The Bad Boy's Sleepover

By SoniaJohn

Highest rank: 4 in #Teen Three best friends, one bad boy on the run from the police and the 'killer' sleepov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 38

1.4K 106 7
By SoniaJohn

Nalini followed Eva's steady footsteps down the crowded hallways, past sticker laden lockers and boards filled with event posters. People parted for the queen bee like the red Sea, while only some recognised Nalini. 

They either stared at her for a few seconds and then went back to their conversations but some gave her dirty looks, making it look like she was stalking Eva or something.

Nalini ignored them all but it was admittedly harder to do when her two best friends weren't by her sides. People who adored Eva had naturally disliked Nalini due to their constant feuding but she never minded it. 

She just picked up the pace until she was side by side with her. 

"May I know why you are walking like a bullet train?" 

Eva's lips pulled back into a small smile but she continued her speed walking. "Just want to get out of these hallways. Everyone's always watching." 

Nalini fell silent. She had no idea what that felt like but even in those rare moments that people did notice her -like today- she realised she didn't like it. She couldn't imagine the kind of attention Eva dealt with on a day to day basis.

But what surprised her the most was that Eva admitted to not enjoying it. She'd always assumed the popular girls revelled in all the attention they received. 

They finally reached the library which was fairly empty because most students were out for lunch. The girls walked along scattered tables and bookshelves till they reached the row of rooms designed specifically for group studies.  

Nalini sat down on one of the chairs and stared at Eva warily. She had never worked with this girl only against her. This felt like mixing oil with water, something that was bound not to work. 

"So where should we start?" Eva picked up her book and flipped through the pages, looking very businesslike. 

"Hmm, how about why you chose me in the first place?" Nalini raised her hands in the air, her gaze querulous. "Eva, are you sure we can work together?" 

"Come on. Let's at least try."

"But why the sudden change of heart. Is there something you want to tell me? Is that why you chose me as your assigned partner?" Nalini tried her best to look casual but inside she prayed that she didn't sound too obvious. 

Eva had been acting weird recently, ever since the girls started spending time with Damien but she noticed it's become worse since Julian returned to school. 

Nalini studied Eva's face up close and she noticed the dark circles under her eyes for the first time. It didn't look like she'd had a decent night's sleep in days. 

"Are you okay?" Nalini asked again because she was met with nothing but silence. 

Eva ignored her, instead she pressed a finger to the page in front of her. "We're going to need to work in the lab for this." 

"Eva," Nalini sighed tiredly. "Is this because of Damien? Because you dated him so now you have some sort of possessive hold on him and no one else is allowed to date him."

Eva laughed out loud at her question. "Are you serious? I haven't thought about him like that in years. Or maybe never." 

"So I'm just supposed to believe you suddenly want to spend time with me on a project and it's voluntary," She eyed the picturesque looking girl who was currently sitting in front of her. 

"I think it's high time we put our silly feud to rest. Don't you think?"

Nalini recoiled. She'd never expected such maturity from Eva which in turn made her feel childish. 

"I mean yes. I agree-" 

"So then it's settled," Eva clapped her hands together contently. "Now come on. Let's get to work." 

Nalini was about to answer back when she realised they weren't even fighting. She slumped against her seat in defeat and then opened her own text book. 

The girls discussed the experiment that they would be conducting and Eva wrote down their variables, control subjects and inference. They were barely halfway when the bell rang, signalling that their free period was over. 

"I have to get to class." Nalini muttered as she dumped her stuff into her bag. 

Eva picked up her book and hugged it to her chest. "Shall we meet up after school. To finish our discussion. We could meet at my place." 

Her eyes were so large, the brown in them glinted under the harsh white lighting. For some reason she looked nervous. 

Nalini was already wary of this girl. She didn't want to be alone in her large mansion especially since she was acting so odd. 

"What about my house?" She suggested instead. Her parents would be at home and the thought alone made her feel safe. 

Her words made Eva's tense shoulders relax. She could literally see them slump to her sides. 

"That sounds nice," Eva smiled gratefully. 

They left the library together and then met by the entrance at school. Nalini had already updated her friends and she saw them from the corner of her eyes. Their watchful gazes were hard to ignore as she skipped down the stairs with the most unlikely person by her side. 

"We'll take my car," Eva said and Nalini nodded. It was nice not having to walk back or taking the school bus. 

They drove to her house in a strangely calm silence and Eva parked by the driveway. When they walked through the front door the house was already filled with the smell of spices. 

Nalini's grandmother was busy in the kitchen and she saw her mother by her side. She was still in her work clothes. 

"Chicken curry and thosai for dinner tonight," Her mother announced when Nalini walked into the living room and then she looked up at her guest. She straightened up and smiled at her warmly. 

"New friend?" 

"Mom, this is Eva. We're going to work on our project for a while."

"And then I'll leave," Eva added quickly. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Kumari."

Nalini's mother's face lit up in recognition. "Oh, so you are the girl who keeps my Nalini on her toes everyday." 

She turned to her daughter and put a hand on her hip. "Isn't this the Eva you complain about who beats you on your tests." 

Nalini's cheeks burned. "Yes, she is but she doesn't beat me all the time, ma." 

Mrs. Kumari only laughed. "Eva, you're staying for dinner and I won't take no for an answer. You are the reason my girl has been studying like a demon and I have to at least thank you with a good meal." 

Eva looked stunned but she didn't protest before Nalini lead her to her room. 

She walked around and stared at Nalini's walls that were filled with posters of BTS and pictures with her friends. 

"Where are all your medals and trophies." She turned to Nalini with a frown on her face. 

"My mum hung them somewhere downstairs. But we don't really make a big deal out of them. It's the transcripts that count, right?" 

Nalini smiled but Eva looked like she had just told her the sky was falling down. 

She sat down quietly and Nalini could tell that Eva wasn't fully focused. Instead she would glance at her pictures and the photo frame of her family during one of their family gatherings. 

"You're family is very big," She suddenly said while Nalini was jotting down the list of chemicals they needed. 

"That's my extended family. What can I say, Indian families love their gatherings. It's the only time the parents can boast about their children to one another."

Eva laughed and then she looked at Nalini. "That sounds fun." She joked sarcastically. 

Nalini clutched her pencil as she reminisced on their last gathering. Her brothers had come down after months away at college and all the cousins had gone out and snuck her into a bar. 

"It is for us kids," She said. "What about you? You must spend the holidays at the Hamptons, huh?" 

Eva smiled a sad smile and shrugged meekly. "We do go for holidays but my parents are so busy.."

She trailed off and Nalini felt a pang of sadness, realising that Eva most probably spent her family vacations wandering gorgeous places alone. 

"Girls! Dinner is ready!" Nalini's mother called from downstairs. 

Eva packed up her stuff and they followed the delicious smell of food down to the dining room. Nalini's father was still at the hospital so the ladies gathered at the table. 

Nalini's grandmother piled Eva's plate with food. 

"You are so thin. Just like Nalini. I don't know what is it with you kids, all skin and bones," She complained. 

"She always says that," Nalini whispered and Eva smiled. 

She thanked her hosts and dug into her food. "This is delicious. Thank you so much."

Nalini's mother beamed at the compliment and gestured for her to eat even more. Once they were done, Eva bid her goodbyes and Nalini lead her outside. 

They stopped by her car and Eva rubbed her non existent belly fat. "Man that was a great meal. I haven't had a home cooked meal like that in months." 

There was that pang of pity flooding through Nalini again. "You're welcome to dinner again if you want. I think it's obvious my mum loves you."

"Everyone loves me," Eva winked at her flirtatiously, looking more like her usual self. 

Nalini felt her heart thrum in her chest at the look in Eva's eyes. She cleared her throat and stood up straight. "See you at school?" 

Eva nodded and then she wrapped her hand around Nalini's tiny wrist. "Can you do me a favour?  Don't meet with Damien and your friends anywhere alone. It's not safe."

She released her hand and got into her car but Nalini grabbed hold of her door before she could shut it.

"Why? Why aren't we safe?" 

Eva sighed and gazed at her pleadingly. "Please just trust me. I don't want you to get hurt." 

Nalini stood frozen like a statue as Eva peeled her fingers away from the door. She shut it and waved goodbye before driving off into the night. 

Nalini stared at her disappearing headlights and then she rushed into her house and grabbed her phone. 

Hey guys!! Happy new year!! Hope you guys are having a good one so far :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
2.6K 416 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
2.6K 226 59
𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 Juliet Miller leads a normal life with her family as a senior in high school. Just before she graduat...
699K 22.8K 20
Copyright © 2014 by CozyBXBLover. All rights reserved. {__BoyxBoy__} { W A R N I N G: This story is gonna contain adult...