The Mark of the Silon

By Issybeee

Sang has always felt a little missing. After her dad died, the boys have taken her in but she has felt there... More

1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14

Part 8

803 74 1
By Issybeee

For this part, I originally had this being 2 separate parts but I decided to merge them. Basically, I rolled two updates to one!

Part 8a

I had taken a quick shower to get all of the chlorine out of my hair and off my skin. It also felt good to have a shower in the day, refreshing somehow. I wrapped a towel round myself and unlocked the door; it was really good to have an ensuite especially round all of these boys. Picking an outfit I quickly got dressed and began brushing my hair. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called, expecting it to be Gabe to fix my hair as he always does. I really do love it when he makes my hair beautiful because the boys like playing it and that makes me become a purring cat.

"Hey Peanut." Nathan entered, I was a little surprised but he looked a little sad, I silently asked if he was okay, his eyes allowing more emotion through them today. He smiled when he met my eyes but I questioned how deep that was.

"Are you okay?" I asked continuing with drying my hair. He came up behind me and took the hairdryer from my hands.

"Is it okay if I do your hair today?" he asked tentatively. I nodded at him but was asking if he knew what he was doing. Trust. I needed to trust him. He made quick work of drying my hair. He sat me down and started doing a long loose French braid in my hair, he was doing really well.

"Sang, there's something I haven't told you. And I know I've known you for 2 years but we have only been, this close, recently." He told me and I saw his hands began shaking.

"Don't worry Honey. It's fine that you haven't told me everything because I either know you will come to me when the time comes or I should not hear it. I respect and care for you in any case and what you will or won't say to me will not change that opinion." When I first met Nathan, although he wasn't abused physically or mentally, his father was never there and he really struggled to depend on people. He had been left very lonely and I don't think knew how to deal with people caring for him. When he was ready he would talk to me and I would always encourage that.

He paused my hair style and I stood up, making the braid fall out but I didn't care. Tears were welling up in his eyes and he needed a hug more than I needed my hair doing. I went on my tip toes and slipped my arms around his neck, slightly bending him over. He buried his head on my shoulder and I gently stroked his back for a few minutes. We stayed silent and I felt him breathing heavy, neither of us needed to speak because we had each other.

I closed my eyes and I felt the world shift around us, we were in a quiet park in Paris. I knew this because Nathan's worldly gift is to fly anywhere within seconds and this was his favourite place to talk. I was always amazed by his gift and felt so lucky he was willing to share it with me.

I pulled away from him, taking my hands and wiping the stray tears on his cheeks away. I held his face in my hands and kissed him gently on the forehead before taking a step back. He straightened up and smiled at me. I held out my hand and once he placed his giant palm next to mine, led him to our favourite bench.

"Peanut! I'm gonna have to start again." He half chuckled and I giggled. I turned around so he could start again.

"I never knew you could do hair." I talked to him smiling as this was something I could do later with him.

"That's what I want to talk to you about." He took a deep breath. "Sang, I had a younger sister. She was only 16 months younger than us. " I smiled in joy before realising what he said.

"What do you mean 'had'?" I asked.

"Well, she died 3 years ago today. I'll tell you the story one day." He said, concentrating hard on my hair.

"Honey, I am so sorry. I know how hard for you that is and especially as it's the anniversary today. I reached behind me, putting a hand on his knee and stroking it gently.

"It's the reason I moved here, and that's when I met you. So something good did come out of it I guess. I'm done you can turn around now." I span around in the bench and saw how well he was coping with everything we were talking about. I smiled at him gently seeing a small glint in his eyes. "Would you like to see her?" I nodded as he got out his wallet. He brought out a square piece of photo paper, handing it to me.

I unfolded it to see, who must have been Nathan, next to a stunning woman with a younger and just as beautiful girl in between them. She had ginger hair still but was a lot darker than Nathans. She had bright green eyes and a few freckles around her nose. The minimalist make up complimented her looks perfectly and she was absolutely stunning.

"Wow, she is so pretty." I told him softly, looking up and seeing he felt the same. He just nodded and placed the photo carefully back in his wallet. I crawled under his arm and we sat on the bench in silence, taking in the blissful view.

"Say something in French." I asked him gently. His worldly power is to know a lot of languages, French being one of them.

"Vous êtes la personne la plus incroyable et magnifique que je ai jamais rencontré et ma sœur auriez-vous aimé." He whispered into my ear.

"Will you tell me what that means?"

"One day." I giggled softly.

"As much as I would like to stay, we have a meeting to go to and I want to see how well you did my hair." Now it was his turn to laugh. We were back in my bedroom within seconds and I leapt to the full length mirror; he had done a really good job.

"I LOVE IT!" I squealed in delight and jumped into his arms, he span us around a little and I held him tightly. Once he put me down I got hold of his hand and headed towards the door.

"Oh, one thing Sang, could you not tell the boys I did your hair? It can be just between you and me."

"Okay, but we better get downstairs before they start the family meeting without us."

* Vous êtes la personne la plus incroyable et magnifique que je ai jamais rencontré et ma sœur auriez-vous aimé= You are the most amazing and beautiful person I have ever met and my sister would have loved you.* (Google Translate)

Part 8b

I walked into the large dining room we had. There were 10 seats, some of the guys were seated in our places but others must've still been out. The guys were happily chatting away with each other as Nathan and I entered further into the room. Suddenly a large gasp came from one of them which caused the others to quickly fall silent.

"TROUBLE! I love what you've done with your hair!" Gabe said, motioning me to come to him. I blushed and looked at Nathan who smiled as he sat next to Kota.

"Hello Meanie. How was school?" I asked giving him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek.

"It was hell, as usual. I still don't see why you couldn't come to my school instead." He whined and giggled.

"Because North is terrifying enough to scare anyone we don't like away." I whispered softly to him as he released me from the hug.

"Sweeeeeetieeeeee! Can I have a proper welcome now?" Dr Sean said throwing his arms out.

"Ooh, I don't know. You did give me to Owen to throw in the pool..." I turned to the side slightly.

"Oh please, it was only because you ate all the ice-cream..."

"YOU ATE ALL THE ICE-CREAM??" Luke shouted in mock-horror. I giggled and rolled my eyes at him a little.

"See? I'm not the only one upset about this matter." Sean said, still holding out his arms. I folded mine and turned to the side slightly. "Pwease?" my mistake was that I looked at him. He had the saddest eyes I had ever seen on him and I soon relented. He squeezed me gently.

"Was work okay today?" I asked. His worldly power was medicine so it was clear he could become a doctor, especially as his gift allowed him to give or drain energy from other lifeforms.

"It was okay, I didn't have to give anyone extra energy so that was good." I lifted his arm so I could see his tattoo. His was special because it could move. He was a stethoscope and in either side were two bars which indicated how much energy he had given or used and how much he had taken. Currently, he had used a lot of energy but he wasn't too low on the other bar. I brushed over with my thumb as I gave him a little more energy. He smiled gratefully at me and I let go of his hand. I moved over to where Silas was sat and placed wrapped my arms his chest from behind. From the fact he didn't flinch I would have suspected he knew I was coming.

"Hello Aggle." He said in his very sexy voice. It was even deeper because he currently had a cold, which I was very much enjoying.

"I love it when you have a cold." I told him softly.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" He asked teasingly.

"Not because you're ill." I said quickly, great now he thinks it's because of that. "You're voice goes really deep." I said blushing. Before he could reply, which I knew he would have said something to deepen my already crimson cheeks, Uncle and North walked through the door.

"Finally!" Gabe cried and we all took our seats. I was always situated between Owen and Uncle so the boys pay a little more attention. I sat down as North handed me a piece of paper. I opened it up to see Victors number on it. I smiled at him and he returned it, sitting in his own seat.

"Okay, so this meeting has officially begun." Uncle said. "Although, I'm not your group leader, nor a Silon, I did request a few important topics that have cropped up recently. Firstly, we have some information regarding the death of Sang's dad, Michael Sorenson." I saw the all of the guys look up at me; I was just staring at the desk. I felt the hand from Uncle rest on my shoulder, as I nodded for him to continue.

"We have reason to believe that the crash he was involved in may have been intentional. The body must have been tampered with because there were subtle signs which showed he can't have been driving the car at the time." None of the guys made a sound but kept looking at me. In turn, I looked at them individually trying to convey that I was fine even though I wasn't.

"Do any of you know what Mr Sorenson's gift was?" Owen asked.

"He had a gift for memories didn't he?" Kota recalled.

"He was able to remember any memory he had." I interrupted. "He could also see other people's memories."

"There was one part that he didn't want to mention to very many people. Only revealed it to Sang and I." Uncle continued. "He had a partial sight for the future. He couldn't see clearly and was, in a way, a recollection of a memory, just one that hasn't happened yet." I could tell by the way the air shifted in the air that the boys were shocked, I didn't have to look at any of them.

"Are you saying that his gift might be the reason he died?" I asked quietly.

"Unfortunately, Sang I think it's true. He probably saw something he shouldn't past or future. I'm sorry Sang; this is big news for you to take in at the minute, especially at how soon it is." Uncle gave me a sympathetic hug.

"It's okay, I think I have gotten over the initial shock of it all earlier on. Could we just continue the meeting please?" I asked- I didn't want to get into about how he died because I didn't want to cry again.

"Of course. Does anyone have anything to report from their schools recently?" Owen asked the team. We were paired up in different schools from each other. It meant we could find more of us quicker and get them help if they need it.

"Nathan and my school is functioning normally. A few fights this week but nothing out of the ordinary." Silas replied, they were at one of the toughest schools around.
"Same here." Muttered Gabe. Him and Luke went to one of the better established schools in the area; goodness knows what trouble they get into there. Kota shook his head at the private school he went to, he normally didn't have much to report because it was a good school, hence him being the only one to go there.

"I actually have something." I spoke out and immediately turned to face me, even North. "I think I found the last person in our family. His name is Victor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.5K 36
After making a tough and final decision to leave home where family clearly didn't want her, Sang meets Phil and is joined into the academy very quick...
178K 9.5K 20
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, I don't know what I'm talking about. This is a ghost bird Fanfiction Sang is four credits away from becoming a doctor...
48.1K 3K 16
Sang is a popular girl who is about to graduate. A terrible accident changes her life forever. She meets 9 beautiful guys who help her through everyt...
75.7K 6.8K 36
Sang left 6 years ago after finding out that all the boys were in love with her. They had told her she had to "love them all or lose them all." The p...