Royal Republic

By Feransela8

A secret dimension called "The Lost World" where magic casters such as wizards, sorcerers and the like fight... More

Chapter 2:An Expected Meeting
Chapter 3:The Grand Ball?
Chapter 4:The Prince of Elsiera
Chapter 5:The Special Department
Chapter 6:Reminiscence
Chapter 7:Entering the Lost World!
Chapter 8:A Mysterious Shadow
Chapter 9:Wrath of the Rain God
Chapter 10:Accursed Destiny
Chapter 11:The Lavaliere's Secret
Chapter 12:Night of the Full Moon
Chapter 13:The Truth Behind the Shadows
Chapter 14:Infernal Abyss
Chapter 15:Beyond the Horizon, A New Journey Begins

Chapter 1:The Day it All Began

214 6 0
By Feransela8

"My beloved child, I hope you grow up well. Be strong for you will be encountering many challenges that will test your faith. There is nothing in this world that you should be afraid of. Just listen to your heart and your destiny will guide you." I can hear someone speaking...Is it mom?... no.

Huh? What is that?... the woman before my eyes gave me something.

I can't clearly see her face, Who is she? my surroundings are really blurry I can't even see what she gave me.

There was also someone beside her, I can tell that they're both wearing a smile on their faces. Just who are these people?--

Ugh! I suddenly felt someone shaking my body, and it made me come to my senses.

♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘

"Reanna!...Re-an-na!" I can hear my mom shouting at me as I woke up.

"Mom! Why so early?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"Early? You're gonna be late for school. Get up and get dressed, I already prepared breakfast."

"Okay okay, I got it!" I pouted.

As I get dressed, I noticed the pendant that my mom gave to me. I was really curious about it. She told me that she got it for me when I was still a baby. I wonder where she bought it, It looks pretty and I want to give her something like that too. How can I? This pendant looks really expensive.

"Reanna!! Hurry up! Rey is waiting for you!"

Oh! Rey is already there... Geez! mom always scold me. But I would'nt blame her for that, I know that she just does that for my sake anyway, that's what I love about her the most ♥. She's very caring and gentle... at times.

As for Rey he's my childhood friend, the one that's always there for me and I'm glad that we both study in the same school. But it was quite useless when I found out that he's in a different section.

"Good morning Reanna!" Rey greets me, wearing a smile on his face.

"Good morning!" I replied as I went outside with him.

"Be safe and be good at school." Mom said while waving goodbye to us as we leave the house. I waved my hands back at her as I walked away.

______________________________________

I'm currently living in the kingdom of Elsiera and it is also where my school, "The Arisiera Academy" is. Magic is really common to us and we are all striving to become better magicians.

"Reanna, I heard that you will be studying in the special department too?" Rey asked me.

"Ye...Yes! But I don't know why, the principal just do whatever she wants. I mean, does she even know me? Why would she choose me to study in the special department? I don't even have a royal blood, I'm just a useless girl." I replied bluntly.

There are two departments in our school, the chemical department is where students study and train with artificial magic using spell books and chemicals. As for the special department, it's where students with royal blood within them study and train using their supernatural powers. Meaning the students in the special department have magical powers since they were born.

"You're not useless! But when we speak about having a royal blood, it does make sense." He startled me with those words. I knew that he can always make me feel better somehow.

"Thanks!" I said to him.

On our way to school, we saw people who are building houses using their magic to lift up heavy things. We also saw bakers who bake the dough while making the other baking tools move on their own! And most of all, people who are making medicines using the spells that they found from a spell book. It was quite a sight, magic can really do anything. It's pretty useful too.

But I wonder, what if magic doesn't exist? What will happen to these people? Never mind.

We successfully arrived to school on time. I saw a lot of students outside, they must be pretty late too.

''Oh, there's my room over there! See you later!" I smiled at Rey before we went different ways.

There is no special class today, they said that it was because the royalties are preparing for something. Well then I guess I better go to my class. Mira-sensei will scold me if I'm late. She is very kind but if you make her angry, you're dead.

When I entered the classroom, I already saw a lot of students practicing their magic. Some of them are already seen floating in mid-air. You can also see others creating barriers. I was entertained by that, I can't take my eyes off of them. I really want to study more about magic and to do that as well, I must fight those what they called "monsters".

"Class, please settle down." Mira-sensei entered the classroom as she walks up to the center.

It became surprisingly quiet for awhile. This must be the power entrusted to the adults! Just kidding.

"Today, we will be learning about the origins of magic." She was very serious about it. But I can tell that this lesson is really interesting, why? It's because I have been questioning myself about it for a long time. Where do magic come from? When did they exist? And others.

"I bet all of you wants to say that it was created by wizards, of course!" She said when she noticed my classmate raising his hand. After that he got disappointed and started to bring down his hand, I felt sorry for him though.

"Of course... not! Wizards did'nt create it. They are just the ones who spread the knowledge about it. Magic originated from the ancient runes that was found in the other world. The legend says that it was given to us by the heavenly beings."

The heavenly beings? Like angels or something? Speaking of ancient runes, how can magicians read them? I've seen the runes in books but I can't understand them. Unless they have someone with them that has skills for that. This is really interesting, I need to learn more about it.

____________________________________

"Oy!" Rey shouted as he ran towards me.

"Hi Rey! Look... LOOK! I got a perfect score from today's pop quiz!" I showed him my aced pop quiz.

"Wow! Now, that's an achievement.'' He said with a wide grin.

"Hahahaha!" I laughed as I forced a smile at him. Okay! I know that I'm not that intelligent, but I must try my best to do well in magic! That's me, being modest.

When he noticed that I was irritated and that I'm going to punch him, he started to ran away.

"You were kind this morning!" I shouted to him as we ended up playing tag. Geez! This is what friends do right? But I can tell that he's also proud of me so I'll let him off this time.

"Reanna!" My mom shouted cheerfully as she welcomed me back home.

"I'll be going now, bye!" Rey said his goodbye before he left to go home. I also said goodbye to him afterwards.

Mom asked me to cook dinner while she takes care of the laundry. I love to cook and it's what I'm good at anyway.

"Ouch!" I cried as I accidentally cut a wound on my hands. That's odd, I'm usually good at handling knives. I watched the blood flow as I washed it with water. If this was food color, I'd say it looked like blood. But it's not.

There was suddenly a big flash of light in front of me, what is it? It looks like a portal or something. Looks like I can reach in. I tried to enter it out of curiousity...

___________________________________

What is this... where am I? A garden? Wow! There's a lot of weird looking flowers here. Even though I haven't seen these kinds of flowers, they sure look beautiful. Wait... Is that a fountain? Yes it is! It has a statue in the middle too.

There was so much beautiful scenery, I was more excited when I saw millions of stars above, it's like heaven! Is this the place what Mira-sensei was talking about? But where are the ancient runes? Maybe it's hidden somewhere here.

But before I try finding it, I need to enjoy this place first! I don't know but this place gives me great joy. I have a feeling that I can relax my mind here. I laid down and closed my eyes just for a moment.

"You! What are you doing here?" There was a voice shouting behind me. I opened my eyes and I saw a strange-looking boy. He was wearing a weird-looking outfit. Who is he? He must be living around here. He's wearing a mask so I can't see his face.

"This is not a place to play around! It's dangerous here, get out of here and never return!" He said.

"Wait! Who do you think you are?! I found this place and it's none of your business if I want to be here!" I shouted at him. His attitude ticks me off.

"First of all, how did you even get here?" He said.

"I told you, It's none of your business!" I can't help it, he was just so rude to me. I also don't know where I am or how I can get back. Even so, he doesn't have the right to be so noisy!

"Just don't go here anymore. If you do, you'll have your life be taken away. This is not a place for people like you." He warns me as he slowly disappeared in the shadows.

I didn't know that there were also people who knew about this place. Is it just me? Or it's just that he's warning me about something else... never mind that, I need to get home. Wait, but how?

My pendant suddenly glowed and the portal started to appear with it. I was transported back at my house. Even if I tell my mom what happened, she wouldn't believe me. It's better if I kept this a secret.

How could that happen? My pendant is a portal to the other world?

"Reanna, are you alright? Your hand is bleeding!" my mom got startled as she entered the kitchen and saw my bleeding hand from the misuse of the knife.

"It's okay mom, I already washed it." I said.

"No it's not, come, I'll treat your wounds before it becomes infected."

__________________________________

I told mom that I'm already okay but she insisted to cook dinner instead. I went outside to get some cool air for a bit. And then I found Rey there, maybe I can tell him what happened. But I doubt that he would'nt believe me. Still, I need to try. It feels like I was dreaming.

"Oy!" Rey shouted as he approached me.

"Hi Rey!" I said to him with a cheerful smile.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked.

"I'm just getting some cool air while waiting for dinner, as you can see I got wounded while cooking so mom insisted to cook for me instead." I replied.

"I see, does it hurt?" he asks with a worried face.

"Of course it does, but I can handle it." I said.

I started to explain what happened after I got the wound. But he doesn't believe me as expected. I mean who would even believe me If I tell them that I was suddenly transported to another place because of my wound right? Even if magic is common to us, it's just really impossible to create another dimension. And that place seems too weird. The boy from before said it was dangerous and my life would get taken away. But it looked so peaceful to me.

"Reanna! dinner is ready" my mom said.

"I'm coming!"

I said goodbye to Rey and started to go back at the house. The food looks very delicious, I can't help but eat a lot. That made mom very happy. She said that I should eat more so that my wounds would heal faster. I know she's only saying that so I can finish my food and not waste any.

The truth is that I can't really eat freely at school. Girls always start to gossip about me wherever I go. I really hate it whenever I hear them speaking aboout me. What did I ever do to them that made them angry towards me?

Even though Mira-sensei is scary sometimes, at least she understands me. I want to show them all what I am capable at, I will train hard to become a better magician so that they would never bully me again!

__________________________________

"Good night." my mom flips the switch before leaving the room.

I can't sleep, I can't help thinking about that place. Is it really what Mira-sensei was talking about? and more importantly, who was that rude guy I just met? I hope I don't meet him again!

I have a feeling that I need to go there again, there is something that is echoing inside my heart that it's a very important place. Maybe if I go there, I can finally find my lost memories of the past. I don't know, I'm still too curious.

The truth is, I don't know everything about mom. The only thing I knew about her is that she's my "mom" and that's it. I don't know her very well, I don't even know who my father is. All about my parents are a mystery, that's why I try to learn magic to find out.

How can I open that portal again? And if I really meet him again, I need to ask him about that place. I also need to tell Mira-sensei about it, even if she wouldn't believe me, at least I need to get more information.

I was in deep thoughts, I didn't even notice the time. It was already really late and I need to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 1
One day, the Kingdom of Silver gets attacked by the minions of the black witch Maya, leaving the king and queen to make a heartbreaking decision... S...
465 37 35
Three people from different dimensions(the dimensions are sort of like planets, but they have life on them, arrived at a dimension called Earth, beca...
111 37 19
* ONC 2023 Shortlister * "She caught the eye of one of the horsemen, and something in his face caused her to pause mid-step. The man he was standing...
180 5 7
In a future, centuries on from our time. On an angry world since wracked by the consequences of our folly, humankind endures. Upon the rubble and mem...