Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 49

40 6 29
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 49

🌷Rahul POV

"You wanna what?" Adithi shouts into my ear.

"Psst!" I sign her to keep calm.

"When do you plan on doing that ?" she asks me looking around making sure no one hears.

"Maybe a week or so," I tell her casually.

"Okay, call me tomorrow morning. We will talk about that in detail." She tells me looking back at Karthik.

"Will you be doing something naughty tonight?" I tease her wiggling my eyebrows.

" Idiot." She smacks me on my shoulder and then we get back to the party again. We enjoy ourselves a lot until I drop of Karthik, Adithi, and Sharath at their places.

The car ride seems to go calm. "Should I drop you off at your house or mine?" I ask her keeping my eyes on the road.

"Mine, having an exam tomorrow need to prepare." She tells me tension evident in her voice.

"Man, you study a lot," I tell it out even though it's a fact.

"Man, but I want to take you to fancy places just like you do to me." She says with a smile on her face.

"The fanciest place you could take me to is your bedroom," I tell her making her blush, she looks cute when I tease her.

" You have been saying these kinds of things from the last time it happened between us," she murmurs flustered.

"I know you are enjoying it too." I chuckle at her cuteness. Slowly I pull onto the front gate of her apartment. She slowly tries to get down, her saree making it hard for her to get down.

"Should I help?" I ask as I take out my seat belt before I open the door and get down, she says a no and gets down quickly after that.

"Oh shit! I forgot" she says as she makes her way around the car towards my window. "What?" I ask as I open the door and get out of the car.

"This," She says pulling me into a sudden kiss."You looked too handsome today." She says and walks back into her apartment leaving me flustered. As she goes inside she stands by the elevator and shouts "Bye! Rahul!" like a kid swinging from left to right.

This girl's duality makes me fall for her again and again. With that huge bye done, she gets into the elevator giving me a finger heart, in that process she trips herself and loses balance, at least she didn't fall face first. "Am fine" she shouts back now completely closing the elevator and making her way to her apartment.

I get back into the car as I start thinking about how am going to propose to her. But those thoughts take me back to one of our dates which were in my office.

"This model looks beautiful," Meera says as she eyes the new banners. "Yeah, they are," I say without thinking much as I analyze the monthly sales. "Do you want a wife?" she asks me again, "Yeah- What?" I get surprised at the question.

"Why that sudden question?" I asked pulling her into my lap from the opposite seat.

"No, was just thinking about marriage and kids." She tells me sitting in my lap.

"With me?" I ask her not knowing what answer to expect.

"No with that Kdrama actor I was talking about." she deadpans on my face.

"Isn't he like 40 years old?" I carry on with her sarcasm.

"Age is just a number." She shrugs off as if it's no big deal. Now I have to feel jealous of guys who are not even beside her. Great.

"You need to tone down your kdrama's." I tell her as I push her off from my lap. Hey! She exclaims getting a proper balance.

"Ask you Kdrama Oppa to make you sit on his lap," I tell her giving her a really huge smile and I go back to work, while she grumbles and gets back into her seat in that process she sticks her tongue out.

I reach my house and see that my father and stepmother are already asleep. I get into my room freshen up and get down to sleep with many thoughts in my mind.

Is this the right decision? Will she say yes? What if she says no? Does she have other plans?

With these thoughts itself, my tired mind makes me fall asleep.

Getting out of my bed faster than before, I get on with my early morning meetings. For lunch, I decided to meet up with Adithi at their house as I had many meetings come up suddenly.

I stand in front of their door, I knock on the door a few times before Karthik ends up opening the door. "So, you finally decided to get married?" he asks as I enter the house. "Meera would be the one to decide," I tell him taking off my shoes and also my suit leaving me in my dress shirt.

"I still remember you telling us how you never wanna get married." He tells me as the memories of the past make us Chuckle.

"That was when I thought I would never meet anyone perfect. But now I have her." Those words easily slip out of my mouth with zero second thought.

"So let's start brainstorming?" I say as I seat myself at the dining table along with Karthik and followed by Adithi. After thinking of 7 ideas a small exchange between Meera and Me comes to mind. "Meera never wore a slip dress," I say as the words we exchange during that time start turning around in my head.

"Wait I remember," Adithi says as she fishes out her phone and starts searching on Pinterest. "I remember her pinning something on her board." She murmurs as she concentrates mostly on searching on for something.

"You have access to her Pinterest board? She never lets anyone touch that!" I say at the memory of her lashing at me when I tried to look at her boards comes to my mind.

"She doesn't know, I kinda guessed her password once, that's how am able to get her gifts for her birthday. Yeah found it "she says as she points to a photo of a model with a black cowl neck satin slip-on that came till her mid-thighs.

" It might be hard for her to wear that as she might get a lot of stares," I tell feeling bad that she never got to wear the ones she desires.

"Why don't you take her to a private table in the restaurant for a date, that way no one will look at her?" Karthik suggests after staying awfully quiet from the past hour.

"That sounds like a plan, I will get on to making the design. I will not be copy-pasting the dress but adding my own touches. I think I can propose to her in a week. I tell and after talking about it for some time I leave their house and reach my office to start thinking about how the dress will be executed.

After a lot of brainstorming, I ended up with a black cowl neck Pick satin slip-on that comes till her knees with a long slit till the mid-thigh. It took me two days to draw, four days to make, and two days to make even more adjustments and give it the perfect needed accessories. With all that done and the ring already picked up.

I take out my phone to text Meera to check the waters.

'Wanna go out tonight?'- Rahul

'Yup, I wanted to ask that!'-Meera

'Then it's set! I had a place in mind I wanted to try let's go there?'-Rahul

'Sure! Let's do it!'-Meera

Meet you at 5, I have something to give bye!

I don't wait for a reply back as I know if I talk more the cat will be out of the bag. After finishing two meetings and dozens of paperwork, I take my car and reach Meera's apartment. I park it around and reach her apartment in no time.

I enter the door without a knock and shout "Meera it's me!" she comes out running into the hall and gives me a tight hug.

"I think we will be a bit late, I was studying and lost track of time. I need to go for a shower." She says with a sheepish grin. I nod my head saying take your time I can wait. As she goes into the bathroom I place the dress I made for her on the bed and get back to the living room. After a while, I hear a gasp from the room as she cooes "It's beautiful! Do you really want me to wear it?" She shouts from the room.

"I made it for you, If you don't wanna wear it, then also it's fine," I tell her but I don't get a reply back. I go back to whatever I was doing. I hear the bedroom door click open and she comes out in the dress I made. She was jaw-dropping gorgeous. It's a side of her that I have never seen but am sure enough loving it.

"Is it good?" she asks me moving around, showing me the dress." It's perfect." Is all I could say out. "Thank you, Rahul, this is beautiful. But is it ok to go out like this?" she asks me looking perplexed.

"I knew you would feel uncomfortable, so I booked a private table at that restaurant," I tell her with a smile as she gives me a sheepish grin murmuring another thank you.

"Weirdly enough I also wanted to give you something." She says as she goes back into the room and comes with two huge boxes. She seats them on the table and gestures me to open them.

"I might not be a designer like you but I can match designed works perfectly well." She says as I open the first box to find a casual fit with a crème color sweater and white dress shirt.

"I always see you in a suit, so I thought to give you something else, and also they are matching shoes. Can you please wear these?" she tells moving around with puppy eyes.

"Why would I even say a No? This perfect." I tell her pulling her into a hug. I go back into the room and change into the fit only to come back and see her jumping up and down with glee.

" How I hogged this handsome man? Only God knows." She says as she jumps up and down. I couldn't help but chuckle at her antics. As we reach the restaurant I start feeling the nervousness hit me. Hope all of this goes right!

"This looks really fancy." She says as she walks closer by my side, a waitress escorting us to a private room. "It sure is," I say as I seat her on one of the chairs and sit opposite of hers.

Nervousness filling me up I think of what to talk about and what not to talk about, We order our food and once it arrives we start eating and talking.

"It's been nearly a year since we started dating." She tells as she twirls her fork in her hand. It's sure been long that long. I muster up the little courage I have and stand up from my place. She looks at me doubtfully as I proceed with what I was doing.

"You know Meera, us being together hasn't been easy at all from the start itself we had many problems thrown our way. In such a short span we got closer than we could ever be. I want us to stay this close forever. I might not give long speeches like your lecturers. But one thing is for sure, I will surely listen to everything you talk about. Will you marry me?" I ask her pulling out the ring and sitting down on a knee. She pulls out from her chair and sits down on two knees with me.

She takes hold of my hand and says "Rahul-" I was scared that a rejection is coming out so I blutter out. " If it is a no, let's just stand up together." But she smacks my head and reaches out into her purse and takes out a small velvet box that matches the one am holding.

"I too wanted to say the same words today ' Will you marry me Rahul?" she asks showing me the box and with a huge smile on her face. I try to process the moment that was happening. I get stuck in my place not knowing what to say? I never knew this would happen. Tears were rolling down from each other's eyes.

" Yes!" we both answer each other at the same time. "A lot of Jinx today." She says as she pulls me into a tight hug. Yes, a lot I think in my mind but I don't say it out. We stand on our knees together as we hug each other tightly with no words shared, just sinking into each other's presence.

I really did find my love, as we pull apart from the hug we exchange our rings with crying faces. I hear claps from beside us and turn around to find the previous waitress clapping her hands with a huge smile.

"Am sorry sir and ma'am, I was here for a while, it was too hard for me to disrupt the sweet moment, call us in when you feel everything is done, and also congratulations." She says with a huge smile and leaves us.

We share a laugh after that scene and slowly stand up. But words weren't even coming out, both of us are not ready to talk at all, we hold our hands and stare at each other, with a smile playing on our lips. This is more than anything I could ask for. Unspoken I love you's done sharing, I break the ice.

"Where you going to propose to me by sitting like that?" I ask her out of nowhere.

She nods her head and starts talking "I hate the idea of a man sitting on one knee while the woman gets to stand, if both need to be treated equally then both should be sitting down. But as of my plan, I really did want to propose sitting like that. I mean if I wasn't ready to sit on a knee for my guy. Why even get married?" sounds like typical Meera one of the many other reasons I love her.

After a funfilled and reminiscent night as we reach her apartment.

"So, this is happening, we took another step forward, "she says in a nervous tone.

"Yes, we did," I say turning towards her resting my shoulder on the steering wheel.

"Are you coming?" she asks looking everywhere but me.

"Do you want me to ?" I ask her in return.

"I wouldn't ask if I wanted you to." She deadpans and asks me to come with her again. I say a yes and park the car in the right place.

Once we enter the apartment it takes us no time to kiss each other, It was fast-paced and more or less hot, it went on for a while until our needs overpowered us and we ended up having the sweetest night and unforgettable night ever.

Yes, we will be getting married, really soon. I can't wait for that day.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey! Lovelies 
Happy New Year!
I won't be writing more as I have college to attend in like 45 minutes, So don't you guys forget to tell me how the chapter was!
The next chapter will be out soon Byee!

Any editing mistakes also, point out!

~Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
41.8K 3.7K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
149K 7K 30
#1 in Armyman as on 29/04/2021 #1 in broken as on 21/12/2021 #21 in Chennai as on 29/04/2021 #1 in Chennai as on 20/5/21 #10 in Tamilnadu as on 29/04...
763K 23K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...