Juvenility

By _fangirl_account_

Ten years ago and everything seems to stay the same. Even for the hot-headed guy, Katsuki Bakugou who had his... More

Before You Read
Friend
Shoe
Guilt
Gone
Returned
You're Mistaken
The Park
Lost Little Girl
Dynamight To The Rescue
SMS
Hang Out
Inivitation
Camping trip
Fireflies
Weird
Playground Fight
Zoo
Lost In the Crowd
Hold hands
Rain
Thunder
Jealousy
Truth
Avoiding
Remember
Date
Author's Note

Playground

685 23 6
By _fangirl_account_

It was a calming day, it was the perfect time to relax or take a nap in the afternoon. It's the perfect plan for you if you could just—

"(Y/N)-chin! (Y/N)-chin! Swing! Swing!" Akari exclaims pointing at the swing while walking at the nearby park.

"But Akari-chan, you already play at the daycare," you say.

"I swing! (Y/N)-chin! Pwease! Pwease!" She pleads.

You tried ignoring her banter but Akari starts to throw a fit on the road which is embarrassing and also annoying for you while the eight-month-old baby strapped on your back isn't also cooperating.

Your plan could wait for a bit longer.

"Okay." You exhale. "You can play for about ten minutes, what about that?"

"Okway!" Akari says and excitedly runs into the park.

"I told you, no running!" You scold following your niece.

Akari trips on her own with her face-planting on the ground as she lifts her head and starts to cry.

"What did I tell you?" You say softly and lift Akari up. "Let's see..." you say examining if your niece has any scratches, bruises, or cuts around her which is a huge relief for you.

You pat Akari's head lightly and start to rub circles around her back to comfort her. "There, there,"

"Do you want to go home or play in the park?" You ask. "If you're going to cry here all day then you aren't able to play,"

Akari shakes her head in response wanting to play in the park.

"Come on now," you say pulling out a handkerchief from your pocket and wiping the snot leaking out from her nose.

"There, all better now,"

Akari nods her head and walks towards the swing waving her arms. "(Y/N)-chin! (Y/N)-chin!" She calls wanting you to push her while she sits on the swing.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," you say walking towards her.

Akari sits on the swing as you lightly push her as she lets out a huge smile on her face.

You wonder how kids get so much energy.

Akari stops herself and gets off the swing then pats the seat.

"What's wrong Akari-chan?" You ask.

"Aoi pway swing too?" Akari asks.

"No, Akari-chan. He can't sit on the swing." You reply.

"Why?"

"I think Aoi-kun is too small for the swing, maybe when he is older okay?"

"Okway, I pway?"

"Yes you can still play we still have about six minutes, we still have time,"

"Okway!"

"I'll be at the bench with Aoi-kun okay?"

"Yes!" Akari replies running at the sandbox.

You sit at the nearby bench and settle Aoi on your lap while babbling.

"I'm sorry Aoi-kun, you'll play when you're older okay?" You say.

Aoi continues to babble at you while you watch your niece in the distance.

"You with the brats again?"

You turn around to see Katsuki behind you again.

"Bakugou-san? Fancy seeing you here," you said. "What are you doing here?"

"I—"

Akari runs to your side and starts pulling your hand. "(Y/N)-chin! (Y/N)-chin!"

"What is it Akari-chan?" You ask.

"Swide! Swide!" She says and points at the nearby slide.

"Akari—"

"Swide!!!"

"Akari—"

"Swide!!!" Akari continues to cry pulling your hand.

You knew that she wouldn't stop until she cried and you didn't want that. You turn to Katsuki. "Uhh... care to take of Aoi-kun for a minute?" You ask.

Katsuki stares at you with wide eyes not knowing what to say.

"Please Bakugou-san, just for a minute?"

"I—"

"(Y/N)-chin! Pwease! Pwease!" Akari cries as she pulls your arm.

"Fine, but hurry up," he says.

You put your nephew in Katsuki's arms and put on the strap on him. "If he cries it's either, he's bored, hungry, or filled his diaper," you say as Akari pulls you away.

Katsuki remains rigid since he didn't want to stand or he might hurt the baby in his arms. Aoi stares at him with a judging look as he babbles some words.

"What are you staring at brat?" Katsuki says.

"Bababa!" Aoi exclaims wriggling his arms and legs.

"Oi stop squirming you brat!" He exclaims.

Aoi stops squirming and gives him a pouted look.

"I know that face, and don't you dare." He threatened.

Aoi starts to cry which makes him panic. He never knew what to do with kids since he wasn't the best babysitter. He unintentionally creates a small explosion on his palms as the child stops and looks at it.

An idea struck Katsuki's mind creating some small explosions on his palm as Aoi stopped crying and squealed in delight from the small explosion he'd seen. He grabs Katsuki's calloused hand and starts to play with it as if he wants to see more explosions.

"Bababa." Aoi babbles pointing to you.

Katsuki follows the direction he is pointing at. "What about (Y/N)? She's just an acquaintance? I know her a long time ago," he says.

"Babata...."

"That's all she is brat. Stop assuming there's something more,"

"Bababa,"

"Oh? Are you challenging me? Fight me!"

"Bababa!" He continues as a line of drool falls out his mouth dripping on his pants.

"Watch it brat, don't get your disgusting spit all over me." He hisses.

Aoi lets out a giggle and continues to babble more drool spilling out of him.

"Ah sorry about that Bakugou-san, Akari asks me to slide down with her thrice," you say running up to them.

"About time," Katsuki grumbles and hands you the baby. "This brat is drooling over me."

"Sorry about that, I have some tissues if you—" Aoi squeals as you hold him and reach out Katsuki's spiky blond hair yanking it away.

"Oww! Stop it!" Katsuki winces.

"Noo!! Aoi-kun! Bad, bad, no pulling someone's hair!" You say.

You manage to get Katsuki's hair out of the baby's grasp.

"That hurts like hell brat!" Katsuki yells.

"Bakugou-san, he's just a baby," you say.

"Tell him that," he hisses.

"I'm sorry, babies tend to grab anything their grubby little hands can get," you say lightly tickling Aoi as he squeals.

Katsuki hums and turns away. "Must be annoying,"

"Annoying? Yes, it can be but they're my family too you know?"

"You watching over the brats again?" He asks.

"Their parents are busy since their mother got into an accident, it was nothing serious but she's under-recovery."

Katsuki feels guilty for being nosy as he nods his head. "Ah, I uhh..."

"Don't feel guilty Bakugou-san, it's fine,"

Katsuki hums in response as the two of you get quiet while Aoi continues to babble and grab your hair which you avoid.

You pull out a pack of tissue from your bag. "By the way Bakugou-san," you say breaking the silence. "Do you go here often?" You ask.

"No, just running some errands for my hag," he replies.

"Hag?"

"And this park is just near our house,"

"Oh, I see,"

Katsuki nods his head trying to ignore the weird feeling in his chest. This specific playground was special to him because it is where he met you and also the last place he saw you. It was a mix of bitter and nostalgic feelings whenever he saw it.

He would still spend some time going in this park just to get rid of the heavy feeling but all it did was remind him what he has done. Seeing you here once again made it somehow lighter for him and all he needs to do is to apologize, but he is too proud to do it.

"(Y/N)-chin, hungwy!" Akari says running up to you and patting her stomach. "Tummy hungwy!"

"Ah, sure we can go home." You say. "I guess, I'll see you later Bakugou-san,"

"W-wait!" Katsuki calls wrapping his fingers around your wrist desperately wanting you to stay beside him.

"Yes?" You turn around to face him.

"I..." he trails off as the words are stuck in his throat unable for him to speak.

You waited patiently for him to speak but it seemed that he was having trouble speaking for himself.

"I uhh... I just want to... see you again...." he whispers the last part unable for you to hear.

"Hm? What is it?"

Katsuki summons all of his courage and meets your gaze swallowing every bit of his pride. "Can we meet again?" He asks.

"I don't know exactly, but I can give you my number," you suggest. "So we can meet sometime in the future,"

"Sure," he replies as you hand him your number.

"Let's text each other okay?" You say smiling at him.

"(Y/N)-chin!" Akari cries.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Come on now, let's go home," you say.

"(Y/N)-chin!" She whines and sits on the ground.

"What is it now?" You ask as she continues to whine. "Want me to carry you?"

"Go home!"

"I know, I know," you say and pick up your niece.

"Go! Go!" Aoi chants behind you.

"I know, I know,"

Katsuki watches you walk away with your niece and nephew as he is left alone in the park staring at his hand. He was still in a daze as he couldn't believe that he had your number in his hand.

Was this real?

After ten years, Katsuki was able to get in touch with you again.

After many drafts, I manage to write this chapter. I'm getting hyped as the story progressed.

Finally, Aoi getting a bit of screen time. 😆

As much as I want it to be a slow-burn story. I could never write something like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 82 8
๐ค๐š๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ค๐ข ๐›๐š๐ค๐ฎ๐ ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ! ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ *๐’Š'๐’Ž ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’ˆ๐’๐’๐’๐’‚ ๐’๐’†๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–.....๐’Š ๐’”๐’˜๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’Š๏ฟฝ...
54.2K 1K 24
Bakugou a softy please who would actually believe that. It seems that when he's around you everything changes. An old friend comes back with a new pr...
19.4K 467 8
Just when you thought no one was like Bakugou Katsuki, turns out he has a twin brother. Together they're inseparable.
18.9K 323 19
This is a Bakugou x Reader fanfic! You and Bakugou have been best friends for 10 years. (Ever since you were toddlers) You and him have always joki...