thanks for the memories.

By hardlysinging

poetry. More

thanks for the memories.
i fought the law but failed to lose the memories
writing stories about paper-thin promises
song of the trees...cigarette smoke and green tea kitkats
an enchanting love song to change my eyes (and your mind)
callused fingers and the pretty little lies in your eyes
our honeyed love is washing out the blues
enflamed memories, scratched records
a starlit world away from earth with you
small talk under the twilight lovers' moon
dreams of wine-stained lips and naked hips
pages torn out of novels i never read
first chance summer and your name in constellations
i'm bleeding tears and lies you stole
forever is us, or is it a write-off?
time and trust reflected in diamond lies
riptides in the ballroom of your memory
colors of your stinging kiss
a guiding star smile in the deep summer
dancing to the rhythm of misery
your lips hold her kiss, but my name
trying and dying in fading dreams
souls on the moon, hearts on our sleeves
we're choking on the perfect strangers we're becoming

kiss my smile and hold the gun

64 14 30
By hardlysinging

i want everything and i want nothing at all. i want to inhale your scent, or maybe i just want to inhale you. i'm rewriting history, putting our names in the stars because even though you left, every time you look at the night sky you'll think of me. and maybe you wonder too. what if. there is so much that we could have been but you just didn't care enough to find out. i hurt people for a living; i never thought you'd be the one to hurt me. i'm the one whose smile you kissed and i'm the one whose heart you broke all in one. the one who'd take a bullet for you only to find out you're the one holding the gun. death by a thousand cuts? this is death by one million, but i'm not gone yet; i die slowly dreaming of your eyes and the feel of your arms around me. just like the wind blows to the right and dreams live in my bed, under sheets you laid in once, a distant memory of a summer long gone. staying friends, oh but no one told me how hard that would be, gritting my teeth and smiling through conversations with you when all i want to do is tell you i want you back. i don't want to talk about the weather. i want to kiss the skin behind your ear and mess your hair up. i want to go back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 1.9K 136
"My poetry's bad And I can't blame the news" . . . Rankings: #1 in Poet (27/11/2023) #3 in Distress (22/12/2023) #3 in sadpoems (25/12/2023) #2 in lo...
30.5K 1.1K 152
Most of this is sad, any TW will be at the start of them I'm a 16 y/o just wanting to share some of my poetry with people other than my friends :] (A...
1.7K 351 18
This collection of poems delves into the depths of heartbreak and loneliness. It explores a myriad of emotions that are all too familiar, offering so...
9.6K 303 36
I am not a writer and this is not a story. These are just few floating thoughts of mine.