Money Trees

By phatblackhottie

"Everybody gon' respect the shooter. But the one in front of the gun lives forever." Read to find out! cover... More

cast๐Ÿ’ญ
one
two
three
four
additional cast โ˜๏ธ
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven (filler)
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
thirty
thirtyone
thirtytwo
thirtythree
thirtyfour
thirtyfive
thirtysix
thirtyseven
thirtyeight
thirtynine (filler)
forty
fortyone
fortytwo
fortythree
fortyfour
fortyfive
fortysix
fortyseven
fortyeight
fortynine
fiftyone
fiftytwo
fiftythree
epilogue

fifty

3.1K 227 27
By phatblackhottie

*not edited, excuse mistakes*

Indya Brown
2 Months Later
August 7th
9:34 am

The shower was heard in the background as I finished taking two pregnancy tests.

I washed my hands and before I knew it I was hunched over the toilet throwing up.

Once I finally felt like I was done I stood up flushing the toilet.

Going to look at the results I got interrupted by Jahir suddenly stepping in the bathroom. I quickly threw the tests in my makeup basket by the sink.

"Hey pooh, I thought you left already." I greeted him flushing the toilet.

"Wassup. I did, I just came back to get ready since everything set up already." He said.

I simply nodded my head as I headed to the sink. I brushed my teeth then got in the shower.

I squealed feeling hands touch me. I heard Jahir laugh making me suck my teeth.

"You scary. You knew I was coming in here." He said while I turned to face him wrapping my arms around his neck as he washed me up.

"Whatever. You ready for your big day?" I asked him.

"I am. I feel good about today, everything should go as planned." He said as I started washing him up.

"That's good pooh. I know for sure it's gonna go well and boost business." I said. He nodded licking his lips giving me that look.

"You want some right now, really?" I said shaking my head.

"I want you all the time, you know that." He said before kissing my neck causing me to moan out.

Before I knew it he had me against the wall. To say I was a moaning mess was an understatement.

I just have such a good feeling about today.

Jahir Brown
2:17 pm
📍Eastover Youth Development Center

The event had officially started about 2 hours ago and about every 10 minutes more and more people started to coming in.

We had a registration booth for the center set up. A bounce house, games, food. Local businesses had pop up shops, I mean the whole city was here for something I started.

It felt food and the best part was my family was right beside me.

Some of our big name sponsors was here. Some Miami legends including Trick Daddy and Trina showed up to support. Today just felt good, better than I expected.

I was currently finishing up some news interviews since it was a lot of press here covering the event.

"What you're doing for the Eastover community is amazing. What do you plan on doing next?" The news reporter asked.

"I'm actually gonna announce that in a few minutes so stay tuned." I told her.

"That is great, can't wait to hear about it. We wish nothing but the best for you and this organization." She told me.

I thanked her before going over to the bouncy house where Indya stood outside of it while watching Dime and Erin jump inside.

"Hey, I'm so proud of you! Everything looks great and everybody having a good time." Indya said.

"Thank you. People registering quick too." I told her reaching out for Syn. She handed her to me.

I looked at my daughter as she smiled at me.

"Mookie starting too look like me now that her color came in." Indya said.

"That's fine, Ima have me a mini me too. We still got time to make more." I told her.

"Yeah." She said lowly chuckling.

"E I'll be right back!" Dime said sliding out the bounce house.

"Damn her lil ass got too much energy, finna make my wig slip back." She said tugging her hair.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I said.

"Shut up Breezy." She said flicking me off.

"Hey y'all." My momma greeted coming towards us with my dad not far behind her.

"Hey ma, wassup?" I asked her handing Syn back to Indya.

"You really got the whole neighborhood out. I'm proud of you." She told me. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you and thanks Pops for investing into my business. Couldn't do it without you." I said dapping him up while my mom started a conversation with Indya and Dime

"Anytime. You know how I always say you remind me of myself?" I nodded.

"That's a reason why when it came to the decision during the split I knew you would be straight. You would always look out for yourself and your mother. Not that you needed me less but Amir not built like you. You've always been a survivor and better than I ever could be. I love you son." He said pulling me into a hug.

"I love you too Pops." I said hugging back.

"Y'all all hugging and shit where my hug at?" Amir said walking up with his hands on his hip like somebody momma.

"Nigga watch yo mouth." Pops said mushing Mir in the head before they started slap boxing.

I couldn't help but smile at them.

Today just feels good.

"Mr. Brown, it's time to make the announcement." One of my employees told me.

Everybody slowly gravitated towards where I was with the mic in my hand. My family being in front of the crowd of course. The press scattered around as we were live on the news.

"I just wanna thank everybody for coming out and supporting. Glad we have some positive things going on in the community. Eastover on the news for something better than what we usually hear. I couldn't do it without everybody here today." I said and some people clapped.

"With that being said I'm happy to announce that starting this coming school year the Hailee Brown Fund, named after my daughter Syncere. It will be a $10,000 Scholarship reward given annually to 3 high school seniors who either have the best GPA or overall work ethic." I announced causing everyone to cheer.

"With this scholarship I hope to encourage and motivate the youth to do better in school and if school isn't your thing then do the best in whatever your passion is. This money will be available for anything apprenticeships, community college, trade school, four-years, ju-cos, anything you would like to pursue." I said hearing sirens approach almost mixing in with the applause.

"This will be the first of many things to come from the center and whether it's me up here or somebody else know that the mission is still the same. We want a better life for our children. More opportunities, that's what the Youth Developement Center strives for. So thank y'all again." I said as police started piling into the field.

I looked at and Indya seeing her looking back at the police then at me.

"Freeze!" One of them said causing gasps and murmurs throughout the crowd.

I slowly placed the mic down surrendering as they began walking up to me.

"No no no!" Indya cried out as tears formed in her eyes.

"Jahir Brown you are under arrest for the murder of Jawaun Mills. You have the right to remain silent-." The police started putting me in cuffs.

Indya passed Syncere to her mom before trying to come towards me but Izaiah held her back.

"Calm down Indya, I'm ight." I told her as they continued reading my rights walking me towards the police car.

I took one last look at my family. Indya's face filled with tears. Her parents and siblings consoling her. My momma looking at me shaking her head.

Walking down I looked at my community looking at me in shock. News cameras in my face. It was like something out of a movie.

"Y'all really arresting this man at his own event?" I heard somebody say.

"Fuck 12!" Somebody else yelled.

Continuing looking through the crowd of people as we got closer and closer to the cop car my eyes locked with a familiar face in the crowd.

Alexander Parker looking at me with smirk, like this shit was funny as I got shoved into the back of a police car.

"Better get familiar with these cuffs boy." The officer driving told me before pulling off.

I thought today felt too good to be true.

Indya Brown
10:44 pm
📍The Brown Residence

I laid in bed in a puddle of tears.

We've been preparing for this moment for months but nothing can prepare you for when it actually happens.

Not only did they take the love of my life away, my daughter's father but on one of the best days of his career.

Every local news station was running his story at some point. It was making me cry even more to see it. Not because of criticism he was getting because majority of the people at the event sympathized with Jahir. But because it was clear the police department wanted to humiliate him.

Then Jawaun's mom on the screen popping her shit about my husband like her son was some saint. It was infuriating to watch so I eventually turned it off.

"Dior." I heard Rob's voice from the other side of the door after he knocked.

"Please leave me alone." I told him.

"You gotta be strong man we talked about this." He told me.

"I'll be strong tomorrow I just need this one night, please." I told him putting my head deeper into my pillow.

Hearing footsteps retreat I took a breath of relief and wiped my face. Seconds later my stomach felt weird causing me to run to the bathroom and throw up once again.

"Not again." I moaned out in agony.

Once I finished I got up brushing my teeth remembering I never checked the results for the pregnancy tests I took.

I closed my eyes and whispered "3 2 1" before looking at two positive pregnancy tests causing tears to cloud my vision once again.

How could this happen to me?

I practically have a newborn, I'm pregnant again, and my husband's locked up.

I Knew today felt too good to be true.

~
My man in prison he ain't do that shit your honor! Free my dawg 'till it's backwards!

Thoughts?

What's next for the center now?

Indya's pregnant again, thoughts?

Favorite cartoon growing up?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 12.5K 56
'I'll always choose you, why can't you just choose me? Just this once?' #1 insecure - 17/11/2022 #1 lifequotes - 28/11/2022 #1 druglord - 30/11/2022 ...
659K 39.7K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
88.3K 2.1K 28
Just read๐Ÿค. -(COMPLETED)- This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. All righ...
538K 18.2K 39
"๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง. ๐›๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ...