Teenage Dream

By chrissybaeevans

You and Chris have been dating since senior year in high school. But what happens when Chris's career gets t... More

Chapter 1: You Belong With Me ✨
Chapter 2: Love Story πŸ“–
Chapter 3: Better Than Revenge 😈
Chapter 4: White Horse ☁️
Chapter 5: I Knew You Were Trouble πŸ”₯
Chapter 6: We Are Getting Back Together 🧑
Chapter 7: The Story of Us πŸ₯‚
Chapter 8: Back to December ❄️
Chapter 9: Mine πŸ’‹
Chapter 10: King of My Heart πŸ‘‘
Chapter 11: Forever & Always ?
Chapter 12: The Lucky One πŸ€
Chapter 13: Willow 🌾
Chapter 15: Exile πŸ’¨
Chapter 16: Cruel Summer β˜€οΈ
Chapter 17: Welcome to New York πŸ—½
Chapter 18: Afterglow πŸ’Œ
Chapter 19: This Love ❀️‍πŸ”₯
Chapter 20: The Chris Crazies πŸ”Έ
Chapter 21: Vigilante Shit 🚨

Chapter 14: Delicate 🌸

4K 87 91
By chrissybaeevans

Warnings: fluffy fluff, long flashback! Half of the chapter is first person POV, second half is third person POV.

* the blurb is a demonstration of how Chris looks like when there is a flashback vs during present time which in this book is 2012-2013*

......................
Chapter Fourteen: Delicate
..............

I was shocked to see my mother who I haven't spoken since Chris crashed my almost wedding to another man.

No words were coming out of my mouth, I didn't know what to say.

Chris sprung into action, opening the door wider, allowing my mom to step inside.

"Come in, Mrs.Y/l/n."

I gave him a look as my mother walked inside awkwardly, giving a scan inside of Chris's apartment.

Chris tells me to relax with a squeeze to my hip as he curled his arm around my waist.

After my mom turned from looking at Chris's decor, she looked down at my feet at Dodger, who was sitting and titling his head at my mom.

"Ahem," she clears her throat, "And who's this?"

I didn't answer her, maybe cause I thought I was dreaming about this happening.

"Ah," Chris walks a bit away from me to crouch down near Dodger, "this is Dodger, we just got him."

My mom nods, widening her eyes at dodger with a playful smile as he licked all over Chris's face making him laugh, "okay, dodge, okay." Chris stands and arranged his shirt.

"He's really sweet and loves to play." Chris tries to keep the conversation going.

My mom nods again, looking over at me, "could we talk Y/n?"

"Why? So you could yell at me and bash me about my decisions?" I couldn't help it, I had so much anger towards her - I just needed to get that off of my chest.

"C'mon Dodge." Chris whispers as he whistles and claps his hands, making Dodger follow him back into the kitchen allowing my mom and I some alone time.

"Sweetie, please just listen to me, and then you can say whatever you need to say." She places her hand on my arm, giving me a very sincere look.

I motion for her to sit on the couch and i sit next to her as she places her bag beside her.

"Honey, first of all I want to apologize. I-I," she shakes her head breaking her gaze in my eyes, "I realized the other day I was acting just like my mom. I-I never told you this but there was one boy I fell in love with when I was in high school. My mother forbade me to see him because he wasn't at our society 'level'..."

From the little my mom has told me about my grandmother (who I've never met not even when she passed) was that she was very wealthy, my mom grew up with money and in the rich side of Boston.

"...his name was Bucky...or well that's what I would call him. His name was James, and I loved him. I'd sneak away from school to meet him at his public school down the road.." My mom was blushing, she was blushing speaking about this man.

"...the reason I am telling you this is, is because we had what you and Chris had when you guys were in school, the sneaking away, the lying to your parents about your whereabouts, making out under the bleachers, I-I— James was the one who, you know, well I gave myself to him and I know Chris was that guy for you, honey."

"Mom.." I'm a bit embarrassed because my mom and I weren't exactly that close to be talking about being a virgin, or sex, or boys.

"What? He obviously took your virginity, honey. And that's okay. Because I once was 18 too. Your Chris, is my James. And I would do anything to be able to marry him, to be able to have a family with him. Not that I regret having you, baby," she cups my cheek, "I'm side tracking again, I-I what I want to say is that, I've been unfair with you and Chris. I know you didn't love Jonathan, but I still pressured you into marrying when I shouldn't have. I should've told you that Chris was the one for you, I-I acted like my mother when I told you things to drive you away from Chris and I am sorry....could you forgive me?"

A tear shed from my eye and I didn't know why I was so emotional, but I nodded and engulfed my mom in a hug, "I've missed you so much, mom."

"Oh me too, honey, me too." She hugs me tight before pulling away again, "I want you to know that I got your Christmas gift a couple years back. When you left to walk back down the road to Lisa's, I made sure you were safe, I watched you walk all the way down to her house. Then I went outside and i still have the tree of life ornament."

"You do?!" I'm shocked she actually kept my gift, i remember that night because I cried hysterically in Chris's arms in his bedroom.

"Of course, sweetie, and your father also apologizes. He's away on a trip, I-I just couldn't wait for him to come back to talk to you because I-I had a dream—"

"—I'm so sorry to interrupt, do you guys want some tea? I made Y/n's favorite." Chris appears with a tray of two steaming hot teas.

Your mom smiles, as Chris hands her a cup, also handing me mine, with care. Almost as if I were a 5 year old who he was scared of burning.

"I got it, Chrissy," I tell him, smiling at how sweet he is with me.

"I-I just don't want you to get burned, oh! And make sure to blow too so you don't burn your tongue, baby." He tells me.

I nod, blowing gently as the steam disappeared before appearing again.

"What ever happened to James, mom?" I had the courage to ask.

She took one more sip of her tea before setting it on the coffee table, on top of the coaster.

My mom took a deep breath before, smiling halfheartedly, "His sister and I were the same age so I went to school with her, James was a year older than us. I remember the last time I was with him before he was sent to the military. We were by the lake behind the church, just fooling around under a tree. But the night came and he walked me home, and that was..." she wipes a tear that had fallen from her eye, "was the last time I ever saw him."

I still had a curious look on my face, so she continued to explain, "Rebecca came to tell me the news a few months after James had left for the military. During that time we'd send each other letters, but about a week before Rebecca came, he had stopped writing, and I knew when the post man said there wasn't any mail for me, I just knew..." she pressed a hand to her chest, "I knew he was gone." My curious look turned into a sorrowful one, gently rubbing my mom's back as she cried, "that whole week I had this sinking feeling, then Rebecca came and confirmed he had passed."

"I'm so sorry, mom." I felt really bad about her tragic love story. I've never seen my mom cry before. Maybe when I told her I was moving away with Chris to NYC but that was it.

"It's okay. It's okay, because that's why I'm here. To tell you that's it okay to love Chris, to break that toxic cycle my mom put into my head. If you want to be with Chris then be with Chris because he's the love of your life, baby." She nods at me, "it's him, I knew from the first time he stepped foot in our house, or when he hid under your bed that first time I caught you guys in your old bedroom. I knew he was trouble, but at the same time I knew you guys were meant to be and that scared me..."

"Thank you, mom. I-I really needed to hear that from you. I really needed you to be in my life as much as I denied it." I hug her again and she kisses my cheek.

"I'm also here because, like I was saying, sweetheart, I had a dream last night." My mom scoots closer to me, looking over her shoulder to see if Chris was listening and he wasn't. He was pinned down to the ground by dodger, who was licking his face.

"A dream? About what, mom?" I ask her.

"A baby." She nods, her eyes tearing up, she chuckled a bit at my confused expression, "I dreamed I was holding a baby. A gorgeous baby, with your eyes and I was holding them, as they giggled and cooed. And at the end of the dream Chris is taking the swaddled baby from me and walking over to you, so I-I thought maybe..."

She looks at my stomach. But I shake my head, "N-no, mom, I-I, I'm on birth control - Chris and I have been safe lately." It felt weird speaking about this to her.

"Oh well, I'm sorry for overstepping. It's just, you know how superstitious I am and I just hoped it was true."

"Maybe one day mom, but it's too crazy now because Chris asked me to marry him again and we're going back to LA for a while." I explain.

"Oh honey! I am so happy for you, I really am." She grabs my hand and squeezes.

"I'm so happy you are here mom." I smile at her, and then the tears start coming down again, maybe my time of the month was soon because I was way too emotional than I normally am.

My mom ended up staying a while, Chris joined our conversation before she left and she gave us her blessing. She approved of me being with Chris and told Chris she was thankful that he was the one for me.

We waved her goodbye as she drove away in her car, Chris and I standing at the front of his apartment complex.

I squealed and jumped into his arms, I was so happy I made up with my mom. Tomorrow we were going to get our nails done and get some lunch before Chris and I headed back to LA.

"I'm so happy that you're happy, baby." He kisses my lips as he maneuvered us back to his place.

"Chrissy?"

"Yes, my love?" He responds, pressing the 4th floor button in the elevator.

"Before Mom came, you were about to tell me something..." I remind him.

He thinks hard about it, furrowing his pretty brows, "Mmmmm, nope," he really emphasizes the 'p', "I don't think so."

We get back to the apartment, Dodger excited to see us. Then he ran to the dinning table and I gasped at his beautiful it looked.

"Chris...." I placed a hand on my chest, looking at the beautiful flowers in a glass vase, red and pink balloons, my favorite kind of cake, and a candle that was turned on.

It looked like it was Valentines Day.

"C'mere, baby," he takes my hand leading me to the dining room.

"What's all this for?" I look at him, after sniffling the flowers.

"Read what the cake says, honey." Chris motions the cake that I didn't even acknowledge.

Oh, Baby!

"Oh, baby, I love it!" I tell Chris, walking over to hug him.

But he starts chuckling, in which I look at him confused.

"Baby, there is something I have to tell you."

He sits me down on one of the chairs.

"Chris, you can't propose a third time. Even though I wouldn't mind." I cup his face in my hand.

He smiles at me, tears in his eyes, "you're pregnant, my love."

"I'm what?"

"Pregnant." He says quickly, bringing one of his hands to touch over my stomach.

"B-but, how? How do you know?" I bring my hand to his face, gently grazing my thumb over his stubble. My heart pounding at the unexpected news.

"Before we left the Maldives, in the craziness and making sure dodger got to a vet, he our blood drawn before flying back to the US.."

I pay attention as he explains.

"...the woman handed me our results and she said congratulations, I-I was confused but she told me you were pregnant. Something about this hormone you get when you're pregnant, I don't know really know," I smile at Chris being flustered, nervous and adorable all at the same time, "I just know that you are pregnant, baby."

I tackle him to the ground with a big and warm hug. He laughs, settling me on top of him with his hands on my hips.

I kiss his lips and I kiss all over, I'm so happy.

"We're having a baby?!" I whisper excitedly.

Chris looks at me, and I mean really looks at me, "we're having a baby."

I squeal in happiness, giving him more kisses, as he chuckled at how happy I was.

Dodger noticed Chris and I were on the ground having fun, so he decided to jump in as well. He licked my face and then licked Chris's, jumping on us playfully.

Chris went to the store to get some pregnancy tests to really confirm if I was or not. I already made an appointment with my OB but that was all the way on Monday, chris and I couldn't wait to find out for sure.

So we decided to have at least this kind of proof.

Chris and I sat at the edge of the bathtub, his hand on my shaky thigh, I don't know why I was so nervous. Maybe because it could turn out to be negative and we got all excited for nothing.

Or maybe it was because, it was all too early, Chris and I just got back together, we're moving to LA soon and we're planning another wedding.

We patiently waited the three minutes the box instructed, Chris was timing it on his phone, I attempted to stand when the timer said 2 minutes and 34 seconds, but Chris pushed me down again, rubbing my thigh up and down.

"Just wait, baby," He whispers, smiling before kissing my cheek. I nod, calming down a bit. I just needed to know if there was a possibility of having a mini Chris.

beep beep, beep beep, beep—

The time went off and I bolted up from the edge of the bathtub, grabbing the test and flipping it over immediately.

Pregnant

"AHHAAA!!!!" I squeal again, poor Chris didn't even see the result before I grabbed him and kissed him again.

He smiles at me, jumping up and down, before jumping into his arms and having him carry me.

"Let me see, let me see," I almost forgot that I didn't even show him.

I hand him the stick and a tear fell from his eye, my big ball of fluff, "I told you, princess, it will happen when the time is right."

"I love you, Christopher." I tell him, each word coming straight from my heart.

"Not as much as I love you, sweetheart." He smiles up at me, as I brush my fingers over his soft lips and delicate facial features that make my Chrissy so handsome.

•Flashback: Boston, 1999•
**THIRD PERSON POV**

"I'm outta here, mom, I'll be back soon." Chris grabs an apple before leaving his house, waving bye to his sisters who were doing homework on the dining room table and his mother who was making dinner.

"Are you going out with Y/n?" She asks, cutting up some onion and adding it to the soup.

"No, just some of the guys, it's Coach's birthday today so we're doing a surprise for him." Chris explains, unlocking the back door.

"Alright, well, be safe sweetheart and be home for dinner."

Chris walks out of the back door, letting his dog East walk out as well so he could run around in the yard for a bit.

Walking down the road to his friend, Justin's house, he went through the back like he always did, since Justin lived in the basement.

"Uh oh, lover boy is here," Jess announces Chris's arrival as Chris shakes his head, walking down the stairs to Justin's basement/room.

"Just in time, Chrissy Boo," Justin playfully raises his brows, doing his handshake with Chris as Chris went over to say hi to the rest of the guys.

They were making a poster with Coach's name and decorating the best a few teenage boys could do, "We're almost done." Lucas says, motioning the birthday poster.

"Almost done? Guys, you spelt birthday wrong." Chris rubs his forehead.

"It's fine," Jake says from across the room, "he'll be happy with the decorations."

Justin walks over to see the poster for himself, "Hmmm, not that bad there's room for improvement fellas."

It was literally a plain white poster, with the words: Happy Bithday Coach

"C'mon guys," Chris shoves his hands in his pockets, "this looks like a 3rd grader did it."

"Oh since when are you a perfectionist, Christopher? Coach doesn't care if we put effort, at least we did something." Jess is annoyed that he has to start all over again.

Chris takes the marker from his hand, attempting his best to draw an 'r' next to the i and the t.

"There! At least it says, happy birthday." Chris shakes his head, "please tell me you guys bought the cake we agreed on."

Justin looks at Jess and Lucas, Jake scratching his head.

"I can't." Chris pinches in between his eyes.

"Justin said he was going to go to the store and buy that carrot cake he likes so much!" Lucas stands.

"Yeah well, I don't have money, pretty boy," Justin argues back.

"It's fine, it's fine." Chris stands, "I have a plan."

You laid on your bed, flipping through your favorite book as your favorite band played on your CD player that you just got for Christmas.

When rocks started hitting your window, first it was just a one at a time, then it was a few at a time at a rapid pace. Furrowing your brows you walked to see if it was Chris.

And it was, along with half of the football team...

"Guys, stop! I only get to throw the rocks! I didn't ask you guys to help!" Chris was shouting at them, your guess was boys being boys they all started throwing rocks at your window.

"Chris, what's going on?" You looked down as you tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Uh, hey baby," Chris stretches the back of his neck, "we have a problem."

Once Chris explained what was going on, you started laughing. A simple surprise that one girl could do, 6 boys couldn't do it at all.

"Just use the front door next time, Chrissy." You said as you shut your window close and went down the stairs to open the door for them.

"Ooohhhhh...." The guys started picking on him, "Chrisssyyyy...."

"Shut it!" He pushes off Justin who was making smootching sounds.

"You should've used the front door, Chrissy," Jess mocks your voice as all the guys followed an annoyed Chris to the front of your house.

You allowed them to step inside, as you smiled at their smirking and playful remarks at Chris.

"Make yourselves at home, boys," you tell them, Lucas walks in holding a poster, but you assume you were looking at the back of it since it was blank.

"So what's going on?" You turn once you closed the door. Crossing your arms.

"Uh," They push Chris to speak to you, and he turns to roll his eyes at his asshole friends.

"Baby, we have a—"

"Baby..." his friends mock him again. So Chris turns all mad to shut them up.

You smile at him being so irritated so easily but his friends, bringing his face back to you, cradling his slim face in your hands.

The boys were quiet after they saw the way you were so affectionate with him, after losing your virginity to Chris you felt even more comfortable with him, so you didn't care that his friends were here, you were going to be that affectionate girlfriend you are even when you're alone with him.

Even though everyone in your house was 18 years old, the boys still acted like they were 5.

"We have a small issue," Chris continued, making a small space between his fore finger and thumb.

"And what's that?" God you didn't care about the issue, you wanted to slam Chris onto your couch and straddle him, kissing him breathless as you—

"Babe? Did you hear me?" He says.

You lick your lips, really looking at him, while you were day dreaming he had explained what was going on.

His face expression changed when he noticed the lust in your eye and he really wished his friends weren't here because he'd make your day dream come true.

"Earth to Y/n?" Lucas comes and waves a hand in your face, then Jess stepped at Chris's side, waving a hand in his face.

"Jesus Christ, they're glitching." Justin laughed, looking over his shoulder before going turning back and looking in your fridge for at least some good left overs.

"Y/n?" Lucas calls again, "we need your help with this."

You snapped out of your day dream, and looked at the poster Luke was holding up.

"Uhm, yeah we need to fix that...." You said, giving chris a kiss on his cheek before walking up the stairs to grab your markers and colored pencils.

"Dude? You're whipped!" Jess laughs, pushing Chris's shoulder with enough force to make Chris jolt backwards.

"I'm not!" He says, walking over to Justin and closing the lid on one of Mrs.Y/l/n's left overs before Justin could even take a bite, "this isn't your house Justin." Chris says as he put the container back into the fridge.

The boys huddled around you as they watched your creativity skills, you fixed their horribly basic and generic poster with some glitter, a drawing of a football, some bubble letters and fun fonts for the words, 'happy birthday, coach.'

"Damn, Chris, your girl is a whole artist." Jess says, watching how you pushed out the glue from the bottle.

Chris was whipped, like his friends said earlier. Because he was just admiring you in your element. He wasn't even paying attention to what anyone was saying.

He was thinking if your parents would ever let you marry him at such a young age. They were protective of you that's for sure, but they should know by now he will do anything to protect you.

He was completely and utterly in love with you and he would vow to never let anything bad happen, to you or to the future babies you would definitely have with him in the future.

Chris wanted 4 girls if it were up to him, just have his own little team and have them all dressed in patriot uniforms, but he knew you wanted a boy.

You told him one day, laying your head in his lap in the back yard as he played with your hair. The topic of the future came up and when you made a cootie catcher and played it on him.

~ a few weeks prior ~

"Pick a color, handsome." You asked, looking up at him, as his fingers kept running through your soft hair.

"Hmm, blue." He answers you, smirking down.

"Pick a number." You said after spelling out the word, blue with the catcher.

"Three, because I met you in third period." Chris says softly, almost whispering.

You grin at him, "you're such a romantic."

"Your question, Mr.Evans is how many kids do you want?" You raise a brow, awaiting his answer.

"Ah," he sighs, looking away for a second to see a car passing by, just to look back down at you, "4. I want four girls, with you of course."

"Four girls?! Christopher!" You start laughing, not even wanting to imagine how hectic and chaotic having all girls would be. But with Chris, anything is possible..

"What about you?" He watches as you sit up and face him properly.

You think about the question, really looking into his baby blues.

"I want a boy, a mini Chris." You kiss him, you couldn't help yourself, his lips were just looking so plump and perfect.

~back to the original flashback~

"Jesus Christ, we keep losing Christopher." Justin motions a day dreaming Chris. Sitting across from everyone at your kitchen island.

As you fixed the mess of the posted they made.

"It's okay, he does that sometimes," you reply, leaning over the island to grab Chris's hand, "Chrissy? Y'okay?"

He awakes from his daydream or whatever he was thinking about.

" 'm fine," he mumbles, clearing his throat as all his friends were laughing behind your back at him. You looked so concerned while his idiot friends were making fun at him for - well - being whipped.

"Come look at the poster, handsome, I think I'm all done." You smile proudly down at your work as Chris walked toward you. His friends hovering over his shoulder.

"Now this is how you make a birthday poster, guys! Now that simple crap you were going to give him." Chris scolds them and you can't help but giggle.

The poster had maybe too much glitter, but you were a girl, and loved glitter so, it had gold stars glued to each of the corners, with adjacent smaller stars to match. It had a football you drew right in the middle underneath where it said, 'Happy Birthday Coach', in a fun bubble font.

"Thank you, babe." Chris kisses your head, and wraps an arm around you.

Jess, Luke, Jake and Justin started 'clearing their throats' but it was a signal to Chris.

"Oh!" He remembers, and sighs looking at you, giving you a dopey smile, "we need a cake too."

Your hand goes up to cover your eyes, as you shook your head.

• PRESENT TIME: Boston, 2012•
** THIRD PERSON POV **

It ha started to pour just a few hours ago and it hasn't stopped, it was late, around 3am - you couldn't sleep. Thinking about the future, how you were going to be responsible for a whole life.

You watched as the rain dropped down the windows of Chris's apartment, you felt relaxed as his bare skin touch your own. His arms wrapping around your stomach from behind.

His head was tucked into the crook of your neck, definitely getting the best sleep ever as he snored quietly.

Dodger was on the other side of you, since you were smack right middle of the bed, he laid his head near your stomach too, under the covers with you and Chris.

Almost as if your boys were protecting you even in their sleep. You smiled at that, reaching to carefully graze over Chris's arm that was draped over your stomach.

The straps of your tank top had fallen but you'd have to move in order to fix them and you didn't want to wake Chris up.

Something felt off, which was why you couldn't fall back asleep. Everything was perfect, you and Chris were back, you were growing your family, got the puppy you always wanted, reunited with your mom and made up with your parents....

...it almost seemed too good to be true.

"Baby?" Chris's voice filled your ears, raspy and still laced with sleep.

He couldn't see your face to know if you were awake or not, but he could see your beautiful lashes as the moonlight hit them perfectly along with the very beginning of the right side of your face.

He watched as you blinked, which meant you were awake.

"Baby, why are you awake?" He asks again, gently pushing you on your back so he could see you better.

"I-I," you

He frowned when he saw you crying, your eyes puffy and red, you didn't even realize that your cheeks were damp.

"What's wrong my love?"

"I-I'm scared." You whisper, wiping the tears away.

"Why?" Chris helps you to sit up so you could explain. The both of you looked over at dodger when you felt him shift, but he didn't wake just changed sleeping positions.

"I haven't told you everything.." you whispered, taking both of his hands in yours to make sure he wasn't going to back away.

He titled his head, eyes bouncing between the both of yours, "what do you mean?"

"I-I should've told you before, when you stepped into the diner when I was there with Bizzie, but I was so happy to see you—I—I"

"What is it, baby?" He gently runs a hand down your face.

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath, fluttering them open, "I can't marry you again, Chris."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.3K 32
[COMPLETED] Liliana is Miguel Galindos talented little sister. A Chemical Engineer and business owner she has made a name for herself without the Gal...
4.6K 121 13
Kim Jennie, a popular K-pop idol, has never experienced love before, but when she is forced to become Kim Taehyung's fake girlfriend, will they slow...
241K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
308K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc