His First Strike | ✎

By booksbyrailey

❝ She's like the moon, still managing to shine even when her whole world is dark . ❞ »»---- ⚾ ----«« [ COLLEG... More

i. welcome to HFS
ii. preface & playlist
⚾︎| chapter two
⚾︎| chapter three
⚾︎| chapter four
⚾︎| chapter five
⚾︎| chapter six
⚾︎| chapter seven
⚾︎| chapter eight
⚾︎| chapter nine - part one
⚾︎| chapter ten - part two
⚾︎| chapter eleven
⚾︎| chapter twelve
⚾︎| chapter thirteen
⚾︎| chapter fourteen
⚾︎| chapter fifteen
⚾︎| chapter sixteen
⚾︎| chapter seventeen
⚾︎| chapter eighteen
⚾︎| chapter nineteen
⚾︎| chapter twenty
⚾︎| chapter twenty one
⚾︎| chapter twenty two
⚾︎| chapter twenty three
⚾︎| chapter twenty four
⚾︎| chapter twenty five
⚾︎| chapter twenty six
⚾︎| chapter twenty seven
⚾︎| chapter twenty eight
⚾︎| chapter twenty nine
⚾︎| chapter thirty
⚾︎| chapter thirty one
⚾︎| chapter thirty two
⚾︎| chapter thirty three
⚾︎| chapter thirty four
⚾︎| chapter thirty five
⚾︎| chapter thirty six
⚾︎| chapter thirty seven
⚾︎| chapter thirty eight
⚾︎| chapter thirty nine

⚾︎| chapter one

55K 905 1.8K
By booksbyrailey

KELANI PARKER
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

FLASHBACK 1 YEAR AGO

The most hurtful things always came out of his mouth.

Slut.

Stupid.

Worthless.

Not enough. Man, that one always got me.

I knew he didn't mean it. I knew he loved me. Has a ever put a finger on me? Yes he has.

Most morning I would wake up to him trying to kiss me in bed, apologizing over and over again.

I was so in love, I was so blind, I couldn't see that that it was not okay. It wasn't okay that he hit me, it wasn't okay that he would gaslight me. 24/7.

I would threaten to break up with him and his answer was always the same. He always said he would kill himself if I did.

Of course, I didn't want that. I didn't want to see the person I loved die because of me.

I finally had the courage to break up with him a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, I'm more than okay now.

We had some good memories together, not many. What I remember most about him is the way he talked to me, the way he controlled me. 

My mom knew about it, she was the one who told me to pack my shit and leave.

So that's what I did, I packed everything and now i'm on my way to my home state.

New York. North Shore University, where I've always dreamed of going to school and I finally got accepted.

I know damn well i'll run into him only because my old university and north shore are rivals in baseball, in any sport really. But mostly baseball.

But I sure hope I don't run into him again.

PRESENT
»»———- ⚾ ———-««

I look at the map of the University. No, not look, staring. This campus is so confusing. it's crazy.

"Okay, so if I'm here then-" I muttered to myself. "Fuck." 

I basically have my whole face in this map and schedule. 

I bump into a hard chest, causing me to drop my papers, "Oh, i'm so sorry. Should of watched where I was going." I say picking up the papers without looking up.

Typical.

"It was my bad, i'm in a hurry at the moment." A deep voice says, running away. "Sorry about that!" Another boy says.

Oh well awkward. I look back and examine both of their jackets from far away.

Richards #7

Irwin #21

That one last name sounds, very familiar.

As I walk around, still trying to memorize where everything is, the smell of fresh ground coffee fills the air.  I immediately know where it's coming from, I look over my left shoulder and see my favorite Diner. I've totally forgot about this place ever since I moved.

I walk into Ella's diner and look around. It still looks the same. I inhale and exhale, it also still smells the same, Coffee and maple syrup.

I look around and see quite a few people here on their phone's, with friends, or people just studying. 

I slide into the nearest booth and take out my anatomy homework. Damn first day at North Shore and homework already, no surprise though. They're very strict there.

I set down my pen and I look up and see a really pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hi! Ew i'm so awkward with Hello's, anyways, you looked kind of lonely so I wanted to come sit by you" she extends her hand. "Coco, Coco Rivera."

I laugh at her comment, smile at her and shake her hand back. "Kelani Parker" I reply then put my pen and homework in my bag. 

She gives me a smile, "I know you who you are." I tilt my head to the side a bit, confused on how she knows me. "You're like the best dancer at Yark University." She pulls out the chair, "Can I sit?"

"Yeah, sure go ahead." I insist. I think back, Coco Rivera. It sounds very familiar and then it clicks. My jaw drops. "Holy shit you're Coco Rivera? You beat Jules at Nationals this year!" Jules. We were best friends until I joined the dance team and outshined her. Ever since, she's hated me.

She laughs at my reaction and tosses her hair over her shoulder. "The one and only." She says sarcastically and looks to her left then back at me. "Tell me about it! How pissed was she?" 

"Pissed is a huge understatement." I tell her honestly but actually it's a huge understatement. When Coco received her award, she looked at her like she wanted to kill her.

She looks at the stickers on my laptop and her eyes stop at the Yark University sticker. "Hey," She clears her throat. "Not to be whatever, but aren't you dating Blake Barrett?" She says very cautiously.

And I froze once she said that. I know most of the baseball players here know were dating, but her? I never would have thought a normal student would know. "We're not dating anymore." I can't help but ask how she knows. "How do you know about us. I mean that we were dating?"

She laughs nervously. "I'm pretty sure everyone knows here." She pauses and crosses her legs. "Well, maybe but I only know because I know most of the baseball players here." What she said made me feel a bit better. I hope only the baseball team knows.

I look at the sticker she was staring at and tear it off. She sits up straight in her seat. "So, what are you doing in New York?" Her hand flies to her mouth. "Not that it's a bad thing!"

To get away from him. But I didn't say that I can't say it. "I just wanted to come back home." I shrug taking a small sip from my coffee. It tastes the same as well. "I'm going to college at North Shore now."

Her eyes widened but not too much though. I think I just caught her by surprise. "What the fuck? So, you moved to your ex-boyfriend's rival university? Damn girl." She looks impressed.

I shrug my shoulders and smile. "He was such an asshole anyways." 

She leans back and laughs, "Tell me about it." She agrees, "Hey, is it true he actually cheated in the championship last year?"

I let out a small laugh. She's so honest, she says whatever comes to her mind. I like that. "Yeah, apparently his coach payed the umpire. He didn't really talk about it he just denied it." I snort. "I knew he was lying."

She nods taking all that in. "Wow. Damn." Is all she says. She sits up straighter from her seat. 

I can't help but smile at her, before I can say anything 3 boys, covered in orange dirt open the door. They walk past me and stare at me. I mean glare at me they're probably going to say something like, 'is that Blake's girlfriend.'

"Yo, that's Blake's girlfriend?" One says.

Bingo.

"What the fuck is she doing here" They all whisper.

My smile turns into a frown, "Can yall shut the fuck up?" Coco snaps at them making them walk away.

She lets out a breath. "Jesus."

Coco wasn't a stranger to me. I've went against her many times at dance competitions. She was one of the best dancers I've ever went against. In my opinion she is probably the best dancer as this school.

Coco told me she has 2 best friends, that are guys, and they've known each other since high school. I was surprised when she told me maybe because everyone, I knew in high school I don't even talk to anymore.

"I'm so glad I met you just being around those boys give me a headache" she says while rubbing her temples.

I laugh at her comment. "Me too" I say and smile.

"You should totally meet them! They get on my nerves, but they are fun to be around." she says.

Before I could say anything, I hear a someone yelling Coco's name.

"Coco! hey Coco! How ya been?" a blonde sweaty boy with a baseball uniform comes into the diner yelling trying to hug Coco.

"Ew get the hell off of me your sweaty" Coco says while gagging and trying to push him off

"You literally saw me this morning. Why are you asking how I've been like it's been years." She rolls her eyes and covers her face with her hands. "It just feels like years since I've seen you."

She looks up at him and waves him off. "Get out." 

"You can't even tell me to get out, you're not even working today." He sips on her coffee, and she groans. 

I can't help but giggle a bit

The blonde boys head turns towards me.

Oh shit..Did I laugh weird.

"And who's this pretty girl?" he says while grinning at me then extends his hand. "I'm Dallas" he adds.

I shake his hand back "Kelani Parker" I tell him.

He gasps, "Blake's girlfriend?" He asks me.

Well.

Coco groans out loud, "Ex." She tilts her head back. "Come on Dallas, get with the program dude." 

"Ex-girlfriend." He shakes his head and corrects himself. "Sorry about whatever happened with you guys." He says.

Coco takes out a piece of paper and starts writing on it. "Here is my number, we should hang out sometime!" she says. I take the paper from her and put it inside of my phone case.

Being back in New York, feels so good.

⋆ ˚。⋆˚୨୧˚⋆。˚ ⋆

a message from the author.

okay, it's boring i know. my writing sucks but i promise you guys it gets way better<3.

[ re-written - 11/22/22 ]

[ word count: 1581 ]

rai xox<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 4 24
I choose you. And i'll choose you, over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you ❤ Depsite her darke...
496 7 16
She was the competitive gymnast who felt like no one loved her. He was the baseball player who had loved her for a while. When these two high school...
1.4K 336 46
𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐉. 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐡 wasn't actually born in Tennessee. He grew up forty miles south of the border, in a Mississippi river-town. He live...
339K 9.5K 48
"'Bye.' I say after Edwin's kiss. He gives me a small smile that honestly looks more like a grimace. It makes me a little uncomfortable having him ki...