NIGHT FESTIVAL [제이훈]ᴇɴ⁃

By dwlskysoo

ONLY YOU VER.2 A story of a girl who was forced to wear a mascot at night festival of the school accidentally... More

00: the day we met
01: her name
02: record
03: sticker
04: food and drink
05: your number
07: raining
08: creepy man
09: dream
10: the part you're comfortable
11: bruises
12: hair tie
13: insecure
14: festival
15: red ribbon
16: drop out
17: bouquet & red ribbon
18: you and him
19: give up
20: two birds
21: polaroid love
22: prom
23: leave
24: I love you, Nam Haesoo
25: second chance
26: i want to send you home
27: night club
28: caught you
29: three days
30: happy ending
SPECIAL CHAPTER
SPECIAL CHAPTER 2
SPECIAL CHAPTER 3

06: detention

16.1K 1.8K 2.1K
By dwlskysoo

     "Thank you for today, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon turned his body facing the girl and smiled, "No. Thank you for today, Haesoo. You helped me a lot. I can't do anything without you."

Haesoo lowered her head as she got so shy after listening to his compliment about her. Sunghoon noticed how shy she was right now and couldn't help but chuckle because she was so humble. He held the girl's wrist causing her to look at him blankly and put a chocolate on her palm.

"This is my favorite chocolate."

Haesoo blink her eyes in confusion,
"Then why did you give it to me?"

"It's better to share my favorite things with you."He shortly replied but still could make the girl blush at his words again.

Haesoo walked towards the gate of her house and faced Sunghoon for the last time before they separated.

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye too, Haesoo."

They waved their hand and took a step away, separating from each other as it was already late to go home.

"Haesoo?" Sunghoon called.

"Yes?"

"Will you come to the ice skating competition?"

"Do you want me to come?"She joked but Sunghoon immediately nodded in response.

"I want you to come." He confidently said.

Haesoo just nodded and immediately ran into the house without replying and taking a glance at Sunghoon who was watching him while holding his laughter. Haesoo hid behind the wall, keep shaking her head with her hand on her cheeks as it suddenly got so hot to be with that guy.

"This feels like a dream."

~~

  After a few minutes of taking a shower, Haesoo finally came out from the bathroom and sat on the bed where she put her phone was. She took the phone and raised her eyebrows in confusion when she got a call from Jay. She didn't expect the guy will call her this late-night and she thought Sunghoon was the one who was calling for her since they have just exchanged numbers earlier. Haesoo took a minute to answer and waited for Jay to speak.

"You dummy. Why didn't you answer my call earlier? The phone that I bought for you is not from world war 2. Did you often use public phones instead of mobile phones?"

Haesoo gasped, "Why are you so mad at me, Jay? Chill..."

"It's because you didn't answer my call."

"Alright. I'm sorry. What do you want to talk about?"

"Man magazine--"

"No. Not again." Haesoo immediately ended the call and laid on the bed. After a minute, Jay called for her again.

"Why did you skip the detention? Mrs.Jang was calling for everyone earlier and only you and Sunghoon haven't replied to the text."

Haesoo lost her words and started to stutter,
"Did she search for me--?"

"Of course. Since you skipped the detention, Mrs.Jang forced Jiyoon to replace you to get the penalty tomorrow. Jiyoon was crying so bad and begging the teacher like there's no tomorrow."

"She got the penalty because of you."

"What--- Where's the conversation? Let me reply--"

"Jiyoon told me. She called me earlier."

"Then... Did she need to get the penalty because of me?" Haesoo started to be so guilty over Jiyoon, the innocent and quiet kid from her class.

"Yes. It's the first time Jiyoon get the penalty. Pity her."

"When will she get the--"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But---"

"Then, do you want the innocent kid to replace you?"

"No. I will come to the school tomorrow and let myself get the penalty. I don't want to ruin Jiyoon that way. I will come."

"Good then. Glad that you know your fault."

"Thank you for telling me, Jay."

"Are you going to the school tomorrow?"

"Yes. So, just wait for me--"

"Yeah." He ended the call without any hesitation leaving Haesoo hanging.

~~

"I'm so sorry, Sunghoon. I don't think I can meet you today. Something happens to me in school. So, Can we just meet on the competition day?"

"I'm so excited to skate with you... but it's okay. It's urgent anyway. I hope everything will go well."

"As long as you're going to attend the competition day, I'm happy and excited to show my skills. Thank you, Haesoo. Let's meet again tomorrow."

"Good luck, Sunghoon! Do the best for us!"

Sunghoon chuckled, "Thank you."

"Goodbye! I just arrived in school."

"Alright. Bye--"

Without Haesoo could end the call with Sunghoon, Jay suddenly interrupted from behind by pulling her hair causing her to scream and accidentally let go of the phone from her hand. Haesoo rubbed her scalp and immediately grabbed her phone before fastening her steps towards Jay.

"Jay, you're such a jerk."

"Jay!"

Jay ignored her presence, walking into the classroom while listening to a song by using his ear pods.

~~

"Jiyoon? Where's Jiyoon?" Haesoo asked her classmates curiously after putting her bag on the chair. She stood in front of the class, looking for Jiyoon anxiously. Jay was just watching her without saying anything and glued his eyes at the sky when their eyes met.
As Haesoo approached him, he quickly rest his head on the table and shut his eyes, pretending to sleep because he didn't want to talk to her.

"Jiyoon went to the detention room." Someone replied making Haesoo widen her eyes. She immediately ran out of the classroom, headed towards the detention room without minding others who were looking at her weirdly.

Jay took a glance at the door after she left and smiled. He stood up, headed to the detention room to see what will happen to Haesoo and Jiyoon. He walked through the hallway with his hand in the pocket and leaned his back against the wall with his eyes fixed on Haesoo who was standing in front of the detention room. She was hesitant to open the door after she heard a conversation between Jiyoon and Mrs.Jang in the room.

"No, Haesoo. You can do this." She let out a deep breath and opened the door. Before she could step into the room, Jiyoon suddenly appeared in front of her as she was about to go out of the room.

Jay took out his phone, recording the moment while holding his laughter.

"Jiyoon, are you okay?" Haesoo grabbed the girl's wrist and looked into her eyes anxiously.

Jiyoon widened her eyes as she was speechless.
"Haesoo..."

"Why did you take the penalty for me? I'm so worried about you. This is so wrong."

Jiyoon looked at Haesoo in confusion and gasped when Haesoo held her tears.

"Haesoo, why did you cry?"

"Because I feel so guilty." She wiped her tears.

"You got the penalty from Mrs.Jang because of me. This is so wrong--"

Jiyoon stopped Haesoo, "What do you mean, Haesoo? I didn't get any penalty from Mrs.Jang."

Haesoo was speechless. "Then why did you..."

"Mrs.Jang called for me because she wants me to inform everyone about homework that she wants us to do since she needs to go to the appointment later."

"Haesoo, I didn't get any penalty and you did nothing wrong. So, don't cry."

Haesoo bit her lips, "But... Jay said that you called him last night. Jay said to me that you're going to--"

"Haesoo, I didn't even have his number and we're not even close." Jiyoon corrected her.

"I need to go now. You should go back to the classroom." Jiyoon let go of Haesoo and went towards the classroom, leaving the girl with Jay.

Haesoo wiped her tears and took a step to the classroom but her step stopped when she caught Jay who was recording her. He was giggling so hard after seeing her face. He zoomed in her face, teasing her by mocking her crying face.

"Look. Who just got fooled?" Jay smiled, still glued his eyes at her from the camera. Haesoo bit her lips and ran towards Jay before grabbing his wrist and taking the phone away from him.

"What the hell--" Jay spoke and grabbed Haesoo to take the phone back.

"Did you just lie to me? About Jiyoon and detention thing?" She asked Jay angrily, still holding the phone. Jay pouted his lips,
"What do you think?"

"Jay, what's your problem?"

"Ask yourself. What's your problem?" Jay replied.

Haesoo threw the phone to him and took a step away, leaving him alone.

Jay sighed heavily, "Do you need to throw my phone, dummy?"

Haesoo ignored him.

"You dummy, Nam Haesoo."

"Stupid, Haesoo."

She stopped on her way again and turned her body facing him.

"What do you want from me, Jay?

Jay approached her and stopped right in front of her.

"I don't want anything from you." He calmly replied with eyes locked on her.

"Then why did you always pick a fight with me? Why did you ruin everything?" Haesoo asked him curiously, still holding her anger.

"Sometimes you're good to me but at the same time, you acted like a jerk. I don't understand you."

"Jay, I'm supposed to go out with Sunghoon today. I was so happy to spend my day with him but because of your prank, I was here."

"This supposed to be my great day."

Jay crossed his arm,
"That's it."

Haesoo looked into his eyes.

"That's why I pick a fight with you today. I know that this will happen." He replied calmly.

"What do you mean, Jay?"

Jay reached his hand to her head and patted it.

"You have a brain. Use it to think of the answer."

He said and walked away.

~~
𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰
don't forget to vote and comment
(っ^▿^)
you guys are the best!^^
~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 45.7K 28
a story of a girl who loves to go to the playground just to see her crush every 9 at night ended up facing a crisis in her life. She was struggling t...
108K 7.1K 41
❝𝟏𝟏:𝟏𝟏,❞ ❝𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧!❞ 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 �...
113K 5.9K 18
Jake feels that he has never been in love but things change when he realizes his feelings for his long time best friend, Sunghoon. or Watch as both J...
342K 19.5K 67
She thought going to college that she'll finally escape the nightmare of highschool. But it's proven wrong as her long time bully was there too, a bu...