I want A Salted Fish Life! (W...

By KimichiMice

Damian De Alger Obelia He reincarnated on a the novel he randomly bought just because his friend recommended... More

(Ignore this)
(Skip this shit) Character Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 2

10.6K 398 356
By KimichiMice

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
…Chapter 2…
I don't see being emperor is worth my time as a life duty.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Damian was now 3 years old, and at such a young age he really showed people of how he was born a genius.

He mastered walking and talking at a very early time than most kids, he knows his position well enough to not care about anyone else.

Claude was a bit stunted when his 2 years old son bravely asked the emperor for a favor, To live peacefully with Claude.

And so be it, the emperor respected his grandsons first favor, he didn't send any new servants on the Ruby Palace, his grandson wanted to live peacefully so he'll allow him to live there as normally as possible.

Damian was having a time of his life, He'll start doing his studies and training once he is five, now there are still 2 years before that he had no choice but to study lessons ahead of his studies, The boy had nothing to do so why not study.

He actually wanted to break his record. On his past life he finish all his studies on the age of only being 15, so why not finish studies before 13, he would gladly appreciate the freedom after that. But the problem is, if he finish studies ahead of time surely the nobles and the royal family will expect him to handle small and serious affairs connected to the imperial court.

'What to do, what to do...' The book Damian is currently reading is a book volume 7 article of the Imperial laws and decrees, his a fast reader so he reached this volume in just 2 days.

Damian is a kind of person who seek new things, experience them, see them, but then abandon it once he felt it was bored.

In his past life he had different carriers and sometimes doing them simultaneously, maybe because of his many jobs he got to earn more money and be rich in just 1 year.

He became a Doctor, A soldier, police officer, chef, scientist, pilot, lawyer, chief manager, business man, Actor, Patrol Officer, Executive Assistant, Sales Representative, Electrician, Plumber, Structural Iron and Steelworker, and many more.

He always liked learning new things, and experience different types of things to challenge himself.

He was on the age of 34 when suddenly he was killed by a gasoline tank explosion, it's all his neighbor's fault for also dragging him along towards death.

But he wasn't deeply worried about his money being taken by his greedy family, he already had papers proving that all his money chall be handed to Xian, Xian is a boy he meet during working as a chef at a famous restaurant.

Xian was only staying there as a janitor and it's his part-time job, he got in because the owner of the restaurant somehow owed him something.

During Xian's time there, Damian was convinced that the teenager deserved his money inheritance, he was going to adopt Xian with his younger siblings all together.

Damian wasn't really fit for any relationships because of his adventurous hobby. So he never really had any serious relationship with anyone for the 34 years he had lived at his past life.

He didn't regret everything he had done though, and take note his not a virgin in his past life, somethings happened while being drunk, thankfully the woman was never been pregnant so Yay!

"Your Highness.." His thoughts was interrupted. He put the book down on the table and hopped down the chair.

He walked towards the stairs down to the first floor of the library to meet the servant."What is it?..." Damian bluntly said, He started to act like his original self just 5 months ago, He was tired of acting all childish it all actually started to get boring.

"It is time..Your Highness," Damian walked pass the maid, He was going to change his clothes to a more formal wear.

Today was Anastasius's coronation anniversary, 2nd anniversary. Yeah so Anastasius was enthroned after 3 months he had meet Penelope.

Both Emperor and Empress dies on an accident that he himself didn't know because the death of Aetvum and Morgana was never mentioned on the novel, sucks to be them.

"Leave..I can do it myself." Because of Damian's change of attitude he gained allot of haters. Some rumors even spread around him, They say it's because of how Anastasius' bad influences, some says that he was possessed and many more that he doesn't even care about.

All he cared about now is that, he saw Penelope and Anastasius beginning to be close together, Anastasius was planning something with Penelope.

He quickly changed by using his magic because why not? Since his mentality is more mature he learned to use mana at only the age of 1. The first time he used it, it made a a little accident. He made the vases broke and the paintings chatter, making his while room look ed like it has been attacked by wide beasts, which was true, he was a beast in sheep's clothing.

Damian looked at himself at the mirror, he shifted his gaze on the right, there he saw the randomly made present he prepared for Anastasius, "Alright..All I need is to give this gift to him then I'll leave immediately."

After learning about Anastasius, he started to hate him, mainly because he was doing the best he can to kill him and Claude, to tell you the truth, Aeternitas was the real bad influence here.

Damian ran, He really looked cute running with his little feet.

Why is he not using teleportation? The reason was he doesn't really want to rely on his magic into doing these kinds of normal things. Why both teleporting when you clearly have two feet.

Fast forward, He reach the balm room. everyone was looking at him. Since the two grandparents are now gone and Anastasius began to hate him, many nobles also began to treat him badly.

He didn't felt uncomfortable with the sharp and disgusted gaze from the people, he was already used to it.

"Uncle, here's a gift." Damian let go of the gift and kicked it, the gift flew past Anastasius and it hit the throne, the throne fell, he kicked quite hardly, and the inside of the gift consisted 12 inched tall iron statue of Anastasius, it was heavy. Where did he get the statue? Thank his magic later.

"Damian You-"," That uncle wasn't attempt to kill the emperor, Clearly you said you you won't even care if I throw my gift to you." Damian said bluntly making the others shiver.

They all imagined if the emperor had been hit, he would die in an instant, they can conform that the throne has cracks all over. The gift was heavy and is indeed dangerous if thrown hardly like that.

They can even hardly believe that he was just 3 years old.

"Be great ful that I even thought of attending this stupid party, all celebrating the anniversary of a useless emperor." Damian knew it was harsh, but Aeternitas can't harm him. His unique mana aura can make Aeternitas feel like hell just by standing right beside him or just 3 meters away.

He can exorcised dark magic with a flick of a finger, saving Anastasius from Aeternitas' control, but sadly he cannot do that, he must not change the plots of the story, if he did change the plot it'll be tok troublesome to guess want comes next.

Damian wanted no one to disturb his peaceful life, well he'll make his wish come true once Athanasia is born. Though he don't know how to get out of Claude's protectiveness....that's certainly a huge problem.

"Ja..Bye bye uncle," Damian lazily congratulated, A gust of wind surrounded him and soon enough disappeared leaving a few dust of light. He Teleported.

"Huff..Finally done.." Damian sat down on a couch while also lying his coat on it, that was some go drama, he just wanted to see Anastasius's scared face it was always amusing to see it every now and then.

'Claude is definitely going to kill Anastasius tonight..' He felt something, and thay was a signal for death.

It's been 3 hours since Damian left the party, He decided that the plot has already started, He teleported on the main palace walked around a bit.

"If I remember correctly, Felix in the book once mentioned that Claude killed Uncle in the throne room, or was I mistaken.." Damian mumbled while looking around the halls.

The never looked around seriously on the halls, he just now realized that the halls mostly consisted paintings and golden things. It truly deserved the title as one of the Royal Palace.

Damian smelled a stagnant scent of blood, he took that as a signal that Claude killed Anastasius.

'Almost there..!' Then he stopped at the door of the room, he even almost slipped when he took a sudden break. There he saw Claude's sword cut through Anastasius, and a traumatized Penelope on the floor.

'They don't seem to notice me yet..Oh in the end it is in the throne room,' Damian walked to walked towards the door frame and stood there to watch yet another drama.

"Claude you-" Claude unleashed the sword which made allot more blood to spill, Claude was silent as he turned over to Penelope.

Anastasius feel but Claude seemed to not notice it because of how he was focusing on Penelope. "I loved you, So I'll spare you for this once but if I see you again I'll kill you without hesitation."

Penelope trembled even more and she used all her remaining strength to run, It was silent. Claude ordered Felix to throw Anastasius on the dungeons and let him rot there to death.

Damian who is a little sneaky rat decided to traumatize Felix and Claude."Father, Why is uncle all bloody?" Damian may be a cold child and sometimes evil but that does not mean he kills people, he is just rude to everyone. Felix stopped on his tracks.

Claude snapped out of his anger and looked at his son, His innocent son as been tainted?! Damian's face shows boredom, Claude thought that Damian was too confused at what's happening.

"Damian want are you doing here?" Claude knew about Damian hatred for his uncle and probably him too, but he still cared for his son even if he hates him.

"I was going to get my gift back from uncle, I think the way the gift hit the throne, I think it's broken so I'm here to take it and fix it..." Damian didn't know where he got the excuse but it was very convincing.

"Your Highness it's better if you leave for now.." Felix was speechless he actually did not see Damian for almost 3 months now.

You see Damian is preparing to have his peaceful life, if he leave every now and then people will not worry because he'll just come back, that way when his not around people will know why that he left somewhere again but will come back.

If that happens then there will be no more servants shouting his name panicking on where to find him.

Damian even planned for people to slowly forget about him, but then again he will start this plan once Anastasia is born.

"But you still didn't tell me why dad kill Uncle!" Silence was all there was, Felix and Claude was rapidly thinking of excuse to not make the child misunderstand what they had done. The child mentioned KILL.

"I needed to hurt your uncle, he was a terrible ruler." Claude blankly explained while looking down, he was ashamed for not telling the truth to his son but if did tell his son the truth he bet that his too young to process it.

The truth was not that, his Brother killed his mother, his doing so much to make his life miserable and seeing Anastasius and Penelope together really made him go off his limits.

Penelope, he believed all her lies and her betraying him just to get to Anastasius, it was really too much.

"You're right, uncle really is a bad emperor," Damian left the throne room while saying that bluntly, his tone made Felix and Claude thought he didn't care about his uncle.

Felix and Claude don't know at to do, Damian's reaction was worrying them to death, 'Damian may grow up heartless if this personality goes on.'

True, Damian is heartless, he was once a Hit Man. He didn't really care about other people, even if his love ones die he will not care. He already accepted that everyone dies, from the start he accepted people will die someday so there's no need to be emotional when they die.

'I can't wait to meet Diana, I wonder what kind of woman she if Claude fell in love with her,' Damian was shows a creepy smirk.

Since the beginning of the book he was suspicious of Diana, Yes Diana is beautiful but how on earth will will Claude fall in love suddenly after his first love's betrayal?

It's too suspicious, and it said in the book that diana is just a commoner, how earth did a commoner get inside the palace?! Well Claude may invited her in.

And who the fuck acts like she's the queen inside the palace, drinking tea and walking around the garden freely like she's a member of the Imperial family?!

That really made Damian mad, just remembering the lines on the book... "Lady Diana!"

What he hates the most are these kinds of people. He hates Claude, Anastasius and Penelope the most. Oh Felix is fine Damian didn't sense any lousy greed coming from Felix.

According on the novel, Claude visited the capital, in the capital people was having a huge festival for the new emperor. There he meet Diana being part of some bekini dance club, Damian shivered as he read how the book explained the clothes they wear for dance performance.

Damian appreciate girls wearing just the right amount of clothes to hide their skin. Just T-shirt and pants that reach the knee that he liked to see for a woman to wear.

"Allot has happened today," Damian walked through the dark halls, laughing in excitement. 'Diana...I'm curious of what kind of tricks you did to make my broken father fell in love.'

______________________________________

Damian was reading yet another book on top of a tree, He was enjoying the peaceful moment until someone just had to ruin it.

"Your Highness!" The maid was running passing the tree Damian was residing on. He felt like not playing with anyone for now so he let himself be known, the maid looked panicked better show himself or else the maid might have a panic attack.

"I'm here Susette.." The maid immediately turn and looked up towards Damian.

There she saw a 4 year old boy.

Damian doesn't like the styles of the clothes here so it's already normal for the servants to see their Crown prince wearing luxurious unique masterpiece clothes.

Damian isn't a dressmaker in his past life, he once read a book about making clothes and buala! We got ourselves beautiful clothes unlike the styles here that are very ugly, in Damian's eyes atleast.

He made the clothes with magic by the way.

The servants awed everytime they see the new clothes Damian wore, the clothes he made do have a very detailed embroidery and his way of designs are clearly more advanced, the color partners are also perfectly done.

Damian is very obsessed with ancient clothes but made on modern time, the ancient clothes done in modern society have flairs of creativity and beauty, and worst part about the clothes here is that they are just straight up uncomfortable.

On with the story.

Damian got down from the tall tree,"What is it?" He asked while dusting his clothes, he held his book on his left hand, he looked at Susette without any curiosity.

"His majesty wanted to see you.." Damian was pissed, She called him for that with a panicked expression, Well certainly something happened.

'I might be Diana!That damned woman made me wait a whole year!!' Now Damian was even more pissed, He waited for Claude to leave the palace after his enthronement but he never left at all at that time Damian was confused.

Was he wrong about the time line where Diana and Claude meet? Claude meet Diana because he wanted to see what is happening down town, or was it in the capital? Damian didn't really remember some parts of the novel, what he just remembered the most is the scene which he hates, you know, that scene where you just made it your whole nightmare.

"Your Highness! Please slowdown!" The maid was running after Damian, The maid didn't expect that the prince would sprint immediately after he processed what she just said.

'I'm not going to slowdown now!'  Servants across the halls all looked at Damian with astonishment, they haven't seen him for a while now since Damian mostly walks silently around the halls.

Even if he is walking just beside them if they don't look they wouldn't have noticed him.

"Your Highness!" Damian is getting real angry at Susette.

Damian stopped and that made Susette feel relieved."Where's Father..."For some reason Damian can't sense where the heck Claude's aura is. Did he hide his presence?

"On the west garden of Alexandrite Palace, Your Highness," Susette almost stuttered while answering Damian, Damian clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Next time, inform me with much more detailed presentation,"

And with that he teleported to where his father was, what just happened is surely embarrassing but Damian didn't get embarrassed, he knows that it was Susette's mistake, she didn't straightforwardly told him the information.

He was running around the main palace and all this time Claude was waiting at his palace drinking tea?!

Damian teleported near the table set on his garden, that one table set that he mostly uses when his reading a book or just drawing random shit. Both Claude and Felix was facing their back at Damian.

Damian who accidentally heard their half conversation just kept quiet to know more.

"Your Majesty I do not think that is a good idea," Felix said his worries to Claude which made Damian felt something weird, 'What are they up to now, and oh yeah..where the fuck is Diana?!'

"He needs to get out for once, We all know that Damian had nothing to do but to read books and not doing what kids on his age does, enjoying childhood," Claude explained before sipping his drink.

Felix was still concerned, "But Your Majesty, We both know how much Damian like to experience new things, if we let him out of the palace he may discover something that will make him loss interest about staying in the palace,"

Damian put his fingers to his chin, 'Ah~ So that's why, but you don't have to treat me like I'm going to run away...Which may be true if I get enough of this palace royal shits,'

"I don't think his going to do that, his fate of being the next emperor has already been written," Claude calmly informed, Damian was even shocked that Claude trust him deeply, he is known as a genius after all so it's shocking for him to be the most compatible as the next ruler. But one thing made him a little uncomfortable, 'I don't even know if I want to be the next ruler, well there's always Athanasia as backup heir.'

"You know dad...I'm even considering about my future." Damian said making his presence known. " What do you mean by that Damian?" Claude asked curious why his son is considering his future.

"I don't see being emperor is worth my time as a life duty," Damian shrugged while sitting across his father, Claude was silent for a minute, conflicted.

Claude looked directly at Damian's bored eyes, "The reason is...?"

"...The reason is because there's nothing good about being an emperor. I'll always have messy problems to handle that literally have easy solutions, handling noisy nobles for the rest of my life, have many noble eyeing me like I'm some precious glass for them to wait for it to break, and the most worse part is I hate all that related duties that'll take my freedom. Honestly I think royalty is just a slave to their own empire, commoners have much more freedom than us on the higher-ups," Damian said while eyeing his father in boredom.

Felix and Claude couldn't help but agree to what Damian said, specially on the part that royalty is just a slave to their own empire.

Damian hates Claude, the reason is because his stupid for lying to him on that part where he killed Anastasius and also stupid for not noticing Penelope cheating, he even once gave Claude a hint and he just shrugged it off! How rude! his trying to help him you know!

Damian clearly knows that these are stupid reasons to hate someone but Damian has his own mindset to why he needs to hate Claude even with this stupid reasons. Oh yeah! he also hated Claude from the beginning because he literally killed his flesh and blood daughter over some bitch and asshole's brat, Jeanette.

"Your Highness you don't want to be an emperor?" Felix worriedly asked, it'll be a shame to let him be free from being the next ruler, his intelligence will be in perfect use when he becomes emperor.

Felix think that Damian's intelligence and fierce personality will definitely make the empire more prosperous which is true, Damian kinda wants to train the soldiers the modern professional assassination way, Damian doesn't want to make guns in this era, it'll definitely effect the time line and it'll cause allot of deaths during war. Hah! He thinks that they'll be much more war coming if he invented guns!

So a good old swords training is needed to be done here....

He'll also bring some old technology to make the empire prosperous somehow.

Like fixing the damn water system, teach farmers more ways to grow crops, pull the end of human trafficking, slaves will be under the shelter of the emperor.

Damian is a selfish person so he'll probably make a small spell, That everyone who is out of the Obelian empire will never learn or forgotten  his techniques and teaching of proceeding to have a new life..Maybe this way he can make guns now.

Damian found plan cool, He always wanted to try improving an old era into an awesome one because of his modern knowledge.

"Well I'm still considering it..." Damian didn't mean that he doesn't agree to be the next ruler permanently, he'll step up his role once he see the situation that really needs his presence. Like when Athanasia and Jeanette is not ready or just not cut out to be the role model of leadership.

Damn he needs to make sure atleast one of them grow up independent, Athanasia is definitely on top of the list, Jeanette..Nah It's better for her to explore more so she can realize that she's more of a dumbass than crow.

And About Damian's adventurous hobby, he turned it down immediately after he realized that he doesn't really have things he wanted to do, it's really boring on this world. He liked all the action on the modern era, there's more difficult situations there than here. So needless to say Damian will continue to laze around and observe the plot of the novel, free theater here people!

Claude didn't care much because he knew that Damian will be the only  perfect sole candidate to be the next ruler, "Do what you want..."

Damian deadpanned, 'Did Diana already announce about her pregnancy so that's why your so chill that you have a back up heir...' Damian thought sarcastically, but it's not possible that he didn't sense Diana, he can feel everyone's life force.

"If that's all can I excuse myself now?" Before Damian can even jump down the tall chair because of his 4 year old body. Claude set down his cup suddenly, making that a little violent act his bothered for sure.

"Do you need anything else Father?", "You heard what me and Felix said, You are coming with me down town.." Damian had many visits down towns, he even change his appearance and age to blend in, like turning into a 15 years old boy who is visiting many other towns as a fun moment to gain experience.

'If I were to come, surely this time Claude will meet Diana, No thank you, I'm staying here! Why would I chase after a useless character, all I need is to see if I can have fun with her, I'm really bored here and I could use some action and drama.' Damian thought while looking at the flowers in a daze.

"I don't want to..I've visited enough towns thank you." Damian quickly teleported with a cheeky smirk, Claude couldn't believe that his son all along was sneaking out behind his back and even leave in that young age without any guards?!

"DAMIAN DE ALGER OBELIA!!"

______________________________________

"I'm still outraged at how you sneak out without permission," Claude declared while eyeing his son, they're having dinner and it's been 2 days since Diana entered the palace, 3 days since Claude first enthronement anniversary, 5 days since he informed Claude about his little secret.

Allot has happened but Damian hasn't meet Diana yet. He can clearly see how servants and Imperial guards observing his every move, they are even searching for him in a panic everytime he is gone, bet Claude ordered them not to let me accidentally meet Diana. 'Like bro what the quack...why?'

Damian act like he ignored his father and continued to enjoy the meal, too bad when Damian is on Alexandrite palace he gets to cook his own meals, he likes to eat his homemade food than those prepared by strangers, but even if the food is poisoned he will definitely sense it.

"Dad...Enough already, I'm here still live," Damian said before he drank a full glass of water, and then hurriedly ran out. "Damian!" Claude wanted to scold him again but Damian didn't stop.

"What am I going to do with that boy..." Because of his and Damian unbalanced relationship he doesn't know how to let him meet Diana properly without parting ways with a bad first impression.

"Your Majesty can I do my plan now?" Felix asked.

"No Damian dislikes being deceived, and even if you manage to convince him I'm sure his already wondering what is the important thing you must show him that made you deceive him," Claude left the dinning hall to go back to his office to do his piled paper work.

Damian waited for them to take a action on making him agree about meeting this someone.

'Are they really that worried I'll throw a tantrum once I'm yet again introduced to another concubine?' It's always been like that since Claude took over the throne. The head maids always introduce him to a new concubine, but this time it was different the emperor himself is going to introduce the concubine to Damian.

Just recalling about the past, It was like hell when he meet the concubines he but atleast he gave them a little scare to not bother him anymore after, it happened when he was just turning 4 years old.

' ' '

"Is it really necessary for me to meet them?" Damian growled in irritation, 'It's not even one week of Dad being the emperor but look here he already has a whole flock of ducks'

"You are required to meet every single one of your father's concubines, They may be just concubines but one of them may be chosen to be the empress, assigned to be your new mother, or they may give birth to other royal heirs Your Highness," Damian wasn't sure if this head maid was just being informative or her just insulting him. She just mentioned 'other royal heirs' is she reminding him that his not the only one? Damn old hag he knows it well because of Athanasia and Jeanette.

Damian was walking on the front while the other lined up servants walked behind him, and on both his side is the head maid of the Ruby palace and his personal nanny, yes he still has a nanny.

Damian felt the the tension that the other servants let out as they step foot through the gates of the Ruby palace, they probably feel cautious when he meet them so he made a little question."Why do I have to meet them now? On the afternoon?"

"Because they needed to prepare for your arrival Your Highness," Damian bet it's all orders of Claude to have the concubines be all prepared or utterly beautiful once they meet him. "But I'm sleepy now I need my afternoon nap.."

Damian's nanny already informed this to the Head maid but the head maid can't do anything about that, it's the emperor's order they cannot refused it. Damian's nanny is already old so it's normal for her to get more stressed than usual to the child she's taking care of.

" We are here Your Highness," Damian observed as the Head maid opened the twin doors, he was immediately greeted by a flock of swans or should he say ducks.

"We greet the sole star of Obelia, May your shine never end Your Highness,Prince Damian" Damian just nod as he let his nanny held his hand and lead him to the lounge,'They definitely recite all of this shit..and their high pitched voices are a pain on the ears.'

Damian's nanny picked him up and placed him to sit down on the chair, the couches on both sides and the chair across his was full of concubines and some concubines are staying near him either sitting down on the carpet just on the center or just standing up near him, but one thing he can confirm.

'They are here for my favor just like Penelope's plan, to gain his attention, to gain more attention from my father, and also to achieve a higher status,'

⌘⌘⌘

5096 words

Take note: I do not own Wmmap

So I mostly fill out about the palace things and Imperial laws based on what I know.

I don't how the servants system works so I'm doing what I know about Victorian era lifestyle and fantasy acts on the manga.

Don't
Forget
To
Vote
And
Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 16K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...
6.1K 190 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
181K 8.2K 73
Athanasia is an heiress to the company "Obelia". She is blessed with beauty, great leadership, and also intelligence. But she felt something was miss...
3K 185 13
Claude de Alger obelia.. A businessman whom everyone respect and fear.. He is righteous and Unbending.. He won't spare anyone who makes mistakes an...