Deku : Like a Dragon

Per lookATtheName

The deep criminal underworld, is a place you can never run away from. No matter if you're a good person among... Més

Chapter 1 : The Beginnings of a Man.
Chapter 2 : The steps that sparks the will.
Chapter 3 : Force Addiction.
Chapter 4 : Enter The One-Eyed Madman
Chapter 5 : The U.A. Conspiracy
Chapter 6 : The trap that spells U.S.J.
Chapter 7 : The U.S.J. Invasion
Chapter 8 : The revelations from days gone.
Chapter 9 : The value behind the ink.
Chapter 10 : Manly Men singing cool songs.
Chapter 11 : U.A. Shenanigans
Chapter 12: The trail of blood
Chapter 13 : Start! U.A. Sports Festival!
Chapter 14: The Dragon Vs The Pomeranian
Chapter 16 : A path of change
Chapter 17: Deeper into the shadows
Chapter 18: Threats lurking beneath the ground
Chapter 19 : What defines a hero?
Chapter 20: Villains Around the Corner, just not this corner
Chapter 21 : Dragon's Emergence
Chapter 22: To Hiroshima
Chapter 23 : The Yakuza of Onomichi
Chapter 24 : The Shadow of Onomichi
Chapter 25 : The Run-in with danger
Chapter 26 : The Scientist's Gamble
Chapter 27: Conflict.

Chapter 15: A day of recharge

2.6K 69 98
Per lookATtheName

Bakugo jolted awake again, bandages wrapped around him. He looked around him, it looks like he is in Recovery Girl's office.

"What...I...I lost..." Bakugo looked at his arms, they were sore from his constant uses of his quirk.

"Ah, you've awaken. Feeling anything? Besides the ego and the rage?" Recovery Girl walked in holding a tray of supplies.

Bakugo put his hands down "How long was I out for?"

"Six hours, Midoriya predicted as such too."

Bakugo laid down on the bed, it is as if his word has shattered "Impossible...How?...I was supposed to be above him! Above everyone else! Me! But why...?"

'I thought that I was given the rights to be the best! But why does he always seem to be...far above me? When I looked behind and saw no one, I thought that I was so far ahead and was the number one...'

Bakugo looked at his patched up bruises "...But instead...He wasn't far behind, he so was far ahead that I couldn't see him."

Recovery Girl put her things away and sat down at her chair "Having a revelation? I'm surprised."

"Shut up! I'm so confused! Why is he so much better!? He was nothing only a year ago, and has always been a quirkless failure. But how!? How is he now...stronger!"

Bakugo then got up and grinned "I-I got it now! He's looking down on me! He must've...had some secret power that he hid from me! THAT TRICKY MOTHE- AUGH!" he was cut off as Recovery Girl has had enough of his shit.

"Have your pride been shattered so hard that you're deluding now!? My god, the relationship between you two is among the worst I've seen in all the years of my career. He doesn't hide anything! And up until the last month, you were his only friend! Looking down on you!? You blew up a hole on his stomach that I wasn't able to heal fully in one go." Recovery Girl angrily yelled at Bakugo.

Bakugo, for the first time in his life, listened. He sat up straight "Then...why did he...back when we were kids...he reached out to help me back when I fell on the river.."

Recovery Girl massaged her head "Have you ever heard of 'Friends', sonny? My god."

Bakugo's head dropped, he glanced at the table next to him and spotted a gold medal, the prize for winning "How?!"

"Nezu announced that the last match was just for funsies for you kids, you are the winner still. Congrats." RG then walked  back to document supplies.

Bakugo grabbed the medal and spotted a note under it, he picked it up to reveal a message.

'Get well soon, sorry for kicking you so hard.' - your friend, or whatever I am to you, Deku.

Bakugo was about to throw the piece of paper down the trash, but something stopped him, he looked at it again, before putting it back in his pockets and getting up "Granny, where the fuck is Deku? You just healed him, right?"

"He went to the Central Hospital, apparently he needs to pay a visit to someone."

Bakugo thanked her before leaving with his things, 'Friend...But he's under me...Why the fuck is this shit so difficult!? That useless, worthless....Deku...'

"Okay, first step is done. It is now only a matter of time." Nezu looked on from the vents.

*At the central hospital.

Tenya is currently sitting on a chair next to his brother,  who is laying down on a hospital bed after undergoing a crucial surgery to save his life.

'I pass the title of Ingenium to you, Brother.' Tensei's message played in Tenya's head.

Tenya then heard the sound of the door opening, he turned around to see Izuku walking in, wearing a different set of clothes.

"Sorry for the new outfit, Bakugo kinda destroyed the last one and Hatsume's still repairing my white suit." Izuku said as he presented himself.

Izuku is currently wearing a plain black suit with an untucked white shirt, black oxfords, and a silver watch that All Might gave to him as a gift for genuinely surprising him with his ability to fight.

"Midoriya! You saved my brother's life!" Tenya got up and thanked Izuku furiously.

"It's nothing." Izuku then noticed Iida's mother sitting there as well, quickly bowing "Greetings, M'am."

Ms.Iida nodded and allowed Izuku to meet with Tensei "Hello, young man."

Izuku then walked over and handed Tenya the third place medal that he won "You forgot his, Tokoyami wanted me to give this to you."

Iida accepted the medal "Thank you. What brings you here?"

Izuku grabbed a chair and sat down "Just checking in, he took some serious beating. What did the doctor say?"

"Apparently...He is paralyzed from the waist down. The hero killer might have not taken my brother's life, but an Ingenium is killed. He has passed on that name to me, it is now my duty to make him proud." Tenya proudly acclaimed.

Then, Tensei's hand moved "You...forgot...this...." and handed Izuku back his card.

"Tensei!" Iida's mother went in and kneeled down next to her son "You're awake!"

"Yes...mother...Hello there, Izuku Midoriya." Tensei turned to Izuku.

Izuku shook hands with Tensei "Happy to see you're safe."

Tensei chuckled "Funny, it's actually supposed to be the other way around...I was supposed to save you, but hey...fate works in mysterious ways."

"Agreed, Mr. Ingenium." said another voice.

Detective Tsukauchi walked in "Greetings, Midoriya. A person really wanted to meet you."

Chief of Police Kenji Tsuragamae then walked in "Hello there, Izuku Midoriya."

Izuku, Tenya, Iida's mother, and Tensei all greeted the policemen as they all sat down.

"I've come to finally meet the new legend of the Dojima Securities team, Tsukauchi and Date has been saying a lot about you. I myself have taken quite an interest as well, especially concerning that Tattoo on your back."

Izuku's eyes went wide "You...know?"

Kenji laughed "Why yes, but do not fret, my lips are sealed. I do owe him quite a lot."

Izuku turned to Tsukauchi, who nodded. He then looked back at the police chief "Then what is the matter that you wanted to discuss?"

Kenji handed Izuku a badge "I am not here to discuss that directly here, I am here to inform you where that discussion will take place. Come to the Dojima HQ in Osaka by this weekend, we have some major threats."

Izuku took the badge and nodded "See you soon, officer."

Kenji nodded "Likewise, Midoriya. We hope you will recover soon, Ingenium." before leaving with Detective Tsukauchi.

Izuku sat and talked with Iida for a bit more, until he checked the time on his phone "Well, I gotta go now."

Tenya walked Izuku to the door "Thank you for coming by, Midoriya. It means a lot." and shook hands with Izuku before he left.

Iida then looked at the bronze medal "I must avenge my brother..."

*With Izuku.

Izuku left the hospital and grabbed a taxi, he intends to go meet up with Kiryu, Daigo, and the other senior members to go out drinking.

After a brisk 30 minute ride, Izuku arrived at a bar in the mall where the adults are already there chatting amogst themselves. There was Majima, Kiryu, Saejima, Date, Daigo, and a new unknown man.

"Oh! Here he is! The star of the show!" said the unknown man as he got up to greet Izuku "I am Masaru Watase, the former chairman of the Omi alliance."

"O-oh, honored to meet you, sir!" Izuku bowed before Watase guided him to a seat. He then called the bartender over "Get something good for our champ here, any preferences?"

Daigo patted Izuku on the back "Watase, how about you surprise him instead."

Watase nodded "Ok! Bring some Macallan! The 12 Years Old ones!" 

The bartender nodded before grabbing a glass and pouring the Macallan 12 Years Old Scotch into it. He then grabbed another cup to  do the same before serving them to Izuku and Watase.

Watase lifted his cup up "To our future!"

The others lifted their glasses up, before Izuku joined them as well "To our future!" then drank from their cup.

Izuku instantly felt the hit of the Scotch "Wow! That is strong."

Watase laughed "Do you know that certain quirks make you more vulnerable to Alcohol?"

Izuku perked up "Really?"

Watase nodded "Yeah! Met a guy once, he has a quirk related to using the nutrients in the body to activate. This makes him a super lightweight, can barely manage a shot and a half."

Kiryu nudged Izuku "Don't worry about it, we're all quirkless here."

Daigo took a sip "But that doesn't mean you should drink irresponsibly, Midoriya. Alcohol might be seen as cool and all, but only through moderation can a man drink and still remain steady."

Majima already downed a bottle by this point "You poetic little shit..."

Saejima ordered another shot "But back to the topic, you did well today kid."

Izuku almost choked on his drink "You saw!?"

"Of course! Everybody did! I don't think you should take any public transportation for a while." Watase pulled out his phone and googled 'U.A.' which brought up many news articles.

'Quirkless Boy displayed absolute skills in combat! The new ally of  U.A.?'

'The Future of Vigilantes?! Izuku Midoriya's debut in the Hero Industry!'

'The new possible teacher at U.A.!?'

'Evidence suggests activity of old Freddy Fazbear's Pizza again, security guard reported to be present during a night shift.'

Izuku nodded and put it away "Maybe fighting wasn't such a good idea."

Kiryu spoke up "Sometimes, it's through fists that you can make amends."

Izuku just got another cup "I dunno, Kiryu-san. I don't know what I did wrong? Did I offend him or something? I just wish I could just go back to when we were friends. He's not all bad...or weren't all bad."

Kiryu leaned back in his chair "Did I ever tell you about a man named Nishikyama?"

Izuku's interested is caught "Who is it? Is he a hero?"

"No, but I guess I was in a similar position to him like you are now to the Bakugo kid. Back in the days, we were practically brothers. He'd always help me out and I'd do the same, but unknown to me, it was because of me that he started to change...a change that drove him down the dark path."

Izuku put down his glass "What..what happened."

"He has changed into a different man, completely opposite of who he once was. He was able to redeem himself, but it came at a cost. A cost so great that I'd rather pay for it instead." Kiryu put his hands on the table, remembering when Nishikiyama blew himself up with the stolen 10 billion yen.

Majima asked the bartender for another shot "Is that why ya never sing that 'Judgement' song again?"

Kiryu turned away "It wasn't the same without Nishiki. That's why I was so reluctant to bring you in, Midoriya. In this life, only a few gets a happy ending. And even the happy ending is only for those around you, not yourself."

Daigo nodded "We are essentially legal Yakuzas at this point, and Midoriya, you are the face of our clan right now."

"Me?" Izuku asked in surprise.

Saejima pointed at him "You are going to become the Dragon of Dojima soon, the state you are like now says that much."

Kiryu put his hand on Izuku's shoulder "Never give up on your friend, if he is really still your friend, you will get through to him one day. I've lost my foster father, my oath brother, the girl I loved, and many friends along the way. The only ones I've got left think that I'm dead, and that is the best outcome really."

Izuku put his glass down, he'd rather not get drunk. This scotch is too strong for him still. "I want to take a walk around here, thank you for your words."

"Take care, kid. I'm still on your ass 24/7, just got off the phone with your furry principal that I can go in U.A. and fight ya whenever I want." Majima waved over his shoulder.

Izuku snapped his face around "You did WHAT!?"

Majima turned around with a big grin on his face "We're going to have lots of fun, Midoriya-chan!"

Kiryu seemed to remember something "Oh, Izuku. Don't forget to drop by the beach tomorrow, I want to train you some more with some more useful moves that could help you fight quirked opponents."

He nodded and ran out before Majima could get any more crazy ideas.

*Outside

Izuku just speedwalked out of there, he doesn't need to know more. He knows that the market district is down the road, the perfect place to take a walk in this late evening. Dressed in his black suit, our protagonist will encounter someone today.

Izuku took a walk past a few stands that are selling goods and ingredients for cooking, there are fresh vegetables still there, and more to come for the night market. He just walked around, maybe he should grab something back for his mother.

"Oh, is it a discount if I buy more? Then I'll take it." 

Izuku perked up at the voice, he turned around to try and get a look for the source "Why does that sounds familiar..."

"Mmm...I really need to come here more often. The products here a really cheap compared to the ones in the stores." the voice spoke up again, this time closer.

Izuku spun around and walked in the other direction, he then bumped into someone walking into him as well. He quickly saw that the person is buying things, and it would be really bad if they fell to the ground.

Acting quickly, he used his right hand and arm to catch the bags before using his left arm to catch the person he bumped into.

He quickly pulled the person close as to not let them fall "Sorry, I wasn't looking. I was looking for-"

"Nonono, I was -"

The two looked at each other, where Izuku realizes who the source of the voice is.

"Uraraka?"

"Deku-kun?"

Izuku quickly let go and gave Ochaco back her groceries "Sorry, it's my fault."

Ochaco blushed as she got up "No! It's mine! I wasn't looking."

....

The two then laughed a bit as she spoke up first "I guess then we are both at fault."

"True, what are you doing here?" Izuku asked her.

Ochaco showed the bags "I was seeing if the things they sell at the Night market are really as cheap as people says! And what do you know? They are!"

Izuku chuckled "My mom always come here to buy things, the stands here always give the best produce for the most affordable prices."

Ochaco then pulled our her list "I-If you don't mind me asking, do you know where I can get some of these too?"

Izuku looked over the list "Hmm, yeah. In that direction. But aren't these a bit less for a family?"

Ochaco put the list away "I'm currently staying alone, my parents always have to go outside and work long hours just to provide for me. It's why I want to be a hero, so I can make a lot of money and gave my parents a comfortable life!"

Izuku nodded "Well, that is a good reason. A lot just want to money for themselves, but it's nice to see that you're doing it for your mom and dad."

Ochaco nodded and turned away "Want to...walk together? I haven't been around here before."

Izuku nodded and stepped ahead "With pleasure."

The two walked together through the night market, with Izuku telling her about various stands and what they offer for their prices. He even pulled out a notebook on which day the price would drop.

The two also got a lot of looks, since they unintentionally share something, their very apathetic choice of clothing.

Izuku simply wore a two-piece suit, whereas Ochaco wore a simple white buttoned-up shirt with a pink hoodie, white shorts, and knee-high socks and red shoes.

Izuku's clothes were plain because the word 'Deku' and 'Fashion senses' go on opposite roads.

Ochaco's clothes were plain because she doesn't see the need for any flashy-looking ones. And her finances said otherwise

So shit, can't  blame the sellers to try and offer them a couple's discount.

"Hey sir!" yelled one of the ladies that are selling flowers, "Don't you want something for your girlfriend this lovely evening?"

"U-uh, she's not my girlfriend." Izuku tried his best to deny their statements, but how often do you get young people walking around here.

Ochaco, on the other hand, has a very money-saving idea, she turned and whispered Izuku "Deku-kun! If we pretend we are a couple, the couple's discounts will help me save a lot of money!"

Izuku shot her a worried look "But are you really okay with...me? I am not the best material for a boyfriend."

Ochaco just brushed it off and blurted out something intentional "Oh, Deku-kun. You'd make a great boyfriend.". She then realizes what she had said and clasped her hands over her mouth "I-I-I, I didn't mean it that way.. I mean, I meant it! But not-, uh."

Izuku also hid his embarrassment "I-it's okay, I-I understand...Then...Uh...shall we?" and pointed at one of the shops.

Ochaco nodded "Y-Yeah...Okay."

The two walked together, but Ochaco's cost-efficient mindset has thought up of another way to get more couple's discount.

"Deku-kun, hold up your arm." Ochaco turned to him.

Izuku did just as told, before Ochaco wrapped her right arm around it and walked with him "There, now it's a b-bit more...believable."

Izuku blushed as well "I-if you say so..."

"Sir! So you are buying something for your girlfriend! How lovely! How long have you two been  together!?" the vendor seller asked as Ochaco picked up some fresh lettuce.

'Shitshitshitshitshitshit!' Izuku's brain went into overdrive, he turned to Ocahco. Since it's her idea, she might have some-

'Anddddd she's also burning up, that's not good' Izuku saw Ochaco's face began to reddened as well.

"U-Uh, we met about....3 months ago." Izuku bullshitted his way through.

Ochaco sped up her pace, she didn't want another question to come. But she is too slow.

"Really!? Wow! So then you two must still be early in your relationship! How did  you two meet?"

Izuku gently nudged Ochaco "Uraraka, could use a hand here."

Ochaco straightened up "We..." she turned around, seeing nothing but the market, which gave her an idea "...Met here! In the night market!"

The lady grinned "How sweet! I met my husband here as well! Oh, how young and clueless we were about love."

Izuku saw an opportunity to change topics "You're married, Ma'am?"

The lady showed her ring "It's been over 20 years now, but I can still remember the first day we met. Despite him looking plain and weak on the outside, when I get to know him more and more, I  became more interested in him. I always thought 'How can someone so plain in a world where everyone is unique, stand out?' but boy I sure did find out."

Ochaco got interested as well "Oh really? That's so romantic!"

The lady laughed "You can say that! He always had my back, even going to great lengths just to make me happy. Some say that I married a plain, boring, quirkless man. But you know what I say? I  always say that I married one of the most kind, genuine, and strongest man I've ever met. Because it takes a real man to make it out in today's world without a quirk."

A middle-aged man then walked over "Ine! Are you telling these two lovebirds our story again!? You always do that with every young teens walking over! Did you even ask them if they are a couple yet?"

The lady grinned "Well, look at them holding each other. Doesn't that remind you of us back when we were younger, Seizou-san?"

"How much are theses things!?" Ochaco quickly stepped in before things got worse.

*5 Minutes later

Izuku and Ochaco let out a sigh of relief as they walked away with the last bits of groceries that Ochaco needed.

"Sorry, Deku-kun. It was a bit weird, isn't it."

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I'm probably making you look bad."

Ochaco held onto Izuku's arm tighter "Don't say that! You're an amazing person!"

"Ah...." was all Izuku could say.

Ochaco corrected herself as she let go "I-I meant that. While I was thinking and having doubts about what I can do, you're always moving ahead. You are quirkless, but somehow, you are always showing me that you're never powerless!"

Izuku hid a smile as he pointed at a stand "Ever try  frozen yoghurt?"

*After a 4 minute debate with Izuku convincing Ochaco that he should be the one paying.

Ochaco bit into a spoonful of her melon-flavored treat "I'm going to pay you back."

Izuku bit into his milk-flavored one "I already said that you don't have to."

Ochaco pouted "Just you wait, Deku-kun. I'll sneak some money into your pocket without you even knowing."

"Isn't that like...reverse stealing?" Izuku muttered to himself.

The two are currently walking to a bus stop, with Izuku insisting that he at least walk her there if he can't take her home. Somehow though, they are still holding onto each other.

And so, after a brief while, Ochaco reached her destination with a bus soon approaching.

"Well, it is nice meeting you, Deku-kun." Ochaco said as she checked her things before getting on.

Izuku nodded "Same to you, Uraraka-san."

Ochaco giggled "Uraraka is fine, dummy." and hopped on the bus. She waved at Izuku as the bus took off, watching him leave her sight before sitting back on her seat.

She smiled to herself as she checked the things she bought 'Today is a lot better than I thought it'd be...', she then remembered the story that the lady told her about her and her husband. Ochaco then has a flash of Izuku and her in that position, before she clapped her cheek to shake off those thoughts.

'He'd probably prefer a girl with more status like Yaoyorozu more than me...but if...'

With Izuku, he just watched as Ochaco's bus leaves, before turning around, tucking his hands into his pockets, and walking away to grab a taxi home.

'Uraraka...You wanted to help your parents by being a hero...How cool...' He thought to himself. He then looked up at the sky and walked away....

To Be Continued...

Still no sleep go brr...

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.4K 66 17
Ryu yagi born into a world were everyone is born with animal features as well as a quirk why would I be telling you about this well depending on the...
1.8K 27 9
This story starts with Izuku when he discovers that he has a villainous quirk and that he has to hide it or he will be hunted for it. How will he han...
2.5K 70 7
The man who transcend the limits of the human body, allowing him to become a being akin to a God. Six years ago, his name was feared throughout the u...
724K 30.9K 121
Midoriya Izuku is not your wimpy loser that every anime tries to portray. Instead, he is the most straight-forward, over-dramatic teen you will come...