Call My Name

By Bp_hiu

Wherein, Lalisa tried out for their school volleyball team and she met the strict, brutal, and talented Capta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
C1: Special Abililty
C2: Volleyball Team
C3: Bad Singer
C4: Club
C5: Try Out
C6: Match
C7: Subway Station
C8: Training
C9: Captain Bitch
C10: Secret
C11: Bike
C12: Jersey
C13: Punch
C14: Worth It
C15: New Season
C16: Tiring Day
C17: Sleep
C18: Dinner
C19: Keep Everything Inside
C20: Love Hotel
C21: We Are Just Friends
C22: In Love With My Bestfriend
C23: Second Game
C24: Effort
C25: Comfort
C26: Friends
C27: Run Away
C28: Hurting
C29: Third Game
C30: Camping Trip
C31: Full Moon
C32: Smiley Monkey
C33: Rude But Sweet
C34: Lowkey
C35: Thesis
C36: Great Tandem
C37: Secret Girlfriend
C38: Same Situation
C39: Pervert
Happy New Year!
C40: Midnight Club
C41: Auction and Prize
C42: Gifts
C43: Replacement
C44: Physically and Emotionally.
C45: Our Dear Monkey
C46: Hangover
C47: Jealous
C48: One-on-One
C50: Continuation
C51: Departing
C52: Visit
C53: Savings and Black Card
C54: Tease
C55: Best Night [M]
C56: Tempting
C57: Planning
C58: Family Day (Manobans' and Kims')
C59: I'm Yours
C60: Possessive and Teritorrial
C61: Fangirl Fiancee
C62: Joke
63: Happiness
C64: 'Us' 'We'
C65: Wedding
C66: Ms. And Mrs.Manoban
C67: Good Morning [M]
Epilogue

C49: Championship Game

32.2K 1.1K 193
By Bp_hiu

Artist: Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels
Song: I Miss You
Album: What Is Love?

Jisoo

It's our championship game today and our captain, Jennie, is acting very strange today, like she's not in herself right now because her eyes keep wandering somewhere else.

Why does she look like she committed something bad or is planning to commit something bad?

I hope she is not planning to kidnap our dear monkey. If she is, we can't save our dear monkey because Jennie has a lot of power, and I know she won't accept ransom in exchange of our dear monkey.

I sat beside her, which made her flinch. That added to my suspicions because how could she flinch when she knows I'm walking towards her?

"Tell me, you son of a bitch, what are you planning?" I whispered to her, earning an eye roll from her. "Another eye roll from you. I promise you and Limario won't ever going to happen again."

"I will kill you if that happens." She fired back while sending a deadly glare at me.

"Jen, have you already decided between Hoyeon and Limario?" She nodded, which made me look at her with confusion. "Who did you choose then?"

"Who else? Of course, my baby monkey. " She confidently answered.

"Who is that monkey? Hoyeon or Limario? " She facepalmed herself and sighed in disbelief. "I forgot she was dumb." I didn't know if it was meant for me to hear or not, but whatever.

"Of course, the one and only baby monkey in my life, it's Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban-Kim." She replied with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Since when did Limario became a Kim? I didn't know that she was a Kim, especially since the surname written on her jersey is Manobal, not Kim. Did her mom ma—" I didn't continue my statement anymore when she stood up from her seat, leaving me behind.

I scratched the back of my head and shook my head in disbelief.

"Aissh, this cold-hearted bitch."

My teammates were starting to leave the locker room, and I walked beside Rosé to check on her if she was okay, since I know she was nervous.

"Don't be nervous, it's just a game." I told her and patted her shoulder.

"There are a lot of famous coaches scouting us. I can't help but feel nervous. " She replied.

"I thought you wanted to be a songwriter or a singer." I confirmed it and she nodded.

"You are right about that, but I heard that the salary of a volleyball star is higher than a songwriter." She said, which made me laugh.

"You don't need a high salary since you are from a family of lawyers and business tycoons." 

She held my shoulder and leaned towards my right ear.

"The allowance they are giving me is still not enough for my food, so I need to have a high salary or else I will die of starvation." She whispered so no one could hear her.

"You don't have to worry. Just be with me and I will take care of your food expenses." I winked at her, making her blush.

Rosé isn't the type of woman who will be moved by your sweet or cheesy pick-up line, but if it's about her food, she'll blush like she's sick.

Therefore, I'm always bringing her to buffet restaurants, and almost all my gifts for her are coupons from buffet restaurants. If eating

all you can is her philosophy in her life, then it will be food for life.

•••

Third Person

KM University and SNU are both standing in front of the net. The players are both facing each other. 

They sang the national anthem of South Korea, and the referee briefly explained the rules. 

As soon as the referee finished reminding them of the rules, he did a toss of the coin to distinguish who would serve first.

Jennie guessed the coin correctly.

Instead of serving first, she chose court, so she will chose which side of the court she wanted to play on.

It's not new to the KM University team that Jennie will choose court every championship game since they always win the first set on the right side of the court.

The first six of KM University are Jennie, Rosé, Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, Irene, and Sana.

Jessi was the one who chose the first six. Even though Jennie wanted Lisa and Jisoo to be in the first six, Jessi disagreed with her.

Rosé was the setter for the first set and she stood in front of Hoyeon, the setter for Seoul National University.

"It's nice to play with you in the championship, but it's sad that we are not playing on the same team." Rosie said to Hoyeon, who was a bit surprised because Rosie talked to her.

"Yeah, you are right. At least you can now play in the championship game. " Hoyeon replied with a smile on her face.

Lee Yoomi of SNU was the first one to serve the ball. The referee blew the whistle cue for her to serve the ball, which she did flawlessly.

Sana received it, which Rosie tossed to Jeongyeon, who was waiting for her. She spiked it, but half of the SNU players blocked her to make sure the ball wouldn't come inside their territory.

The ball went back to the KM. Irene was the one who chased the ball and Sana hit it above the air. 

Jennie took a step forward for memontum, and she spiked it strongly to the other side. SNU was too late to block her, so their libero received it with a groan.

She didn't expect that spike from Jennie.

Hoyeon jumped to toss the ball, but she did the opposite. She spiked it to the other side, but luckily, Rosé predicted what Hoyeon was planning.

KM received one point.

"Good job, Rosie Posie!!" The other six left in the bleachers shouted in unison while clapping their hands.

KM University supporters cheered for them, and that made SNU supporters go quiet.

Jennie grabbed the ball and walked towards Sana, who would be doing the service.

"Try to hit it in their libero's direction." Sana was a bit confused by Jennie's behavior today because it was the first time Jennie was not demanding and scary.

'I guess our dear monkey's effect is pretty strong.' Sana said to her thoughts while she dribbled the ball, waiting for the referee's cue.

Once she heard the whistle, she quickly hit it, not wasting any more seconds. Sana's sudden attack made the SNU slightly panic, but they managed to receive the ball and they did a quick set like how they saw in the last game of KM. They copied it, but Tzuyu, the famous blocker of KM, didn't let them score.

She blocked the ball alone, and the ball went back to SNU so that it almost hit Hoyeon's face.

'How I wish it had really hit her face.' Tzuyu said in her mind while she was looking where the ball was.

SNU tried a different technique. Hoyeon did a feint, which caught Tzuyu off guard. Rosie who is near where the ball went, she didn't think twice and she dived in the hard floor just to catch the ball.

She caught it, and Jennie hit it to the other side.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked Rosie, who was slowly standing up from the hard floor. Her dive didn't go smoothly, especially when she wasn't wearing a knee pad.

"I'm fine, just watch my back for me. I can't really move like before." Rosie smiled at her and she tapped her left thigh, signaling Jennie about her left ankle injury.

"Unnie, I will take care of the left back. Just watch Rosie back." Jennie told Irene, receiving a nod of agreement from Irene.

The first set didn't go easily for both teams since they were both determined to win because it would give them a lot of advantages if they won today's championship game.

A lot of famous coaches in women's professional volleyball are watching them throughly to look for a possible volleyball star.

Both teams' parents were all present, even Jennie's parents, who had never attended her games before. They are really serious about making everything up to get Jennie's forgiveness and to be responsible parents for her.

Even her Uncle Woosung and Auntie Haneul attended the game along with Kai and his no longer secret girlfriend, Krystal.

Because of a lot of powerful people's appearances in today's championship game. A lot of players are showing their best, so the powerful and famous people will think of offering them an opportunity when they graduate from college.

The majority of volleyball players wanted to be scouted by the famous couple in terms of both business and sports teams, who are Marco and Chittip.

Everyone wants to train under the famous, professional, smart, and strict Marco, who had an extraordinary chemistry with Chittip, the fitness specialist. 

Everyone who has been trained by this couple has gone on to become well-known players all over the world. No wonder why everyone is eager to work with the couple.

However, this year the couple decided to settle down with the Kim's in the making of professional volleyball tea.

Back in the game, SNU requested a time out and the scores were 23-24, last two points for team KM, and they would win the first set.

Both teams are exhausted and sweaty because of the head-to-head game.

"Can someone replace me? I don't think I can play another minute; my elbows are kind of aching. " Sana told the whole team, which alarmed them.

Lisa quickly grabbed a clean towel and made an ice pack. She gently grabbed Sana's wrist and checked her elbow.

"Luckily, you didn't hit your elbow too hard on the ground, or else the bone might have dislocated or might have had a crack inside because of impact." Lisa said as she put an ice pack on her elbow to prevent it from turning violet.

Jessi tapped Lisa's shoulder and motioned for her to come with her. They walked a bit farther from the team.

"Can you play?" Jessi asked Lisa

"Yes, why did you ask?" 

"You will play in the second set and I want to see the JenLisa that I saw in the last game." Jessi grabbed both of Lisa's shoulders and made her look in her eyes. "Forget whatever happened between you and Jennie for now."

"H-how did you know?" Lisa asked him.

"How can I not when I saw what happened that day?" Jessi patted Lisa's shoulders like she was waking her. "Prepare yourself. You will be fighting with a strong opponent."

"Okay." Lisa went back to her seat and removed her jacket.

The three minute time out ended, and Mina was the one who replaced Sana. The referee motioned KM's last two points and they would win the second set, and they all nodded in understanding.

"It's fine if we didn't win the first set; we can win the second set!" Hoyeon told her teammates, trying to remove the pressure and nervousness everyone was feeling.

The game started on the referee's cue. 

Like I mentioned earlier, the right side of the court is KM's lucky side, so they win the first set. 

SNU didn't have a chance to score because KM had a strong defense that irritated the shit out of them.

Mina helped Irene guard the back. Tzuyu is the one leading and signalling Rosie and Jeongyeon to block the ball, then Jennie leans on the offense team.

SECOND SET

Jisoo and Lisa replaced Irene and Jeongyeon, who was really tired because they had been targeted once by the SNU.

The atmosphere inside the court is pretty quiet, like no one is speaking.

Hoyeon didn't dare make eye contact with either Jennie, Lisa, or Jisoo. She can't look at them because she is too ashamed of what she did.

The referee was about to start the game, but Lisa stopped him.

Lisa walked towards Jisoo and put her right arm around his shoulder.

"Chicken, your pasta has a history of major injury, and I'm going to kill you if anything bad happens to her." She smacked Jisoo's head before she removed her arm from Jisoo's shoulder.

Jisoo was about to get revenge, but Lisa went to Rosie with worry all over her face.

"Tell us if you are in pain. Don't you dare hide it from us. I'm going to get mad at you if you hide it. No secret between twin sisters." Lisa reached for Rosie's pinky as an agreement not to break their promise.

"Cross my heart." Rosie gladly hooked her pinky with Lisa's.

Jennie was standing there watching Lisa, who was trying to make them forget the nervousness and pressure.

'She was walking past me. Isn't she going to talk to me too? I'm nervous too.' Jennie said, pouting in her thoughts.

Suddenly, she remembered what she told Lisa the day they went to the latter's house. She told her that she never got nervous, which now she totally regrets.

Jennie was snapped out of her thoughts when warm and big hands cupped her face. It made her look up to her and she saw Lisa smiling at her.

"Save the best for last." Jisoo mumbled under her breath, but Jennie heard it, which made her a bit happy.

"I miss you." Lisa said as she stared directly into Jennie's feline eyes. 

Jennie was about to respond, but the referee signaled to them that the game would start, causing Lisa to let go of her face and go to her position.

"Aissh, this kills joy motherfucking referee." Jennie said with annoyance and threw a dagger-like look at the referee.

"You can flirt later in private since you two are in a low-key relationship." Jennie quickly understood what Jisoo said, but it sounded like she was adding more meaning to it.

"Just wait, it will no longer be lowkey." Jennie told Jisoo with a frown on her face, still annoyed at the referee who ruined her moment with Lisa earlier.

Lisa is positioned in front of Hoyeon. She will be the KM University setter. She sent Hoyeon a smile when they accidentally made eye contact.

"We just met yesterday. Don't pretend like you didn't know me." Lisa whispered to Hoyeon.

"I'm sorry." Hoyeon whispered back, earning a nod from Lisa.

The referee blew the whistle. Jisoo was the one who served the ball, and she did a pretty strong jump serve.

The Seoul National University team had changed their aura when the ball went to their territory. They are all now serious and everyone's focus is on the ball.

Mina and Rosé noticed the change in SNU's aura, so they prepared themselves to guard the back.

Hoyeon set the ball for her teammate Kim Jinkyung, and her teammate spiked it strongly enough to break Tzuyu's wall. The ball flew to the back part of KM's side.

Jisoo didn't hesitate to run after it. She slides to the ground and catches it using her foot. However, the ball went to the long bench where KM's other players were sitting.

"LISA!" Jisoo shouted as she stood up from the ground.

Lisa ran where the ball went. They couldn't easily give up the ball since they wanted to earn the first point in the second game.

Her teammates moved away, and Lisa dived to the ground to catch the ball using her right hand. She managed to hit the ball and it went to SNU again, but her body hit the metal long bench that her teammates were sitting at earlier.

She didn't have enough time to think about the pain she felt when her body hit the metal. She immediately stood up from the floor and ran back to her position.

SNU did the same technique again, but this time Rosé, Tzuyu, and Lisa blocked Jinkyung.

"One more!" Hoyeon told her teammates, she set the ball again for Jinkyung.

Rosé, Tzuyu, and Lisa stood beside each other, waiting for the ball.

"1... 2... 3... Jump!" When Tzuyu gave them a cue to jump, Rosé and Lisa followed her, and they successfully blocked Jinkyung's way.

The remaining six players on the long bench are all nervous, biting their nails and unable to sit properly because they desperately want their teammates to earn a point.

Jessi didn't bother to sit down. She watched the game throughly and she kept tapping her foot on the floor because she was getting impatient.

When Tzuyu, Rosie, and Lisa managed to block Jinkyung and they earned a point because of it, the whole team jumped in excitement, even Jessi.

"Keep it up!" Jessi shouted and clapped her hands.

Lisa patted Tzuyu and Rosie's heads as a sign that they did a good job making the kitten jealous, because she also wanted Lisa to praise her and pat her head too.

The game continued. Jisoo served the ball again. This time, SNU changed their tactics, which alarmed KM University.

SNU's wing spiker was the one who tossed the ball, and Hoyeon jumped high to spike it. Tzuyu and Rosie prepared themselves to block it, but instead of Hoyeon spiking it, Jinkyung was the one who spiked it, and Hoyeon was blocking their sight so they wouldn't see who will attack them.

The ball went in front of Mina and Jisoo, who were waiting in the back. They both dive to the hard floor to catch it, but it's already too late. The ball fell on the floor in front of their eyes.

"Shit!" Jisoo cursed.

"It's fine, relax, chicken." Lisa told her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's not fine!" Jisoo said angrily, getting annoyed by SNU.

"It is fine. You need to calm down and don't get mad. If you get mad, you might lose your focus." Rosie tried to calm the angry chicken.

"You are right, I'm calm now." Jisoo said calmly, earning a laugh from her teammates.

"Whipped!" Lisa shouted, and Jisoo just shrugged her shoulders.

Their moment got interrupted when the referee whistled, indicating that SNU would serve the ball now.

Jennie was the one who received the ball since the ball went directly in her direction. Her eyes widened when she received the ball, but it didn't go in the direction she expected it to go.

It went away from the court, which made the whole team confused, especially when Jennie never made a mistake on the court.

Jennie looked at who was serving the ball and it was Hoyeon. 

Since they have known each other for a long time, Hoyeon knows how to fight with Jennie and she has watched her last game before.

"Aissh, she is targetting me." Jennie glared at Hoyeon.

Lisa stole a glance at Jennie, and she looked back to Hoyeon, who was looking at Jennie. She took a deep breath and stood in front of Jennie, blocking Hoyeon from seeing Jennie.

Jennie stood behind Lisa with confusion in her face; she didn't know why Lisa was standing in front of her.

"Don't even dare to move your arms; just let the ball bounce when it hits your arms." Lisa told Jennie without looking back at her.

"Can you at least instruct me what to do while looking at me?" Jennie mumbled something under her breath, which Lisa didn't hear properly. "I just want to see your handsome face."

Hoyeon did a jump serve and it went to Mina, who received it easily. She passed it to Lisa, who was waiting. 

Rosie winked at Lisa, signaling her to set the ball for her, but Jisoo and Jennie saw how Rosie winked at Lisa, which made both of them annoyed. 

They didn't know the wink meant signal to give the ball to her.

Rosie jumped high and Lisa tossed it directly to Rosie's palm, where the latter spiked it strongly, earning a point.

"Assa! " Rosie and Lisa shouted at the same time.

They ran towards each other and were about to give each other a hug, but Jennie blocked Rosie's way and Jisoo blocked Lisa's way.

"Try to hug her; you won't feel your arms anymore in the next few seconds." Jisoo and Jennie said to Rosie and Lisa, who were looking at them with confusion.

"Tss." Lisa rolled her eyes and ignored Jisoo.

Rosie just shook her head at Jennie's antics. She knows Jennie got jealous when she winked at Lisa and they were about to hug each other.

"Jealous Chicken."

"Jealous Kitten."

The two tall blondes said it at the same time, and they went back to their position.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 1.7K 40
Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and established her own company without anyone's help. She...
92.2K 2.7K 26
Jennie is the most popular girl in school. Everyone thinks she has a perfect life, but she doesn't have. At a very young age, her mother died, and sh...
882K 25.8K 59
Lalisa Manoban is the bully of the school,she has no friends since everyone is scared of her. No one can fight her back afraid to be fired from schoo...
538K 22.1K 34
"You've got to be kidding me." Those were the insulting little words thrown by the petite short girl with wavy brown hair and feline eyes. If Lisa wo...