Angel Baby

By narcissablacc

"You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie, I'll tell you how I almost died. While you're bringing me ba... More

AB prologue
Ab 1
Ab 2
Ab 3
AB 5
AB 6
AB 7

AB 4

61 5 0
By narcissablacc

Juniper was feeling a bit down in the dumps after her boyfriend had to leave early, continuously for the last two years, staying only for a period of maximum one month only. The lack of connection and time spent together left her feeling angsty and crestfallen. Her loud and open personality slowly started confining itself in the four walls of her bedroom. It was unhealthy? Yes. But did that mean that the thought of breaking up had crossed her mind? No.

As much as the two longed for each other and Juniper battled her insecurities, they were both holding on too tightly. It was being held so tightly that it had started suffocating them. But they were too scared to let go, fearing that they would fall off if they let go of the rope, of bond.

After pads had left and never returned again, Juniper could be heard incoherently mumbling about wanting a pet. It made for a perfect birthday and apology gift in Harry's eyes. He had bought for Juniper, a non-magical cat from the magical menagerie that was in Diagon Alley. The owner had found the cat beside a dumpster and had decided to foster it and lucky for her Harry bought it. For only five galleons.

Juniper was elated with her gift, forgiving Harrh immediately. But it didn't last when Harry had to leave for a school trip. The Quidditch World Cup.

Juniper waited patiently outside of Number 4 Privet Drive, for Vernon Dursley to drive in with Harry. Half an hour later, the familiar car of the Dursley's came into her view making Juniper abandon her skateboard and step towards the now slowing car.

Harry was not expecting her to be waiting for her, but was he glad? Yes.

As soon as Harry stepped out, he felt himself being pulled in a warm hug. Juniper held on tightly, tearing up but she blinked her tears back. She finally had him and she wasn't planning on letting go without a fight this time.

"You look" Juniper whispered as she broke the hug and her eyes took in Harry's doleful expression. His usually bright emerald eyes were tired and lacked the twinkle he always carried around. "Exhausted." She finished softly.

Harry felt a turmoil of emotions churning up inside of him after hearing Juniper's soft observation. He wanted to break down and tell her all about the Tri-Wizard tournament but he couldn't. It only left him feeling drained. "I am" he admitted.

Juniper didn't need another reason for her to drag Harry to her own house.

"Wait here" she told him as she went to grab at the trunk inside of his car. Harry lurched forward before she could touch the trunk and see the logo of the school printed on it.

"What are you doing?" He questioned with slight stutter.

"Getting your trunk, you're staying over at mine"

"No he isn't!" Vernon hissed from the front door. But Juniper paid him no mind as she stared at Harry with pleading eyes.

"Let me keep the trunk up, I'll be back" he told her softly.

"Listen here boy—" Vernon started but Juniper threatened him with her father, making him shut up and go in grumbling to himself.

Harry carried his trunk up before returning with a small bag with a change of clothes in them. The two walked to Juniper's house, hand in hand.

"I really missed you" she told him as she gave Harry's hand a squeeze.

Harry appreciated the warmth radiating off of her. He felt like a child who just wanted to curl up and complain about the slightest of inconvenience. He wanted to stop lying to her, specially after what had happened and what he feared was going to happen.

"I missed you too" he told her after a moment.

They reached Juniper's house, but before stepping in, the two had simultaneously dived in for a heated kiss. It was filled with want, need, desperation, sadness and lust.

"DAD! Harry's here, he's staying over" Juniper called out loudly as she barged in.

Matthew came into view, he was a growing man nearing his fifty. But still was in a better shape than most of his age, the wrinkles around his eyes were a major giveaway.

"How are you Harry?" Matthew questioned the boy, knowing all about the return of Voldemort and how almost everyone of the wizarding world was taking in the news.

"Good, sir" Harry shrugged as he tightened his hold on Juniper's hand, an indication that he was nervous.

"We'll be in our room" Juniper said suddenly before dragging Harry upstairs.

Harry took a seat on the bean bag chair beside her soft bed. His bag placed on the study table in the corner. He sighed with relief as he took in the familiar walls. Juniper sat down on her haunches in front of him as she took his hands in hers, as she played with his fingers.

"Did something happen? You didn't write to me at all" she questioned. Fearing what would come out of his mouth.

What if he had found someone else?

"One of my friend..... he died" he swallowed visibly before saying the words out loud. Harry desperately wanted to tell her that it was Cedric Diggory, murdered by Voldemort but it would be too much for her.

"Oh Harry! I'm so sorry!" Juniper gasped as she pulled him in another hug, pulling herself on his lap as she kept her arms around his neck. Her face resting on his shoulder blades, her fingers playing with Harry's hair. Harry had his arms around her waist, one of his palm resting on her thigh and for a moment, he felt like shifting his hand further up. But he quickly got rid of the thought.

Juniper had a billion thoughts running through her mind as she stayed seated in her boyfriend's lap. She wasn't sure how more longer her relationship was going to last, she prayed for forever but had anyone ever seen forever?

Juniper had spent a lot of her time going through the pros and cons of breaking up with Harry but most importantly of having Harry as her first. But after listening to Harry's broken voice when he talked about his late friend, she doubted if the time was right. It didn't seem like it.

"It'll get better" she said in a soothing voice as she dipped her head further down and placed her soft lips on his.

Dinner was uneventful with Michelle and Matthew constantly assuring Harry that they were there for him and he could talk to them. Harry got the hint and was grateful as he thanked them for the support.

Juniper was startled when she felt Harry, who was sleeping beside her, thrashing in his sleep. He was sweating and mumbling in his sleep.

"Cedric..... No Cedric..." he whispered as he twisted his head from side to side.

"No, no, mum.... no"

"Harry" Juniper whispered as she shook his shoulder softly, her voice came out timid and scared.

"He's going to kill me!" He thrashed more.

"Harry!" She whisper-yelled, scared that he might be having a seizure.

Harry sat up panting as he scrambled back from Juniper and fell off of the bed with a thud. His breathing was ragged, sweat coating his forehead and soaking through his shirt. The sight scared Juniper, for she had never witnessed anything of that sort. Ever.

"Harry.... are you okay?" She questioned him softly after switching on her side lamp. A handkerchief in her hand as she neared Harry, waiting for him to allow her to touch him. Getting the nod, she raised her hand and wiped at the sweat. She didn't want to make him feel violated, which is why she waited for his permission.

"I'm sorry for disturbing—"

"No, no, I was awake already" she lied, it was nearly five o'clock. "For breakfast" she added to make her lie seem genuine.

Harry glanced at the clock before looking back at Juniper's face. Nodding he went along with her lie. He decided to freshen up, leaving soon after breakfast.

"I'm sorry! Is it because of me?" Juniper questioned him as she ran after him, her parents seated at the table.

"No, no, I promise it's just.... Cedric and I were really close. I'll meet you tomorrow I promise, I just need a bit of time" he tried to reassure her but his hesitant voice didn't help much.

"What's wrong?" Michelle questioned her daughter, who had a crestfallen expression adoring her face.

"Nothing" she shrugged before she went up stairs.

"Your breakfast!" Matthew yelled after her.

"Not hungry!"

There was shutting of door, indicating that Juniper had locked herself in her room.

"It's already getting messy..... how will we tell her about the wizarding world when the time comes?" Michelle questioned her husband as she sighed, dejected.

"We'll manage" Matthew sighed as well.

Michelle and Matthew had been contacted by Dumbledore about the reinforcement of The Order, the two had asked Dumbledore to give them sometime to think it through for now they also had a grown up daughter to look after. They couldn't not keep her first.

Juniper spent the day in her room, she came out after her father had returned from his work at around five. She was worried about Harry and what had caused him to call out not only for his friend but also his mother? She always had her suspicions about his weird boarding school, and it only bugged her more that she yet know the name.

Harry didn't come back until the day after the next, Juniper was going to march up to his house but her mother had suggested her that she should be patient and give the boy some time.

"Why do I feel like this? It's been weeks but it haunts me..." Harry whispered as he sat down beside Juniper on her bed.

Juniper played with his fingers as she had a sad glint in her eyes, "It's okay to grieve Harry.... it's okay if you grieve for a longtime and as much as you don't want to cry and grieve, the harder it would be for you. Grief is nothing but all the unexpressed love and I think it's better if it stays with you, hold onto to it in a positive way so that you always remember them...."

"Thank you" Harry smiled at her as he cupped her face before kissing her. He was glad that she didn't belittle him for crying and telling him to just get over it. Even though she didn't know the complete situation, her words felt comforting.

That is just who Juniper was to him, his comfort person. His first and only love and he didn't want to change a thing about them except for the distance of schools.

Juniper was happy to see Harry opening up to her again, when he had hurried out of her house, Juniper was scared that they were going to break-up. Because the distance, it felt overwhelming and Juniper felt that she wasn't doing enough, how could she? Only sending letters and a couple of sweets didn't always bring comfort, did it? Sometimes a hug is the most essential thing. She wondered who Harry hug's when he feels low. It wasn't helping her insecurities.

"You'll stay the night?" Juniper whispered the question in Harry's ear as she pressed her lips behind his ear, her fingers running from his cheek to his lips.

"I can't—" Harry breathed before he felt his lips melting against hers.

"Take your time" she murmured as she trailed kisses from his jaw to his neck. She felt his hands running underneath her top as his fingers grazed her sides and gripped her waist.

"Hey honey— oh shit! I'm so sorry!" Michelle yelled as she turned away before covering her eyes and walking back out of the room.

"MOM!" Juniper jumped when the door opened only to see her mom's back as she walked out.

"I guess that's my que" Harry laughed, feeling his cheeks heat up from embarrament.

Juniper shrugged in response as she sat on the floor of her bedroom before jumping up and asking Harry to wait for a while. She rummaged through her wardrobe before pulling out a packet.

"This is from when we went to Italy" she told him with a cheeky smile, "This is half of my gift for now, I'll think about giving you the other half."

"What is it?" Harry questioned when he saw a shoe box and a couple more wrapped packages.

"Jsut some dashing Italian things for my dashing boyfriend" she grinned before giving him a quick peck.

The two teenagers walked down the stairs, where they saw a still flustered Michelle who apologised for barging into the room.

"It's fine mumma, as long as you don't tell me not to do it. It's purrfectly fine" Juniper mimicked her cat whom she had named Garfield after the cartoon.

Garfield was a short legged, bushy tailed, white and grey ball of fur. Very sweet and always sleeping, Garfield loved to sit and watch out of the window but never dared going out.

"Harry, you're staying for dinner right son?" Matthew questioned as he put another dish down on the table. So that it was four and not three.

"I guess.... sir" Harry hesitated but nodded nonetheless.

Dinner was amazing for him, but the part where he had to tell Juniper bye for the day wasn't.

Harry wanted to tell Juniper about the nightmares but he couldn't, they were about him. And she wasn't aware of the wizarding world and Harry was in no mood to be making up long lies and feeding them to his girlfriend, who was at times quite gullible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 225 14
Harry learns things about his life he never would've before gaining a new family member and reuniting with old ones, coming to terms with people tryi...
29.2K 599 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
6.5K 119 12
"Even when the dark comes crashing through When you need a friend to carry you And when you're broken on the ground You will be found So let the sun...
196K 7.8K 31
"You're an idiot." "Yeah, but I'm your idiot." Sequel to The Hidden One so read that first