Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

Af Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... Mere

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 50

87 7 57
Af Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 50
🌷Adithi POV

3 years Later

Seeing Meera and Rahul on the stage shaking hands with everyone that enters makes my heart swell with happiness. It took them literally 3 years and 5 months to get married. Getting married in November is no joke. It's so cold here that I could freeze in an instance. For me, the only reason they told was they wanted to settle down properly in their respective fields before they take such a huge step.

As I was getting up to call Karthik someone tugs my saree, I look around to find our son Veer and beside him, our daughter Ara (short for Aradhi) stand with huge puppy eyes as if about to ask me something. "What happened Veer?" I ask him crouching down to reach the two-year-olds.

"Dad is not letting us eat ice cream," Ara whines and stomps on her feet, while Veer just rolls his eyes. "She is doing that for so much time and it is angry." He says looking back at his 3 minutes younger sister with a glare, only to end up with a stuck-out tongue from the other side.

"Where did you guys vanish off?" Karthik comes running. "Don't talk to me," Ara says and comes to stand beside me. "It's cold, you shouldn't be eating ice cream." Karthik scolds her. "See your brother, he isn't complaining," Karthik says and I shush him, that's when he realized that he compared them both.

As I and Karthik grew up as siblings we understand how it feels when both are compared. So as parents we are trying to minimize it as much as possible, though they don't understand now, in future we don't want them to think that we will only love them if they are in a certain way.

"Ara, it's cold here, if you eat ice cream now, you will have a fever, your body will become very hot and you will become tired very easily, then you can't go out and play with your friends. Do you want that?" I ask her taking hold of her shoulder, she thinks for a while as if weighing her options. She nods her head negatively, I give her a smile and a high five.

"Let's go meet Rahul uncle and Meera Aunty," Karthik says as he takes hold of Ara's hand while I take Veer's, we all together walk to the stage. Both the kids leave our hands, Ara runs towards Rahul and Veer runs towards Meera.

"Hello, cutie pies!" Meera snickers as she pokes on Ara's nose.

"The next step is this only." Karthik laughs, while both of their faces become serious.

"You are like the 50th person to say that." Rahul deadpans.

"Kids are hard, dealing with them every day is hectic." Meera mumbles.

"But I thought you like kids?" I ask her, not making sense of what she saying.

"But that doesn't make it any easier to deal with them." She says as Veer plays with her huge earrings.

"There is a huge line, let's take a photo first," Karthik says and we take positions.

1,2,3 click.

" Will be hosting a lunch for us five tomorrow," Rahul tells us before we completely get off the stage.

After moving around we find a few seats and sit down, kids being kids start playing with other children while I keep an eye on them, a conversation happening behind piques my interest.

"Isn't the bride a bit fat? What's her name?" A woman says to the one sitting beside her.

"Her name is Meera, even if she is that fat look at the way she is dressed." The other woman replies as if she knows what she is speaking. As if she saw what body image struggles Meera had to go through to be where she is now. It's not easy to exercise almost daily and be mind full of what you eat, still, she tries to pull it off, and yet people are like this.

"She isn't even that pretty, As of what I heard she has no parents and was leeching of her uncle's money." Another one joins out of nowhere. How do people come up with these? This just boils my blood so bad. They don't even have an idea of what is going on.

"No doubt she is marrying rich, such a gold digger." The first one says again that just ticks me off. I turn behind to face the woman who called her wrongfully.

"Is the little boy your child?" I ask her with a sweet smile.

"Yes, he is 3 years old." She tells me with a fear that I might have heard what they are talking? I did hear everything though.

"Am searching for a good pediatrician." Another woman who called her not pretty says as if she could find help.

"Oh! Don't you know today's bride is a pediatrician? She completed her Medicine from one of the top universities with a scholarship and was also given an opportunity to finish her PG through the hospital she worked as an intern, basically, she became a doctor for free. Oh! And also she happens to work at one of the biggest hospitals in the country. She is nothing like you guys imagine. Look how pretty she looks in the lehenga. Now if you will excuse me I have to go talk to her, best friends can't get enough of each other right." I tell them with a smile that makes them gasp.

Karthik gives me thumbs up from the other side. People need to know their places, no matter what people don't have a right to talk about others, but once I turn back, they start bickering again, which included -look how arrogant she is, no doubt they are friends. What the hell? People just don't change.

After moving around here and there and meeting many people we find Sharath on the other side with a girl? What? I and Karthik notice it at the same time.

To know what the hell was happening like the pestering friends we were we went towards him. He spots us right away and walks towards us with the girl followed right behind. "This is our junior, from another course," he says directing it towards Karthik, yes they studied in the same college before they went in different directions for their job. " I will introduce myself." She jumps like a kid she actually is.

"Hey! Am Eshana, a learning architect in your college, but also happen to land an internship in Sharath's office." She tells us with a cute smile on her face.

"I was the one selected to train her, a few days back she happened to meet Rahul when he came to visit me, So he invited her to the wedding. But the fact is that she has a crush on that guy and now she is feeling sad." Sharath says while looking at Eshana.

"Not only me, many people still have a crush on him. The fact that he was getting married literally broke many people's hearts. Many actually didn't expect them to get married or date after the news blew up showing them kissing. It was a hot topic for weeks." She says, I never knew people all-over talked about these two. Hot topic? That's new.

"What else do you guys talk about?" Karthik asks curiously just like me.

"Oh! We talk a lot. In fact, there are many people who actually ship them, part of the reason why I feel they have been going strong for years, with zero fights." Only if she knew.

"What is there to like in him so much?" Sharath shrugs as if it's no deal.

"Can't help it, girls love fantasizing and also believe that having a cold CEO boyfriend would make them very happy. Let's not forget dominating." She says as if she knows what she is talking about.

"Rahul is no way near cold nor dominating. For us, he is just a normal guy that grew up with us who happens to run a clothing store. More or less he is cute funny and quirky." I tell her from all I know.

"You don't know how he is in bed, Maybe he is dominating then?" she says as if the conversation is not about what it is.

Umm- I have no answer for that.

"It's better not to talk about that," Karthik says as he takes a drink from the nearby waiter and gulps it down.

"Even you are hot." She says looking at me. It feels too good to hear that after having two kids. I never felt hot after having kids, it felt more like a  hot mess.

"Anyway let me tell you, actually I had a crush on Meera too, when I saw her for the first time, you know when their video circulated. They both were too smoking hot to resist." She finishes the sentence, as she finishes that a hand snakes around my shoulder, I turn around to find Meera with her hand on me while Rahul stands beside her.

"Who is smoking hot?" she asks. I give Eshana a can I tell look, but she seems to handle the matter in her own hands.

"You, I think you look smoking hot." She tells her.

"But last time you told me you had a crush on me?" Rahul asks as if offended. But it shocked us all that she told him that! Man the confidence of this girl.

"I forgot to mention a small detail. I happen to have a crush on both of you guys. You know like celebrity crushes." She tells me.

"Then am honored to be your crush," Meera says with a beautiful smile that makes Eshana blush.

"There are a lot of things going around on you guys on the internet," I tell Meera while the others were talking to Eshana.

"I know, that's why after we started dating, we had dates in closed spaces, like my apartment, his office," She tells me as if it was common.

"It must have been hard for you. Sometimes Media was on your feet. I was never by your side for that." I tell her.

"Come on you were dealing with your own things. After uncle's death, it was hard for you guys to cope up. Before that, you were dealing with your mental health, your relationship, and many more. In these four years, you have been through a lot, and deciding to have kids is a huge step. Don't ever blame yourself for nothing, because you had other places that needed you the most." She tells me giving me a hug.

"Adithi aren't you forgetting something?" Meera asks eyeing me suspiciously.

"Karthik! Kids!" I shout and turn to find all the color from Karthik's face already lost.

We walk to the previous place where the kids were playing only to not find them there. "Great! You lost your children, on the first-ever wedding you brought them too." Sharath says.

"They are here!" Meera shouts from the corner." They were hiding behind the table and Veer is helping his sister eat ice cream." Meera laughs as we reach the spot and see Veer feeding his sister.

"What did I tell you both?" I give them the typical mother's glare. Veer pushes Ara behind him. " I only gave her to eat, she likes ice cream," he says.

I was speechless. It reminded me of the time when I covered for my sister when she did something wrong.

Karthik got down on his knees to reach Veer's height and grabbed his shoulder. "As a brother you did a very right thing, to give your sister what she loves, but you didn't see that she might catch a cold or cough if she eats ice cream." At that same moment, Ara decides to sneeze. "See! Is it worth eating an Ice cream you love if you catch a cold?" Karthik continues, wiping little Ara's nose.

"Sorry." They both say at the same time." Next time, Don't run away." I tell them pulling them into a hug.

Parenting is hard, but I just hope we are doing the right job. I don't ever want to be like my father, though I wouldn't say he is a very bad father, he was just conditioned to be like that and it is in no way his fault. I still remember the day of my delivery I had a vaginal birth and let me tell you it was tough, but I made it. My dad came into the room saw both the babies in the cradle and gave me a huge smile. " The babies look like both of you equally." He chuckled.

My mom never played a huge role in my parenting, she did what she was told to do and I never wanted to be like her as well. I know am thinking of a lot of things in between other things, but most of my thoughts are in some way or the other connected to my children.

In the end, we say our goodbyes and left the venue. As we were on the way to our same old penthouse Ara asks a question. "Mom what is the difference between a boy and a girl?" she asks me, I don't wanna lie to her but if I use technical terms she wouldn't understand. 

" Ara, that's a very good question. Every person has something called private parts that we cover with clothes, those are different for every person, but can be divided into two or more groups that are called different genders. The boy is gender, the girl is also a gender." I tell her in as simple terms as possible.

"Then being a big gen-der, will make us stronger? Nana says am stronger than Ara and I need to protect her." Nana ( Adithi's Father)obviously would say something like that.

"Veer, your gender has nothing to do with how strong you are. How much well you eat and how healthy you are will only tell how strong you are. You know what they say moms are the strongest person because they carry a baby, sometimes two like you both in her tummy for nine months. It's very hard and only mothers can do that. Do you think that will make them weak, Veer?" Karthik explains perfectly on my behalf.

"No, it makes them very strong." He tells making his hands into a fist.

"Yeah! Each person has different strengths, look at your dad, he takes care of you guys, he runs his job very well. So, you can call his strength as management." I tell them. They nod through what I say. Some people fear that having these conversations about gender or any other will be awkward. But one thing I understood from having children is that It won't become awkward until you make it one.

"Mom How does a monkey jump?" Ara asks the next question being quite opposite from the previous one. I answer that too patiently.

After 4 months

"At last we got the chance to hang out," I tell as I seat myself on the sofa. We gathered in our penthouse. I left the kids at Namratha mom's house. She wanted them to sleep with her and Sara was also not ready to leave her cousins.

"Yeah! Man, it was a hectic week for me. Eshana says she likes me out of blue. She is still just 20 years old and I am 28, it's hard to explain everything to her. Though she works as equal to a professional, she just is just this over-excited ball of energy too hard to handle and her saying she likes me was awkward and all." He tells sipping his cola.

"Don't need to remind us we are old." Karthik deadpans.

"But Eshana is very good is what I feel and also according to Meera age is just a number," Rahul tells as Meera glares at him.

"I know that I am not yet ready for a relationship, she can't handle my cold and angry side, and also what if I end up hurting her." He tells again.

"Just because Alia betrayed you doesn't mean you stop loving only. She seems like a great girl, also cold and dominating seems her type, maybe that's why she liked you." I tell sarcasm spilling through my voice.

"Yeah! She told me the same reason." Sharath says. Oh boy! Isn't this girl way too confident?

"Eshana seems hard to rub off." Meera pats Sharath's shoulder.

"By the way How was your honeymoon?" Karthik questions wiggling his eyebrows which makes me laugh, these guys never stop teasing each other. "Shut up," Meera says while Rahul wiggles his eyebrows same as Karthik." How do you think it was?" he asks and we all end up laughing.

"You have not been bringing Ara and Veer for checkups?" Meera asks turning towards me. " I will bring them in a few days," I tell her.

"I heard that you resigned from your job? Did Karthik ask you to?" Sharth asks me.

"No, I wanted to be a full-time mother, It was my choice. I know many women like to work even after marriage, I wanted to do that too, but once I had kids I wanted to spend the whole time with them." I say them truthfully. It was my choice completely, after having my two bundles of Joy, being a full-time mother seemed the right option to me. Karthik assured me that I can get back to my job once they grow older or if I want to, But let us see what the future holds.

"That was a good choice," Meera says with a smile, she never fails to support me through my decision, she was the first person I went to regarding suggestions, she didn't tell me what I need to do but rather gave me a glimpse of what will happen with each decision I end up taking. 

After many moments of silence, I decided to speak what comes to my mind.

"Am thankful to you guys for everything. Thank you for being my support system" I say them getting very sappy.

"Am not ready to cry again," Sharath says. But still continues." You guys became a very important part, forgave me for the biggest mistakes I made. I could never thank you guys enough." He says wiping a tear away.

"Me too guys, Am thankful to all of you, for accepting me as who I am and at the same time, helping me change into the perfect version I can ever be," Meera says with a heartfelt smile already tears rolling down her face.

"I feel the same, you guys were there through my hardest times, during my dad's death you guys were my hope. You helped me move on like really move on." Karthik says his voice hoarse as if at any moment he can cry.

" Even me, I would have not been here with my wife, I love calling her that if you guys hadn't made your master plan. Thank you so much."  Rahul says, he is in tears as well.

Four years is a long time, and them being by my side made it seem easier. We all were a weeping mess, this is not what we planned for hangout.

"We all together changed a lot and got older, can you believe we are reaching our 30's," Rahul says as he reminisces the past.

"We have come through a lot, but in the end, we still stayed together." Sharath was the one to talk this time.

"Did I make everyone cry?" I ask feeling bad.

"No these are tears of happiness," Sharath says wiping his tears before more tears start to accumulate.

" We totally changed as humans, overcame our problems, though we have new problems in our bag we still know we are happy," Karthik says playing with his cola can.

" I love you guys so much, I couldn't have asked for better people in my life," Meera shouts as she ends up crying rivers. We pull each other into a hug, though the words are unspoken we all know, we feel the same.

Many problems might come, I might still feel sad that I lost my job as a doctor, Meera might still look at the mirror and feel she is not good looking, Rahul might sometimes feel he is Alone, Karthik might sometimes feel he lacked love, and Sharath might act upon his trust issues and get angry. But in the end, we totally know what our safe space is and where we can share our feelings without hesitation.

I am a believer in destiny and I still believe all of us meeting is our destiny, but one thing I learned from my mistakes is that. Even though destiny might give you a chance, but the important thing is how well you hold your chance. At first, I didn't hold on to it properly, but now I hold onto it for dear life. Because my dear life needs people like these to survive and I will never lose them.

Love might be something that changes us, but most of all the change occurs with the company we have, the people we are with and I really am glad to have them around.

There might be problems coming soon our way, but we fail to realize that there is no end to it, there will never be so, this is not the happy ending this is the happy beginning. Beginning of new chapters, beginning of a new life.

It might be new, but it will still be the same because of the people around me. A blessing I would never give up, gems I would never throw away.

Yet, this will be called a happy ending, because at this moment we all are happy. Together.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The end!
Yes, it's done can you believe it? It's DONE! I wrote a book. I really did. Am not crying for sure. It's 66000 words! Can you believe it? I can't! 

Please follow up to read the author's note Please it is very important. It's a small request, please!

~Author

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

147K 6.9K 30
#1 in Armyman as on 29/04/2021 #1 in broken as on 21/12/2021 #21 in Chennai as on 29/04/2021 #1 in Chennai as on 20/5/21 #10 in Tamilnadu as on 29/04...
40.9K 3.6K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
62.3K 4K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...
387K 20.9K 52
❝What sin did I commit in my past life that I have to tolerate you in this life?" "A very grave one for which you're still paying." She replied in an...