His last laugh (the joker fan...

By DCfreakxox

Evangeline Striker. 25 years old. Has a PHD in psychology, and is a current Dr. at the Arkham Asylum. What ha... More

Early Mornings
Phone Calls
Fire
Wounds
Give some, Take the most.
Sometimes the truth comes out
Tormented Souls
Nightmares
Jokes , Pasts, and Scars.
Shattered
Kiss me
Cold
Smoke and weaknesses
Signs
A little run in with Batsie
Gone
Riddle me this!
Anger
Escape
Gathering information
Bruce.
Presistence
Back
Tolerence
Jealousy and Messages
Date?
Hills & Dreams
People Talk
What do you fear?
Did ya miss me?!
Betrayal
Back
Unexpected Force
Prisoner
Hear Me Out
Connections
I know you care
Angel?
A/N!!

Something different

7.2K 276 44
By DCfreakxox

~ Chapter 36 ~

 I watched the back of his head as he entered his room and shut the door. I stood there for a few seconds until a drop of blood dripped onto my shirt from the gash next to my lower lip. I brought my fingers out to the wound and flinched.

 I looked around, not knowing where the bathroom was, and went to the kitchen's sink. I ran the water and rinsed my mouth before spitting back the water. I went to the fridge and grabbed some alcohol and soaked a tissue with it before bringing it to my wound. I grunted at the sting I felt as they made contact. I threw away the tissues and rinsed it again.

"There's a disinfectant in the cupboard." I jumped as Jack came up behind me.

"God. You frightened me." I spoke as he quietly went to the fridge.

I turned to him he had no paint on and was in a black shirt. He must've noticed me staring and spoke.

"At this point I don't care what you see." He sighed as he closed the fridge and leaned on the island.

"The Joker losing his spark? I might just run and write about it on my blog." I joked.

"Not a chance." He said giving me a half smile.

I dabbed my wound dry try not to add more pressure on it.

"Here." He said opening the cupboard and grabbing a bandage.

"Thanks." I half said.

"You should have some rest, your eyes are bloodshot." He remarked.

"I'll try." I spoke before things went silent.

"I'm sorry." I said before hugging him, he remained stiff then patted my shoulder with one hand and I let go of him and left to the room.

I sat in bed and stared at the wall. The last time I slept was for 2 hours and that was 3 days ago. I'm beyond exhausted but I know rest isn't gonna come to me tonight. I can't help but think about how Jack reacts around me now.

He isn't the same and god knows if he ever will be. 

~

I was running. I felt the adrenaline push it's way through my body as my heart rate picked up. I went faster and faster, my feet barely touching the ground. Fear, was all I felt. Didn't matter from what or who but I was running, I had to.

The ground shifted and I stopped at the edge of a building. I looked behind me and a figure was crawling out of the darkness. As it came closer somewhere in my absent mind I recognized it. I looked back over the edge and panicked. I can't jump.

The figure came closer and I felt trapped. Jumping wasn't an option. It was like being backed up against a wall. The next thing I knew I was tied up to a chair and the figure approached me. It drove a knife to my chest as darkness took over.

~

I shot up and coughed. I must've fallen asleep. I tried to maintain my heart rate as I ran my fingers through my hair. I was having a nightmare. But this one wasn't because of Jack. It was a constant reminder of my fear weighing me down. I've had this for as long as I could remember. The running, the rooftop, the man with the face I could never make out. 

I felt my body shake as I felt scared in the dark room. I stood up and grabbed a pillow before walking outside. I opened the door and rubbed my eyes adjusting to the light. I saw Jack laying on the sofa. He turned his head to me as I slightly backed away.

" Hey, you need something?" He asked.

"Um no." I stuttered.

"Are you okay?" He said fully turning to me.

"No I just had a nightmare, I couldn't sleep in the dark." I admit.

"Come here it's fine." He said and I approached him.

He sat up and opened his arms and I hugged him. I closed my eyes as he rubbed my back. I missed his scent.

"It's okay." He said before I left his arms.

I sat next to him as he watched tv. I noticed he also had his pillow with him. Could he not sleep? I extended my legs on the L of the couch and next thing I knew I was sleeping.

I woke up against a strong body. I looked down and Jack had his arms around me and was sleeping. I smiled at his hands before moving out of them. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water. By the time I turned around Jack was sitting up with his palm against his eye.

" Hey." I smiled.

"What happened?" He rasped.

"Nothing you fell asleep, don't worry I didn't rape you." I joked.

"I'm sure you didn't, sorry if I suffocated you yesterday." He rolled his eyes and walked over to me.

"It's okay..I missed you." I said hugging him when he approached me.

He gave me a small hug but didn't say anything before letting go and moving to the fridge. Something felt weird and I felt hurt. Something's definitely changed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guysssss

I feel sooo bad for leaving you for so long!

I'm so sorry but that may or may not happen again in the following week X_X

It was really hard to accomplish this on my phone so I apologize if there are any format errors.

We are gonna change our ADSL so to do so we have to stop the old one for a week, so if I can't update I'm soo sorry xx

Bare with me x

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter x

What do you think Joker feels rn?

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts x

Hope you're all having a great day x

Much love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 319 17
Emily is obsession with the game Arkham Asylum and tries to write her own fanfiction but she has no luck. After a nightmare she wakes up inside the g...
94K 4K 28
Harleen Quinzel is chosen for an internship a Arkham Asylum and will be dealing with some of the craziest people in the world. One of her patients ta...
188K 4.8K 23
Katie is the daughter of Bruce Wayne and she knows her father is batman. Her mother died when she was young and her father has always been there for...
160K 4.9K 51
News has been going around that there's a new patient checking into Arkham Asylum. Rumour says that it's the most dangerous patient Arkham has ever h...