Inciting Secrets

By VanillaLust

St. Farlington's Manor. The most prestigious boarding school in England. Veneered with disciple, prosperity a... More

Introduction
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 8

628 32 37
By VanillaLust

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G S E C R E T S
caput octō ❝what are you staring at❞
━━━━━━━━

"I WISH I could go home for the weekend," Acari complained as he stared at Draven, who was backing his bag. "I mean go to your home for the weekend, I would rather stay here than go to mine."

Draven placed his shower bag inside, before looking through to see if you put his toothbrush inside, "Then stay here because I'm certainly not bringing you home."

"Rude. Now you're leaving me with Kyros, and Zhang isn't going to be here too." Acari sulked, "I can't believe you're leaving me with Kyros, he's more stuck up than you."

Draven shook his head, throwing his boxers, without folding them, "My parents don't want another child in the house. I think they have enough of the baby."

"Baby Sofia is cute, unlike you. I feel so sorry for that child, what did she do to have an uncle so grumpy and stuck up?" Acari chuckled, "I bet she cries when she sees you."

Draven zipped up his bag and then strolled to get his school bag. Today, after class finished, Draven was going to drive back home. The dinner with the Daher's was this weekend so he needed to be home today. Before going to the lesson, he would take his bags to his car, so that he wouldn't be late. Draven had a bad track record of never arriving on time. He would always arrive at the house past midnight when everyone was asleep, or sometimes just after dinner finished.

"Just be quiet and get up, go to your lesson." Draven taunted smacking his shins, as Acari lay fully clothed with shoes on his bed and his feet crossed.

"Nah, I'm taking a day off today." Draven furrowed his brows at his stupidity, "I submitted my UCAS application last night and I need rest. For mental health purposes, Dre. Now stop giving me that look and go put your stuff in your car."

He wasn't sure if Acari was serious or not. Draven simply thought his logic was outrageous and didn't make sense. "By sleeping right? You better not be up to some other shit."

"Yes, by sleeping. And that, by myself alone, in your bed. It's just better than mine and my room is cold." He replied slowly as if Draven didn't hear him properly the first time. "What else would I do?"

"That's fine, last time you were in here you decided to get very drunk." Draven pointed out trying to wash out the memory at the same time.

"Yeah, we don't speak of that. Now, please leave. Thank you."

Draven picked up his bags and scanned the room to see if he missed anything, as he wouldn't be returning after classes finished. Before turning the handle, he looked back, "Don't go through my things. And stay out of trouble." Acari nodded his head and watched Draven leave the room.

It was lunchtime, meaning Draven didn't have to rush to class after he put his luggage in the back of his car. Many students were either in the canteen or sat outside on the grounds of The Manor. It was quiet today but the rain didn't help the situation. The weather was gloomy, which wasn't quite surprising at all.

Draven didn't take very long to reach his car. The car park was a few minutes away from The Wards. Draven passed when he was seventeen and his father recently got him a Mercedes' GT63S, a supercar Draven has always wanted and that he earned. It was black and the interior was matching. It was Draven's prized possession. He opened up the truck and flung his bag inside.

Draven made his way back to the school and went straight to class, as it would be starting anytime soon.

Zhang had already made his way back home, his boyfriend had picked him up at the start of lunch and he would drop him off at the house. He didn't have any lessons in the afternoon and couldn't wait to get home.

Draven and Zhang never went home together, nor did they arrive at SFM together. Draven preferred going alone, and because he ran errands Zhang wasn't interested in.

The bell rang to notify students lessons will begin in a minute. Draven stepped into the corridor, where a few students made their way into the classrooms. The door was opened and Mrs Doyle stood at the door, brows furrowed, gawking at a couple of students in the hallway:

"Mr Whittemore, in your seat immediately," She ordered, slamming the door, after signalling people to get to their lessons. "Right, I have marked your end of unit assessment and it's safe to say, I'm quite surprised."

History wasn't an easy subject, it was brutal and the exams weren't a piece of cake. Draven placed his backpack down and sat in his seat and whilst watching Ileana write down the date in her notebook.

Draven noticed that the mention of the recent assessment caused Ileana to give no reaction, she didn't even look up at the professor.

"I'll hand them out, I gave feedback to you all and I need you guys to correct them for the next half an hour. Go through them with your partner as you may have similar mistakes." The teacher announced, picking up the pile of papers and walking around her desk, with her heels clicking the wooden floors. "We shouldn't be slacking at all, you don't have a lot of time and there's still so much to cover."

Ileana sat up, as Mrs Doyle went around the room. She gave small comments to those who didn't do too well and congratulated those who exceeded expectations. She stood in front of Aurelia, with an unexpected smile.

Aurelia turned back to Ileana as the teacher stepped away. "Can you believe it?" She mouthed, causing Ileana to laugh, as she held up the paper with a C stamped in red. This was great for her, especially when she never paid attention.

Mrs Doyle ambled to the desk Draven and Ileana were sitting behind. She placed Ileana's assessment in front of her with the front-facing down, so the grade was visible. "Miss Daher, what is happening? This isn't your best, I didn't expect you to be doing so poorly."

Ileana felt nothing but shock. She was baffled by her teacher's comment as this was the first time someone had ever told her she wasn't improving. Ileana was hesitant to see the marks, and it didn't help Draven was sitting next to her.

"Mr Whittemore, you should try and help your partner instead of arguing with her in class discussions. But well done, I'd hate to see both A* students failing. This is a strict time for you both, Ileana you need to work harder." She sternly said, disappointment written all over her face, despite Draven doing well.

Ileana flipped the paper to see a D. She couldn't believe what was before her eyes. "Shit Amari, What the fuck happened to you?"

Draven sniggered as he was pleased he got his A. He flicked through the pages and scanned his minor mistakes. Ileana's eyes travelled to his paper and she couldn't help but feel jealous.

Ileana was jealous that Draven was doing better than her. She didn't just get lower, she was practically failing.

"How did this happen?" She mumbled and shook her head in disbelief.

"You really should stop spending time discovering shit you're not supposed to, and perhaps spend more time studying," Draven spoke, his cocky voice interrupting the conversation Ileana was having with herself.

"No one asked for your opinion," Ileana replied, she wasn't in the mood and didn't need Draven to rub it in her face. "Keep it to yourself Whittemore, or don't say it at all. No one cares."

Draven chuckled and put his paper in his folder as he didn't have many things to correct. "This was an easy topic, how did you not get it? Something on your mind?"

Ileana suddenly shifted in her seat, looking directly at Draven with rage, "Shut the fuck up. You conceited swine, don't you have anything else to do?"

"My God, I should get you pissed off more often," Draven smirked as he found Ileana angry, quite amusing.

The next hour was beyond awful. Sitting beside Draven as he made jokes about getting low grades, was the least entertaining thing Ileana went through.

She was flabbergasted at her performance in the exam. She always revised and was studying. She put her blood, sweat and tears into all her subjects and was genuinely troubled by this. It upset her because she also had to take these grades back to her parents, and didn't know how to explain them.

Draven on the other hand wasn't surprised about his grades. This was bound to happen, he had always been confident and never once thought he couldn't do it.

"I would help you..." Draven opened his mouth, but Mrs Doyle cut his sentence short.

Ileana and Draven both looked to the front as her voice echoed in the classroom, "No, Mr Whittemore. You will help your partner as she does need it, now more than ever. I expect to see a massive improvement in the next assessment. You should try tuition, maybe revise in the library together."

As the teacher suggested ways that would help Ileana, all she felt was shame. She didn't want to listen to the teacher, as she advised Draven to tutor her. It was a ludicrous idea, one that wouldn't end well.

Students left the classroom and Mrs Doyle walked out of the just as it ended, leaving both Draven and Ileana alone.

"I don't need your help." Ileana asserted, whilst putting her pencil case in her bag, glaring at Aurelia who was standing at the door waiting for her.

Ileana strode around the table, "Sure you don't, Amari." Draven noted as she left the room. "They all say that." And then picked up his phone to ring his sister as she had called him before.

He left the building, and his dieter finally decided to pick up the phone, "I swear down if I hear a baby cry, I'm going to put the phone down."

*********

Ileana was patiently waiting for the driver to come, she was standing outside the school's entrance with her suitcase. Every minute she would look at the time, and yet no driver had come to pick her up. Her parents were at work and there was no way that they would never pick up, especially if they knew about her coming back home. They had made the arrangements, so wouldn't have expected a call from her.

Time was ticking, and Ileana was getting more impatient. She was unsure as to why the driver hadn't come. Was there traffic or was he not going to come at all?

Ileana's legs started to ache and the longer she stood up, the colder they were becoming. I guess wearing long socks wasn't going to save her from the winter weather.

She cocked her head to see the wooden bench near her. Before sitting down she observed if there was any wood sticking out, as that could result in a splinter. She lay her scarf on the seat and sat down carefully. Surely the driver wouldn't take a long time.

Now that the day was here, Ileana was quite pleased. She was excited to see her parents, and because this occasion was for her fathers business, therefore it meant she was going to see him a lot. Kemal Daher was an extremely busy man, who rarely saw his daughter due to his heavy schedule. So Ileana couldn't wait to see her father, as he couldn't wait to meet her too.

Ileana rested her head back and closed her eyes. She had a long day from lessons and a car ride she didn't want to take, knowing what was in store for her this weekend.

Suddenly a car stopped and Ileana couldn't be happier. The driver was here, meaning she could finally get home. But to her dismay, she looked to see Draven's car in front of her. His car stopped in front of her and he rolled the window down.

"Ah Amari, don't you look so good sitting alone?" He chuckled, taking his hand off his steering wheel. Ileana stood up at his words immediately and narrowed her eyes in anger. "Did your parents decide they don't want you to? What a shame?"

Ileana turned to grab her suitcase, "My driver is on his way. Drive along," She replied as she waved the strands of hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "And do me a favour and hit your car into that tree, I'm truly in need of some entertainment."

"You're funny," Draven sarcastically smirked before returning to his emotionless face. Ileana couldn't stop but look at how he shifted his expression so quickly. "Get in the car."

"I don't think so, Whittemore. My driver is coming so how about you fuck off. You're giving me a headache." Ileana rolled her eyes, before looking at her phone.

She couldn't possibly get in the car with Draven Whittemore. Anyone but him. Ileana couldn't stand looking at his face let alone sit in the same car. Hell, she didn't even want to see him before the dinner, which didn't help since they attended the same school. Plus, her parents had sent their driver to SFM to pick her up.

"Get in the car, Amari." Draven said sternly, "I'll drop you off. Your driver would have come by now, so get in the fucking seat before I drag you myself."

Ileana shook her head, "No, I'm good."

Draven turned the car off, took his seat belt off and stepped out of the car before shutting his door carefully, making sure he didn't slam it.

"I'm hardly a stranger and I don't bite." He stood in front of her with his arms folded, eyeing her suitcase which she was holding onto tightly.

Ileana took a deep breath, "I will wait. I am not getting in your car. I don't know you enough to sit in your car."

Draven furrowed his brows and sniggered, "Well, I know exactly who you are. So, get in the damn car." He grabbed onto the handle of her suitcase. His hand was placed on top of Ileana's, who quickly moved it when she felt his lukewarm hands on her skin.

"Whittemore, you can't force me to do anything." Ileana challenged, watching Draven grab his phone that was in the cup holder of the car through the window that was opened. He reached it and then leaned on the car, unlocking his phone.

"Oh I know I definitely can't, not that I'm planning to, but maybe your father will. Just one call and I'm sure he'll think it's a fantastic idea. He trusts me." Draven explained, knowing that her father wouldn't give her a second to think about it. Ileana's father would think it's quite acceptable for this to happen. It was his trusted business partner's son.

Ileana widened her eyes, "Don't."

"Why not?" Draven replied as he scrolled through his contacts trying to find her fathers name.

He stopped, "They're busy. My father doesn't need you or me disturbing him. Don't you dare ring or message him, Whittemore."

"Get in the car then." Ileana breathed out in resentment but knew she just had to get in the car with him. Despite knowing she'd suffer, it was the only alternative to get home and she wouldn't have to trouble her parents. "Don't you trust me?"

"Please, you're the last person I trust. I would rather walk home than sit for an hour in your presence." Ileana shot back.

Trust. The five-letter word held a lot of power. Ileana certainly didn't like Draven but was unsure about trusting him. You shouldn't trust someone you hate, but Ileana didn't not trust Draven. Especially in this situation. "But it sucks that my parents trust you. I swear to god, you better not drive stupidly."

Draven grabbed her belongings, after opening the backdoor and threw her suitcase carelessly. "Jerk," Ileana muttered before strolling around the car to get to the front seat.

She was going to regret this. Ileana already knew this was a bad idea before stepping into the vehicle. The Whittemore's house was roughly thirty minutes away from where Ileana lived. It made sense that Draven would drop her off. Nevertheless, the fact she was going to be with Draven for the hour, churned her stomach. She wanted to rip her hair out with her bare hands. Ileana wasn't happy but she had no other option.

Ileana sat and observed the car. It was clean, it was as if this car hadn't been in use. The interior was pristine, not a fingerprint or a scratch. She was quite surprised at how Draven managed to keep it so tidy. The smell of leather was quite prominent and made the car seem as if it was brand new from the workshop.

Seconds later, Draven silently got in and stared at Ileana. He shook his head to see her tugging on the seat belt. It was stuck and it pissed Draven off. He wasn't annoyed that it was stuck, he was only alarmed that she was pulling on the strap hard and without any car.

"The fuck are you doing," Draven spoke loudly, making Ileana startled as she didn't hear him come in, as she was so focused on fighting with the seat belt.

Draven didn't waste a minute and reached over. His long, exposed arm grabbed the strap and Ileana watched his every movement. Surprisingly the belt was no longer stuck, he smoothly pulled on it, fastening it around her and locking it in. Ileana was too stunned to speak.

"When you do stupid things, it makes me wonder. How did you ever land a place at this school?" Draven insulted, "You're so dense."

His words made Ileana sulk. Was this because she wasn't getting good grades in her history assessments? She knew Draven wanted to throw it in her face more. "I could say the same about you but your father probably paid your way in here, which I'm not surprised. Have you done anything in life by yourself?"

Draven ignored her and started the ignition. He looked into his mirrors, whilst both hands were clenched tightly around the steering wheel. The veins on his hands popped out and ran through his arm. He drove out of the school, with his eyes fixed on the road.

"What are you staring at?" Draven felt Ileana's eye observe his driving. He gave a glance into her direction, before halting at a red light.

Ileana shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes, before extending her arm. She started fiddling with the heating and wasn't succeeding. "I didn't say you can come into my car and start messing shit around. Do not touch anything you're not supposed to."

"But it's cold," Ileana stated the obvious, still trying to put seat warmers on.

Draven lifted his hand from the wheel and made its way to the touch screen where Ileana was playing around with the settings. He wrapped his hand around hers, his soft fingers pushing onto her skin gently, "Hands to yourself." He lifted her hands away, making Ileana scrunch her face. "It's not cold, stop complaining. I don't want to hear your voice."

Ileana turned her head to look outside at the view. It wasn't amazing, but anything was better than Draven's face. All of a sudden, Ileana felt the cold hit her cheek. The icy breeze caused Ileana to pull her skirt further down to cover her half-naked legs. Because her hair wasn't tied, strands drifted to her face. She moved them out of the way and looked to her side to see that Draven had opened his window.

"You've got to be kidding me. You did that on purpose." Ileana called out and Draven didn't bother taking notice of what she said. "Close it."

Draven tilted his head, "I'm warm, and I am the driver. My priorities are more important than yours right now, that's if you do want to go home safely."

It hadn't even been twenty minutes yet and Ileana already couldn't take it anymore. It was also starting to get ridiculously quiet. Her phone was close to dying and using her headphones wouldn't be appropriate, as she might need her phone for an emergency.

"Do you have a CD? Any music in here? This is so boring, I might just fall asleep." Ileana questioned and Draven gave her a dead look.

"Does it look like I listen to music whilst I drive?" Ileana didn't know if she should answer him. She was weirded out that he didn't. This confirmed his lifeless personality more. "I don't want to listen to any crap."

Ileana contemplated putting the radio on, but knew the second she lay her finger on the button, Draven would start spitting fire. She knew guys had an obsession with their cars, but Draven was a strange one.

She hasn't sat with many guys. Draven was probably the first one she sat in the car with, who wasn't related to her. Even then, it wasn't like Ileana had family near her. She hardly knew her cousins, they were practically nonexistent.

Many girls who were in a similar situation to Ileana, would have insanely freaked out and maybe never have gotten into the car at all. But Ileana was almost calm about it. Yes, she was a little dramatic, but she didn't think Draven was capable of anything but driving her home. As much as she loathed him, Ileana was convinced he would do exactly that. In fact, you wouldn't even need to convince her.

Yeah, Draven was the biggest egomaniac alive but he wasn't stupid.

The car stopped at a queue, traffic in London was horrendous and Draven became frustrated. Ileana witnessed his struggle to keep the road rage at bay, but the slow drivers in front of him weren't helping.

"You better get comfortable, you aren't going to get up for another hour, maybe more if we are unlucky," Draven mumbled and then straightened out in his seat, tapping his fingertips on the steering wheel. Patience was key, and something Draven lacked.

"Why would you even come this way?" Ileana drew her lips in a line, before resting her head in her hand which was leaning on the window rim.

"Because I like it," Draven pointed out, mocking her question as he thought it was quite dumb of her to ask, especially when she isn't the one driving. "You sit at the back when you come and go, so how about you shut up and let me drive without nagging."

Ileana tolerated her remarks, shaking her head at his words, "Just get me home as quick as you can."

"Well no, I'm gonna drop you off at the zoo. It's totally where you belong but I guess your parents' house will do." He chuckled, staring at Ileana as he referred to her as an animal.

"I'm sure they have a great place for you too. Right next door to the monkeys. You don't look far off and I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms. You'd fit right in," She proclaimed, folding her arms with her eyes on the hectic congestion.

"How long have you waited to say that to me? You sound like a five-year-old." Draven scoffed, putting his foot on the gas slightly.

The car moved a few centimetres, and the lights beamed red again. Another hour or more, Ileana didn't sign up for this and neither did Draven. As minutes passed, Ileana wasn't getting jaded. The atmosphere was lifeless.

Ileana leaned forward and grabbed the latch of the glove compartment, "Don't you have any..." Abruptly Draven barged in, preventing her from seeing what was inside. He slammed it shut.

"I don't have anything in there," His voice boomed, clearly offended and enraged. "Amari, there's nothing in there for you. What do you want?"

Ileana jumped at his sudden actions. She knew she shouldn't have even thought about looking in there. Ileana had no right to try and go through his car without his permission. However, she didn't like how Draven screamed at her for it. She felt somewhat ashamed.

"I just..." Ileana spoke but cut herself off and leaned back in the seat. Draven didn't reply but proceeded to carry on driving.

The traffic was starting to move and silence was becoming more deafening than before. Ileana's phone ringtone pinged and a message from her friends' group chat.

A: R u home now?
L: She doesn't live ten minutes away. Dumbass. Ft us when you get home. Be safe!
A: Yh do that.
L: Aurie, where are you? I'm about to pray so you better not disturb me.

Ileana put her phone down after glancing at the messages. She thought it would just be more convenient to reply to them once she was home. Besides, her phone was dying, so she didn't want to waste the little she had, whilst texting them.

Draven turned the car into the gas station, turned the ignition off and took off his seat belt. Grabbing his wallet, he opened his door and slipped out carefully making sure the door didn't hit the petrol pump. He shut the door and stood filling up the car with diesel.

After a couple of minutes, he strolled inside to pay for the gas. When Draven stepped inside, he picked up his favourite energy drink and a few things before going to the counter to pay. The old woman stared at Draven as he swiped his credit card.

When Draven left the car, Ileana was relieved and used this opportunity to get her bag from the back. She remembered to bring her laptop and charger, as every time she forgets it at The Manor. She plugged the USB in and attached her phone so that it would charge it. Ileana took off her black velvet scrunchie and placed it near her, as it was irritating her.

She quickly texted her mother, knowing she would have just left the clinic to go home. By the time she was done, Draven was back in the car.

"Maybe this will stop you from sulking like a child," He told her as he reached into the plastic bag, taking out the Kinder Bueno and throwing it on her lap. Draven placed a Dr Pepper bottle in the cupholder. Ileana couldn't believe what she was witnessing. "Get any of what you're going to have on my leather, and you'll be cleaning the whole car before you know it."

Ileana was too busy comprehending to even listen to what Draven was wanting her about. She loved Kinder Bueno, she could live off it for the rest of her life, if it wasn't so unhealthy.

"Thanks," She muttered. Nodding her head, acted as if she took notice of his words.

She started peeling the wrapper and saw Draven pull the tab on his red bull. A hiss sounded, followed by air escaping. His rings complimented the can. Ileana watched as he brought the can to his lips and touched the aluminium gently. With each gulp, his adam's apple bobbed slowly and a bit of liquid drizzled from his lips. Draven put the can down, wiping his mouth before the drink travelled down his neck.

This was illegal, some would say it was attractive, but Ileana wanted him to stop slurping like he's never had a drink in his life. She swallowed hard, shaking off what she'd just seen and continued taking the wrapper off. Draven fastened his seat belt and drove out of the gas station.

"You could have just used my charger, it's linked to the car." Draven broke the silence as he glimpsed at the charger cord connected to her phone.

"It's no big deal," Ileana mumbled in return and decided to rely on her friends before they got worried. She would have reached home by now, but plans changed.

I: Hi, I haven't gotten home yet. But that's not the only thing that's out of the ordinary today.
A: I'm glad you're alive? And ley, I'm walking to grove rn, chill.
L: What happened? Everything okay?
A: Yh, it's all good ley
L: Not you, you idiot.
I: I guess. Just me and whittemore in a car. The driver didn't come but the devil showed up instead.

Ileana quickly put the phone down before the girls could bombard her with messages. Draven was sitting next to her and talking about him would only make the situation more awkward.

There were twenty-five minutes away from the house and Ileana was more than pleased as she scanned the familiar surroundings. Because it was winter, the sun was setting, and the night was unveiling quickly. It was half five but looked as if it was late.

"How did you know?" Ileana questioned him.

Draven shifted his head an inch in her direction, "How did I know what?"

Ileana wanted to ask him more than he thought. She wanted to know how he found out about something no one should have. Ileana was always careful so it didn't make any sense. Yet, that would be a bad move. Ileana didn't want him to say more than he already has, or even try to find out more.

Draven took a turn and stopped at the traffic lights, "Amari, don't ask me something you don't want to hear the answer of. And I already told you this, I know more than you think."

"You're so aggravating. Stop with your blackmailing antics. You're honestly not very intimidating." Ileana argued back like she did all the time. Even though she was holding something against him, it didn't prevent her from pinning all the blame on Draven.

"Here we go again," Draven shook his head. "The nagging needs to stop. I hope you don't be like this tomorrow, or I'm gonna have to excuse myself from the dinner table."

"Please do, that way I can eat in peace."

Draven chuckled, "No. I don't think that will be possible. You do know they'll bring up stuff like they always do. All the grades and school bullshit."

"And..." Ileana elongated the word, confused as to what Draven was implying.

The car began moving and Draven turned to look at the road, "Well, we always do tell the partial truth but things are different now. You're failing big time, and I, I think I'm all good for the moment."

Dramatically she rolled her eyes, "Oh, so I assume you've already informed your father."

"No, and he isn't going to know. But besides, I don't think anything about this dinner will be peaceful. Do you not know the situation with our parents and the school?" Ileana looked perplexed by his words. "You'll be surprised."

"What's happening, is it bad?" Draven shrugged his shoulders, knowing exactly what it was but left her to find out for herself.

"Do you seriously live in a box?" He offended her, as he got closer to her house, but Ileana ignored him.

The Daher's house wasn't anything spectacular. It was modern with a few large windows and was painted fully white. Ileana's mother loved gardening and had many plants on the porch and the window railings. The pop of colour stood out, adding a colourful touch and giving it more life.

Her parents, especially her mother, liked living a simple life. And with them not spending a lot of time at home, buying a grand house was pointless. Ileana was boarding at The Manor, and the house was pretty much empty.

Ileana was anxious. She couldn't think of the possible scenarios about the problem she and the Whittemore family were facing. Issues concerned her a lot, even when they were about her.

Draven slammed on the brake hard, causing Ileana to push forward with her head nearly hitting the dashboard. Draven placed his arm in front of her so she wouldn't injure herself, or go flying out of the window. "I don't do that sometimes." He smirked, parking the car properly.

"Dickhead." She pushed his arm out of the way, unfastening her seat belt and stepping out of the vehicle. She grabbed her laptop and phone, clutching it tightly and making her way to the back doors to get her bags.

Draven beat her to it and opened the door, grabbing her bag and suitcase, walking towards her, so she could put the laptop back inside. He held the bag open for her, resting his arm on the handle of the suitcase.

They both strolled to the door, without bickering the neighbourhood was very quiet and they didn't want to disturb anyone around. As they got to the entrance, Ileana's mother opened the door.

The woman was dressed in her dark green suit, with her chiffon scarf wrapped loosely around her head. She smiled, as she looked at her daughter and made a few steps to embrace her in a hug.

"Merhaba MaMa, sorry I'm late." She spoke softly to her mother who had her both hands placed on Ileana's cheeks. "Shtaqtillek, I'm glad I'm home."

"Ana 'aerif," Her mother replied and looked to Draven. "Thank you for bringing Ileana home, I don't know what I would have had to do if you weren't there."

"Okay mum, you can stop now." Ileana gawked as her mother thanked Draven.

"Askut," She scolded Ileana to be quiet and approached Draven. "I appreciate it and I'm sure Ileana does too. Oh my, you're taller than me." She laughed, taking the suitcase from him.

Draven politely answered back, "Hi, Mrs Daher. It wasn't a problem."

"Well, it's late and I'm going to get dinner ready. I'll see you tomorrow, Draven. Actually, you could come to join us for dinner right now." She suggested.

Ileana's eyes widened at her mother's generosity. "No, he's got to go. I mean, he needs to go see his parents too. Can't let them wait for more than they have already, MaMa."

"Oh yes. Your father will be returning from work soon." She bid goodbye and wandered back inside before calling Ileana, leaving the door half-opened.

Ileana walked to Draven to get the bag he was holding. "The audacity to act like a saint in front of my mother, Whittemore."

"And the way you act like you're all innocent too." He spitted out, handing her the bag. Ileana gripped onto it, but Draven wouldn't let go.

She pulled on it, "Thanks for the ride. You can let go now." Draven smirked and Ileana could smell his perfume more strongly now. She was convinced that her bag would smell of it.

"I would say anytime, but I'm good." He pushed the bag on her and turned around, "See you later, Amari."

Ileana eyed his car as he drove out of her street. Revving his car, and seconds he wasn't in sight. Never again did she want to sit with him again.

She locked the door, took her shoes off at the door and made her way into the kitchen to help her mother. "Put the plates on the table, your father will be arriving home soon. He's very eager to see you."

Ileana nodded, clutching onto the white plates and made her way into the dining room. She stopped when her phone pinged. Placing the plates on the marble table, she paused to take her phone out of her pocket. Ileana unlocked her phone to read the text.

D: You left your scrunchie in my car. I'll think about giving it back to you. But finders keepers, right?

AUTHORS NOTE 

Hi, my beautiful people. Another ugly chapter. The first part is whatever but the second part I acc like. It's a rewritten scene from my first ever book and writing it again was so fun. Draven and my old character are like twins. Honestly I would love to sit with Draven ughhhh too bad it won't happen.
And I gave up edited this chapter again so If there's any mistakes ignore them. The dinner chapter is gonna be great I'm excited!!!! also mind the arabic, I literally use google so don't come for me if it's wrong!
Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. Again, if I have write. anything to offend anyone I apologise.
Thank you so much for reading! I love you all very much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.6K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...
19.8K 1.4K 106
โš ๏ธ Warning!!โš ๏ธ โš ๏ธ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug useโš ๏ธ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
143K 3.8K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
2.4K 74 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...