Two Sides to Every Love (Gene...

By Shadowlumi

Sequel to "Two Sides to Every Girl" It was almost the end of summer before Y/n's senior year, and she was hap... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1~ Relationships
Chapter 2~ Sudden Vacation
Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not
Chapter 4~ Kept Secret
Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame
Chapter 6~ Katelyn's Care
Chapter 7~ Heartbreak
Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup
Chapter 10~ Big News
Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?
Chapter 12~ The Prospect of Love
Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.
Chapter 14~ Falling For You
Chapter 15~ Way Home
Chapter 16~ Fireworks
Chapter 17~ Start Anew
Chapter 18~ Oh No He Didn't!
Chapter 19~ Siblings
Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21~ Business Proposal
Chapter 22~ Worry About You
Chapter 23~ Healing
Chapter 24~ Smile
Chapter 25~ The End of All Things
Chapter 26~ Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 27~ Dear Diary
Chapter 28~ Our Spot
Chapter 29 🍋~ Greedy
Chapter 30~ Maid Café Shenanigans
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP
Side Story 2~ A "Little Bit" Drunk
Side Story 3~ Prom Night
Side Story 4~ New Year('s Eve), New Friend

Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck

108 1 0
By Shadowlumi

"Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/N! WAKE UP!"

Waking up to the sound of Dante's voice has got to be the third worst thing to happen this summer. "Whaaat...?"

"You always have problems with relationships; do you think you could help me out?" he asked.

I shut my eyes. "Nope. Not with that way of questioning. Plus, I'm in recovery from my disastrous yesterday. No one's reaching me today."

He sighed. "I guess you're right. Maybe I'll call Gene over for help..."

I shot up to a seated position. "That guy has less relationship experience than me. What do you want, Dante?"

"Glad I have your attention. Okay, so—"

He was cut off by a groaning Katelyn. "Ughhh you two are being so loud! Let the sick person be..."

"She's here?" he whispered. 

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, that's just my ringtone."

He hit my shoulder. "Uh, sorry Katelyn! We'll get out of your hair."

I followed Dante out of my room to his. Grumbling, I asked, "Why were you even in our room, creep? What couldn't wait?"

"I'm not a creep, and neither is my brother. Anyways! I'm in a bad situation. Nicole is here on the island." Dante looked at me expectantly.

"Travis is the one who called Gene a creep but go off I guess. As for the Nicole thing... So what? Is she back for delayed revenge after you broke up with her?" I questioned.

Dante began sheepishly laughing. "Yeah, about that... I never broke up with Nicole."

My eyes went so huge, I thought they were gonna pop out of their sockets. "Are you kidding me? Dante, you have not been getting beach babes while still with Nicole. Katelyn already has a hit list, but you're definitely gonna be gone first. You're the closest, after all. Oh, and you're cheating on her best friend?"

"N-No! You've got it all wrong. I tried breaking up with Nicole, but it didn't work out cause she said she loved me, so I didn't wanna upset her and... I'm seeing someone else right now, and I don't want them finding out about each other!"

I shook my head. "Y'know, problems with relationships is defined as not being able to maintain or find relationships. You're having relationship problems. Big difference. I don't think I have the repertoire to help you."

"They're the same thing and you know it! Y/n, please!" Dante begged.

"I don't know Nicole or this 'beach babe'. I don't even really know Lucinda and Kawaii~chan who are staying with us. You chose the worst person for advice. Have you asked any of the guys?"

"They all told me the same thing, to tell Nicole the truth and let her down easy. Except Zane, he didn't really seem to care."

"That's literally the most obvious and best solution. Do what they said! I have no clue why you came to me."

"It's cause I needed a woman's advice...and you're the only one that probably wouldn't hate me forever or kill me." Dante rose his hands up, expecting me to hit him. I of course hit him, but only after he thought he was safe.

"You're a wimp for not breaking up with Nicole in the first place to make things easier, but I guess you can't help your genetics. Anyways, I now need two days to myself undisturbed, so you better do the right thing asap. Good luck, Dante."

I left the room with Dante shouting behind me, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT THE GENETICS THING?!"

Time to go back to sleep! 

I snuck back into my room, as to not disturb Katelyn, and laid down. It took an impossible amount of time, but I eventually fell back asleep, quietly vowing to have vengeance on Dante. 

The walls of my college dorm room seemed to close in, stirring up a deep storm within me. I stared up at the white ceiling, feeling homesick. August 30th...it's been two weeks since I've been staying here, but I still couldn't feel comfortable. Everything was unfamiliar... I glanced over at my snoring roommate. Everything except F/n... Thank Irene her program is a long one so I have her for the rest of college. What would I do without her? And how does her snoring manage to sound like a little choo-choo train?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Oh my Irene what do I do!? Usually F/n answers but she...is very much knocked out! She had a busy day, so I can't just wake her up! She'll stop paying for my snacks...

I took a deep breath, got out of bed, and opened the door. To my confusion, there was no one there, so I stepped out into the hallway. Before I could look around, my eyes were covered by a pair of hands.

"Guess who~" The soft, flirty voice was all too familiar. 

"Laurance! You scared the bejesus out of me!" I scolded. I turned around and he brought me into a hug.

"I've finally moved in, and I wanted to surprise you. We're on the same floor!" he exclaimed.

"Really? That's great! I was worried that I was gonna be clinging onto F/n..."

He placed a hand atop my head and lightly ruffled up my hair. "Y/n, even if I was on another floor, in another BUILDING, even, I would still be sure to meet up with you regularly." He smirked. "So don't worry, the only one you'll be needing to cling onto is me."

I felt my face grow warm, and I averted my eyes to the ground. "I-I'll keep note of that."

"Alright, I just wanted to swing by to say hi. It's pretty late, wouldn't want a pretty girl like you losing sleep over me~ Wanna talk more over lunch tomorrow? Around 12:30?" he asked.

I nodded. "S-Sure, sounds good!"

"Cool!" He winked at me. "Then it's a date."

Before I could protest, he slipped into his room that was miraculously across from mine. Maybe...a date wouldn't be so bad. After all, the last one I've been on is when Gene and I were together...

*~o~o~o~*

Oh Irene, what do you even do on dates? I was currently sat across Laurance, who was examining the menu. I was doing the same, but my jittery hands didn't make it easy. Plus, why are there so many options! He must've done this on purpose, choosing a place with a lot of different types of f/f (favorite food)!

I eventually chose something and we ordered our food.

"You okay?" Laurance asked. "You seem kinda shaken up. Have you finally fallen for me?"

"Oh— uh. Yeah. A-About the being okay thing not" I took a deep breath. "What do you mean 'finally'?"

He smiled. "Well, we've known each other for three years now, and you never said anything against this being a date. Plus, you're even dressed up."

I looked down at my lap. Sure, Laurance has always been a solid friend after we settled things at the end of sophomore year, and I've always thought he was charming and attractive, but... Why now was my face so hot and a stupid smile on my face?

"Y'know, you left without letting me say anything!" I protested. "And I've...just been starting to care about my appearance when I go out."

"Y/n, you look beautiful no matter what. But this raises the question, is this not a date?"

I shook my head. "It is!" There's no reason for it not to be, so why hold myself back?

"That's good, cause I really like you."

"I...really like you, too."

Flashforward three months, and that didn't remain true. Romantically, at least. Laurance and I got along fine, but...it didn't feel like there was much there. For some reason, the nerves never went away while we dated. Instead of butterflies in my stomach, there were wasps. The realization hit me as I danced across Gene's contact to text him, even though it's almost been a full year since I gave up trying to reach out.

I shook my head, appalled at what I was about to do. What was wrong with me? I put my phone down and went to Laurance's room. I kept shaking before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. It should be Laurance I was thinking to text, not... I can't waste his time like this.

Laurance eventually opened the door. "Hey m'lady." 

Oh Irene I've never initiated a break up before... "H-Hi. We...need to talk." The typical beginning to a break up...

The color instantly drained from his face. "Do...you want to come in?"

I shook my head. I just wanted to rip off the bandaid. "I think we should go back to just being friends."

He took my hands in his. "...Why?"

"I...don't think you're the only one in my heart. I care about you, and I don't want to lead you on."

"It's him, right?" Laurance questioned.

I nodded and he dropped my hands.

"I...had a feeling. You've been having a barrier around you all this time."

"If you had a feeling, then..." No, this is my fault. "I'm sorry."

He nodded. "I'm sorry, too."

And then...it was over.
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: two breakup chapter flashbacks in a row 😭

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 2.2K 23
{ SO PROUD I'M DOING THIS HUEHUE} [RECOMMEND FOR GIRLS AND GENE LOVERS LIKE ME] Summary: Y/N was new to highschool and wanted to start over your l...
1.2K 7 19
Since freshman year,y/n has been friends with Sasha, up until junior year,y/n didn't talk to Zenix and Gene much. In senior year,y/n and Gene begins...
15.5K 281 30
Y/n L/n is a sophomore at Phoenix Drop High who already doesn't look forward to anything in her future. She hopes to get by with a job at a fast food...
24K 1K 54
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT HARASSMENTS DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " All t...