Trust Me || Peter Parker

By TrueLouMoonlight

"You're going to have to trust me, Lyra, go home!" "And what? Leave you!?" ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ ☘︎︎ Peter Parker - Andrew... More

- Casts
- Part One
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
- Part Two
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
- The End

Chapter 16

5.2K 172 16
By TrueLouMoonlight

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲: 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀

Thunder rumbled and rain pored overhead as Lyra exited the church with her mother on one side and Gwen on the other. Fate had really taken a turn for Lyra, finding out your older brother died during the fight was hard enough, but also hearing that a past time father figure didn't make it either? She was sure life couldn't get any worse.

People gave her sympathetic pats on the back as they walked past, and it finally felt as if all of the news had finally become reality. They held Alex and Captain Stacy's funeral in a church together, feeling as if this wasn't the time to be alone.

It had been days since she had heard from Peter, it was quite obvious that he was doing his best to avoid the girl. Lyra knew he was there for it all, he watched it happen, and she would at least of thought he would be there for the funeral. Lyra spent minutes after minutes waiting for Peter at the entrance of the church, she even tried to call him (and unfortunately had no success) before she gave up and walked in herself.

Lyra knew Peter wasn't at his best, but it seemed like no one was either. Every night she stayed up, waiting for a reassuring text that would normally come through, yet she was left with nothing.

She felt Gwen's hand suddenly move to her shoulder, squeezing it slightly and giving her a sympathetic look. It was all fine before the tears finally started falling from Gwen's face, dripping onto the ground, since Gwen wasn't bothered to wipe them. That settled it for Lyra as well, before her eyes started to water and fresh tears rolled down her cheek. Slowly, she reached over and pulled Gwen into her arms, rubbing her back softly as both girls tried to seek comfort. Without exchanging words, Gwen pulled back with a tight squeeze and a weak smile before meeting her mother and siblings at their car.

Yet, Lyra just stood there. She examined the church building in self-pity, replaying the ceremony word for word in an emotional way. Julia stared at her door, a sad expression written on her face. Slowly, she approached her daughter and took her gently by the arm, leading her towards their car. Both girls did their best to keep on weak smiles, exchanging thank you's to the guests. Neither of them spoke as they opened the doors, each letting themselves collapse in the seats, taking deep breaths.

After a moment of silence, Lyra turned to her mother. "Can you take me to Peters," She said breaking the tension. "I just need to have a quick word with him."

Julia just nodded before starting the car and driving slowly on the slippery road. Lyra stared out the window, watching as the rain fell and formed a puddle. She glanced at streets that they drove past, small nerves formed in her stomach as she watched each street sign pass, silently dreading the familiar ones that alerted her that they were close.

Minutes past, before Julia finally stopped the car right in front of Peter's house and Lyra took a few deep breaths. Silently exchanging a look with her mother, the girl nodded before clicking the car door open and extending her umbrella. She slowly made her way over to the front door, mentally cursing herself as she knew her mother was watching her. As Lyra stood face to face with the door, she lifted her hand to knock, hesitantly slightly before finally knocking three times, taking a small pause in between each one.

She heard the door click and slowly open before she saw Peter appear at the doorstep. He looked as if his entire world had collapsed, his eyes were full of sadness and his face was unbelievably pale. The boy glances at the ground for a few more seconds, finally plucking up the courage to take a deep breath and looking her in the eyes.

"Hi." He whispered in a small voice, staring relentlessly into the girl's eyes. She could sense the sadness, and tried her best to keep herself together.

"Where have you been?" Lyra whispered back with hurtful eyes. The boy doesn't answer.

"Gwen's dad died, Peter. My brother died." The girl said with a pained voice, yet keeping it quiet. "There was a funeral and everything. They shot off rifles and they made speeches, heck even I made a speech. Two of our teachers showed up and even Flash was there. Everyone was, but you."

Tears started falling out of her eyes as she looked at the boy, him looking right back at her. Peter's eyes watered as he watched the girl he loved fall apart. His hand hesitantly reached up and wiped the tears off her chin, stopping them from falling.

"I can't do this, Lyra. I can't do this." Peter mumbles shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I can't."

"What do you mean?" Lyra asks the pained boy.

"I can't see you anymore. I can't." Peter finally spoke clearly, feeling his heart rip in two. When Lyra said things couldn't get much worse, they just did.

More tears seamlessly dripped down the girls face as she stared into his dull brown eyes, she saw how much it pained the boy to do this. His lip quivered and small tears started rolling down his cheeks, she barely noticed them before the boy chucked his hand up to wipe them. Lyra just shakes her head before turning around and walking down the pavement stairs. She considered whether to turn around and speak to him, shaking her head, she turned her whole body to face his pained one.

"He made you promise, didn't he?" Lyra commentary firmly watched as the boy's heart broke. "I knew he would. He wanted you to promise to stay away from me, so I'd be safe."

She feared he would do this. And she can't help but slightly shake her head. Lyra could barely look him in the eyes anymore as she turned around and walked into her car. She tried desperately to ignore her mother's stares, keeping her eyes firmly on the road. But she failed desperately as she turned to look her mum in the eye, and that's all it took for her to collapse in her arms and cry like how she used to. Julia let her daughter hold her hand as she drove back to their apartment, squeezing it every time she heard her quiver.

Yet Peter just furiously wiped his eyes in alarm and watch her distantly as her mother drove off. He cursed himself before turning and walking back into the house, ignoring his urge to slam the door and instead quietly closing it. Peter looked up and caught sight of his Aunt May standing in front of him, staring up at the boy.

"Lyra is such a pretty girl." Aunt May states while Peter raised his head to nod, letting a small yet hurt smile appear on his face.

"That's what Uncle Ben said when he first saw her," Peter said.

"Did you ask her out again?" She asks and frowns as her nephew shakes his head, lowering it. "Why?"

"I'm just no good for her." Peter sighs.

"Peter Parker, if there's one thing you are, it's good." Aunt may state firmly, yet reassuringly as she walked closer to him and reaches to take his arm. "Anyone who has a problem with that can talk to me."

☘︎︎

Standing near her locker, Lyra sighs. Gwen was leaning next to her, exchanging small laughs as she continues a funny story. Peter watches from his locker, he examines Lyra's smiles and chuckles. A small smile slipped onto his face as he watched her throw her head back in laughter, lightly hitting Gwen's shoulder. She's happy, and that's exactly what he wanted her to be. He quickly averted his eyes from hers as she glanced around the hallway in interest.

"What up, Parker!" Flash calls, giving him a man hug from behind.

"Hey, how's it going?" Peter asks the boy, trying to smile a little as he noticed Lyra looking his way. By the time he turned his face to connect with hers, she had already turned back to Gwen.

"You coming along, man?" Flash asks, snapping his gaze.

"Cool shirt." Peter points out as he gestured to Flash's Spider-Man related t-shirt.

"Yeh, Dudes crazy. Chicks dig him." Flash points out making Peter slightly flustered but he managed to keep that to himself.

From across, Lyra gently pats Gwen on the back, pointing to her class before they both wave and split ways. Lyra readjusted her bag so it felt more comfortable on her shoulders before starting to walk down to her first class. She could feel Peter's eyes on her and she had to stop herself from staring back at him.

Lyra took her seat in the middle of the class and watched as students started surrounding her and taking their seats as well. She lifted out her book and pen and waited for the teacher to start talking.

"I had a professor once, who liked to tell his students that there were only ten different plots in all of fiction. Well, I'm here to tell you he was wrong." Her teacher states, Lyra is feeling a little taken aback by the sudden commotion. "'Who am I?' Mr Parker." She suddenly snaps as everyone turns to see Peter walk in, Lyra lightly smiles as she can see his small grin.

"Tardy again. Well, at last, we can always count on you." The teacher adds.

"Sorry, Miss Ritter, won't happen again. I promise." Peter says as he takes his seat behind Lyra.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Mr Parker." Miss Ritter says to him as Lyra crosses her arms over her chest instinctively.

"Yeh, but those are the best kind." Peter leans over towards Lyra, smiling slightly.

"Open your book, class. Let's begin on page one." Miss Ritter calls to the class and Lyra couldn't help the small smile on her face gradually extend as she silently chuckles to herself, shaking her head slightly.

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎ 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗡𝗘☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎

An:
I feel like crying, I've worked so hard on these chapters and now I'm finally done part one!
This is truly amazing.

I will be starting part two most likely tomorrow and I'll be spamming updates so be prepared!

I love you all, thanks so much for reading xx

- BlueLouMoonlight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 146 13
"People deserve to know what is going on in this city." • • • Ella has always wanted to be a reporter. As far as she remember, she always had a pen i...
47.3K 1.4K 24
☆彡 Makayla's curious self accidentally gets too caught up in a relationship with Peter, and soon to be known as Spiderman
30.2K 708 12
*sequel to 'Just Out of Reach'* 'how to deal with your boyfriend's girlfriend returning from the dead' was not in any girlfriend handbook y/n was eve...