with delight as those words poured out of my mouth.

 “If you say so.” He said with a shrug acting nonchalant now, like nothing happened. Kelsey came back with her clarinet smiling. “Let’s run through some scales”.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Marcus totally got the hots for Dante? :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 4.6K 14
[BXB] "You know Luke the more you stutter the cuter you get" And that was the very moment I broke, his emerald eyes burning into me as I folded, his...
80.6K 3.6K 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips; his hands gently gripping my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. ...
Mine By Kate

Romance

279K 7.1K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...
3.9K 219 43
"What are you talking about? What feeling?" I let go of him and looked at him "me too" he looked at me for a couple of seconds, then he started laugh...