The Doberman

By nayawritess

Azalea Caruso is the heir to the Caruso Mafia, an assassin and cutthroat. She hates the idea of marriage but... More

Visuals and a note :)
Chapter 01: Meeting trouble.
Chapter 02: Tesoro
Chapter 03: Leonardo Ricci isn't that bad...
Chapter 04: Power duo
Chapter 05: That's how Azalea Caruso works
Chapter 06: Exes and psychos
Chapter 07: French kissed and flawless
Chapter 08: Players and protectors
Chapter 09: Ricci-Caruso bonding
Chapter 10: Shooting hearts
Chapter 11: Gunshots are like chirping birds now
Chapter 12: Pain and pleasure
Chapter 13: Stalker in the USA
Chapter 14: Soon to be?
Chapter 15: Till death do us part.
Chapter 16: 1 month to forever?
Chapter 17: I spy a traitor...
Chapter 18: Trapped.
Chapter 19: A lie for love
Chapter 20: Dolore
Chapter 21: Signatures and Suspicions
Chapter 22: Fiducia
Chapter 23: Ci vediamo all'inferno
Chapter 24: Just an alliance.
Chapter 25: Have a blessed life.
Chapter 26: Grudges and goodbyes.
Chapter 27: New beginnings, same faces.
Chapter 28: Stronzo
Chapter 29: Wedding bells, same hotels
Chapter 30: Spend the night
Chapter 31: Giglio
Chapter 33: Fuck it.
Chapter 34: Feelings and shit.
Chapter 35: Your favourites
Author's note & Character Aesthetics
!! PREQUEL !!

Chapter 32: I do...or do I?

3.6K 82 18
By nayawritess

Azalea's pov:

"Leo let me go, I have to go see Emma." I squiggled, trying to free myself.

He let go and chuckled.

I walked inside the greenroom where Emma was getting ready. She wore a deep cut, off the shoulder, mermaid tail gown. God, she looked beautiful! 

"And to think I was supposed to get married." I laughed.

"Well, you would've if you weren't so stupid." She shook her head.

Her laugh faded very soon and she sighed.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked.

"Is this too fast? I mean... I love him but does this seem too fast?"

"Well, do you doubt your relationship?"

"Absolutely not."

"Do you see yourself with him in the future?"

"There's no one else I'd rather be with Lea but are we ready for this step?"

"Okay, do you think you can face all the challenges?"

"Absolutely. I will never let him leave me or nor will I leave him. We'll fight whatever comes our way."

"Then you have your answer." I smiled.

"What would I do without you?" she scoffed, pulling me into a warm hug. "If only you would take your own advice."

"Don't ruin the fucking moment." I rolled my eyes.

Leo's pov:

I walked over to the pacing Matteo who looked overly worried, biting his nails.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"Are we going too fast? Like, are we ready for this?" he sighed heavily.

"Do you love her?"

"More than anything."

"Will you be able to give her all the happiness in the world?" I pulled the chair and sat next to him.

"I will try my best to."

"Do you think marrying her is a good idea?"

"Of course it is yeah I don't think I would want to share the rest of my life with anyone else. It's just...is this the right time?"

"Are you ready to face all the challenges that come your way?"

"Anything. Bring it on."

"You have your answer." I smiled.

"God, what would I do without you?"

I pulled him into a tight hug and patted his back.

"I'm very proud of you Matt. Really."

"If only you would take your own advice. I would be proud too."

"Don't ruin the fucking moment." I smacked the back of his head.

Azalea's pov:

It was time to bring the bride out to everyone. Ma and I stood on the left while The Riccis and Jay stood on the right of Matteo, waiting impatiently for Emma. As soon as she was walking down the aisle with her arm linked with Papa. I felt my eyes start to fill with tears as I watched them. Matteo sniffled lowly, trying to hide his emotions.

I took a gander at Leo, who was already looking at me, with a warm smile on his face. As the ceremony went on, Leo and I kept exchanging short glances at each other. It was finally the bouquet throwing when all of us stood back.

"Are you guys ready?" Emma asked and threw the bouquet behind her and straight into my arms. OF COURSE.

I stood there with the bouquet of lilies as Leo continued to gaze at me with soft eyes. Where the fuck did I go wrong? This was not in my plan. Leonardo Ricci was the best thing I never planned. Do I have the courage to tell him that? I don't know.

[A while later]

"Thank you." I said to Leo.

"For what?" He asked.

"For what you did in the ballroom when I was having a breakdown."

"How do you know that was me?" He looked at me with curiosity.

"I just know."

He said nothing. Just smiled.

"You don't have anything to say?"

"Penso di aver reso i miei sentimenti abbastanza chiari con i gigli." He murmured as he walked away.

"mi dispiace amore mio" I mumbled under my breath.

It was time for the best man and maid of honour's speech.

I went first.

"Emma has been an integral part of me since the very beginning. She came into my life when I was in elementary school and has been by my side ever since. A ray of sunshine, a ray of hope and a handful of stupid I must call her. She loves giving me, what she calls, "spontaneous" advice and well most of the time it ends up being an "I should've never listened to you" but that's okay ya know? Because at the end of the day we're both sitting by each other, laughing at the terrible decision we had just made. I'm so damn happy that she found the love that she deserved and that she found it in Matteo. Keep her happy or else we're gonna be in a very different situation. Jay...well uhh we'll talk about you at your wedding, you're not so important to us right now. I'm not gonna go on and on about how important Emma is to me so I'm just gonna conclude by saying till death do us part, Ems."

Teary-eyed, Emma ran towards me and wrapped her pinky around mine.

"Till death do us part, Azzy." She sniffled.

It was Leo's turn now.

"Matteo Casada. A streetfighter I had only heard the name of and come across once or twice I believe. I swear he was the best fighter I had ever seen. I became a fan of his skills. He started working with me when we were about 17. Matt. A professional fighter, my right hand and my bestfriend. We've come a long way from "Can you make time to come to the club?" to "You're coming with us to drink whether you like it or not." Love makes you do weird things and Matteo does all those weird things when he is around Emma and I am so happy. Matt, thank you for being with me when no one else was. Oh, and you too Jav. You'll always be my brother. You'll always be my bestfriend."

Teary-eyed, Matteo sprinted towards Leo and hugged him tightly.

"My brother." He sniffled.

Well, that was emotional as fuck. So now to lighten up the mood we danced. There was only happiness, joy and fun in the air today and I wish every day is like this because this is the most carefree I have been in ages.

[Back in the hotel]

A shower has never felt so good before. I was tired and so I just jumped on the bed, tucking myself in while Leo was in the bathroom.

After a few minutes, he walked out in a white hotel towel, hanging right on his lower hip. JUST A DAMN TOWEL.

"Are you done staring Bellissima?" he smirked.

"I wasn't staring." I stated in an annoyed tone.

"It's okay to admit it." He chuckled. "I mean, why wouldn't you?"

I let out a laugh at his remark. "Cocky today, are we?"

"You should laugh like that. I like you like that."

"Like what?"

"Happy."

"Leo..."

"I know what you're gonna say...but let do something first."

"What?"

He paced towards me and cupped my face. "This." He kissed me.

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! There are two lines I haven't translated (left it for you) We are almost at the end of TD :((( There are like 2-3 chapters left :(( I want to cry ugh but anyways, they kissed again? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 838 49
The Saints' Trilogy: Book Three 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟 Katya Markova had her innocence ripped away from her...
424K 23.7K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
47.6K 1.7K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...