Race To Her

By inkandanalysis

Get ready to experience the adrenaline-fueled double life of Elisha Mikazuki Greil, the owner of a quaint cof... More

Author's Note
I. A Year And A Half
II. Midnight
III. Mina
IV. One Step At A Time
V. Justin
VI. Again
VII. Uncle Nick
VIII. Almost
IX. Danger
X. Meeting Them
XI. Nuisance
XII. Jealousy, Jealousy
XIII. Party I
XIV. Party II
XV. Message
XVI. Two More
XVII. Truth
XVIII. Caught
XIX. Pain
XX. Stray
XXI. Acquaintance
XXII. Jackson
XXIII. Glimpse
XXIV. Reunite
XXV. Attempt
XXVI. Back To Them
XXVII. Dream
XXVIII. Escape
XXIX. Story I
XXX. Story II
XXXI. Tranquility
XXXIII. End
Extra
Author's Note

XXXII. Madness

1.4K 43 26
By inkandanalysis

Warning: This chapter contains uncomfortable events that may not be suitable to some readers. Read at your own risk.

Everyone was laughing as we were now heading back, smiles plastered on each of their faces. Nat was driving, Tony calling the shotgun seat, and the rest of us sitting on the back.

Furrowing my eyebrows, noticing Nat frequently glances at the rear view. "What's wrong?" I asked, causing everyone to look at me.

"Nothing." Tony replied, raising my eyebrow at him, Steve and Thor who's sitting beside me, smiled. 

"What are you talking about?" Thor asked, looking at me confusingly.

Ignoring him, eyes still fixated on Tony and Nat, Peter placed a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, Eli. It's okay. Everything is okay." He mumbled, softly. As fear slowly creeps inside me, a feeling of uneasiness begins to reside.

"Nat, what's..." Steve turned his body towards me, something hit our car.

"Shit." Nat muttered.

"We're being followed." I mumbled as realization hit me. Another hit happened, groaning as Steve and Thor protectively secured me between them.

Nat focused on driving, bullets showered our vehicle, glasses began to break, my eyes widened seeing three more cars appeared. They begin attacking us, Tony wearing his Iron Man hand armor, Clint and Loki throwing attacks back at them.

A car exploded, my eyes found Bruce as he tightly clenched his fist doing his best to control his anger. Hissing in pain, a bullet penetrates my shoulders, biting my lips hard as they continue to ambush us. Nat swiveled the car, avoiding it to crash and further damage. The car came to a stop, taking a deep breath, two cars parked in front of us, blocking any exit ways for us to escape.

"Stay in here, Eli. Don't ever go outside." Tony commanded, now wearing his suit, Steve grabbed his shield, Thor grabbed his hammer, Clint with his bow and arrow, Nat with her guns, Peter in his suit, and Loki also in his armor.

"Stay here with Eli, Bruce. Stay calm." Steve said, Bruce nodded his head and placed a quick kiss on my forehead, following them with my eyes, they protectively stood in front of the car.

Squinting my eyes, they seem to be talking to them, the next thing I know, they were already fighting, groaning as I looked at my bleeding shoulder, hearing a tearing sound. 

Bruce held a piece of cloth in his hands, wrapping it around my shoulder, "Everything is going to be okay." He mumbled, grabbing his trembling hands.

"Look at me, Bruce." I said, he immediately obeyed as our eyes locked, placing a hand on his face, "No one will hurt any of you. I promise." I added, nodding his head. Screaming as the door opened, a familiar face greeted us.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled.

"Your soulmates requested a backup, we have to go now." He said, extending his hand to me, looking at him confusingly.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"No time for questions. We have to go. Now." He replied.

"She doesn't want to go with you." Bruce said, his voice changing.

"Then, I just have to take her forcibly." He replied and shot Bruce with what seemed like a tranquilizer, seeing he was immediately knocked out. 

Anger instantly surges within me, "What the fuck did you do?" I asked, gasping feeling something prick my thigh.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and everything went black.

"She's awake." A voice of a man announced, moaning as my body was all sore, noticing my arms and legs tied by leather straps, lifting my head up, shutting my eyes as the bright light hit my vision. Smelling the familiar disinfectant and chemicals, I knew that they successfully got me. Again. 

A laugh echoed inside the room, quickly opening my eyes, seeing my very alive father marching towards me, a wide smile plastered on his face. Extending his hand, gently caressing my face with the back of his hand, reaching for my hair, sniffling and kissing it with such emotions.

"I missed you so much." He mumbled, removing the gag on my mouth.

"I thought you're already dead." I said, seething with anger, a slap resonated inside the room, my cheek stinging from the contact. 

"Oh, you shouldn't say such things to your father." He mumbled, voice softens.

Looking at him, "I don't have a father like you." I replied, receiving another slap from him.

"That's enough." my breath hitched hearing his voice, "No." I mumbled, our eyes locked, "How could you." I whispered, tears started to form in my eyes.

Justin walked towards me, "No questions." He replied, kissing my cheeks.

"Get away from my daughter!" Father yelled, gripping Justin's arm tightly.

Justin looked at him, "You should be thankful to me, old man. I got her here." He answered.

"Stop fighting. Both of you." My body froze seeing who just came in.

"Jennie." I muttered, our eyes locked, she smirked, a chuckle escaping her lips. 

"Hello, Elisha." She said, "Welcome." She added, goosebumps run all over my body.

"How... What..." I mumbled, not believing that I trusted these two people. "I trusted both of you." I added, tears streamed down my cheeks.

"You easily trust anyone. So kind and naïve." Father said, turning my face to look at him.

"What did you do to them?!" I asked, enraged, father laughs.

"Oh, Elisha. What I desire the most is the power inside you. The power that whore gave to you." He replied, "You stole what was supposed to be mine." He added.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied, hearing him chuckle.

"You'll know soon. The preparations are almost complete." He said, looking at Justin and Jennie. "Be a good girl." He added and left. Justin and other scientists followed leaving me with Jennie inside the cold room.

"Why?" I asked, looking at her directly in her eyes.

"I have my own reasons I can't tell you." She replied, "The best thing you can do is follow and give him your powers." She added and left.

Feeling helpless as my strength slowly leaves my body, they now transfer me into a larger room, machines surround a circular platform where two chairs are placed in the center.

"Why don't I give you a gift as my thanks. I'll tell you everything. The truth." Father said, standing and towering in front of me, his shadow looming over me. Forcibly looking at him directly in his eyes, listening to whatever he says.

"First of all, you don't have a disease that will kill you, my dear." He started, furrowing my eyebrows, "What that stupid doctor said about you having only a year and a half to live is all bluff. I meticulously planned everything from you going to the hospital knowing that disease, meeting Justin, everything. Did you really think that you could escape from me?" He added, "I doubt it. You've been obediently my puppet from the beginning. Do you really think that someone like you will live a normal life?... Oh, you poor sweetling." He continued,

"Unconsciously walking towards the trap yourself. The one thing that was not on the plan was meeting your soulmates, should've killed them the moment I knew who they were." mumbling the last words but loud enough for me to give him a glare.

"Don't touch them." I warned, giving him a stare, a maniacal laugh escapes from him.

"I will, the moment that powers of yours will be mine." He replied, grinning at me widely, leaning forward.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled angrily, gritting my teeth.

"Oh, don't worry I will let you watch the show. How I kill them slowly and painfully in front of you." He countered, "Do you want to hear another story? About how did you get that power?" He asked, looking at him confusingly hearing him chuckle.

"Ah, you really don't know anything except the lies that your mother has been feeding you. I'm not your real father." He said.

"Wh-what? How?" I muttered, unbelievingly.

"HYDRA have been searching for an ancient power for a long time. A power where you can be practically immortal. I was leading the search when I met your mother, turns out she was a carrier of that magic. In her blood that power lies dormant." He said,

"Eager to have my hands on her, to get the power. I did everything I did to woo and make her mine. But she was a stubborn bitch, no matter what I did she won't give in." He added.

"You're not her soulmate..." I whispered, earning a smirk from him.

"No, my dear. I'm not." He answered, smiling at me widely.

"I followed her everyday, every night just to get her, until one day I saw a man. Oh, he was handsome. You have his eyes." He continued, lifting his hands and went to grab something from his eyes, my breath hitched seeing he was only wearing contacts.

His pale green eyes staring directly at me, at my soul, "He was tall, tan skin, smooth jet black hair, heart-shaped face, upturned eyes, long downcast eyelashes, thick eyebrows, and thin lips. Turns out she already met his soulmate, your real father." He said, hardly swallowing the lump forming on my throat.

"Ah, he was a handsome young man. Unfortunately, I don't want any hindrances coming in my way, so I did the only thing to him." He continued, tears streaming down my cheeks, "By. Killing. Him." He added, emphasizing each word.

Bowing my head letting the tears drip on my bare legs, "What was his name again? Oh, was it Ethan? No. Jian? Joey? Noel? No..." He continued saying names, "Ah! Gilbert! Yes. That was his name." He said, smiling at me.

"I remember how he screamed for mercy as I slowly tortured and skinned him alive, took his eyes, nose, lips, and tongue placing it inside a jar and giving it to your mother afterwards. Letting the pigs eat his remaining body while he is still alive and breathing. Letting him bleed to death." feeling a bile rising in my throat at what I'm hearing.

"Your mother mourned and I was there for her. That bitch still won't bulge so I took it my way, how she deliciously trembles underneath me and my hands roaming and feeling her smooth porcelain skin while I take her in every possible way I could. Oh... I love the way she cries and begs for me to stop, such music to my ears every time she begs." my body trembled with anger, listening to what he's saying.

"I still vividly remember her scared face, her beaten body - blue and violet bruises decorating her delicate body. Her salty tears... I didn't stop, I was never satisfied with her, so every night I got to taste every inch of her body." He said, chuckling hearing a slurping sound from him.

"Oh... how I miss the taste of her body. Turns out that bitch already awakens her power without telling me and she was already pregnant from that bastard. I remember how she stupidly tried to escape from me, the sound of the whip hitting her back and her cries excites me. The smell of blood dripping on the floor." He added, looking up seeing how his pupils dilated, lust filled his eyes.

"She successfully gave birth to both of you. I was too late to know that she had already awakened her power and gave it to one of you. I suspected it was Mina at first as she was the successful experiment. But, I was wrong, it was you all along. How every experiment fails, turns out that power is protecting you. The power that I craved to have is inside your body, inside your blood." He said, caressing my body with his rough calloused hands, my body shivered with disgust at the contact.

"And now I am going to take it where it fully belongs to." He continued, grinning at me.

"Did you kill her?" I mumbled.

"Why, of course, yes! She no longer has the power! She no longer has a use to me, if only she did give me the power from the beginning. You're not sitting there and she's probably still alive." He proudly replied.

"How dare you... You killed my parents..." I whispered, tears continued to stream down my cheeks.

"Now, you know the truth, my dear. It is time for you to give what is supposed to be mine." He said, gripping tightly my jaw and tilting upwards letting me face him.

Placing a kiss on my lips, feeling his tongue run along my lips, my body froze at what he did, "You have her beauty." He whispered, feeling his breath on my face, his thumb caressing my lips, "I won't mind accepting damaged goods as long as it is you, my dear." He added, placing another kiss on my lips, cheek, jaw, and neck.

"It won't be hard to love me once those bastards die. You don't need them, you just have to say the word and you will live." He continued, a tear escaping, my body shivered as his tongue followed my fallen tear.

"Don't ever touch them. You won't have this power over my dead body." I replied, looking at him directly in his eyes, earning a slap from him, tasting blood from my lips, hissing as he grips my hair, yanking it to face him.

"Then you leave me with no choice." He muttered, "I will get what I want." He added and harshly let go of my hair, "Begin the transmission." He commanded.

Lazily lifting my head up, my eyes found Justin, our eyes locked, seeing different emotions swirling in his eyes, anger, sympathy, hurt, and guilt. Averting my eyes away from him, seeing Jennie approaches me holding a syringe on her gloved hands.

"I was wrong in believing both of you." I murmured, seeing how she obviously flinched at what I said, "Did you enjoy laughing behind my back seeing how pathetic I am?" I added, looking at her.

Her eyes glistened with hurt and guilt, "Go on. You've already successfully deceived me. Good job, Jennie." I continued, turning away from her, feeling something prick my arm.

I guess this is truly where I will die without seeing my soulmates one last time, without telling them how much I love them, without feeling their touch and warmth for the last time.

A tear slid down my cheeks, as their faces flashed on my mind, their smiles, laughter, every moment and memories we've shared, everything about them crashing my mind like waves hitting the shore.

I love you all.

Feeling my power resurfaced, father sitting on the other chair, hands and legs tied with a leather strip similar to mine, one of the scientists pulled the lever down.

Screaming at the top of my lungs as an intense pain shot all over my body, eyes wide and mouth parted. Clenching my fist, feeling my soul being ripped out of my body. "More! Give me more! Give everything to me!" Father yelled.

Writhing in pain, my temperature drastically increases, feeling my body as if it was lit with fire, my mind splitting into two, and my power slowly slips away.

Giving one last scream, lifelessly bowing my head, silently wailing with betrayal and hurt. The room went silent enough that you could hear a pin drop.

A maniacal laugh erupted, creepily echoing the four corners of the room, "Finally!" Father said, "The power that rightfully belongs to me." He added, my body was sore all over, blue and violet bruises began to appear on my arm and legs.

Coughing seeing blood dripping from my mouth to my legs and on the ground, my vision begins to blur. Conjuring my remaining strength looking up, seeing father looking at me with a wide grin on his lips.

"You will never win." I mumbled.

"I already did." He replied, smirking at me maliciously. Blue veins started to appear on his body and his eyes from pale green to electric blue. Our eyes locked, screaming, feeling a severe pain over my body, seconds later, the pain disappeared, breathless as father laughed.

"Your powers are now mine." He added, slowly leaned towards my ear, "And I will kill your soulmates including Mina with this." He continued, placing a kiss on my temple.

"Take her to her cell. The one where even her soulmates will never ever find. She's all mine when I kill those good for nothing wanna be heroes." He ordered.

The bind on my arms and legs long gone, two guards grip both arms dragging me towards the last, coldest, and darkest cell where father used to put me from before.

Hissing as they harshly throw me inside, slowly adjusting my body into fetal position, exhaling a breath.

I hope everyone is safe and okay. Only with that I can happily die.

The lid of my eyes becomes heavy, biting my lip as cold greets me, I immediately let myself welcome the darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 656 52
Steve realized the unusual feeling he had when he's near Natasha. "Is it true that my heart belongs to her now?" Steve keep asking himself, doubting...
6.4K 254 22
*He remembers. She doesn't* During Natasha's training, she encounters Enchantress. Whilst on a mission to get Hawkeye back, Romanoff notices someone...
69.8K 2.2K 37
The Universe has it's own way of ensuring that soulmates end up together, written words appear on your skin every morning of the first, or last, sent...
18.9K 539 14
"Weird being back here given the circumstances." I say as I look around. "I don't mind." Steve says as he looks at me. The events in New York have...