A Hater's Gamble (BxB)

By Blairereadss

[LGBTQ+ Romance ] HIGHEST RANKINGS #1 in pride 2/26/2022 #1 in teenagers 5/16/2022 #1 in bully 2/9/2022 #1... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
AUTHOR'S NOTE
NEW BOOK

EPILOGUE

6.3K 256 86
By Blairereadss

FIVE MONTHS LATER

L I A M

My boyfriend laughed along with the Creeds. Alvin was spewing some ridiculous story of a mission he once did while Red fought with him on the specifics of it.

"Miles, who do you believe more?," Alvin asked, crossing his arms and casting Red a pointed look.

Presley, who was sat on Nathan's lap, said, "Miles, don't answer that. It's a trap."

Miles turned to me, as if asking for assistance. I took his hand, and said, "It doesn't matter what Miles thinks, because none of you are telling the truth."

Red wrung his hands, "Oh, come on! You were there, Coleman. That bullet was centimeters away from Haley's face."

The table of Creeds snickered.

Haley, who sat next to Alvin, rolled her eyes. "It was not centimeters away. Maybe half a foot away. Right, Ally?"

Ally, the pretty blonde, was preoccupied with staring at Diego. He stared back, as if daring her to say something to him. Kyle, the sharpest shooter, looked at Diego in analyzation. I kicked Diego under the table.

What is wrong with you?, was the look I sent him.

He sent me a scowl, but stopped his staring.

Ally plastered a smile over her face—I wasn't sure if it was real—and said, "It all happened so fast, Red. All I remember is diving under the table."

Alvin said, as if remembering something, "Oh, right! Ally was the one who cried the whole night afterwards."

The boys laughed, except Miles and Presley.

"I would've cried, too," Presley noted, coming to Ally's defense. "A bullet is no small thing."

"We all know you're a crier, kid," Red responded, humor in his eyes.

Nathan flung a grape at Red's face. The flying fruit hit him right in the eye. I couldn't help but laugh. "Ow, my eye!"

Nathan and Red began to bicker, but I became hyperaware of Diego. Miles and I thought it would be best if Diego was brought around people. He seemed to avoid confrontation now, and that was no way to live. Now, as I looked at him, though, I regretted ever bringing him to a room full of gang members.

Once again, Diego drifted his attention towards Ally, and a smirk took over his face. Ally's eyes widened slightly at his expression, then she blushed.

Shit.

Diego had taken a liking to her, and, under normal circumstances, I would have urged him to pursue her. But no, not with Kyle always at her side. I would warn him when we got a moment alone, and kick him extra hard in the shin.

Diego never tore his gaze from Ally. I instantly knew that he enjoyed watching the girl scramble for a place to look. It was the most emotion I'd seen on his face since—

Since Grace.

Miles looked to me with a slightly alarmed expression, "Do they know each other?," he whispered into my ear.

"I fucking hope not," I responded, equally as quiet. "Ignore them, I have something to show you."

His beautiful features twisted in confusion. "Where?"

I took his hand and dismissed us from the dining hall of the Creeds' facility. "You'll see," I said, nipping at his ear.

He giggled briefly and let me lead him away.

M I L E S

"A garden?," I asked, in awe of the whole thing. "They have a garden in a gang facility?"

The garden wasn't small. It looked more like a greenhouse with its large transparent walls. A glass house, more like.

There were plants of many kinds: purple tulips, pink lilies, yellow sunflowers. My attention lingered on the sunflowers for a brief moment. They were stunning.

I turned to Liam with slight tears pooled in my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Hey," Liam said, gently. "I know, prince. I'm here."

I would always miss her, but Liam wouldn't let me miss her alone.

He pulled my face back an inch to capture my mouth with his own. His lips were warm, and I hummed with pleasure. Liam's hands traveled under my shirt to rest on my waist. I could feel the cool of his rings on my bare skin.

"Mmm, your rings are cold," I whined.

He smiled smugly and removed his rings, eyes never leaving my lips. "As you wish, prince," he taunted, throwing his rings into a nearby plant.

"You can't just throw them there," I protested, holding back laughter.

"So many demands," Liam said, eyes flaring with fire. "I'm starting not to like them."

I fought the blush that came with my smile. "Then do something about it."

Liam barely let me finish my sentence before he crashed his lips to mine and backed me into a nearby work table. He lifted me onto it, never breaking our kiss. His tongue darted its way into my mouth slowly, and I couldn't of been more pleased.

"Liam," I whispered, in between kisses.

"Hmm," he voiced, placing more of his feverish kisses to my neck.

"I love you," I said, breathless.

Liam looked at me with purity. In his eyes, I saw our adventures as kids, our fights, our kisses, our future.

"I love you," he muttered, then leaned in for another warm kiss.

"Answer me this," he said, trailing his hands up my thighs. My breath hitched. "Is this a forever thing?"

I took a moment to look at him. Really, look at him. His golden hair that I had my hands in, his ocean-blue eyes, his defined features.

"Ah," I said, before biting my bottom lip. "I don't know about forever, but right now seems pretty great."

Liam's eyes sparkled with challenge and they shifted towards my mouth, "We'll see about that, Miles Medley."

I was a liar. I didn't just want him now, I wanted him always and everlasting. I wanted to be his until my heart stopped its daily task, until there was no more oxygen left in my lungs. Sometimes, in order to have gained something, a person must have something ripped from them, in the worst way possible.

We were disposable, as mortal creatures. That was what I kept in mind as I kissed my golden boy. The one who made me angry, the one who cured me.

"I'd go into hell with you," I said, meaning it.

"I wouldn't let you," he said, placing more gentle kisses to my neck.

"You wouldn't have a choice," I shot back. "I wouldn't let you go alone."

He pulled back, and flickered his eyes over my face "So, it is a forever thing?," he proposed, slowly smiling.

I kissed his cheek and buried my face within the crook of his neck. His scent was all-consuming as I said, "It would seem so."

Liam began to whisper in my ear.

Dragons and magic candles.

Children and dancing crickets.

Fairytales of magic.

I gambled on Liam Coleman—a Hater's Gamble. The winning prize didn't have a price.

The winning prize was a pledge to forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574K 17.3K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
18.4K 1K 32
[boyxboy] Cameron Patterson and Aaron Williams have hated each other for as long as either of them can remember. Because they play positions that cou...
1.1M 50.4K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
5M 210K 145
Book 1 This is a boyxboyxboyxboy story! 17 year old Jaxon Young is only good at one thing: fighting. He fights his teachers, his father, and he figh...