Two Sides to Every Love (Gene...

Bởi Shadowlumi

Sequel to "Two Sides to Every Girl" It was almost the end of summer before Y/n's senior year, and she was hap... Xem Thêm

Before You Read
Chapter 1~ Relationships
Chapter 2~ Sudden Vacation
Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not
Chapter 4~ Kept Secret
Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame
Chapter 6~ Katelyn's Care
Chapter 7~ Heartbreak
Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck
Chapter 10~ Big News
Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?
Chapter 12~ The Prospect of Love
Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.
Chapter 14~ Falling For You
Chapter 15~ Way Home
Chapter 16~ Fireworks
Chapter 17~ Start Anew
Chapter 18~ Oh No He Didn't!
Chapter 19~ Siblings
Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21~ Business Proposal
Chapter 22~ Worry About You
Chapter 23~ Healing
Chapter 24~ Smile
Chapter 25~ The End of All Things
Chapter 26~ Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 27~ Dear Diary
Chapter 28~ Our Spot
Chapter 29 🍋~ Greedy
Chapter 30~ Maid Café Shenanigans
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP
Side Story 2~ A "Little Bit" Drunk
Side Story 3~ Prom Night
Side Story 4~ New Year('s Eve), New Friend

Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup

106 3 2
Bởi Shadowlumi

Aph and I ended up having to sleep elsewhere, as Katelyn's sickness worsened. Now, no one spent much time in the room, other than to deliver her food and medicine. That isn't that important, I just thought that I should bring it up. I mean, poor Katelyn, am I right? My inner monologues...it's as if they're out of my control.

Anywhoo, it's the official day one of my stay in away from the possibility of any dates decree, as I decided that Dante's rude awakening from yesterday ruined the whole day. I was currently lazing about in the rooftop pool in a floatie, sipping on a drink through a fancy straw; something I imagined celebrities typically do. However, guess who decided to interrupt my plans once again...

Dante emerged onto the rooftop and was talking on the phone. To add to his obnoxiousness, he was on speaker. I tried to focus on relaxation, but I quickly grew annoyed, as him and who I presumed was Gene were shouting at each other. Something about clothes and soup.

"WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP STORE!?" Dante shouted.

Oh that is the LAST straw. "SHUT THE HELL UP, DANTE!"

He collapsed from his lounge chair. "Y/n, I'm on the phone! Don't be rude! When did you even get here?"

I ignored his question and snapped, "That phone of yours is so close to going for a swim with me. If you don't want that, GET OUT!"

"Hey, a swim sounds pretty nice, can I join?"

"HEY DANTE, DON'T YOU DARE! YOU PROMISED WE'D USE THE COOL LIGHT UP POOL WHEN I CAME OVER TONIGHT!" Gene shouted.

"Oh yeah!" Dante exclaimed. "Sorry bro."

"Gene can have in on this pool alright. He'll so get to see the lights. Pretty white ones... Oh, but maybe a bit of red and orange would be better..." Go to hell!!

"Eh, I was thinking purple, but if you recommend those colors, I'll check em out, too."

Purple...? Like lea— FOCUS, Y/N! Ugh, this being mad thing is exhausting... My ending line with him was about moving on, so maybe I should just let it go.

Dante and Gene's conversation carried on, much to my annoyance, until it finally ended with Dante saying, "See you tonight!"

"Wait, what?" I questioned.

"Didn't you hear when Gene mentioned it earlier? I'm finally hanging out and catching up with him! You never did give me the details about your date, so I gotta find out what he's up to myself. I'm meeting him out for dinner before him, Travis and I hang out here."

"It wasn't a date," I corrected. "Also, the hotel is my safe zone for the next three days. Go somewhere else."

Dante furrowed his brows. "I thought it was two days. Today and tomorrow."

I shook my head. "It was two days. Your interruptions keep extending my staycation." 

"I'd like to remind you who won the tickets here?" Dante retorted.

"...I guess that's true. How did you manage to get the tickets?" 

He glanced around before approaching me. "Don't tell anyone this. Promise?"

I nodded.

"Well...it was a kissing contest. And...the short story is that Aaron and I accidentally kissed."

I gasped. "So you cheated on Nicole with not only a beach babe but Aaron?!"

"Y/n...!" He reached forward and splashed me.

I shook myself off and splashed Dante before paddling myself over to another end of the pool, placing my drink down. Much to my dismay, Dante hopped into the pool and removed the floatie from beneath me. We got into a splash fight, before I noticed Dante's phone sitting on the pool's edge. I smirked as I rushed towards the corner. Just as I was about to reach it, Dante pulled me back by my legs, and I accidentally elbowed him in retaliation.

"OW!" he exclaimed. 

I turned around. "Oh my Irene are you okay?!"

He was covering his right eye before slowly removing his hand from it. "Does it look okay?"

I leaned toward him and narrowed my eyes. "Looks fine."

He splashed me before getting out of the pool. "Payback! Ugh, now I have to take another shower today."

"You started it!" I exclaimed.

He rolled his eyes before collecting his phone and walking away, leaving me alone on the rooftop. I shook myself off. So much for living the celebrity life...

*~o~o~o~*

While Dante was hanging out with Gene and Travis, and Zane was downstairs watching TV with Aph, Aaron, and Garroth, I decided to hang out in the guys' room. Well, until Zane came back, calling it a night and kicking me out.

I sighed, sulking out of the room until I almost bumped into a shirtless Gene. My shoulders jumped and so did my eyes out of my sockets cause dang Gene started working ou— I shook my head from both being dazed and my own shallowness. I'm way too swayed by appearance.

"Hey, I actually needed to ask you something," he said.

"Yes!" I blurted out.

"...What?"

I sheepishly laughed. "N-Nothing. Uh, what'cha need?" Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idi—

"Wow, not barking at me. That's a surprise. Anyways, y'know how Dante and I were calling earlier today?"

"Yeah, you guys were pretty annoying. What about it?"

Gene rolled his eyes. "Dante didn't end up hanging up, so I overheard...some things. I hung up when he went 'ow'."

I grimaced. "I accidentally elbowed his eye."

"Why?"

"Well, in case you couldn't tell, we were in the pool, and while I was turned around, he grabbed my legs from under the water, where there was too much raining, and on reflex, boom, elbow to eye."

Gene looked appalled.

"...Okay, I get that it sounds bad, but you overheard our convo, it was just a splash fight."

"Hmm...alright. One last thing. Is he actually cheating on someone?"

I shrugged. "It's kinda complicated, but he's working on fixing things."

"That's good. Alright, thanks. It was nice having a civil conversation." He was about to walk into the bathroom when...

"Wait," I called.

He turned around. "Yeah?"

I met his eyes. "I'm sorry for the other day. I was just alarmed to see you and...I'm over it."

"You have nothing to apologize for." He gave a small smile, his lips quivering the slightest bit. "I'm sorry for the past eight years, dork." He disappeared into the bathroom.

I was left gazing at the bathroom door, feeling a mix of relief and hurt. Yeah, he's a jerk for never talking to me again, but we both lost a love, regardless of how young we were. He had his way of dealing with it, and even though it hurt me...I can't blame him. Being friends back then might've been torture for him, and maybe...I had to learn, at least once, what losing someone I loved was like.

"You're down bad..." Shivers ran down my spine at the sound of Zane's voice.

I guess my deep monologue went on long enough. "Wh-What are you doing awake?" I stammered. "You said you were going to sleep..."

"I know what I said, but I couldn't fall asleep before you two started talking, so I decided to listen in." He let out a devious laugh.

"So what?" I mumbled.

"Not much. I just get to make fun of you now."

"I You got a problem with me?"

"Yes!" he mocked, shutting his door.

"HEY! That wasn't even in the context— Ugh!" Emos these days! I shook my head dismissively before standing around, thinking up what to do.

While I was doing so, Gene emerged from the bathroom. "So she lingers," he remarked.

I shrugged. "I don't have a room right now since Katelyn's sick, and Aph and I were sharing a room with her."

"Where have you been sleeping then?"

"Around." Wait a minute... "Not like that but"

He rolled his eyes. "Does she have a virus or something? A bit worrying if you can't even be in the same room as her."

"She's gotten more sick today, so she kicked us out, just to be safe."

"Jeez. That's extra. Since you have nowhere to go, wanna hang upstairs?"

"Nah, life isn't that bad."

He sighed. "You know what I meant."

"Yeah, life isn't that bad that I have to resort to hanging out with three losers. I'mma go see what Aph, Aaron, and Garroth are doing~"

"Ah yes, another trio of losers."

YOU DIDN'T DENY THAT YOU WERE ONE!! "Shut up! Go back to the guys, loser."

"If you say so, loser." Gene sped upstairs before I could make a retort.

I was left to soak in my pitiful defeat until I finally went downstairs, where the three who were in the TV room were staring up at me.

"What?" I questioned.

Garroth giggled. "It sounds like you two are dating already."

"We just made up, that's all. How did you even manage to hear everything?"

"We definitely weren't camping out by the stairs!" Aph's sparkling eyes went dull and her expression flattened. "Y/n, what did Gene mean about the Dante and cheating thing?"

Uh-oh... "Uh. That's an interesting question, that's for sure. But um. Maybe ask Aaron and Garroth about it. I have to...get soup."

"Nuh-uh. We have a lot of soup cans left. You have to explain what you know about Dante, missy."

Aaron narrowed his eyes at me. "Yeah, what she said."

"Katelyn, wants PANERA," I protested.

"PANERA IS CLOSED, AND SHE'S ALREADY HAD DINNER, WHAT'CHU MEAN?!" Aph shouted.

"SHE'S STILL HUNGRY, AND...I HAVE TO CHECK MYSELF!" I sped out of the house, but I didn't get far before Aph tackled me.

"I could've broke my face!" I whined as Aph got off me, letting me sit up.

Aph glanced up at the rooftop. "Is Dante cheating on Jenna? Or...did he never break up with Nicole?"

"...Who's Jenna?"

"The beach girl!"

"Ohhh, the beach babe. Ask Dante." I was about to stand up, but Aph made angry growling noises that caused me to sit back down. Why me...?

I explained everything to Aph, who was very pissed, but I convinced her to stay calm instead of going up to kill Dante. Thankfully, she managed to accept that Dante didn't want to hurt anyone. As she stood up, she bopped my head before helping me up. We rejoined Aaron and Garroth.

"No more hiding things!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, tell that to Dante," I retorted. "Also your boyfriend and Garroth! I just happened to get caught knowing the secret."

Aaron shook his head. "I was planning on telling Aph if it had gone on any longer. I just had some faith in Dante."

"Uh-huh, sure. I totally believe that. I only found out about this stuff yesterday, but you two have clearly known longer!" I protested. "Oh well, are we watching anything or not?"

Garroth shrugged. "We were watching, but then we got distracted by your conversation with Gene."

What does someone have to do to get some privacy! "On second thought, maybe I'll go to sleep and not hang around eavesdroppers."
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: I'm fr just trying to figure out where Travis, Aph, and Y/n are sleeping because it appears the rooms only have a double bed and a couch? Also, why are there so few rooms at the place they're staying at? If I'm thinking correctly- Room 1: Kawaii~chan + Lucinda, Room 2: Dante + Zane, Room 3: Katelyn (+ Aph + Y/n when she's not sick), then... Aaron and Garroth are stuck in the living room. From the outside, the place looks decently big. Are there extra rooms that Garroth and Aaron just aren't interested in using? If so, why? It's been 5 years since I've completely watched through Love~Love Paradise, so am I forgetting something? Why am I thinking so deeply about this???

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2K 7 19
Since freshman year,y/n has been friends with Sasha, up until junior year,y/n didn't talk to Zenix and Gene much. In senior year,y/n and Gene begins...
94.3K 2.8K 77
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE IDEATION SUICIDE ATTEMPTS MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT TORTURE ABUSE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUA...
71.8K 1.6K 33
-Completed- WARNING! Includes mention of suicidal thoughts and self harm! If you are going through hard times please talk to someone (you can message...
32K 1K 26
SEQUEL TO GENE X READER: BAD LOVE Before Gene left From highschool You and him promised to be together in the future. Years later you guys finally se...