Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)
Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

Chapter 16

944 51 19
By RitaSkeeterIF

The day before Karva Chauth, in the evening, Suman ordered Dishu and Shiva to go the Somnath Chowki and pick up items for Karva Chauth. "Saath kaam karoge toh ek dusre ko jaan paoge," said Suman. Suman clearly took a leaf out of Dhara's book, organising that impromptu trip, couple of days ago. Shiva clamped down his irritation at being to spend time and sent a pleading glance to his brothers and Dhara Bhabhi. She glared back and shrugged her shoulders. What am I supposed to do?

"Chalein?" asked Dishu politely. Shiva sent another pointed glance to his brothers and Dhara Bhabhi. Please speak up!

"Main kya soch rahi thi, Krish, tu bhi ja na? Tujhe...Tujhe...university project ke liye kuch chahiye tha na?" said Dhara pointedly. Suman looked to her son, Krish, in askance.

"Mujhe?" said Krish blankly. Dev put a forceable hand on Krish's shoulders, gritted his teeth and said, "Aur kaun yahan school jata hai, bey? Tujhe hi bol rahe hain... Chala ja chup chap."

Shiva looked around once more to see anyone else said something to help him get out this trip. He saw Raavi was twisting her dupatta frantically and muttering something under her breath. Out of pure cowardice, he said, "Ay, bandariya, kuch kehna chahti hai toh theek se bol na?!"

She glared daggers at him, but her voice sipped with saccharine when she said, "Tu date pe ja raha hai na... main tumhare jodi ki nazar utar rahi thi."

"Oh acha, tera aashirwad, nazar utarne ka tarika bahut hi niralal hai. Bas yeh sab hi uss mami ne sikhaya tujhe," said Shiva stalling.

"Gale main nimbu mirch laga doon? Hum sab toh teri tarah –" started Raavi when Dishu sweetly interrupted, "Lets go?" Shiva gave Raavi a parting glare, dragged Krish and went to the Somnath Chowk.

As Raavi was prepping for dinner with Dhara Bhabhi's help, Krish and Shiva came back from the market sooner than anticipated. "Itni jaldi wapas aagaya?" asked Suman, waiting in the aangan.

"Kya bataon Maa! Shiva thought he saw Arjun in the market. When Shiva and I ran to catch him, turns out it was someone else! But in our haste see our favorite Arjun, we, uh, um, we l-l-lost Disha. We didn't even have her number to text her... so we just made our way back home," said Krish casually, as Shiva looked down rubbing the back of his head.

"What? How can you lose a grown adult in the Markets? Samaan le aaye, ladki ghum gaayi," chided Suman, muttering to herself, her kids were so useless.

"It just...happened, Maa. Chod na! She is likely fine, just message Kanta kaki quickly and find out for yourself. I don't know what to tell you, but the better story is the look-a-like of Arjun. It was crazy..." said Shiva, as he and Krish took turns explaining in detail the features of the supposed doppelganger.

As everybody settled in for dinner, Rishita noticed one less dinner plate and questioned Raavi, "Ek plate kam hai Raavi." Immediately catching on, she asked innocently, "Are you skipping dinner, Shiva?"

"Maine socha date pe gaya tha, toh khake aaya hoga" said Raavi sarcastically, lifting his arms, "dhole nahi dekhe?"

Snatching his arm back, "Haan, gadehdi, mujhe khaana khake hi aana chahiye tha. Waise bhi tune yeh saab banaya hai na? Mere liye toh ek spoon zeher bhi daala hoga" scowled Shiva. Trust Raavi to annoy the crap out of him.

As dinner started, the everyone took their place as Raavi was serving everyone food, a simple traditional Gujarati meal that everyone loved. Raavi came by to Shiva to serve food, he mockingly whispered, "Main kaise maan loon ki isme tu ne zeher nahi milaya?"

Raavi narrowed her eyes, and whispered back, "ye risk toh tujhe leni padegi Shiva. Ya toh phir, bahar khake aana chahiye tha."

As Shiva started to say, "Agar main maar gaya toh—" Raavi immediately covered his mouth and quietly said, "Aisi bakwaas ki toh, roti nahi maar khayega mujhse. Chup chap kha." With that she got up to serve others.

The Pandya family exchanged looks but strategically agreed to pretend nothing happened. As dinner progressed, Krish enthusiastically took seconds of every dish Raavi made saying, it was his good luck to be fed by an amazing cook like Raavi. Shiva could not deny, it was delicious. Encouraged by everyone's praise, Raavi floated in and out of the kitchen serving everyone food.

Towards the end of the main course, to his left, Dhara made a move to get up, Shiva grabbed her hand and asked, "where are you going, Bhabhi, you should finish your meal."

"Arrey Shiva, look at how Krish and I are eating? Sab kuch theek theek hi bana tha, I just want to check on Raavi to make sure she has food for dinner. Otherwise, what will she eat?" whispered Dhara.

Nodding, Shiva got up and checked on Raavi in the kitchen who was putting final additions to the dessert. Dhara Bhabhi was right, there was practically nothing left for her. He shook his head, and he thought to himself, just like her to get caught up in the moment and forget about herself.

He went up to her and tapped her on her shoulders. She turned and asked, "What do you want?"

He grabbed her hands, and in an extreme show of politeness said "Aacha suno, Shri Raavi, aapke haath toh do?"

"Kyun? Tu theek toh hai?"

"Mujhe bhi dekhna, aisa bakwaas khana kiss ke haath ne banaya."

"WHAT?"

"Warna kya, kabhi namak zyada, toh mirch kam... tu aa, na, chak ke dekh" said Shiva dragging her by hooking his index finger to hers and plopping her in front his plate. Raavi took a bite off his plate, and said, "theek hi toh hai."

"Accha, ye theek hai? Poora ka poora khaana tu hi kha. Isse toh aacha hai, main bahar hi khake aata," said Shiva.

Staring at him, she took a big bite, muttering, "itni buri bhi nahi hai." Dhara caught Shiva's eyes atop Raavi's head and smiled in thanks.

Gathering in the aangan, everyone was sitting and chatting awaiting dessert. Raavi was famous for her desserts, specially Basundi. One by one she started serving everyone cups of hot Basundi. Raavi came by to serve Shiva, but as he was about to take the cup, she snatched it back. Knowing how much Shiva liked sweet dishes, she innocently said "Tujhe toh mera haath ka khana pasand nahi hai, toh, ye main kha loongi." As she turned to leave, Shiva got up to stop her, "sun na, mujhe taste toh karne de..."

Shiva looked so boyishly cute lusting after dessert, she didn't have the heart to hold out the cup against him. Resisting the urge to peck his nose, she handed the steaming cup of Basundi, saying, "Gadhede, ye yaad rakhna."

The Pandya family looked at each other, observing their exchange, yet they diplomatically kept quiet. She needed to work harder to ensure her Shiva would fall out of Raavi's love and look to Dishu, who was ready to accept Shiva as he was, Suman thought to herself.

"Raavi, this Basundi is too YUM!" said Rishita licking the spoon, "you have such a talent! I think you should one day open your own dessert bar."

Dev and Gautam nodded in agreement while Krish went down on one knee to kiss her hands.

Shiva scoffed; all this praise was going to inflate her ego. Raavi blushed at the praise coming her way, "Thanks Rishita, Krish, warna bandar kya jaane adrak ka swad," looking sideways pointedly at Shiva.

Unable to resist, he walked up to her and said "Yeh taunt mere liye tha na? Ek baar jo Basundi theek bana, tu apne aap ko Tarla Dalal samajne lagi. Pehle Dhara Bhabhi ke level pe aao."

Standing on her toes facing him nose to nose, "Oh, really Shiva, ye attitude, after you wiped the cup clean... tu mujhe ab level sikhaega? Pehle tu paani toh dhaang se ubal le" taunted Raavi, as Shiva was famous for his ineptitude in the kitchen, perhaps more so than his brothers.

"BAS!" said Dhara coming between to separate them.

"I learnt how to cook because I had five people to feed, but for Raavi, cooking is her passion, so she is obviously better! I agree with Rishita, one day everyone in Somnath should have the pleasure of tasting your food. Its really really good!" said Dhara, hugging Raavi.

"IDEA!" said Rishita, looking at the brothers excitedly, "I have told you this before too, so I think, you know what I am about to say! Raavi should take some of the floor space in our new shop and open a dessert bar. It will be an added incentive to visit the shop. I think it will be profitable for the business too. I have seen this business model in America and Europe too."

Dhara nodded in agreement saying, "What a wonderful idea!"

Shiva looked at Raavi, as she processed Rishita Bhabhi's offer. Raavi's face changed from shock to wonder, as hope unfurled in her heart as she let herself wish for her future. This was perfect for her.

She looked up at Shiva silently asking for reassurance. What do you think? He nodded in agreement with his family and Raavi's smile widened. As she processed the offer, Krish, Gaumbi, Dev, Rishita went on one knee, chanting, "say you will become our partner, Raavi. Say Yes!"

Raavi looked at their eager faces and in that moment made up her mind. She didn't know if she would divorce Shiva or not, but if she could do anything to help the family and contribute to make the Pandya Store a success, she would happily do it, no matter what obstacles came her way. She decisively shook their hands and exclaimed "Hello Partner!" and Krish erupted in cheers.

Raavi, then, went to Shiva extended her hand and smugly said, "Hello Partner!" As Shiva met her eyes, and shook her hand, they both remembered the echo of words said long ago, tu meri team main nahi aa sakti.

As the Pandya family gathered in a group hug around Raavi, Suman clucked her tongue in dismay. Raavi was supposed to be divorcing Shiva, not get into a business partnership with the family. Don't worry, Suman its just a business deal, just because she is such a good cook, she thought to herself, reassuring her frazzled mind.

As soon as Shiva stepped into their room to settle in for the night, "Tujhe pehle pata tha na, iss dessert bar ke baare main?" asked Raavi, sitting on the bed, applying lotion to her arms. He looked at her in her sleeveless kurti, and wondered, for once couldn't she wear a burlap sack? Who was he kidding, she'd be stunning in that too.

He had known about it although he hadn't expected Rishita Bhabhi to make the offer today. When Rishita Bhabhi had suggested it a few weeks ago, Dev and Gaumbi had been hesitant, keeping in mind their relationship and so as to not overwork her physically and emotionally. He casually suggested that it would keep costs lower, and asked Gaumbi to think how she'd feel if they didn't even make the offer to her. Scared of hurting his precious aankhon ka tara, Gaumbi had agreed to one day present Raavi with the offer, leaving the final decision to her. Only Krish had gotten beaten up that day for cheekily suggesting if the divorce went thru and things got awkward, it was easier to find men to lift boris than it was to replace great chefs.

"Pandya Store main hazaar cheezien hoti hain. Sabka hisaab rakhun ye toh impossible hain. Aur raat ko hi yeh lotion pehena hai?" he said, cursing that she smelled like vanilla cupcakes.

"Tujhe isse koi problem nahi hai ki main permanently Pandya team main reh jaungi?" she asked, ignoring his comment about her lotion. He had known about Rishita's business idea and never dissuaded her. Moments earlier, too, he had encouraged her. Why oh why did her husband have a PhD in giving mixed signals? Gadehda.

"Permanent? Kya bakwaas kar rahi hai? Tujhe pehle kaam karte hue main dekhunga ki tu kya kya karti hai. Jab tu jaegi, toh hum kisi aur ko hire karenge aur bolenge, iss sab ka ulta karo. Business aise hi hota hai. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer," spouting some nonsense, standing in front of her. Watching her rub in that f**king lotion made it hard to think.

"Toh iska matlab, tujhe yeh sab pata tha, pann tune aaj nahi rokha... aur toh aur, tune itne aage ka socha tere dimag main mera replacement bhi hai?" asked Raavi, "Kaun hai meri replacement?" rubbing lotion on her legs.

"Ladki hi hogi, those Anamika types. Kya pata romance ka romance bhi ho jaye...after all the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach," mocked Raavi, "woh teri tera nautanki bhi karegi, 'oh shiva! can you please lift these... boxes.'"

"Its Kamala kaki..." said Shiva, cutting her off. "Do you feel good talking about a 70-year-old woman like that?"

"Do you feel good asking a 70-year-old woman do manual labor for hours on end?" countered Raavi.

That f**ing lotion. "Shut up! Jab dekho loudspeaker chalu rehta hai." As the notes of vanilla, caramel, musk hit his senses, with the visual of Raavi rubbing her legs, he got testier, he fibbed, "And, Kamala Kaki WAS one of the options. You are right, its actually someone younger, hotter than you, that I can romance!"

"Oh? Who is it?"

"Tujhse matlab? Tu na aaj mujhe hadd se zyada paka rahi hai... chup chap gale ka loudspeaker bandh kar, aur so ja" he huffed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Tujhe iske baare koi baat nahi karni?"

"Nahi"

"Toh ye bata, Disha ke saath date kaisa tha?" asked Raavi curiously, "jaldi wapas bhi aagaya," as she rubbed the lotion on her neck and collarbone. She was happy that he had come back soon, but when she had asked Krish to fill her in on what happened, he had mumbled something about Shiva, the well, and ran away.

Ok. That's it. He got up, yanked the bottle from her and threw it in the trash can. "SHIVA! Gadedha! Mere tere hi credit card se dusra loongi."

"Pehle bhi bol raha tha, ye lotion ki smell bahut strong hai. Itna laga rahi hai, jaise bread pe makkan. Chup chap apne side pe so ja. Gadedhi," he said, peeved at her.

They settled into their sides of the bed, in silence, and Raavi thought to herself, no matter which way she looked at it, the turn of events was in her favor with the failed date and the dessert bar. Plus, she smiled to herself, she had somehow annoyed Shiva into pettily throwing her lotion in the trash can.

"Tu ney bola na abhi abhi 'Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer', toh main dost ya bachpan ki dushman?" asked Raavi, slyly.

"Bachpan ki dushman" came his prompt reply.

"Soch ke bol raha hai na?" No response.

"Final answer? Lock kar doon?" Still no response.

In that case, she got up and laid beside Shiva, resting her head on the edge of his shoulder. Keep your enemies closer.

Shiva felt the notes of vanilla, caramel hit his senses once again as the sweet-smelling mass of his wife slightly rustled beside him, settling into the crook of his shoulder. Chipkali.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 110K 70
Excuse me!? .. What? Marriage? What marriage are you talking about?" I shouted. Shreya, you are being called. You start in exactly 1.5 minutes. Hurr...
42.1K 1.6K 16
Shiva now manaaofying raavi
173K 12.1K 60
ShivOmRu : Shivaay Singh Oberoi, Omkara Singh Oberoi, Rudra Singh Oberoi. These 3 brothers belonged to a Rich family. Something went wrong and the fa...
9.2K 532 19
So basically it's a new ff having not so much parts. The story continues before the heera mandi track where Anirudh sent Bondita out of the mansion...