Summoning the Five Power Defe...

By jikdot

The Nations of the Five Power Defence Arrangements; the United Kingdom, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Ne... More

Prolouge: First Contact
Chapter 1: Conference Talk and The Outcomes
Chapter 2: Invasion of Qua-Toyne and The Fall of Gim
Chapter 3: Lending a hand
Chapter 4: Against the Eastern Conquest Navy
Chapter 5: FPDA's mobilization
Chapter 6: Saving the elven refugees
Chapter 7: Louria Is Under Attacked by Swordfishes
Chapter 9: Gim's Recapture and Adem's demise
Chapter 10: Situation in Gim
Chapter 11: Bows and Arrows against bolts of Lightning
Chapter 12: No Fate
Chapter 13: Final Assault (Part 1)
*Hiatus Announcement*
Chapter 14: Final Assault (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Corollary
Chapter 16: Refurbishment of the Forgotten Weapons
Chapter 17: The Lions against The Lucifers (Part 1)
Chapter 18: The Lions against The Lucifers (Part 2)
Chapter 19: Fenn Kingdom's Open Sea Battle
Chapter 20: Assault on Altaras
Chapter 21: The Great Eastern Conference and The Federation of Mu
Chapter 22: The Imperial Conference of the Parpaldia Empire
Chapter 23: Diplomacy

Chapter 8: Qua-Toyne's Emergency Meeting

872 31 10
By jikdot

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 8. Government Council Hall, Lotus Garden, Qua-Toyne Principality

After the Battle of Ejei ended two days ago, the Qua-Toyne Principality held an emergency senate session. Those who attended included Mr Yagou, Officer Breweye, and General Nou. They are here to discuss the progress made by FPDA's IFOR units.

Many of them reported on the outstanding performance of the FPDA troops against the Lourian attack. Even when there were witnesses who were well-informed about the five nations, the unbelievable outcomes of the battle still sent the Senate into chaos.

"That's all I can conclude the report on the Battle of Ejei between the FPDA and the Lourian Army, Mr Prime Minister," said Nou to Kanata as he reported to him in the form of a scroll.

"All right, General. Let me see," said Kanata. As he opened the scroll and read the report, he overheard the chatters of the rest of Qua-Toyne's ministers.

"Can you believe it? They, the FPDA, managed to annihilate 40,000 Lourian armies just in several minutes without any causalities on their side,"

"There are some testimonies stating that there are trails of smoke that appeared continuously at the base of the FPDA near the Daital Plain. They said that it was done by the Singapore 'Aa-ti-luh-ree',"

"Does that mean the FPDA do possess magical weapons or some sort?"

"Have the FPDA said anything about it yet?"

"I heard that the battlefield looks like a hellish landscape,"

"Aren't their deeds similar to the ones mentioned in the legends of The Mythical Warriors!?"

"It looks like they can't disclose the details about the attack,"

Realizing that the meeting was about to turn noisy because of what they found and thought based on reports from the FPDA army's success in defeating Louria's army during the battle of Ejei, Kanata raised his voice to end their conversation.

"Folks! Please lower all of your voices! The meeting is about to start," said Kanata.

Everyone started to lower their voices as the Prime Minister of Qua-Toyne Principality was about to begin his speech.

"As we all know, since the involvement of the Five Power Defence Arrangements in this conflict, better known as FPDA by us all, one by one success they have managed to embrace opposing our enemy, namely the Louria Kingdom, under the leadership of Hark Louria XXXIV who wishes to decimate and commit genocide on all demi-human in Rodenius and build a human supremacist continent," said Kanata as he began his speech.

Just hearing the word 'Hark Louria XXXIV" made the ministers' faces turn red in anger because of how they hated his decision. Even so, they decided to put on a calm face and listen to Kanata's speech.

"Among the successes embraced by the FPDA includes their victory against the Lourian Eastern Conquest Navy. Can all of you folks imagine it? 4,400 Lourian ships, got repelled by only three ships; one from Malaysia, another one from the British, and the third one from the Aussies. That doesn't even include the ones they managed to capture Vice-Admiral Sharkun of the Lourian Navy,"

Everyone inside the meeting widened their eyes when they heard that.

"Is it true, Officer Breweye? The FPDA manage to detain Vice-Admiral Sharkun?" a Minister asked Breweye.

"Yes, they did. I'm also shocked to find it," said Breweye.

"Next, was the elven refugees from a village called Alfur. They lived 10 km east of the Fortress City Ejei, meaning they lived in a remote area. When they heard the news about what had happened at Gim, they quickly packed up their things and started to leave, only for them to encounter the Louria Hawk Knight's 15th Cavalry under Captain Red-Eyed Jove. Too bad the FPDA's reconnaissance units arrived and repelled those bloody Lourians away. And lastly... the Battle of Ejei. According to what I've got from General Nou, the FPDA stationed near the Daital Plains didn't move even for an inch, but amazingly, the 40,000 Lourian troops located 5 km west of the Fortress City Ejei got themselves pulverized into death and explosions," said Kanata.

The Prime Minister decided to sit down and take a sip of water before he continued his speech.

"Do all of you folks realize why did I mention all of this?" asked Kanata.

Many of the people in the meeting there had their faces turned pale as they thought that Kanata might be going to criticize them for not being effective in their duty. However, instead of that, they got another response.

"Just today, the government of the United Kingdom and Singapore, have sent us a proposal. It turned out to be a plan to recapture Gim," said Kanata.

Then, a man distributed several handouts on high-quality paper, imported cheaply from Singapore, which were passed out to all the legislators. Their reaction was speechless.

"According to their proposal, the 142 Squadron of the RSAF will scramble their gryphons from their base in Daital Plains to give close air support onto the Lourian's position before it will be followed by an armoured assault led by Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo of The Royal Tank Regiment. They also requested the deployment of our ground troops and attack the Lourian forces together," said Kanata.

The Prime Minister paused for a while, straightened his shoulders and went on.

"In case the attack is a success... they will leave Gim to be guarded in our hands and proceed to launch another assault on the Louria's capital by themselves. Their objective is to capture King Hark Louria XXXIV on the charges of mass murder that happened in Gim. So... my beloved Qua-Toynian friends... what are your decisions?" asked Kanata after he finished his speech.

There was complete silence in the meeting before an uproar followed it. Everyone started asking questions.

"Isn't this an acceptable plan? Shall we have nothing to lose,"

"Since the FPDA wanted to do this by themselves..."

"Would there be no demerits for us all?"

"Well... at this point, we can only rely on the FPDA, right?"

After a couple of hours of debate, the legislators unanimously approved the FPDA's request to launch a full-scale assault on both Gim and the Louria Kingdom itself via land, air and sea.

.

.

.
Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 8. Daital Plains, Qua-Toyne Principality

Near the motor pools of the FPDA's base, where military vehicles especially the Challenger 2 tanks were located, a 44-year-old but handsome British man with deep-set, hazel eyes, and dark brown hair that is clipped short. He has a noticeable scar on his forehead. He has a tall and slender build.

This man is none other than Lieutenant Cro Atonoishimo of The Royal Tank Regiment, and he was sitting on top of the turret of his Challenger 2 'Black Night' tank, named by him as 'The Indestructible One'.

He completely ignored the heat of the sun; though it wasn't hot at all, as he was writing a letter to his twin daughters; Anna and Annie. The letter he wrote reads:

"To my dearest Anna and Annie,

As you already know, your father's currently stationed near the not-so-scorching flatland of the Daital Plains. I can tell you why because the weather here is no different from Bovington. How are Grandma and Grandpa doing? How about my two sis Delta and Blue? Are they still angry with me because I rickrolled them? How are your Uncle Charlie and Echo doing with their workshops? You two girls' Mama's doing fine here. How about your studies, Anna and Annie? If you do well in your exam, I promise to myself to bring all of you here [Qua-Toyne Principality].

Ever since the great transference of FPDA, both of you always talked a lot about elves this and elves that. Coincidentally, I met with these two elven kids, who turned out to be escapists from a remote village called Alfur, and their names are Parun and Asha. I told the two about both of you and asked them whether they were interested in meeting you two; they did.

(I forgot to switch off the flash mode of my camera. The result was that they were shocked)

It was a stroke of luck for me to meet both of them or else if it wasn't because of FPDA's reconnaissance units, they wouldn't make it out alive as these two, together with the rest of their neighbours and friends were about to get slaughtered alive by a Lourian Cavalry unit. I think I might go too far in telling this, but I guessed you know what I'm talking about.

I think this is all I can write. After this, there will be a briefing meeting for the next military operation. Hopefully, after this operation is over, Ma and Pa will come home.

Your beloved father,

Cro

After writing the letter, Cro put it in an envelope addressed to the Atonoishimo's residency. He then got down from his tank called up a soldier and handed over the envelope.

"Please send this to my family," said Cro as he gave him the letter after he saluted him.

"Yes, Lieutenant," the soldier said before he saluted Cro back and went off.

Right after the soldier moved out of his sight, Cro decided to look at his watch, it reads 10:30 a.m., meaning that the briefing meeting was just about to start in 5 more minutes.

"Bloody hell! Five more minutes! I better hurry!" said Cro as he quickly sprinted for the meeting room.

.

.

War room, Daital Plains, Qua-Toyne Principality

By the time Cro arrived there, he could see many of his comrades were all in their respective seats and busy discussing tomorrow's assault to recapture Gim. The war room is such a large space with situation maps of the Qua-Toyne Principality and the Louria Kingdom projected on the screen. Cro took a seat and sat down next to Sergeant Oscar Gerrykins, who was his best friend and the gunner of 'The Indestructible One' as well.

"Did I miss anything, Oscar?" asked Cro.

"No, not at all, Lieutenant. You come at the right time," said Oscar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 50 9
A Fanfiction of 'Through looking Glass' (Sequel to the 'New World Order') by Peaceinourtime1938. After a Grueling War against the Abyss during the ab...
44.3K 1.2K 18
The fall of Afghanistan and the situation within the pacific has the United States begun to loosen its grip on the coalitions they once established...
66.6K 2.1K 65
13 June 1987. Tension started to ease between the USSR and the United States; everything was going smoothly until a flash of lights engulfed the two...
3.2K 85 4
The State of Japan is transported to the world of The Dragon Prince. The Land of the Rising Sun is about to welcome the new year 2027. But when the c...